Bugs & Glitches

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches

Postby MaxMBox on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:52 pm

RazberyBandit wrote:Bug: MyCareer in-game (A button to continue) simulated Box Score player stats versus Team Comparison stats.

Platform: PC (maybe all)

Game Mode: MyCareer

It appears to me that game stats during simulated time (while on bench) in MyCareer are not correctly tracked. Screenshots:
Wiggins has 2 steals, I have one.
[ Image ]
Team Comparison at that same point in game showing NO with only 1 TO and us with 3 TO.
[ Image ]

How is it possible for a team to have 3 steals while the opponent is only charged 1 turn-over? Our team is the one showing 3 TOs...?

I noticed this bug a while back, but finally took the time to screenshot and post it. There could very well be other bugged stats, but this is the only obvious one I can confirm. Surely people remember how grossly bugged plus/minus stats were last year...

Yes stats and stats overlays are pretty bugged. For example sometimes they show that my PG is 7th in blocks per game with 0.3 BPG, or my C is 3rd in 3PT% with 0.0% :facepalm2: I even noticed yesterday that someone was 0th and 0th in some categories but I don't remember who he was and in what categories.
MaxMBox

Postby juslovemusic on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Smaug wrote:BUG:invisible players,i see the ball but not the player..It started yesterday :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

PLATFORM:PC

GAME MODE:MyTeam.MyCareer,MyPark

This is a shoe related bug. If you create a roster, you can test what shoes make players invisible. It's crazyquick 3 by Adidas that has made any player wearing them invisible for me. I would recommend deleting the archive 1L in your steam instillation folder for nba 2k16 and then verifying integrity of game cache to re-download it. This might solve your problem. If not, a temp fix would be to create a new roster changing the problem shoes for home and away on any player that wears them.
juslovemusic

Postby Smaug on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:41 am

juslovemusic wrote:
Smaug wrote:BUG:invisible players,i see the ball but not the player..It started yesterday :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

GAME MODE:MyTeam.MyCareer,MyPark

This is a shoe related bug. If you create a roster, you can test what shoes make players invisible. It's crazyquick 3 by Adidas that has made any player wearing them invisible for me. I would recommend deleting the archive 1L in your steam instillation folder for nba 2k16 and then verifying integrity of game cache to re-download it. This might solve your problem. If not, a temp fix would be to create a new roster changing the problem shoes for home and away on any player that wears them.

Tried all of that before,nothing works,so i will wait for a patch to fitx it..Thanks anyway
Smaug

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:32 am

dwayne12345, this is an issue with the player model itself, one of the LODs doesn't have the proper hair. I believe this is fixed in the upcoming patch.

MaxMBox, can you get me screenshots or video of those bugged stat overlays? I'd also like to know the situtation, what mode, what season, where in the season, etc.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leander on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:18 am

1) Automatic substitutions do not work as expected.

Mode: season, 4x6 minutes
Problem: distribution between starters and bench never works, regardless of the "use bench" slider. The starting 5 players that should get the most minutes do not get them, the subs that should act as a sixth man get the fewest minutes.

Example, starting five, bench, positions, assigned minutes:

1 C Robin Lopez 32 MPG
2 PF Porzingis 30 MPG
3 SF Dirk Nowitzki 35 MPG
4 SG Vujacic 26 MPG
5 PG Calderon 24 MPG
===========
6 SF Williams 24 MPG
7 PG Galloway 24 MPG
8 C O'Quinn 20 MPG
9 SF Thomas 15 MPG
10 PG Grant 10 MPG

Nowitzki gets the lowest time of the starters, Calderon and Vujacic average 34 MPG although they should see way fewer minutes!
Williams and Galloway should average 24 MPG off the bench but only get about 12 MPG whereas Grant and Thomas average 20.

Basically, it's the complete opposite of how it should be. Played 6 season games so far...used different "use bench" sliders but the ratio is always the same. I assign many s5 or bench minutes but they get little time and those players who should only play a bit get the most time on the court.

2) Sometimes a player that was not subbed in gets 1 game, 1 minute to his statistics. I use a rotation of 10 players but sometimes another player with 0 minutes assigned who does not appear on court gets +1 to his stats.

3) I play with real FG%...Calderon has the 3P icon but has gone 4/25 from downtown so far...the last 10 shots were all completely unguarded, wide open...still he missed all of them.
Leander

Postby joosegoose on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:24 am

Leander wrote:1) Automatic substitutions do not work as expected.

Mode: season, 4x6 minutes
Problem: distribution between starters and bench never works, regardless of the "use bench" slider. The starting 5 players that should get the most minutes do not get them, the subs that should act as a sixth man get the fewest minutes.

Example, starting five, bench, positions, assigned minutes:

1 C Robin Lopez 32 MPG
2 PF Porzingis 30 MPG
3 SF Dirk Nowitzki 35 MPG
4 SG Vujacic 26 MPG
5 PG Calderon 24 MPG
===========
6 SF Williams 24 MPG
7 PG Galloway 24 MPG
8 C O'Quinn 20 MPG
9 SF Thomas 15 MPG
10 PG Grant 10 MPG

Nowitzki gets the lowest time of the starters, Calderon and Vujacic average 34 MPG although they should see way fewer minutes!
Williams and Galloway should average 24 MPG off the bench but only get about 12 MPG whereas Grant and Thomas average 20.

Basically, it's the complete opposite of how it should be. Played 6 season games so far...used different "use bench" sliders but the ratio is always the same. I assign many s5 or bench minutes but they get little time and those players who should only play a bit get the most time on the court.

