PC Crash Reports

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

PC Crash Reports

Postby Leftos on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:04 am

If and when you encounter a crash, can you please reply to this thread with your DxDiag.txt, VideoSettings.cfg and CrashReport.txt files?

You can get a DxDiag.txt by running dxdiag (just press the Windows key or click on the start menu and type in dxdiag and run it) and then click on "Save All Information..."
You can get your VideoSettings.cfg and CrashReport.txt by opening Explorer and going to %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16.

It would also help to mention your Steam username and timestamp (including your location or exact timezone) of the crash, as well as what you were doing to lead up to the crash.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: PC Crash Reports

Postby Slim5050 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:14 am

Game crashed once for me so far, and that happened when i attempted to use a ProAM Walk On from the main menu. Happened around 9:30 PM UTC+01:00 . Steam Username : baldy0123
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slim5050

Postby pinoy21 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:47 am

I also encounter game crashed once around 9:13pm. my location saudi arabia

i already give you before may dxdiag and videosetting on stutter thread..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pinoy21

Postby Leftos on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:52 am

pinoy21 wrote:I also encounter game crashed once around 9:13pm. my location saudi arabia

i already give you before may dxdiag and videosetting on stutter thread..

Yours is a driver crash. Can you give me some more information as to what you were doing when this happened, and whether you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby pinoy21 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:09 am

well only open that time is steam and NBA 2K16 and i have the latest driver 355.98
pinoy21

Postby Leftos on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:26 am

pinoy21 wrote:well only open that time is steam and NBA 2K16 and i have the latest driver 355.98

I meant what were you doing in the game when it crashed?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby pinoy21 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:06 am

Leftos wrote:
pinoy21 wrote:well only open that time is steam and NBA 2K16 and i have the latest driver 355.98

I meant what were you doing in the game when it crashed?

I was in a middle of the game in "myLeague"
pinoy21

Postby Hadley88 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:54 am

I got a CTD in MyPark, but no CrashReport.txt.

In general the game sometimes locks up if you tab out, then you can't get back into the Game and have to kill the .exe in the Task-Manager. Very annoying, especially since the I always move to my 2nd screen while waiting for a Game, but that minimizes the Game, even though I'm in Borderless Windowed Mode and sometimes I can't tab back into the Game, then. :|
Hadley88

Postby dbzx on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:15 pm

My game froze while exiting out of myplayer edit screen twice under the option/features menu. I'm not sure if this is caused by SweetFx but I will try it again without SweetFx. Attach is my Video.cfg settings and my dxdiag.

Update:
The game will only freeze if you choose "abort changes and return" when you are in the myplayer edit screen.
dbzx

Postby kobebryant24 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello Leftos, the problem I have, I don't consider it with the word "crash", but it's a CRASH for me, beacause I'cant play this game. The reason for that is that all my life I have played games on the PC with KEYBOARD, and I can't play, because I can't change the buttons. PLEASE MAN I LOVE NBA 2K so much, I have waited for it for so long, and now I CANT PLAY IT ?!?!?! BECAUSE I CANT CHANGE the BUTTONS.
Is 2k going to do something about this HUGE problem, because I have seen so many people talking about it...... FOR US this game is not useful and pure waste of money, if we can't play it with keyboard :( :( :(.
PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE KEYBOARD PROBLEM..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
To be THE BEST...... you have to be THE BEST !
kobebryant24

Postby blodklat on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:02 am

My post isn't exactly about game crashing but since Leftos is here i would like to say something. I understand that pad is must have for this game, but also only specific pads are supported. And i didn't spend my money on pre order only to spend more money on new pad. And for keyboard- i'm playing 2k since 2k9 on keyboard and i can't understand hom PC game is unplayable on keyboard (even if keyboard/mouse option is hidden in controller setup).Probably i won't be getting a refund from my store (I'll try) , and i will have to wait for patch (will it happen?) , but i must say this - 2k16 was the last game i bought from 2k. Yeah, i'm frustrated , maybe even childish, but last year servers, this year this. I feel cheated.
blodklat

Postby Slim5050 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:10 am

I hope 2k will also adress : MyTEAM Cheat Engine Quitters, MyPark Body Modifiers/Hackers, and other important things. And most likely should reset the servers since thanks to the VC glitch, everybody has millions of VC and has the best lineups in myteam, etc. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but you're the only one from 2k who seem to care about the giant pile of issues pc gamers have with 2k16.
Slim5050

