PC Crash Reports

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: PC Crash Reports

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:07 am

To clarify on this, the main menu teaser has been disabled. You can still watch the episodes and do the interactive by entering 2KTV.

No, not really. My game crashes when I switch to the first episode.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:35 am

dwayne12345 wrote:Time: Wednesday 3:35AM - France timezone
Steam Name: Wild bLu
Crash Cause: MyGM offseason after Team Rebranding. Between the draft lotto and Staff Signing I went to view my roster to see my newly created jerseys. When I click on any player to 'edit' the game crashed. Happened 3 times in a row consistently.

Zip File attached

This is a known issue. Hire a head coach and you should be able to click on players in Front Office without crashing. I have a fix ready for a future patch.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby MilanSt on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:39 am

NEVER MIND :applaud:
Last edited by MilanSt on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MilanSt

Postby iamSamke on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:44 am

MilanSt wrote:Leftos dude, i am really sorry but could you PLEASE be so kind and tell your dev's colleagues that i am going to fuck their moms and sisters and if their dads come to find me i am gonna fuck them as well. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT EMBARRASSED giving us this unfinished piece of shit to play and act like it is a minor issue??? WHERE IS official statement of that ugly motherfucker Ronnie? Or anyone else, my ticket is standing unanswered for 1 week now, are you fucking serious?`??

Calm down
iamSamke

Postby joosegoose on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:08 am

iamSamke wrote:
MilanSt wrote:Leftos dude, i am really sorry but could you PLEASE be so kind and tell your dev's colleagues that i am going to fuck their moms and sisters and if their dads come to find me i am gonna fuck them as well. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT EMBARRASSED giving us this unfinished piece of shit to play and act like it is a minor issue??? WHERE IS official statement of that ugly motherfucker Ronnie? Or anyone else, my ticket is standing unanswered for 1 week now, are you fucking serious?`??

Calm down

There's lots of time to be calm when banned :)
joosegoose

Postby dwayne12345 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:59 am

Leftos wrote:
dwayne12345 wrote:Time: Wednesday 3:35AM - France timezone
Steam Name: Wild bLu
Crash Cause: MyGM offseason after Team Rebranding. Between the draft lotto and Staff Signing I went to view my roster to see my newly created jerseys. When I click on any player to 'edit' the game crashed. Happened 3 times in a row consistently.

Zip File attached

This is a known issue. Hire a head coach and you should be able to click on players in Front Office without crashing. I have a fix ready for a future patch.

Much appreciated. I figured it was something like that. Just wanted to pass it along just in case.
dwayne12345

Postby Will36 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Ever since today's update for PC, my game crashes to desktop at halftime every time in mycareer mode. Never had this issue until they released this update.

Before this update I did get crashes to desktop, but it was always before or after the game, never during the game at halftime.

It happens right after they do the on-court interview, and right before they show the scene where your team is in the locker room.

Steam ID: Will36

This update has rendered this unplayable, since I can't get past halftime.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Will36

Postby MilanSt on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi, thanx for the latest patch it really helped gameplay experience in myteam domination mode, but, RTTP has massive fps drops during the game and stuttering/fps drops during preload of match and in the timeouts, can't make it through the second half, it just goes down to 1fps and i get disconnected out of the game. I am using normal wired connection with 20/5 speed.
MilanSt

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:56 am

Will36 wrote:Ever since today's update for PC, my game crashes to desktop at halftime every time in mycareer mode. Never had this issue until they released this update.

Before this update I did get crashes to desktop, but it was always before or after the game, never during the game at halftime.

It happens right after they do the on-court interview, and right before they show the scene where your team is in the locker room.

Steam ID: Will36

This update has rendered this unplayable, since I can't get past halftime.

Looks like you have an integrated Intel HD Graphics chipset that's being used by default. Any way you could switch the settings so that the game only uses your AMD card and see if the problem persists? I'm not sure how to do that on AMD graphics cards, but any of the answers in this StackExchange thread might help:

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... d-intel-ca

We actively try to avoid using integrated graphics solutions if there's a discreet graphics card, but some laptops motherboards apparently hide the discreet adapter from API calls and make it non-selectable, trying to force the graphics switching between integrated and discreet under load and not give games the option.

I'd be very interested in what brand and model of laptop you have as well, so that we can further investigate internally.

In an answer that might seem cookie-cutter, also please make sure both your AMD and Intel graphics drivers are up-to-date.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby MilanSt on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:11 am

Hey just had this weird crash again, everything was running smoothly and then suddenly it crashed to desktop in myteam historic domination.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MilanSt

Postby Will36 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:43 am

Looks like you have an integrated Intel HD Graphics chipset that's being used by default. Any way you could switch the settings so that the game only uses your AMD card and see if the problem persists? I'm not sure how to do that on AMD graphics cards, but any of the answers in this StackExchange thread might help:

I'd be very interested in what brand and model of laptop you have as well, so that we can further investigate internally.

In an answer that might seem cookie-cutter, also please make sure both your AMD and Intel graphics drivers are up-to-date.

Thanks for the reply. I actually have the exact same laptop as the person in the link you have provided.

Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520

I'll try the things suggested in that link and let you know how I go.

And yes, all my graphics drivers are up-t-date.
Will36

Postby jk31 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 am

Okay, I found a strange crash, that me and other users I know were able to reprodruce consistently.

When one starts a MyLeague Online and oneself or another user selects the first team on the list (standard: 76ers), the game will crash and the user won't join the MyLeague.

Crash happens with every roster. We tried the 2k standard roster, one of my created rosters and a roster created by another user.

What I also did was activate the "customize league" option. I swapped the Sixers with the Pacers, which I know one is able to join with. The Sixers now are listed in the position the pacers are normally in (between nuggets and pistons) and the Pacers are now the first team on the list. When one selects the Sixers, everythings fine, but when one selects the Pacers, game will crash.

I also tried and swapped the Sixers with Alba Berlin from the Euroleague. Crash happens!

Every other team works fine, but as soon as you select the first team on the list, regardless which team you put into that position, the game will crash to the desktop!

=> It's not possible to get 30 members join a MyLeague Online, because of this issue.

I attached my dxdiag.txt and the VideoSettings.cfg. In my appdata 2k16 folder there is no CrashReport.txt.

Steam Name: jk31
Timestamp: around 22:45 GMT+1
jk31

Postby Will36 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm still getting constant crashes at halftime even after trying some of the solutions posted in that thread. I'm even starting to get crashes at different times as well now. If I can get past the halftime crash and finish the game, then guaranteed it will crash before loading the next game after the pre-game show.

I've attached the .rar file for two crashes that just happened to me. The first at halftime, and the second before the game loaded and after the pre-game show.
Will36

Postby MilanSt on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:17 am

another crash myteam domination, sound of ball going through the net went of in first quarter, crash happen in last 20 seconds of the match, last freaking match in historic domination.

Please Leftos, let me know if this unfinished-not tested crap of game you ppl released will be fixed or i should just give up now and save my nerves. THanx.
MilanSt

Postby xerion on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:31 am

Two exhibtions online played, both crashed. One when inbounding the ball in 2nd quarter, the second during same situation in 4th quarter. Can play offline games no problem.
xerion

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 am

UniversalNoob wrote:Okay, I found a strange crash, that me and other users I know were able to reprodruce consistently.

When one starts a MyLeague Online and oneself or another user selects the first team on the list (standard: 76ers), the game will crash and the user won't join the MyLeague.

Crash happens with every roster. We tried the 2k standard roster, one of my created rosters and a roster created by another user.

What I also did was activate the "customize league" option. I swapped the Sixers with the Pacers, which I know one is able to join with. The Sixers now are listed in the position the pacers are normally in (between nuggets and pistons) and the Pacers are now the first team on the list. When one selects the Sixers, everythings fine, but when one selects the Pacers, game will crash.

I also tried and swapped the Sixers with Alba Berlin from the Euroleague. Crash happens!

Every other team works fine, but as soon as you select the first team on the list, regardless which team you put into that position, the game will crash to the desktop!

=> It's not possible to get 30 members join a MyLeague Online, because of this issue.

I attached my dxdiag.txt and the VideoSettings.cfg. In my appdata 2k16 folder there is no CrashReport.txt.

Steam Name: jk31
Timestamp: around 22:45 GMT+1

Yeah, there's an issue with the leftmost menu item in the team select menu of MyLEAGUE Online. If you scroll to the right and select whatever the leftmost team is, you'll still crash. There's a fix pending for a future patch. You pretty much figured out what the issue is and what the workarounds are.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:29 am

xerion wrote:Two exhibtions online played, both crashed. One when inbounding the ball in 2nd quarter, the second during same situation in 4th quarter. Can play offline games no problem.

Can you try 60Hz for your refresh rate and VSync on?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby MilanSt on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:50 am

Another crash, last 20 seconds of match, historic domination
MilanSt

Postby jk31 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am

Leftos wrote:Yeah, there's an issue with the leftmost menu item in the team select menu of MyLEAGUE Online. If you scroll to the right and select whatever the leftmost team is, you'll still crash. There's a fix pending for a future patch. You pretty much figured out what the issue is and what the workarounds are.