2) Sometimes a player that was not subbed in gets 1 game, 1 minute to his statistics. I use a rotation of 10 players but sometimes another player with 0 minutes assigned who does not appear on court gets +1 to his stats.

3) I play with real FG%...Calderon has the 3P icon but has gone 4/25 from downtown so far...the last 10 shots were all completely unguarded, wide open...still he missed all of them.

Yeah...this is a legacy issue. :( It would be beyond wonderful to see substitution logic addressed for the November patch, but considering it wasn't touched at all for 2k16 (save for the alterations caused by ACE) I'd say that's doubtful.
joosegoose

Postby Davon6 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:29 am

I'm suddenly getting a bug where the Pre game show won't show but when the game itself starts, some players are invisible. Anyone else experiencing this?
Davon6

Postby PoundedChicken on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:31 am

POST-PATCH

BUG: No icons when trying to select screener

GAME MODE: Any

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Tap screen button while using XBOX ONE controller

nba2k16_2015_11_03_08_24_32_408.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PoundedChicken

Postby Leftos on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:43 am

Davon6 wrote:I'm suddenly getting a bug where the Pre game show won't show but when the game itself starts, some players are invisible. Anyone else experiencing this?

Any antivirus installed by any chance?

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Davon6 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:49 am

Leftos wrote:
Davon6 wrote:I'm suddenly getting a bug where the Pre game show won't show but when the game itself starts, some players are invisible. Anyone else experiencing this?

Just Avast. Could that be the issue?
Davon6

Postby Leftos on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:13 am

Davon6 wrote:
Leftos wrote:

Just Avast. Could that be the issue?

Yeah, can you try following the instructions here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... sktop.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... ts-pc.html

The important parts are to delete your SYNC.bin and whitelist the "local" folder or a parent folder of that in your antivirus. People have reported Avast causing issues for NBA 2K16 that go away once they whitelist their Steam folder, and the invisible players could be a result of Avast detecting a false positive.

EDIT: I would also recommend adding NBA 2K16's folder or executable to the whitelist, located here:
Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2K16

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Cromdar on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:39 am

sweat in 12 min games? when they think of to fix it?
Cromdar

Postby aguifs on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:33 pm

no sweat...
aguifs

Postby Smaug on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:53 am

I just played Myteam game and sound is totally messed up

EDIT: I played college game now and sound is ok..,and also i disabled replays and after basket camera cuts and commentary didn't disappear...So maybe this is potential fix for commentary?
Smaug

Postby RazberyBandit on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:36 am

Nope... I've had camera cuts and after-basket replays disabled since day-1 and I still suffer occasional commentary cut-outs.

Maybe we should be looking at hardware...? If it's as simple as everyone experiencing this using Realtek on-board audio and/or specific driver/codec versions for their Realtek audio chips, then the solution could be a driver/codec update.

My board (ASRock Z87-Extreme4) has a Realtek ALC1150 chip. I could plug-in a discrete HT-OMEGA Striker 7.1 sound card (chip by C-MEDIA) and see if this problem still occurs, but I really haven't got the time for that sort of thing in my life presently. I could also disable the ALC1150 and use the AMD HD Audio in my R9-280X video card, but again, I've got no time to for that.
RazberyBandit

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:19 am

TBM wrote:
mp3 wrote:
TBM wrote:Bug description: Steph Curry's high arching layup is broken.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): Probably all, but PC for me.

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Attempt a layup with Steph Curry. Way too frequently, something like this happens:

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDN6osgOlI

Is it Steph Curry in general or is it all "high arcing" layups by everyone?

That much I don't know. Steph Curry is the only player I use literally every single day, because he's on my MyLeague team.

Noticed the same thing with Curry when I played yesterday.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TBM on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:48 am

Glad I'm not the only one.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:58 am

TBM, Andrew, are you using the shot button or the shot stick? Are you saying that you're trying to do a simple uncontested layup and it ends up missing more than it should? Any information I could pass on would be useful.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:07 am

I believe I used the shot button on that one (I mostly use the button, but I'll also use the stick from time to time). It was on a fast break, after a steal. It's possible that Conley bearing down on Curry to challenge the shot forced it to be a wild attempt, but it did seem to be a really strange, high arc on the layup (which then missed).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:23 am

I was told this is supposed to be a signature Curry layup. It shouldn't be missing that often unless there's good defense.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby TBM on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:38 am

Yeah, the layup itself is perfectly fine as far as the arch goes (might be a bit exaggerated, but whatever). The problem is that it's missing too often. I only use the shoot button to shoot (so X on the 360 controller).
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:41 am

In my case, it definitely could've been the defense. As I said, Conley was bearing down to challenge the shot, so it makes sense.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leander on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Leftos, are player introductions broken? When starting a season they used to be shown...lights going out, players being introduced...that's what I absolutely love. Then I started another season, traded a player...I am 10 games into the season and no single introduction yet. :(

Sometimes the lights go out, center court is shown...normally the introductions should start but I am instantly taken to the screen that shows both teams' starting 5s... :(
Leander

Postby rjms1974 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:10 am

Please Leftos, could you guys take a look at this:

phpBB [video]

Its kind of funny, i know... :D , but is also annoying because it happens a lot...
Many thanks.
rjms1974

Postby RazberyBandit on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:18 am

^ That's funny, and adding the Doublemint commercial audio was perfect. It's nothing new, though.

It's the same bug where you're supposed to see the Strengths & Weaknesses screen of your match-up, but instead it just shows your player standing around.
RazberyBandit

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16