Makeshift Ultimate Team Idea

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Makeshift Ultimate Team Idea

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:58 pm

(Posting this in the NBA Live 2005, NBA Live 06, NBA Live 07, and NBA Live 08 sections, to see what kind of interest there might be in it.)

It seems a few people might still be interested in working on updates, so I thought I'd throw an idea out there for NBA Live 2005-08: basically, makeshift Ultimate Team challenges.

For those who are unaware, in Ultimate Team, you collect cards of different players, and build your own ultimate team. New challenges are always being pushed through, throughout the season. Teams made up of Draft Classes, the All-NBA teams, or according to a certain theme...if you've played Ultimate Team in one of the recent NBA Live games, or in FIFA/NHL/Madden, or MyTEAM in NBA 2K, you're no doubt familiar with the concept.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to replicate via custom rosters for NBA Live 2005-08 PC. It would certainly be easy enough to put teams together and make use of the art assets already in place. Fantasy Challenge teams in Ultimate Team usually utilise jerseys and logos that are in some way relevant to the theme, so it would just be a matter of making sure any required art files are included, and using the appropriate abbreviations in the database as needed.

Booster "cards" could be used as players have noteworthy performances...essentially, batch files that would automatically adjust ratings. Building teams in the first place could also be an interesting exercise, though it would probably take some self-control and regulation. I haven't fully figured out how that might work, everyone creating their own Ultimate Team, but it's doable. At the very least, putting together some interesting teams to take on is certainly feasible.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there as an idea to spice up the last few PC releases of NBA Live, for those still playing them. It's an idea that could probably be developed, if anyone's interested.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Makeshift Ultimate Team Idea

Postby Emor on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:49 am

I'm not familiar with the concept, but seems certainly interesting & fun to play ^^

personally i'm looking forward for any updates & new ideas for live 2005 at this point :D
Emor

Return to NBA Live 2005