Wow, big thumbs up leftos! Never had THIS quick of a response by a member of 2k. Especially not a productive one like that.Sadly there is no way right now to select the 76ers, because you cannot scroll the team list, to get the sixers not as the mostleft team in the list :/ To start our 30 man online league it seems we have to wait for a patch now. But still, thanks for your effort, really appreciate it!

I have another one, hope this is the right thread for it, because it's not a crash to desktop.

Whenever me or my opponents changes their defensive settings or coach settings the game will show an error message soon after leaving the pause menu back into the gameplay. It says "a problem has been encountered that prevents gameplay from continuing. This game will not be counted."

This happened to me in MyLeague Online and in MyTeam mode. In MyTeam mode the game will be counted as a loss for me and contracts will be consumed, even though the error message says the game won't be counted! And sometimes the crash occurs even before tipoff. I now received two 0:0 losses, because my opponents both changed their defensive settings before tipoff.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
jk31

Postby xerion on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:35 am

Leftos wrote:
xerion wrote:Two exhibtions online played, both crashed. One when inbounding the ball in 2nd quarter, the second during same situation in 4th quarter. Can play offline games no problem.

Had to force it, but it crashed during online game again. I notice the GPU usage hits 100 % when it happens

EDIT: I'm sorry Leftos, looks like it was my fault. I told you about the issue in PM. I lowered the GPU core clock and just got through two online games no problem.

Still it would be amazing to get a patch for better performance
xerion

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:24 am

xerion wrote:
Leftos wrote:

Had to force it, but it crashed during online game again. I notice the GPU usage hits 100 % when it happens

EDIT: I'm sorry Leftos, looks like it was my fault. I told you about the issue in PM. I lowered the GPU core clock and just got through two online games no problem.

Still it would be amazing to get a patch for better performance

Another note from one of my fellow engineers that applies to you, and might apply to others here as well:

He has Texture Detail = High, but has only 2 GB of VRAM.
You need at least 3 GB for that.
He needs to use Texture Detail = Medium.

This is the most important setting of all.
Setting Texture Detail to something that does not match the amount of VRAM you have will be a constant source of stuttering and will probably heat up the GPU due to all the texture transfers between VRAM and main memory as they get swapped in and out.

Here is the relevant text from the help file:
TEXTURELOD
Texture resolution detail level control.
Use of high or medium resolution textures may increase load time,
and can cause large stalls when using a setting higher than recommended.
TEXTURELOD=0 - High resolution. Recommended for systems with 3 GB or more of VRAM.
TEXTURELOD=1 - Medium resolution. Recommended for systems with 2 GB or more of VRAM.
TEXTURELOD=2 - Low resolution. Recommended for systems with less than 2 GB of VRAM.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby xerion on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:38 am

Thanks Leftos. I indeed have seen the videoconfig help file. The thing is, I get no FPS boost when I choose medium setting for textures. I knew this comment would come from you or your colleagues. I was able to run 2K15 even on higher quality settings and had smooth experience. Yes I know it's evolving, but I believe something is just wrong with the engine. My only problem now is not stable 60 FPS as it goes as low as 45 during gameplay, no matter the textures setting.
xerion

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:41 am

xerion wrote:Thanks Leftos. I indeed have seen the videoconfig help file. The thing is, I get no FPS boost when I choose medium setting for textures. I knew this comment would come from you or your colleagues. I was able to run 2K15 even on higher quality settings and had smooth experience. Yes I know it's evolving, but I believe something is just wrong with the engine. My only problem now is not stable 60 FPS as it goes as low as 45 during gameplay, no matter the textures setting.

We're still looking into differences between 2K15 and 2K16 with hope of finding more optimizations for a future patch. However, the difference in that setting, even if you don't notice anything different in framerate, might be the difference between pushing your card's memory resources to the point of crashing, or not pushing it that far. We're looking into adding a dialog in-game as well to warn to that effect, as not everyone is expected to read the VideoSettings help file.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Sevda on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:48 am

i have 30 loose like that in my park 2k16 ;)

i think a player crash me if i win but maybe no.... i hope no lol....
Sevda

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 am

For those of you with laptops and VideoSettings.cfg files that mention the integrated Intel graphics at the bottom rather than your AMD graphics card, there has been a beta driver update by AMD 2 days ago (15.10):

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... -beta.aspx

There's a fix that might potentially resolve your issues. I can't really recommend the driver since it's in beta, so that means that if you use it, you use it at your own risk.

If you do decide to use it and your crashes are resolved (or aren't), please let me know so I can pass on the feedback.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16