NBA Live Mobile Released (Currently Canada Only)

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

NBA Live Mobile Released (Currently Canada Only)

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Looks like there's a mobile version of NBA Live this year, available for iOS and Android devices. It's free, but is currently only available in Canada.

STAY FRESH IN DAILY LIVE EVENTS
NBA LIVE Mobile connects you to the NBA every day, all year long. Instantly tap into brand new challenges and incredible rewards every day with live events, evolving matchups, Head-to-Head and Seasons modes, and more – all based on the real NBA!

ASSEMBLE YOUR TEAM*
Select your favorite NBA franchise and become GM. Acquire real NBA players from the past and present by opening packs, or by working the auction house. Collect blockbuster legends and current stars like Russell Westbrook. Upgrade your roster your own way, then take your team out on the court to compete against friends.

FIND EDGES TO DOMINATE*
Play through fast-paced NBA seasons to build your powerhouse franchise. Unlock special abilities for your team members, dominate friends, and take your franchise to the next level.

NBA LIVE Mobile brings real NBA events and next-generation hardwood action straight to your fingertips. Are you ready to rise to the top?

This app: requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply); requires acceptance of EA’s Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA; includes in-game advertising; collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details); contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13.

*Facebook login required. Must be 13 years or older.

So, as long as NBA Live is making its way to other platforms...perhaps PC, sometime in the future? Just throwing it out there as something I'd be interested in. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live Mobile Released (Currently Canada Only)

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Time to bring out a mobile game but no time to sort out more of the place holder face scans.... figures
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:20 pm

I'd suggest that a different team is working on the mobile version. That's generally how it goes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Still, money that could of being spent differently
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Honestly, I doubt it has an impact. I mean, the lack of face scans is an issue, but I doubt this affects the situation in any way. Whatever's been holding up getting some of those players' face scans in the game, it wouldn't be a separate team working on a mobile version of the game.

I get where you're coming from, of course. For me though, I'm kind of glad to see them expanding into other platforms. As much as the PC version is a long shot, it's good to know that they're looking beyond PS4 and X1, one way or another.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:04 am

mp3 wrote:Time to bring out a mobile game but no time to sort out more of the place holder face scans.... figures

The face scanning is probably a long process, or they have one person working on it. I'm not sure why it takes so long since the face scanning process from the app only takes 3 mins lol.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:49 am

Face scanning is also optional for all players, so there's no guarantee they'll have the opportunity to scan everyone.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:42 am

Easily the best mobile basketball game out. Very smooth and responsive. Also layout is a lot like Madden Mobile so that's a plus (Y)
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:02 pm

zzcoolj21 wrote:Easily the best mobile basketball game out. Very smooth and responsive. Also layout is a lot like Madden Mobile so that's a plus (Y)

I was watching a video earlier, and a defender got knocked out by a hard screen in the mobile game. They don't have this animation in the console version. They also don't have a lot of slowing down animations in the paint. Reminds me a lot of NBA Live 06 lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:03 pm

It's basically ultimate team mobile. Pretty fun, though.

As much as I want to play more, I now have to wait for my stamina to refill, or pay money or something.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Pdub wrote:It's basically ultimate team mobile. Pretty fun, though.

As much as I want to play more, I now have to wait for my stamina to refill, or pay money or something.

My sister is going to let me use her Ipad when she finds it, because I don't invest in Apple products lol. Curious to get my hands on it though
ThaLiveKing

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Please EA for the love of basketball gods bring back Live on PC and let the wonderful talented folks of this site create mods for it that would generate even more interest in your game.
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:12 am

I understand a lot of the frustration going around about NBA Live, but people have to realize this is the first time these guys have progressed with a 3-year plan, progress is being made. I also understand that a lot of the things that should be in the game, are absent, but there's ways to get your point across or don't even say anything at all. Everything has been said already by the fans. EA as a company have their own schedule on what they want for NBA Live and they're following that mold before they even worry about the things WE want. I learned this a long time ago, as most of you know I've been to their studio for Live 13. Did they listen to me, sure, did they put all the things I wanted in the game? No. Did they frustrate me when I was there? Yeah. They have to follow their own Blue Print, and that for us fans, can get frustrating, but that's the reality of the situation.

