Official NBA 2K16 Impressions Thread

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Official 2k16 Impressions Thread

Postby dangerzone1 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:33 am

Game is better than 2k15 but still needs lots of improvements needed IMO. Biggest improvments that need to be worked on are the speed, animations and isomotion control. I feel there needs to be more of a speed differential from player to player, i dont really ever feel the speed/explosiveness from a player like westbrook to curry. Although i like the new footplanting, it really makes the game feel sluggish and the players feel like they are moving through water. The animations also need to be less frequent and faster, there are a lot of times which the defense is playing off me butt when i take a shot my player chooses to take an ill advised and slow fade away. Most players in real life are not bothered with the defense in there face let alone a few feet away. With the slow response and slow speed is i find it hard to get any real open jumpshots. My other problem is the isomotion control, the last game that had good control was 2k13. In 2k13 i felt the controls were responsive and quick, not something i can say for 2k14-16. Maybe 2k should bring back full right stick dribble.

Myleague- so far has been the most fun mode for me and has been fairly realistic in stats,simulation and progression.

Overall i think the game has improved but still needs a few improvements to be very good.
dangerzone1

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:16 am

JaoSming wrote:How far into Domination are you? Just beat the Celtics..... its been rough but I just got IT as my first gold player.

Next for me are the Raptors (#19). So far everything 3 stars and I finally learned hot to get enough points to have nice reserve - but I'll still need more to get Warriors and All-Stars.
The first ones were hard for me as I had very poor lineup. My first silver was Birdman and I couldn't master Mike Miller's three pointer :/ After while I got enough MT to buy first VIP pack and got gold Lillard from it - it was immediate difference.

Now my starters are Lillard, DeRozan, Greek Freak (not Leftos), Griffin and Brook Lopez. Sixth man is Derik Favors. DeRozan, Griffin and Favors were from VIP packs (the 10000 MT for 50 cards helped) and Lopez was from Nets' domination player pack.

I've just put up some screenshots. viewtopic.php?f=163&t=99702&p=1815678#p1815678
I was thinking about court like this before you published yours, but wasn't sure whether to go for full court paint or keep hardwood... It convinced me to try the full court paint.

JaoSming wrote:Finally bringing the game home has been great though....put in a 10 hour session yesterday going through the MyCAREER story and starting the endorsement train.

Were you like "Honey I'm home and I got the game I worked on, come and watch me"? :D

JaoSming wrote:Played a couple of Play Now Online games, 2-0 (plus I think 1-1 on PS4) with a +1 for knocking off some guy running a constant full-court press with the Spurs and trying to cheese Kawhi dunks with me as the Celtics.

I tried to play one online game and it ended with error... before the game started even loading.

JaoSming wrote:And setup my arcade MyLEAGUE for when I just want to blow off some steam and for whatever reason don't want Blacktop.

I tried 3v3 Blacktop. It was pretty good, definitely better that 1v1.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Re: Official NBA 2K16 Impressions Thread

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Dommy73 wrote:Were you like "Honey I'm home and I got the game I worked on, come and watch me"?

eh, she had a paper to do, so we just did a movie day for our daughters when they weren't napping. Not parent of the year material, but, priorities :)

Dommy73 wrote:I tried to play one online game and it ended with error... before the game started even loading.

Actually I ran into that as well. Immediately went back in, got matched up with the same guy (the Spurs one) and we played through no issue.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby senhorxxx on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:22 pm

dangerzone1 wrote:Game is better than 2k15 but still needs lots of improvements needed IMO. Biggest improvments that need to be worked on are the speed, animations and isomotion control. I feel there needs to be more of a speed differential from player to player, i dont really ever feel the speed/explosiveness from a player like westbrook to curry. Although i like the new footplanting, it really makes the game feel sluggish and the players feel like they are moving through water. The animations also need to be less frequent and faster, there are a lot of times which the defense is playing off me butt when i take a shot my player chooses to take an ill advised and slow fade away. Most players in real life are not bothered with the defense in there face let alone a few feet away. With the slow response and slow speed is i find it hard to get any real open jumpshots. My other problem is the isomotion control, the last game that had good control was 2k13. In 2k13 i felt the controls were responsive and quick, not something i can say for 2k14-16. Maybe 2k should bring back full right stick dribble.

Myleague- so far has been the most fun mode for me and has been fairly realistic in stats,simulation and progression.

Overall i think the game has improved but still needs a few improvements to be very good.

Playing the PC version or Play 4 version (NBA 2K16) ??
senhorxxx

Postby RazberyBandit on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Jao, is that confirmation? =)
RazberyBandit

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:19 pm

RazberyBandit wrote:Jao, is that confirmation? =)

of?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:45 am

xD What? ^^^^
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby MJALLDAY on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:46 am

Michael Jordan still looks like shit. NO SALE. I'm sitting this year out. I'm losing faith in 2K. I haven't missed a 2K game since 2k11 but 2k15 was a huge let down.
MJALLDAY

Postby rale93lfc on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:39 am

Now, when i played 2k16, 2k15 was a lot better... This game could be fantastic just if they would fix some things.
rale93lfc

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:31 am

Well, just destroyed my Heat, Bulls and Pacers in Domination. Turns out it gets easier :)
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Sauru on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 pm

what in the fuck did they do with my career? who thought this was a good idea?
Sauru

Postby mortiis on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:31 pm

how can i edit players?
and how can i transfer them from one team to another?
until now it was really easy but now i don't see that option hmmm
mortiis

Postby thor16 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:34 am

I miss my $50.

