Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Postby justinpot on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:28 am

Just saw the patch notes of patch 3 and it said that we can finally change sock length of myplayers :) guess the devs really are looking for feedback from the community (Y)
justinpot

Postby justinpot on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:30 am

And maybe in the next patch they can add the option to put on shoulder tape,finger strap and compression clothing like an undershirt to our myplayer
justinpot

Postby justinpot on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:20 am

Just saw the patch and the compressiom gear, thanks Leftos and devs of 2k (Y)
justinpot

Postby miki_92 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:44 am

has anyone else noticed that few shoes brands are missing in CAP (Peak, Li Ning and BrandBlack) but they are present in Roster Editor
miki_92

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:50 am

In MyCareer, I like to keep my audio set on "on court". That involves ofcourse, commentary set to 0. At the halftime show/Jordan player of the game presentation, when Doris interviews anyone at the half of the game, or when the coach is having the halftime speech, because the commentary is set to 0, you can't hear anything they are saying. I also have my subtitles set to off. It would be nice to hear those people talk even though the audio is set to "on court"
I Hate Mondays

Postby Nick on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:53 am

(Forgive me if this has been brought up already)

The create-a-player function is soo so good this year, but some things got taken out. When creating players for draft classes or rosters there are some key editing elements missing: body type and tattoos. Just wondering, is that something that's going to be changed via patch for 2k16? Or is that something that's more likely to get addressed in 2k17 instead?
Whether i make a bunch of fictional draft classes depends on the answer to this. Don't want to put my energy into draft classes where all the players are the same body shape with no body art. Too repetitive. Might have to wait until next year.

Also, the right wrist edit bug in CAP is still there even after patch 3 got released (ps4), and the height cap of 7'2" seems a bit limiting too. Draft Classes aren't even used online.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby menten on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:11 am

Please DON'T REMOVE PLAYER PICTURES in MyGM mode when a player is traded or doesnt have the right jersey! the 3D model just dont look right. at least give us the option to keep the original picture.

please! it shouldn't be that hard to do
menten

Postby joosegoose on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:28 am

When rebranding or creating a team, it would be nice to be able to "tag" your logo submissions so that users could sort by tags. A user could then specifically search for Seattle logos, a certain color, object, etc.

Idea was posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments ... anding_or/
joosegoose

Postby Cowflab on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Is it possible to change body types on the existing and/or future roster updates? If so, I have a few suggestions.

Kristaps Porzingis, Corey Brewer to the super skinny model like Steph Curry.

Draymond Green, Zach Randolph to standard big guy build like Serge Ibaka.

Donatas Motijunas to standard build like James Harden.

That's for starters if it can be done. I'm super OCD about authenticity in myGM and myLeague. If these can be done I will be more than happy to make a comprehensive list by team of suggestions.

Thank you and your team for the excellent work you do!
Cowflab

Postby Corymach7 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Dear devs...

I want you to create a patch that includes a Connected Franchise along with Franchise & Season all in MyLeague. Source here:

viewtopic.php?f=163&t=100260
Corymach7

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:12 am

That would be something for NBA 2K17, not a patch for NBA 2K16.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dwayne12345 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:41 am

Dear Devs,

Can we please work on the generated rookies templates? Draft classes are filled with Raw-Passt First 2 guards or Playmaking 2 Guards.

Most Shooting Guards coming out of college are either Raw and Athletic with good perimiter instincts or one dimensional shooters/scorers who need to develop defensive fundamentals. I've been creating draft classes for 2k since the feature has been available and this is definitely the usual.

Also wingspans for some players are abnormally long and do not adhere to realism. For reference Giannis Antetekounmpo is 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan and he's considered abnormally long. That would make his wingspan rating in the game a 60. Too often there are small forwards and power forwards with a wingspan of 70 or 75 (that's an 8 to 9 inch wingspan to height difference). That is an extremely rare height to wingspan ratio and should be treated as such with generated classes...
dwayne12345

Postby kalionyo on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:25 pm

I know this issue has been discussed before, but because I haven't found a solution, maybe a little re-emphasis couldn't hurt. In MyLeague and presumably MyGM, it doesn't seem like prospects develop badges at an appropriate rate. I enjoy playing MyLeague like a manager mode and it hurts to see prospects who reach their potentials with only a few bronze badges years into their careers. Will or has this problem been addressed? I know Patch 3 is coming out for the PC soon so I haven't tested it, but it wasn't in the patch notes.

Edit:
May as well add more thoughts to my post. Can we also see the return of viewing accolades of players in the Hall-of-Fame reappear like last-gen? It's nice to see what some generated rookies have accomplished.
kalionyo

Postby LeonLeroy on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:32 pm

I LOVE EVERYTHING--except the most important thing--player tendencies.

I still experience formulaic positions playing identically spanning most teams. All I want is individual players playing like themselves. Everything else (all I care about is myleague) is great.
LeonLeroy

Postby Sanada.K on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:04 am

Dear Leftos,

Issues: Multiplayer Glitch after Play Calling or Timeout Non-player lock or Player-lock

Platform: PC, Steam, Window 7 Pro (64-bit)

Description:

You have released patch 3.0 this past week. While I commend you for straightening game play issues and other areas, I'm experiencing a glitch playing regular exhibition game, player-lock or non-player-lock multiplayer, when after a play call and I immediately lost player movement control on the court. Further this experience also carries out after calling a timeout, player lock with multiplayer on exhibition. We were able to use play regular exhibition using player lock without an issue before patch 3.0. Do you have any suggestions or any upcoming patches to address this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

K
Sanada.K

Postby Jeffx on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:35 am

Dear Devs,

Could you do a better job of testing for bugs/glitches? Is that too much to ask for?

I haven't been able to play for a week because the black screen glitch, which happened after the latest update. I'm f-g pissed right now, spending $60 for a broken game. If this isn't fixed soon, back to 2k11 for me.
Jeffx

Postby dwayne12345 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:22 am

Sanada.K wrote:Dear Leftos,

Issues: Multiplayer Glitch after Play Calling or Timeout Non-player lock or Player-lock

Platform: PC, Steam, Window 7 Pro (64-bit)

Description:

You have released patch 3.0 this past week. While I commend you for straightening game play issues and other areas, I'm experiencing a glitch playing regular exhibition game, player-lock or non-player-lock multiplayer, when after a play call and I immediately lost player movement control on the court. Further this experience also carries out after calling a timeout, player lock with multiplayer on exhibition. We were able to use play regular exhibition using player lock without an issue before patch 3.0. Do you have any suggestions or any upcoming patches to address this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

K

Maybe you might want to try putting that in the Bugs and Glitches thread to get the proper attention to your issue.
dwayne12345

Postby lidz28 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:42 am

Leftos, bro after all the patches the replay free camera angle is gone we hope to see that again on the next update :bowdown:
lidz28

Postby miki_92 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Players are missing too many wide open alley-oops after Update 3
miki_92

Postby Nick on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Leftos, in the next patch could you please make it possible to edit staff outside of MyLEAGUE so that i can edit coach styles/attributes/etc for the roster that i use for MyGM? It'd be awesome if this was possible to do within the "edit roster" screen.

kalionyo wrote:I know this issue has been discussed before, but because I haven't found a solution, maybe a little re-emphasis couldn't hurt. In MyLeague and presumably MyGM, it doesn't seem like prospects develop badges at an appropriate rate. I enjoy playing MyLeague like a manager mode and it hurts to see prospects who reach their potentials with only a few bronze badges years into their careers. Will or has this problem been addressed? I know Patch 3 is coming out for the PC soon so I haven't tested it, but it wasn't in the patch notes.

Edit:
May as well add more thoughts to my post. Can we also see the return of viewing accolades of players in the Hall-of-Fame reappear like last-gen? It's nice to see what some generated rookies have accomplished.

+1 for both of those things
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby benji on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Andrew wrote:That too. They'd have to replace Doris Burke, Clark Kellogg, and Greg Anthony, but it'd be worth it for the authenticity. I'm also guessing not a lot of people would miss Kellogg at this juncture.

They're really getting the points in the paint. I call those "PIPs."

I spoke to Erik Spoelstra and he said Brandon Jennings is a blur out there.

That was a good screenplay, and I'm not talking about the kind of screenplay in a movie.

The game is way too close for a move like that.

He's usually seen as a bit more of a role player.

But I gotta say, through the teeth of some pretty shoddy defense.
benji

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:24 am

Dear Dears, i dunno what you've done with the last update(s), but gameplay really sucks now.
VS IA, too many turnovers, too many steals, strange rebounds
At this point, i want to modify sims sliders, because imo you ruin the game :roll:
sticky-fingers

Postby Nick on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:55 pm

benji wrote:
Andrew wrote:That too. They'd have to replace Doris Burke, Clark Kellogg, and Greg Anthony, but it'd be worth it for the authenticity. I'm also guessing not a lot of people would miss Kellogg at this juncture.

They're really getting the points in the paint. I call those "PIPs."

I spoke to Erik Spoelstra and he said Brandon Jennings is a blur out there.

That was a good screenplay, and I'm not talking about the kind of screenplay in a movie.

The game is way too close for a move like that.

He's usually seen as a bit more of a role player.

But I gotta say, through the teeth of some pretty shoddy defense.

You need to smell his breath.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby miki_92 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Please 2K fix this nonsense in MyCareer where elite SF defender is guarding PG even though he is trash/mediocore and that much better player is playing on SG/SF position, allow elite SF defenders to guard SG's if is the right match-up, or SG's to guard PG's

Last night I played vs Rockets, and guess who's guarding Harden, Manu fuckin' Ginobili and Kawhi is on Lawson while I as a PG am playing D on Ariza, same thing against Bulls Kawhi on A. Brooks (D-Rose injured), Manu on Butler, and I am guarding D. McDermott
miki_92

Postby Nick on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Leftos, there are some astute observations and tuning suggestions for MyLeague / MyGM in this thread over at OS: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... -list.html

Also, there are GREAT wishlist ideas for MyLeague/MyGM modes in this thread too (especially the most recent ones in early December): http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... -list.html

Please send it on :) Thanks
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16