I'm not going to bash them for their product, because I've done enough adjustments to enjoy the game. If the game annoys me, I simply turn it off and play something else. If I want to make a videos like I've been doing since 2008, I'll make them. I want this game to be great just like everybody else. I'm just being realistic about the situation.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 am

I agree, I'm all about constructive feedback. I know the developers are too, because I've been in the room when people from the community (myself included, of course) were giving feedback, and I saw how receptive they were to it, including Sean O'Brien. I do think there are some things that can't wait too much longer, but I also believe that the devs are aware of that, too.

I also believe that as gamers we do need to vent. That's healthy, and it's not a line of conversation I want to shut down, as such. When we do the Wishlists though, it's all about keeping calm and being constructive, so it's for the best that we keep those threads fairly clean and on-point. I do think that we do a good job of that, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:09 pm

I've got NBA Live mobile on my Blackberry Passport, and been playing it for the last hour, and I must say, this game is impressive. There's so much to like with this more than the console version in terms of game play/ player movement, physics. I showed it to my brother and he says its less "bouncy" than the console version. I've had so many crazy blocks in this game, and the transition is what I really want on the console version. It's hard to explain, you have to feel it for yourself. It's just fun and responsive. Watching the videos on YouTube doesn't even compare to when you play it, it's so much fun. It literally reminds me of NBA Live 06 with much more animations.

The use of space on offense with the touch screen controls is even better on this mobile version than the Xbox One version, and I'm not eve exaggerating. The game doesn't have that SLOW DOWN effect either, you control the pace, and the speed of the game is how you dictate it. I wish there was a way I could play this on my CPU with the keyboard LOL. Definitely check it out

If you want the game, go to APKMirror.com and search NBA Live Mobile, you can download it. Should work on Android phones.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 pm

I find it definitely fun as far as casual basketball goes. I understand all the comparisons to Live 06, as it had an up tempo game pace, but you can also play more of a half court offense. If you wait, players will cut off ball or set you screens.

There is obviously no foot planting, which probably allows for the extra feeling of responsiveness. That is mainly with general movement, but I would say it doesn't feel or look like you are playing on ice.

My only big gripe is the auto switch on defense.

I've seen put back layups, alley oops, spinning and hop step layups, runners and fadeaways.

There are also charging calls, reaching fouls and moving screens.

I want to trade in some bronze players for a silver player, but they are so deep on my roster, they don't show up and there isn't a way that I can find to move them farther up the bench to trade them in.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:58 am

Pdub wrote:I find it definitely fun as far as casual basketball goes. I understand all the comparisons to Live 06, as it had an up tempo game pace, but you can also play more of a half court offense. If you wait, players will cut off ball or set you screens.

There is obviously no foot planting, which probably allows for the extra feeling of responsiveness. That is mainly with general movement, but I would say it doesn't feel or look like you are playing on ice.

My only big gripe is the auto switch on defense.

I've seen put back layups, alley oops, spinning and hop step layups, runners and fadeaways.

There are also charging calls, reaching fouls and moving screens.

I want to trade in some bronze players for a silver player, but they are so deep on my roster, they don't show up and there isn't a way that I can find to move them farther up the bench to trade them in.

I'm pretty sure it's still in a testing phase, I love the simplicity of it ... How do you alley oop? Maybe I'll try to double tap the pass button.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:10 am

I've only seen the computer AI alley oop. Just today I went to the free throw line.

It does seem like they are testing or adding things. As I progress I notice have noticed different things in the game.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:49 pm

I just got sonned by the Warriors in my final game, needed a controller to play that game lol
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 16