Animation Patch: Seushiro Elite V April 10, 2024 updates released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Shooters Mod (Magic, Bird, Barry) and Curry 40ft+ Jumpers....

Postby Culture Games on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Oh this is simply juicy
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Rapherino on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Dude, you did what 2k cannot do. Amazing :bowdown: :bowdown: but I sure hope in the future to make the game or sliders less boring. I'm looking forward to waht you can do in the game (Y) (Y)
Rapherino

Postby Seushiro on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:11 am

I am gonna post updates using my older account so in case anyone has questions related to this patch and not the anime patch I can easily filter it out.

Now just a few updates. I was looking into dribble animations to make em crazy for the anime patch and since I found every single one and listed it down I was able to tweak what I want. So this mod is no longer the shooter mod but also a drive mod. I miss the days when Iverson, Tim Hardaway, and the Old D. Wade (Flash) would have fast cross overs and even with no ankle breaks get past the Defense. Nowadays it still happens with players like Kyrie, Westbrook, D. Rose, and more the game should be this way instead of the slower dribbles with all having the same speed.

Hesitation Update (Hesitation 3):

Modded Cross overs: (I would say Cross Over 3 is the fastest and 6th is the 2nd fastest....2 is slowest)
Cross Over 1:

Cross Over 2:

Cross Over 3:

Cross Over 4:

Cross Over 5:

Cross Over 6:

All of these are in hall of fame difficulty but I can still avoid collision animations of the deffenders with the quickness:
Fixed the speed of dribbling away from opponents (Double team meter fills up faster than you backing out so I did this)

So with all that I made two sets one with the 40 ft Mod is you playing as Curry and one without since CPU always shoots late and it looks bad. A new Tunedata file has been added which also affect Blacktop default sliders. I hope to look into passing speed and blocking next but it does take a lot of time from my regular patching work :'(

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Seushiro on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seushiro

Re: Adjusted speeds Dribble, Launch, and Cuts

Postby Aureus Divus on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:46 am

yes ,yes and more YES (Y)
Immensa Omnium Peritia
Aureus Divus

Postby Culture Games on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:23 am

Hoping for more removed free throw and layup packages from 2k11-2k13
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:01 am

Is this going to cause any glitches in my game? Also, do all these changes make the Hall of Fame CPU less stupid, more intelligent and less cheese? I'm tired of the CPU scoring on me because their offensive rebounding is out of the bar, my defenders i don't control decide to leave the shoters open without any reason and me being able to dribble pass out a defender without having to ankle brake him)

PD: where's the love button for a thread NLSC? :bowdown:
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Seushiro on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:45 am

xoamberxo222 wrote:Hoping for more removed free throw and layup packages from 2k11-2k13

I am still trying to get more out of 2k13 since the animation files are close to 2k14. I hope I get the conversion knowledge done soon but need more time to burn testing.

big-shot-ROB wrote:Is this going to cause any glitches in my game? Also, do all these changes make the Hall of Fame CPU less stupid, more intelligent and less cheese? I'm tired of the CPU scoring on me because their offensive rebounding is out of the bar, my defenders i don't control decide to leave the shoters open without any reason and me being able to dribble pass out a defender without having to ankle brake him)

Let me break this down:
1.Is this going to cause any glitches in my game?
- None that I know of. I use the Red MC method in which the file remains compressed. The animations I need are extracted whole (Not just copy pasted and Hex edited to an animation file it can fit). Assigned slots, Mirror animations are properly coded from my learnings with CarolusXCI method (Even made a tutorial so others can properly identify and try). Finally Animation file is imported via Red MC as well. Everything is very much intact.

2. Also, do all these changes make the Hall of Fame CPU less stupid, more intelligent and less cheese?
- Well definitely less cheese as I modified the settings to be a challenging but less stressful for the gamer. I tried to make it close to the real NBA feeling of watching a game. First one to miss and have series of mistakes will pay the price and need effort now in defense. But these are my settings if it is not to that level of liking then need to edit it in HoS to something more suitable to your taste.

I mainly considered the type of plays being done now which are less use of the post, lots of pick and rolls, attacking the basket if man has enough dribble skills, Open man threes, last minute pass outs from the key when you perfectly get a center to block, and follow up dunks.

3. "I'm tired of the CPU scoring on me because their offensive rebounding is out of the bar, my defenders i don't control decide to leave the shoters open without any reason and me being able to dribble pass out a defender without having to ankle brake him"
- I could at least say these two issues won't be a problem with the tunedata.iff. We know in Hall of Fame Difficulty the CPU team has a bunch of increased imaginary stats (they always collide with you on drives till you drop ball, block you after series of fakes, you ankle break someone then a person is already on you. They move faster in going back to Defense, Know exactly where to wait for the rebound, and worst have better shooting).

So I gave the user stats some push but tried to level it just right with the CPU. You will still get the pressured D and scoring power the CPU has from Hall of Fame Mode but you can always make ways to get in the key and out of the slump with good defense. CPU will double team if you play with the ball long but that is normal as in real games you will get that open player free.
Seushiro

Postby isko on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:16 pm

link is broken? cant download :cry:
isko

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:52 pm

I'm glad you were able to figure this stuff out. I tried updating the dunk animations a few months ago, unfortunately the dunk contest dunks crash the game when you try to import them to signature animations.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kristhecrusader6 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:45 pm

Awesome job dudeee... Yeah where's that love button...??? (Y) :bowdown: :bowdown2:
kristhecrusader6

Postby CarolusXCI on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:16 pm

You're the best! :applaud:
CarolusXCI

Postby Kevin on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:29 pm

best mod here so far this year and maybe in my top 5 for the whole 2k14.

This mod is fucking awesome.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby vamegane on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:43 pm

How to install this mod?
:cheeky: :cheeky: UNION UBR + URB + Med's NBA Roster NOW :cheeky: :cheeky:
vamegane

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Download it, and dump the files into your main 2K14 folder. Make sure you back up your original files first.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby vamegane on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:29 am

This mod is awesome. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
We will hope more
:cheeky: :cheeky: UNION UBR + URB + Med's NBA Roster NOW :cheeky: :cheeky:
vamegane

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:45 am

Man :bowdown2: :applaud: Thank you for this. I just used this mod with the High School roster. I love it. I'm blowing by poor defenders and it actually feels explosive. Not sure what you did but I love it. That 40 ft+ shot is great because you can adjust success rate. I thought it would be too overpowered but it was not. I went 7-12 from 3pt with the K. Martin shotbase. Great mod!

any chance of taking a look at Dunks. It will be a little more complicated due to dunks being performed based on packages and you can't trigger specific dunks easily. But I would love to see the In between the legs dunk come back to in game gameplay. I believe you could do it in 2k7 and 2k8 for sure.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Seushiro on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:33 am

Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad for those that tested it and enjoyed the patch as much as I do. I will fix things more in the days to come. Little things I saw right now are the animations Set Shot 18 has a quick animation speed and I would need to normalize it, and J Johnson release needs a tweak as the ball release is ahead of the hand. So that would be on the next update.

I will test messing with the blocking and passing tomorrow. I do want this game to have touch passes much like the Spurs do in real life. I remember a previous NBA 2k that had this even before you get the ball to your hands and you press pass again you quickly dish towards the direction you are facing. I want that quick kinds of passes.

TGsoGood wrote:any chance of taking a look at Dunks. It will be a little more complicated due to dunks being performed based on packages and you can't trigger specific dunks easily. But I would love to see the In between the legs dunk come back to in game gameplay. I believe you could do it in 2k7 and 2k8 for sure.

There is still a lot of missing info in terms of editing dunks. I can import any dunk from the slam dunk contest but have no idea where to get the parameters to make it work properly. Obviously just replacing will only get you these results:

So still a longggggggg way to go in terms of research..... but good thing about sig_anims is the sig table file. unlike NBA_animations which may need to edit the .exe file to properly get the animation right sig_anims does not need. The data portion needed to edit is not in the .exe but in that file where all the shot parameter are.
Seushiro

Postby truefaith0826 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:17 am

tested it several times on cpu vs cpu and crazily inlove with the new speed and ball movement. I have to tweak my on-ball defense though to balance it out with players who has good defensive skills but AWESOME work Seushiro :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:!

Those animated gif dunks are amazing. Goodluck with that Seushiro , you have definitely raised the bar higher again on modding!

Can you also have a 2nd look on the IN-OUT dribble? I think the animation is too slow, very noticeable when a player is driving towards their hoop or bringing up the ball from back court during fast break.
truefaith0826

Postby Seushiro on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:17 pm

adiknbafan wrote:I have to tweak my on-ball defense though to balance it out with players who has good defensive skills but AWESOME work Seushiro :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:!

If you find a good balance on those do share the values. I want to continuously update the tunedata.iff with suggestions from you guys to get the best balance possible.

adiknbafan wrote:Can you also have a 2nd look on the IN-OUT dribble? I think the animation is too slow, very noticeable when a player is driving towards their hoop or bringing up the ball from back court during fast break.

Noted I will take a look into it and include it on next update.
Seushiro

Postby ONYX on Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:40 pm

I love this so much damn; it adds a new feel to the game :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

One thing though, it's mostlikely impossible but also just a personal thing; I feel iffy about how the drives affect big men as well such as Demarcus Cousins and others. It looks kinda weird seeing them launch from a standing dribble so quickly. It doesn't really affect me that much, but yeah haha.

The dunk thing is looking really promising; and I am really excited about the lengths you could reach, and how far you could go with that. Thank you so much!
ONYX

Postby Seushiro on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:46 pm

AZRA wrote:I feel iffy about how the drives affect big men as well such as Demarcus Cousins and others. It looks kinda weird seeing them launch from a standing dribble so quickly. It doesn't really affect me that much, but yeah haha.

- To be honest at first I wonder how this is too and if it is a roster thing. I have PGs that drive speeds of normal evethough GUARD animations have been speed up then out of nowhere I go against the Pacers and Paul George has an even faster drive speed than anyone on the court... so same as your reaction a big WTF

But I never touched any of the big man dribbles with animation names like ANM_2K10_DRIBBLE_LAUNCH_BIG, ANM_2K11_DRIBBLE_SPRINT_CROSS_BIG, or ANM_2K9_DRIBBLE_SPRINT_BIG so I dunno how dribble animations are assigned per player and why other types can use em, just hoping if it is by the cross overs you choose or something. This needs further investigation and will be updated when i figure it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So for this update:

Added more win animations for dribbling double team scenarios... If you are caught in a double team and you see their meters filling up just let go of sprint (if you are holding it) and then press sprint and move forward poof. My reasoning here is ball handlers do not fall for this in many (a huge freaking lot) in NBA games they always force their way out of double teams and succeed or stumble and lose the ball, but not end up tied up for JUMP BALLS. I find it silly that you can get tied up so easily and face a long wait time while the whole jump ball process will start. So only time you get a jump ball is like in the real world when you are in ball protect or triple threat pose. Since you did not put the ball down nor pass it double teams can pressure you and get the jump ball.

other updates:
- Reduced Swingman and Bigman dribble speeds affecting some semi big players driving faster than some guards
- Fixed the set Hot 18 timing and J. Johnson Release.
- Edited some passing speeds especially for flashy passes (L1 + RIght analog)

Curry's 32 ft OT shot vs OKC, tribute from today's game! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Seushiro on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seushiro

Postby ONYX on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Seushiro wrote:
- To be honest at first I wonder how this is too and if it is a roster thing. I have PGs that drive speeds of normal evethough GUARD animations have been speed up then out of nowhere I go against the Pacers and Paul George has an even faster drive speed than anyone on the court... so same as your reaction a big WTF

I just went against Pacers on assoc; I lost, and freakin Paul George was unstoppable. This is probably why, HAHA! A.I. Paul George went 34 points and 11 assists on 6 minute quarters. That dude beast.
ONYX

Postby Aureus Divus on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:55 pm

i wasnt gonna use the 40 ft jumper version but after what curry did to the thunder last night..... :crazyeyes: i just might have to lol
Immensa Omnium Peritia
Aureus Divus

Re: Dribble Animation Updates

Postby Seushir0 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Sharing some more gifs of the double team lose animations being changed to win animations and the great escape.

ImageImageImage

Seushir0

Re: Dribble Animation Updates

Postby truefaith0826 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:23 am

Yes Seushiro, the one on sample 1 is the in-out dribble I'm referring to. I'm not so sure though why I'm not seeing anything on sample 2.

As far as my latest sliders are concern (applies both to CPU-User), see details below if you want to check it out.

OFFENSE
Inside shot success- 32
Close shot success- 40
Mid-range shot success- 43
3PT success- 46
Layup success- 43
Dunk in traffic freq 60
Dunk in traffic success- 40
Pass accuracy- 38
Alley-oop success- 50
Contact shot success- 0 > AND1 still happens

DEFENSE-
Driving contact shot frequency- 88
Inside contact shot frequency- 93
Layup defense strength (takeoff) 0
Layup defense strength (release) 54
Jumpshot defense strength (takeoff) 41
Jumpshot defense strength (release) 37
Help defense strength- 97
Steal success- 43

ATTRIBUTES
Quickness- 55
Vertical- 55
Strength- 60
Stamina- 45
Speed 55
Durability- 0
Hustle- 100
Ball handling- 38
Hands- 14
Dunking ability- 53
On-ball defense- 38
Stealing- 57
Blocking- 57
Offensive awareness- 100
Defensive awareness- 88 >> help defense to recover for players being blown by
Offensive rebounding- 98
Defensive rebounding- 46
Consistency- 56
Fatigue rate- 50
Injury frequency- 51
Injury severity- 98

TENDENCIES
Take inside shots- 88
Take close shots- 63
Take mid-range shots- 51
Take 3-pt shots- 50
Post shots 56
Attack the basket- 88
Look for post players- 100
Throw alley-oops- 58
Attempt dunks- 78
Attempt putbacks- 53
Play passing lanes- 53
Go for on-ball steals- 68
Contest shots- 56
Backdoor cuts- 100

FOULS
Over the back foul frequency- 98
Charging foul frequency- 100
Blocking foul frequency- 36
Reaching foul frequency- 76
Shooting foul frequency- 98
Loose ball foul frequency- 98

Gameplay:
Difficulty HOF
Game style Custom
Speed 57
Quarter Length 12 minutes
Fatigue On
Injuries On
Shooting type Real player %
FT Shooting type Real player %
Free throw difficulty 85

I'm downloading now your new update, so those sliders might change. Moreover, feeling excited to apply it and see the game more realistic. :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
truefaith0826

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding