Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 5 (FINAL EDITION)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: ShadyMikeGaming's NBA 2K16 Superstar Sliders *Updated* [Beta Two]

Postby Sleeper12 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:26 am

mp3 wrote:Uploaded them to ps4 under shadymike beta 2 ....

Edit- Straight off the bat I'd say with the increased on ball defence we need to lower user shot blocking as I have noticed right away in a random game of sixers vs spurs and in the first quarter (12 min) I have 7 blocks.

I agree
Sleeper12

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:47 am

I've being working on a roster since I got the game for opening night, I've started making tendency adjustments to play along with these sliders (ps4)

Really seeing improved player movement/shooting/star touches.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby intruda on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:18 am

With the shooting gather/release at 0. So many buzzer beaters with great defense in there face.
intruda

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:44 am

Working on CPU tendencies, seeing some good stuff! Here a CPU controlled D-Rose takes a mid-range jumpshot and Timofey Mozgov inexplicably does this...

phpBB [video]

#Shaqtin
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:28 pm

intruda wrote:With the shooting gather/release at 0. So many buzzer beaters with great defense in there face.

As of right now, SO FAR I'm happy with where it's at, haven't noticed too many contested shots going down...as for the buzzer-beaters MOST of the ones that DO go down are in fact pretty well contested, had one tonight vs my Sixers.

phpBB [video]

That said in my next update the Mid-range success ratings will be adjusted so that may make it a little more enjoyable for you!

EDIT: Just got Dallas to take EIGHT 3's on me in the first quarter!!! Working on the tendencies! Obviously they made too many of them, but trust me when I say I'm working hard to get this set where it needs to be! Updating tendencies this weekend!

ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:36 am

I'm having trouble guarding against drives and cuts to the hoop. I can't move the help side defense to come over and help protect the paint, until it's too late. Is it me or is defense harder to play this year? Also staying in front of people, because if they turn the corner on a screen, you're toast.
Uncle Drew

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:36 am

Uncle Drew wrote:I'm having trouble guarding against drives and cuts to the hoop. I can't move the help side defense to come over and help protect the paint, until it's too late. Is it me or is defense harder to play this year? Also staying in front of people, because if they turn the corner on a screen, you're toast.

I have been struggling in the same area IMO it has been borderline impossible to stay in front of guys, my newest update should fix that.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:33 pm

HUGE update to the set, thanks so much to everyone here at NLSC and everyone over at Operation sports for giving me some great feedback here and on Twitter (@ShadyMikeGaming), the changes that I made are based heavily off of that! Most aspects of gameplay are final, only reason it is still a "Beta" is because I have not released my MyLeague settings as of yet! Official version ONE of my set will be available on Wednesday! So that also gives me a chance to make some last minute tweaks based on the feedback you guys give me from now until then!

phpBB [video]

Changes to the Set are in the OP. A LOT HAS CHANGED! DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING! Start at Simulation and adjust accordingly! Change to Game speed and defense assist strength!
Last edited by ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: ShadyMikeGaming's NBA 2K16 Superstar Sliders ***FINAL BETA***

Postby tomortlieb on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:16 pm

I really like the boost up to 47 game speed. The players move much more naturally than at 45. You can definitely stay in front of players now, but superior players can still beat inferior ones - Damian Lillard took to Isiah Canaan as I would expect.
tomortlieb

Postby jeljays on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:13 am

Hey Mike, trying to download your sliders. It says it's corrupted, not sure if it just me.

jeljays

Postby Sleeper12 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:36 am

Is anyone else seeing alot of wide open layups missed?
Sleeper12

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:59 am

tomortlieb wrote:I really like the boost up to 47 game speed. The players move much more naturally than at 45. You can definitely stay in front of players now, but superior players can still beat inferior ones - Damian Lillard took to Isiah Canaan as I would expect.
Yea great change, reccommended by some of the guys over at Operation sports, that along with the boost to on-ball defense really saved the game for me.

jeljays wrote:Hey Mike, trying to download your sliders. It says it's corrupted, not sure if it just me.

[ Image ]

I re-uploaded them just in case.

Sleeper12 wrote:Is anyone else seeing alot of wide open layups missed?

Yea I think the layup slider may be too low, but then I had some tough finishes at the rim, easy enough fix though, might tweak it before I release the full set Wednesday, but for now just bump the layup slider a few clicks and it should be good definitely looking for some more feedback on this front.

EDIT: Actually after going into open practice mode, Layup slider is WAY too low...going to re-tweak that. I was trying to eliminate some of the overly physical layup animations, looks like I over-did it though...
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:04 am

Sleeper12 wrote:Is anyone else seeing alot of wide open layups missed?

Kaboom* Layup ratings fixed, YT video updated, 2Kshare updated, OP updated with the following:

Layup success should be at 40/40 and
Layup defense strength (release) should be at 25/25
Layup defense strength (gather) should be at 25/25

Foul sliders may need to be addressed in the future but we'll get to that.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:15 am

Hate how for yet another year you can get a perfect slider set and then then you start a myleague and then you have to start over again...
mp3

Postby intruda on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:37 am

Me and the cpu just spent the first 3 minutes throwing the ball out of bounds with person recieving ball 2 feet away. Other than that sliders are decent.
intruda

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:44 am

Inbound passes?

Yeah I get really stupid ones of that.
mp3

Postby fjccommish on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:27 am

I've been using the sliders in CPU v CPU play in Myleague.

For played games (CPU v CPU):

Points per game are high. Shooting %'s high.
fjccommish

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:09 pm

Think we need to work on some myleague gameplay sliders, really enjoyed the way the game felt till I started a season and then in 2 games played the cpu gets far to many off rebounds, doesn't miss a shot while I can't do either but one of the most shocking was the free throws (realplayer%) I am shooting 50% at the line.
mp3

Postby buzzy on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:20 am

I've been using these sliders except I've been turning up the pass accuracy slider to 50 or 49 because I can't stand it. Just a little too much scoring and very little defense. A game between the Pacers and Pistons shouldn't end 139-127.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby fjccommish on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:58 am

I thought the difference for Myleague was for simulated stats.

In CPU v CPU game play with these sliders both in Myleague and Play Now, the game play and stats from the played games are not different between the two modes.
fjccommish

Postby mp3 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:09 pm

fjccommish wrote:I thought the difference for Myleague was for simulated stats.

In CPU v CPU game play with these sliders both in Myleague and Play Now, the game play and stats from the played games are not different between the two modes.

There is definitely a difference in myleague when play against the cpu.

The cpu hardly makes a mistake and was hitting close to 60% in 2 games.

Lost both games by 20+
mp3

Postby Vicerex on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:56 am

mp3 wrote:
fjccommish wrote:I thought the difference for Myleague was for simulated stats.

There is definitely a difference in myleague when play against the cpu.

The cpu hardly makes a mistake and was hitting close to 60% in 2 games.

Lost both games by 20+

Agree, I've been playing a ton of MyLeague and the opposing team no matter who they are out rebounds me by 15+ just about every game, some games I'm lucky to get 1-2 offensive rebounds for my entire team. Also as you mentioned they almost never make a mistake and they rarely miss. I've been playing basketball games every year since 1995 and I'm definitely an above average player and I'm absolutely struggling in MyLeague, some games it feels borderline impossible to win, if you don't play absolutely flawlessly you will lose and by a lot. I've been blown out by 15-25 points numerous times. I actually gave up on my team and quit MyLeague after 40 games into the season, I played against a CPU and they shot 67% by the third quarter and were winning by 25, I quit the game and deleted my team, it was frustrating.

I don't know what all needs to be tweaked, because there are a lot of issues. With last years sliders I could fairly easily win 60+ games with even 76ers, I actually had to bump last years sliders up to Hall of Fame just so I would lose occasionally, but like I said this year it's hard to even stay close in a game; much less win one. I don't know why it's like this in MyLeague, when I play regular games it's challenging but not impossible and I can actually win with moderate effort, but MyLeague is a whole different animal.
Vicerex

Postby dreamagain on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:32 am

Is your official settings still coming out today? thx
dreamagain

Postby Vicerex on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:41 pm

dreamagain wrote:Is your official settings still coming out today? thx

I was wondering that myself, I know there was a large patch just a few days ago (5-6 GB) so I wonder if that changed some things and messed with his testing.
Vicerex

Postby mp3 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:22 pm

The games I played was as if the cpu had bumped itself upto HOF and the cheese came out, the cpu drives to the hole at will and rains 3's for fun plus they got HAM on the glass so before you know it your down by 20 quickly.

I have being making tweaks to the sliders and lowered the game speed to 45.
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16