90's Redemption: 1990/91 - ATL, CHI, SA all sign free agents

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

90's Redemption: 1990/91 - ATL, CHI, SA all sign free agents

Postby Pistol on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:06 pm

So I had an idea for a short 6 part story. I figured this would pass the time until 2K16 comes out and more people vote on the storyline of my 2K16 Association. I wanted to go back in history and take claim to Michael Jordan's Legacy. I am going to commit basketball treason and see if I can possibly dismantle the legacy that Michael Jordan created. I am going to replay each of his championship seasons, but with two teams from each conference. Each of these teams will attempt to prevent Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls from re-living their glory days. I want to spread the glory of 90's basketball and try and get some other players some rings.

Each season will start with that seasons roster, this will not be a continuation in to each year. Each year will re-start the actual season and the rosters from real life. During each season, I plan to make transactions that will help make whichever teams I control better, but those transactions will not carry over each season. This is due to the inability to play multiple seasons with the rosters I am using.

Here are the rules for picking my teams for each season:
:arrow: I may only pick an organization one time. ie: If I use the Super Sonics from the 1990-1991 season, I may not play with them during any other season.
:arrow: I cannot pick teams that the Chicago Bulls defeated in that year's post season. ie: The Bulls defeated the Phoenix Suns in the 1993 NBA Finals, I cannot use the Suns during the 1992-1993 NBA Replay
:arrow: I will choose one Eastern Conference Team and one Western Conference team for each season.
:arrow: I will attempt to play with big star names only once. ie: I will only choose one team Charles Barkley played for even though he played for different organizations during the Bulls championship seasons

Game: NBA 2K14
Mod: Ultimate Base Roster V39.1
Last edited by Pistol on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Re: Re-Writing History and claiming MJ's 6 Rings

Postby Pistol on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Unusable Teams for Each Season
1990-1991: New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers, Detroit Pistons, Los Angeles Lakers
1991-1992: Miami Heat, New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Portland Trail Blazers
1992-1993: Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Phoenix Suns
1995-1996: Miami Heat, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Seattle SuperSonics
1996-1997: Washington Bullets, Atlanta Hawks, Miami Heat, Utah Jazz
1997-1998: New Jersey Nets, Charlotte Hornets, Indiana Pacers, Utah Jazz
Pistol

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:40 am

I'd like to see you use the Hawks when you can.
Solaris Phase Two

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:53 am

should be fun
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pistol on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Solaris Phase Two, I plan on using them in the early 90s when Dominique still made a difference on the court.

TGsoGood, Should be, really just need to make sure that it's not too easy and hopefully the 2K Sim engine get the Bulls where they need to be in the playoffs.
Pistol

Must See Stars

Postby Pistol on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:37 pm

There were more than a few NBA Superstars during the 1990s. Michael Jordan's presence alone kept many of the NBA's best players from gaining championship glory. The 1990s witnessed the tail end of great careers such as Dominique Wilkins and Magic Johnson. This decade also contained the career births of future cornerstones Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan. Then there were the players who played the best years of the careers during the 1990s. Many of those stars are what I'm considering our must see stars during this road to redemption for the Jordan dominated NBA.

:idea: Charles Barkley
Sir Charles led the Phoenix Suns to new heights during the 1992-1993 NBA season. They were successful in winning the Western Conference Title, but they were the third victim to fall to Michael Jordan's Bulls in the NBA Finals. Barkley played the part of three peat in MJ's legacy. Obviously, this Phoenix Suns team is excluded from contention in our redemption story. Some possible teams that could be featured are the 1992-1993 Philadelphia 76ers. Here Barkley had freakishly tall Manute Bol in a supporting role. This wasn't a strong team, but it's an eligible year. Then there is always the 1996-1997 Houston Rockets, where Barkley and Clyde Drexler teamed up with Hakeem Olajuwon to create an elderly Big 3.

:idea: Clyde Drexler
During the 1992 NBA Finals, the Portland Trailblazers fell to the Chicago Bulls. This was a heat breaking defeat for Portland fans after watching their team steam roll through the Lakers, Suns, and Jazz on their way to the NBA Finals. With the help of Terry Porter and Jerome Kersey, Drexler and the Trailblazers won the Pacific Division during this season. They were able to do this in the previous season as well, but failed to reach the NBA Finals. Which means that the 1990-1991 Trailblazers are available for use here. There is also the 1996-1997 Houston Rockets that we have referred to already.

:idea: Patrick Ewing
The New York Knicks and Mr. Ewing were the most reoccurring victims of the Chicago Bulls constant post-season bullying. During four of the Bulls championship runs, they eliminated the Knicks in the process. This wouldn't feel right without The Knicks in this redemption story. That being said, only two seasons are available and the 1997-1998 team isn't anything to brag about. That being said, I will be featuring the 1996-1997 New York Knicks.

:idea: Reggie Miller
It feels proper to introduce Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers within the same breath of the New York Knicks. Reggie Miller had amazing shooting touch, but was not graced with the athleticism of his shooting guard counterpart, Michael Jordan. The tough nosed Reggie Miller will undoubtedly have a shot at redemption during this story. Reggie Miller's long distance shot will be perfect for the 2K basketball world.