NastyGT wrote:CONS: ...exept ONE ENORMOUSLY HUGE MISTAKE - lack of keyboard mapping. For someone who hate gamepads and play everything on keyboard this is dealbreaking enough to think about refund.

Church.
thor16

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Seems to me reading this thread and the one at OS is that 99% of gripes are coming from PC users which I get as not everyone's set ups are the same.

Picking up my ps4 copy in a few hours after nearly 4 weeks of working away, I wife will be soooo happy I come home with 2k lol
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby senhorxxx on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:45 pm

mp3 wrote:Seems to me reading this thread and the one at OS is that 99% of gripes are coming from PC users which I get as not everyone's set ups are the same.

Picking up my ps4 copy in a few hours after nearly 4 weeks of working away, I wife will be soooo happy I come home with 2k lol

Nba 2k16 PS4 version also has several bugs, champion.
senhorxxx

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Of course it does! But what I was taking about was game crashing, no sound, keyboard issues, controller issues etc etc

Edit - After fighting through 3 hours of traffic to get to the store to find 2k16 sold out I have to walk across town (10 mins lol) I finally get home and because I haven't used my ps4 in a month BAMMMM I get hit with a friggin 30 min software update!

But I still have the game now I guess....

Double Edit ....

Just got passed the ps4 system update and pressed on nba 2k16.... to find a 2.2G update LOL
mp3

Postby nylia on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:34 am

Sauru wrote:what in the fuck did they do with my career? who thought this was a good idea?

Apparently 2Ksports and Spike Lee :bowdown:
Stu Jackass needs to get shot
nylia

Postby mp3 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:37 am

After waiting for 3 hours for my update to download I have gotten a couple of hours just playing quick games vs the cpu and I know some people are calling 2k16 "nba 2k15 2.0" which I totally get but if it's not broken why fix it?

I like the updates they have made, I love the play calling options and player movement, even if a play breaks down you can do a hand the ball off to create space instead of just going one on one.

For some reason I have used the Lakers a lot so far and really enjoyed kobe playing like (old) kobe out there. Even if it misses the play looks so really and I love the way the play comes together, ain't no players standing around in 2k!
mp3

Postby nextnba on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:15 pm

I only tested it for a few hours and was mostly adjusting video setting and testing game play. 3 major improvements for me. 1) Defense; in 15, cpu didn't play much on ball defense. U shoot a lot of 3's because cpu mostly guard behind the 3point line. In 16, onball is much better. I was playing the rockets and P. Beverley actually guarded me at half court and I was struggling to drive pass him! Also in 15, sometimes cpu will just slide all over the place on defense for no reasons. This was fixed! It's also much harder to score. Blocking has increased and shooting % has decrease drastically. 2) Speed, quickness, lateral was broken in 15 but it's fixed in 16. In 15, lateral quickness was based on a player's "defensive help" rating. so "C", like R. Hibbert and M. Gasol, who had high "defensive help" rating were really fast on defense, even quicker than guards. In 16, they added a separate rating for lateral quickness so this allows "C" to still have low lateral quickness but high help defense thus leading to "C" moving much slower than guards. 3) in 15, slider was pretty much broken. U can change slider and it seems to work but when you later load up the game, it didn't work anymore. I played on 50 speed and thought it was too fast so I changed speed and quickness to 40 and it seem to slow down and then it stopped working so I had to keep decreasing it 35, then to 30. Some people even play it on min speed and quickness in 15 because slider was pretty much broken. It seems to be working in 16 but I haven't play the game long enough to know if it it will glitch back and do nothing.

The Cons: Same cheerleaders and their uniform got uglier. In 15, the cheerleader's uniform were much hotter. The presentation and music is a downgrade. The game introduction is not as nice as 15 and the music and sound seemed to have been really reduced. I guess this is their attempt to improve commentary as it was hard to hear commentary in 15. Game play is very choppy. The animation doesn't appear smooth like in 15 and it's so choppy. The graphic also appears to worse than 15. The players appear fatter and they look like they have no neck.

The improvements will make it feel more like a real basketball game and that's what we all having been asking for so thus far, I'm happy with 16.
nextnba

Postby PoundedChicken on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Sauru wrote:what in the fuck did they do with my career? who thought this was a good idea?

(Y)

They lost me at "Frequency Vibrations"... I mean ?! just wtf? Who approved that?
PoundedChicken

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:03 pm

BTW, Leftos plays for one of the high schools.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:22 pm

all of the devs do.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby mp3 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:48 pm

The devs schooling you.... In school...
mp3

Postby fjccommish on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:09 am

"Edit - After fighting through 3 hours of traffic to get to the store to find 2k16 sold out I have to walk across town (10 mins lol) I finally get home and because I haven't used my ps4 in a month BAMMMM I get hit with a friggin 30 min software update!"

Next time start up the PS4 before you leave. Then the updates will be complete when you return to play the new game.

Spike Lee thought his joint was so good, that he started it with 5 minutes of him telling everyone how good it is.
fjccommish

Postby mp3 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:51 am

Iam a roofer and have being working away for just over 3 weeks mate so my ps4 hadn't being touched for a month, but yeah next year I will just leave it on lol I'd rather do that then sit there waiting but I did get some house work done which has ment I got about 5 hours in today working on sliders and rosters.
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16