Postby carcheever on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:14 am

Hi Leftos

I was able to enter to myteam, but after a crash on this mode the games is crashes when i selected any option in the menu

Steam ID: danielhlucchini

Thanks

CrashReport.rar
carcheever

Postby rastaman_z on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Game crashes in my player mode everytime
rastaman_z

Postby eko718 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:33 am

My game crashed twice when I was watching NBA2KTV within MyCourt. When I pressed 'Next' to return to the scene it crashed on previously, it crashed again. Time, appx 11:26 AM Eastern. Reports attached.
Donations are welcome and appreciated || Cash App me at $eko718 ||

Or through Paypal @ https://paypal.me/eko718?locale.x=en_US
eko718

Postby eko718 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:25 am

Game randomly crashed again it the third quarter of an exhibition. I blocked a shot out of bounds, the game stuttered and crashed to Windows. This is the second random crash during an exhibition game.
Donations are welcome and appreciated || Cash App me at $eko718 ||

Or through Paypal @ https://paypal.me/eko718?locale.x=en_US
eko718

Postby PoundedChicken on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Hey mate,

Just had some issues getting Steam to load. It said to couldn't connect to Steam Server. Eventually got it working.

Loaded the game from the Steam Library, started to show the intro video (which I personally am not a fan of). Once the saving icon down the bottom-right finished doing its thing, the whole game just closed. No error messages. No keys or buttons pressed by me.

Crash Report 1512 28092015 PoundedChicken.zip

Cheers
PoundedChicken

Postby Nick on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:28 pm

My game has started crashing to desktop from the main menu for some reason. It wasn't doing it when i first started playing it on Friday night (Melbourne time)

I've loaded the game 7 or so times tonight. 6 of the times it crashed. One time (i think it was the 3rd time) it didn't, i instantly hit play now and it seemed to stay stable. The other times, it would happen when i scroll down and hit Options. One other time, i didn't even do anything, i just waited like 15-20 seconds and it crashed by itself.

I tried loading the game via desktop icon, and i tried loading the game via Steam 'Play' button. Same problem both times.

Steam username is Barncore. The time it happened was about 6pm Melbourne time.

Thanks!
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby faizdtk on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:58 am

Crash when try to access mycareer attribute upgrade menu.
faizdtk

Postby Leftos on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:21 am

PoundedChicken wrote:Hey mate,

Just had some issues getting Steam to load. It said to couldn't connect to Steam Server. Eventually got it working.

Loaded the game from the Steam Library, started to show the intro video (which I personally am not a fan of). Once the saving icon down the bottom-right finished doing its thing, the whole game just closed. No error messages. No keys or buttons pressed by me.

Crash Report 1512 28092015 PoundedChicken.zip

Cheers

Looks like the RivaTuner Statistics Server is the issue in your case. If you disable/uninstall that and the problem persists, send me another crash dump.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby miketheslummy83 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:52 am

Crash here!

Sometimes it crashes before to start My career game. Sometimes it crashes at the main menù if I try to press any button for whatever option in the main menu.
No error messages. Just crash to desktop.

I'm from Italy. I had those crashes till the first day I ran the game. I was just able to play a couple of games.
miketheslummy83

Postby Leftos on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:20 am

Most of the crashes reported by the rest of you that I haven't replied to individually appear to have stemmed by a video player issue. The 2KTV episode has been disabled temporarily while we investigate. Let me know if you're still experiencing crashes, and if so, please send me the latest crash report.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby aguifs on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:45 am

I was usually experiencing some random crashes when entering the options menu... Since 2ktv was deactivated, It seems the CTDs are gone.
aguifs

Postby intruda on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Got one crash while opening 2k. Got to the intro and crashed.

Middle of game Heat user vs OKC cpu mid 2nd quarter and crash.

No crash file unless I need to enable or something.
intruda

Postby miketheslummy83 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Leftos wrote:Most of the crashes reported by the rest of you that I haven't replied to individually appear to have stemmed by a video player issue. The 2KTV episode has been disabled temporarily while we investigate. Let me know if you're still experiencing crashes, and if so, please send me the latest crash report.

After 2ktv was disabled seems working for me
miketheslummy83

Next

Return to NBA 2K16