:idea: Hakeem Olajuwon
The Houston Rockets are the one team that was able to win a couple NBA championships during the 1990s. Of course they came while Michael Jordan attempted to play baseball, causing some fans to add an asterisk next to those championships. The Rockets never had the privilege of facing Michael Jordan in the NBA Finals. There are many seasons to choose from. Do I go with the 1992-1993 Rockets who most resemble the championship Rockets or the elderly Big 3 of Olajuwon, Barkley, and Drexler?

:idea: David Robinson
The Admiral put up some fantastic years during the 1990s. Is it possible that during this story he can help start a championship legacy well before Tim Duncan's arrival? Or maybe David Robinson and Tim Duncan want a shot during Duncan's rookie campaign in 1997-1998? When it comes to defeating a powerhouse like the Bulls, a team with the current San Antonio mentality is needed. Maybe I can bring that mentality back in time to help aid the David Robinson Spurs.

:idea: Gary Payton & Shawn Kemp
This was one of the most entertaining teams in the NBA during the 1990s. Even though these two got a shot at Chicago already, I plan on playing with this duo once more. This team is too exciting to pass up playing with. Maybe Payton, Kemp, and Coach George Karl can all achieve redemption during this story. At the very least, they should provide plenty of highlights.

:idea: Karl Malone & John Stockton
They already had their shot. They even had two chances at defeating the Bulls. They were one of the toughest opponents for the Bulls during their championship span. I have said all the same things to myself. I will go with an early 90s Utah Jazz team to hopefully shake it up enough to reach success. It's a travesty that Karl Malone and John Stockton retired without any rings. They will have that chance again and at the very least... they should provide us with a thrilling series.
Pistol

First Look at the Teams

Postby Pistol on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:25 am

:!: This is the initial team outlook. This is not finalized. I'm interested in everyone's opinions on the teams. I'm open to changing them up or trying some different combinations. I came to these results by trying to only play with a star player once and an organization once. I want to be able to have a variety of teams out there. Most of these teams explore very interesting matchups in a seven game series with the Chicago Bulls.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pistol

1990-1991 Pre-Season Free Agent Signings

Postby Pistol on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 am

With the 1990-1991 Season about to be underway, our three teams all added some depth to their rosters. The Chicago Bulls are looking to win their first NBA Championship to start of the 90s Dynasty. Meanwhile, the Atlanta Hawks and San Antonio Spurs hope to prevent this dynasty from ever starting. Each team went and found one player to add to their team to help with the chase for NBA Championship Gold.

Atlanta Hawks - C - Mel Turpin
With Moses Malone starting for the Atlanta Hawks, they felt the need to add some depth behind the aging star. Malone is in the latter part of his years and stamina is not on his side. Turpin provides them with strength in the frontcourt and prevent them from having to slide Kevin Willis down to the 5 spot at any time during the game. Malone will be backed up by both Tuprin and Jon Kancock. Turpin should receive the bulk of the Atlanta frontcourt bench minutes.

Chicago Bulls - SF - Adrian Dantley
The Chicago Bulls have great depth to their already elite team. A solid backup point guard in B.J. Armstrong and a couple bodies to fill up the frontcourt with Will Perdue and Stacey King. Even though this team's two cornerstone players are out on the wings, they still need to be able to take a break from the action as well. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen will need to get a breather every now and then and the seasoned Adrian Dantley will be able to provide scoring off the bench. In limited minutes, the aging Dantley could end up being a big spark off the bench for this already scary Chicago team.

San Antonio Spurs - PG - Andre Turner
This move is purely out of necessity for the San Antonio Spurs. With young point guard Rod Strickland having no backups on the opening day roster, the front office looked to gain help in the backcourt. Even though Andre Turner is under six feet tall, he plays with great tenacity and the coaching duo of Larry Brown and his assistant Greg Popovich should be able to get the most out of him. The Spurs are already stocked deep in the front court, this will fill in the backcourt as the San Antonio Spurs look to compete with the Portland Trail Blazers for the Western Conference.

Pistol

Re: 90's Redemption: 1990/91 - ATL, CHI, SA all sign free agents

Postby Pistol on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Okay, so I'm going to be doing Trimester Reports. That way I can get through all six of these seasons. I'm having a fun time playing right now. Just finished the first trimester of the 1990-1991 Season. Some exciting news on both teams and injuries that have had big effects. I will give some quality in depth trimester reports, but we all know that the playoffs will be the exciting part. That's when we will conduct game by game wrap ups.

The Hawks are looking very good, Dominique Wilkins is finishing at the rim easily and consistently. The Spurs have a load of potential and with a big move made, they could surprise some people.

The Trimester Reports will come in 9 Parts.

Part 1: League Headlines, Significant Injury Reports
Part 2: Transactions, Player Movement
Part 3: League Wide Standings, stand out team summaries
Part 4: Western Conference Team Update
Part 5: Eastern Conference Team Update
Part 6: Chicago Bulls Team Update
Part 7: League Leaders - Team and Player Stats ... Stand Out Players, Disappointing players, and surprise players
Part 8: Award Races
Part 9: Playoff Picture

ALSO: I'm thinking about letting the readers of this story vote on decisions for the Bulls team. Like possible transactions or signings, even rotational advice. Let me know what you think.

Stay Tuned!
Pistol

Re: 90's Redemption: 1990/91 - ATL, CHI, SA all sign free agents

Postby megarover on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:08 am

I look forward to seeing how the Hawks and Spurs have done early in the season.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood