Several NBA 2K14 Downloads Removed; Reminder About Our Upload Facilities

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Several NBA 2K14 Downloads Removed; Reminder About Our Upload Facilities

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Please be advised that I've unfortunately had to remove around 40 files from the NBA 2K14 section of our Downloads database, that were added by NBAModder. There's no controversial reason for this, just an unfortunate one: NBAModder is no longer around, nor is his website, where he was hosting his work. As such, all that was left were the dead links, which were recently pointed out to me via the "Report Broken Download" function.

As these files are no longer available and the author is no longer around to provide them, it's left me with little choice but to remove those entries from our Downloads database. This is a situation we'd like to avoid as much as possible, and it's why we encourage people to make use of the upload facilities provided in our Downloads section. While we do have a 100 MB upload limit, we can make special arrangements for larger files if you contact us. If you do wish to use external hosting for whatever reason, please ensure that you're uploading your work to a place where it can be preserved, and is unlikely to disappear within a year or so of its release.

If you're not sure how the upload facilities in our Downloads section work, please check out this video tutorial:

phpBB [video]

Any further questions, please feel free to get in touch with me so that I can help you out, especially if you do have a larger file you want to share. One final word on problematic files in our Downloads section: if you do come across a file that isn't what it's advertised to be, or cannot be downloaded, please report it using the "Report Broken Download" function, located towards the bottom of the file page. Please don't use that function if you're having trouble getting a file to work in your game, or simply because you don't like it. We also get some reports about files that are definitely available to download, so please make absolute sure the issue isn't at your end.

As always, a huge thanks to our community of patchers who contribute their work to our database! Remember, whether it's NBA Live, NBA 2K, or another basketball game, whether it's PC or console, we welcome your mods! Want to start contributing? Be sure to check out that video above, register an account in the Forum, and start adding your work to the Downloads section!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard