Fictional Rosters and Art

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Fictional Rosters and Art

Postby Cpt(K) on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:45 pm

I decided to convert them to Live 06 after I picked up a copy of the game. Seeing how little roster mods come for this game I thought might as well. This thread probably won't have as much attention as the live 08 one if any at all, but I figured I'd upload a version for this game. I'm nearing the end of Spring break so I'll probably go on a hiatus for a while.

I am curious though, I've already known the accessories (arm and leg tattoos, user created materials) for other games would not look pretty when applied, but I'm wondering if it would be against the rules to convert and then upload Live 06 versions of accessories from a retired (to my knowledge) patcher (Montana Patches)? I'm not even sure if I wanna get through the hassle of converting them, but I figured I could ask. Interestingly enough the leg tattoos appeared fine:

The arm tattoos were another issue though, no screenshot necessary. I also have to ask, how do you convert tattoos from 08 to 06?

Download Link: Cpt(K)'s Fictional Rosters
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt(K)

Re: Fictional Rosters and Art

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:18 am

Nicely done. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bromul on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 am

Where are the leg tatoos ?
bromul

Postby bromul on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:00 am

Thanks you man you the boss
bromul

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 am

I've been inactive on the mod scene lately, but this problem with the arm tats wasn't that difficult after all. Merely double the resolution via FshX was the solution. The arm_tats are doubled, but the leg_tats remain their original resolution since I couldn't see any noticeable problems (maybe I'm blind). I thought I'd have to purchase photoshop and somehow convert them that way. Although I must say the new appearance of the wiki is pleasing to the eye: http://wiki.nba-live.com/index.php?n=Tu ... rNBALive06 (Y)

bromul, I'm not the original creator of the tattoos/accessories as these are the fine contributions from King George (formerly Montana Patches iirc), and Amenace. In one of each of their release threads they granted me permission, and I credit them. New file contains their work as optional. One issue is that with each following season in Dynasty mode draft classes use default accessories, and so a manual edit (simple but tedious) is required in the appearance.dbf file.
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:22 am

That's actually the old Wiki. It's supposed to redirect to the new one, so I should probably take it down. Looks like we're missing that resource from our current Wiki though, so I'll have to do some copying.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:35 am

Haha, well I'm glad to have helped in that regard. :lol: Silly me, I'd better frequent the wiki more often. Several sites I regular recently updated, and so I just figured the same. I happened upon it with a Google search.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:41 am

Yeah, all that stuff is still accessible via Google, so it's time for a clean up. I had an email from someone reporting broken links on our now-unused links page, and asking if their sites could be added.

Incidentally, the current Wiki can be found here: http://www.nba-live.com/nbalivewiki/

Always looking for new contributors! ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:09 am

Added a little note in the download description. I've tested Dynasty mode, and into the 3rd season there's been no crash issues. I'd expect the same for the other 3 rosters. However, my manual age fix seemed to be off by 2 or 3 years. So many players appear to have started at the age 18, and a few more at 17. I'll fix that relatively soon, because in the "player evolution screen" a few players have grown an inch or two.

Super late edit: The age fix has been corrected, I updated the download notes as well.
Cpt(K)

Postby magiciangirl06 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:42 am

Hello sir Cpt(K) .. I've found some of your work sir and i was amaze with your accessories can you make more of this with more OPTIONAL with different race of skin
magiciangirl06
"NBA LIVE 06"

Postby Cpt(K) on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:50 am

Cpt(K) wrote:I'm not the original creator of the tattoos/accessories as these are the fine contributions from King George (formerly Montana Patches iirc), and Amenace. In one of each of their release threads they granted me permission, and I credit them. New file contains their work as optional. One issue is that with each following season in Dynasty mode draft classes use default accessories, and so a manual edit (simple but tedious) is required in the appearance.dbf file.

I'm not familiar with the "how-to." All I did was re-size them for NBA Live 06 using FshX.
Cpt(K)

Postby magiciangirl06 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:15 am

Sir can you re-size the accessories of PLAYERS GEARS in the download section of nba 08 i think,thats probably gonna trend sir plsss.. to nba 06 especially xxx_arm_.fsh and i think sir xxx_leg_tat.fsh are working perfectly fine. thanks for quickreply sir i appreciate :D
magiciangirl06
"NBA LIVE 06"

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:46 am

If you mean "trend" as in trending in the social media sense, I don't think patches for a ten year old game are going to get a lot of traction in that regard. Remember, just because you really want something doesn't mean the demand is actually high. Take a look at the activity in these sections for older games, and you'll see the interest has waned a lot since the games were new. That's just the way it goes.

Please also keep in mind that patching is something that people do for free in their spare time, and they may not always be interested in taking requests. I know you're keen to get these updates, but the responses you've received so far don't indicate a lot of interest in making them. You've got to "feel the room" in situations like this. Sometimes the answer is no, and requests can't always be fulfilled. You need to keep that in mind, be accepting of it, and move on when you don't have any luck. Continuing to push those requests in the thread of anyone who makes updates is just going to annoy people, so please don't be that poster.

Having said all that, maybe Cpt(K) can help you out here, but if not, please accept that, and consider that it might be time to give it a rest on this particular request, until someone actively shows interest in making them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:17 am

magiciangirl06, every "PLAYER GEARS" included in here NBA Live 06 Fictional Rosters are originally for NBA Live 08. I recommend downloading Fshx: FshX or FshX for Windows Vista

Then you can enlarge them yourself, it is actually really simple: double the resolution with one or two clicks (they have to be 512x512). Each "PLAYER GEARS" for NBA Live 08 is usually 256x256, or 128x128.

I'm not going to edit and release files that I don't have permission for, but what you can do is edit them for your own personal use. If you are able to contact the authors of the mod(s), then perhaps after gaining permission- you can upload them here yourself.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:31 am

There you go. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby magiciangirl06 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:42 am

sorry sir andrew ... i just want this game badly, sir andrew and cptk i have problems in FshX run-time error 429 and i dont know where to find that solution and again sir andrew im just being myself man.
magiciangirl06
"NBA LIVE 06"

Postby magiciangirl06 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:00 am

oww man thanks alot it work FshX for vista is actually work man in windows 7... and i dont even try it. thanks alot man i appreciate :D :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
magiciangirl06
"NBA LIVE 06"

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:37 am

No one's saying you can't "just be yourself", you just need to follow the rules and be considerate of your fellow Forum members.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby magiciangirl06 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:29 am

sir andrew and Cptk, theres a problem in my fshX and try double the resolution of the jersey num and keeps appear like this...
magiciangirl06
"NBA LIVE 06"

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:40 am

This is not a technical support thread. However, which FshX were you using just then? I'm not having problems with it, but I'm using FshX not FshX for Windows Vista.

I'm also not very familiar with FshX, it hasn't ever given me errors before. Jersey editing isn't something I know a lot about either. Try running the program in compatibility mode or something, or use a different computer. When you have an issue like this, it may be more appropriate to create a new thread.

Cpt(K)

Postby magiciangirl06 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:30 am

Im using fshX vista and thanks again for the info sir it helps me alot.
magiciangirl06
"NBA LIVE 06"

Return to NBA Live 06