Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Lamrock wrote:PS4 :/ I'm going with Medium-Easy though. Knowing myself, I'd probably shelve the game halfway through like I did with Bloodborne.

Pffft. Casul! I've actually been clearing chalice dungeons as of late, because I'm looking for a particular weapon - but I have to farm ritual materials for it, but the defiled chalice halves my HP whilst I'm inside - so it is very difficult.
Cpt(K)

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Finished the main mode/challenge/career of Driveclub. Definitely grabbing the DLC season pass, but waiting to see if it gets discounted if they announce a season 2 pass.

Also 100%ed Peggle 2, again, this time on Xbone and with all the DLC. I 100%ed it on 360, offline, when I moved out here.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby el badman on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:47 am

In the middle of a second playthrough in The Witcher 3, but I figured I should pace myself until the two huge DLCs are released for it at the end of the year and next year, so I just purchased Dying Light on sale on Steam right now.
Also just finished Ep. 5 of Game Of Thrones, and waiting for Ep. 4 of Life Is Strange this week.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lamrock on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:05 pm

It's gonna be a big fall for gaming, so I'm finishing up my leftovers. Just repeated as champs with the Seahawks with M15 and it's time to shelve that one for good (both years I won the SB and SBMVP was won by members of the opposing team's secondary... thanks Wilson). Now I have to finish The Witcher 3 (in the Isle of Mists), Infamous: Second Son and MGS Ground Zeroes.
Lamrock

Postby Maverick on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:17 pm

LEGO Jurassic World and LEGO Worlds :lol:

I don't get why people enjoy Minecraft, though I like LEGO Worlds :headbang:

Yes, The Witcher III. I'll never play another game (on PC atleast) until 2K16 is out.
Maverick
for Life

Postby Lamrock on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:15 am

After seeing the positive reviews and enjoying 15 a lot, I caved to the hype and bought Madden 16 today. Was kind of cool going to Gamestop and buying a game everybody else was getting. After the 20 minutes it took to set it up, I was able to play for about 4 hours. Impressions (all-pro, default sliders):

Pros:
- Graphics are yes.
- Pass rush is no longer OP
- Running the ball is a lot harder
- Penalties happen enough to remind you they exist, but not as often as in real life because that would suck
- Don't much care for the soundtrack, but it's much better than the generic menu music from last year
- Ratings matter - as Seattle, my starting defense was absolutely dominant, but my reserves gave up a lot of points and the O-Line got destroyed
- New catch functions add depth to passing game and make it possible to throw down the field, but aren't cheap

Cons:
- It's already frozen a couple times in the menus - hopefully that's patched
- CFM isn't really improved at all - redesigned menu but the new features add little
- Cam Newton is rated higher than Russell Wilson :(
Lamrock

Postby Chicago1 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:56 pm

I really wanted to play baseball, and because its not a really popular sport in England so i grabbed MLB 2K12, much to my frustration its freezing everytime unless you change the date to 2012 :crazyeyes:

Played World of Warships, World of Tanks, GTA V and COD AW as well right now while waiting for 2k16
Who dares wins
Chicago1

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Mad Max is fuuuuuuuun :twisted:

Although, I couldn't sign into my WBplay account since my (now old) password had an R in it. Even though I was in the text field to type in my password, the R would automatically send a reset password request from the account login popup. :facepalm2:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:01 pm

After a dry spell after getting Battlefield Hardline, there's actually quite a few games coming up through the end of the year that I'm looking forward to playing: Fifa & Live 16, BattleField Hardline Robbery DLC (I never buy DLc, but this looks interesting), Yakuza 5 (finally after 3 years), Hitman (hopefully it's not a piece of shit like the last one), and next year Street Fighter V which the beta has been active for.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:26 pm

I have returned to GTA: Online as Rockstar finally did something about all the cheaters and script kiddies.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 pm

After 3 years, I'm still playing 2k14 even though I can pretty much play almost every game on high settings. :cool:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:52 am

Kevin wrote:After 3 years, I'm still playing 2k14 even though I can pretty much play almost every game on high settings. :cool:

I'm still playing 2k11 regularly on PC, and occasionally PS3 (my console saves are my legitimate ones). I'm half interested in learning how to update cyber faces though.

Starhawk is one of the most underrated PS3 exclusives I've ever played, and it is still fun. I prefer co-op mode online, but there isn't much traffic anymore. Cooperative play online still attracts players, and I've mastered the game's hardest difficulty (mercenary). I played a while last night, and into this morning, and jumped 3 or 4 levels.

I even went back to dark souls 1 on PS3, and with a mule build I entered into some good ole pvp in the forest.
Cpt(K)

Postby Lamrock on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:22 am

I need to finish The Witcher 3 and Infamous: Second Son. Soooo close yet I just don't have the motivation.

What I'm actually playing: Madden 16. I still like it - it's not perfect, nor is it that different from M15, but I'm obsessed with football right now so it was worth picking up. In my Franchise, I lost Russ to a torn labrum in the final game of the regular season, so I'm stuck with Tarvaris Jackson at QB and he sucks. After the bye week, I ran it on almost every play to beat the Lions 34-20 but now I got a rematch with the Packers. Gonna finish up the season tonight, since I'll be gone til next Sunday.

I also rented The Phantom Pain. I brushed up on my lore and beat Ground Zeroes to try and get excited for it. The opening sequence was pretty cool, but right now I'm a few missions in and kind of bored. It's like a big-budget, open-world Peace Walker. That's good for the longevity of the game, but unlike the linear titles, I don't get that sense of wanting to see what happens next. I respect the game, but am not captivated. It doesn't help that I suck at it, but since Big Boss is Wolverine, I can blow my cover and absorb 50 bullets without dying and settle for a 'B' grade on the mission.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:57 pm

I kinda wanna get Until Dawn when it goes on sale. I heard it's got multiple endings depending on your choices like the Quantic Dreams games from PS3. My mind was blown when I realized there were multiple endings in Heavy Rain
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:59 am

Wasteland 2 has now got me occupied. I really like the turn based combat system, which is similar to the latest XCOM titles. I would have liked it more if there was a more "hardcore" difficulty that accounted for food n' stuff like that. Canteen water is somewhat immersing, but they could do better.
Cpt(K)

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 am

Got back into payday 2 after 2 years.The developers updated the hell out of the game in that time. It feels quite different from what I remember. Good game to play with friends.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:02 am

Cpt(K) wrote:Wasteland 2 has now got me occupied. I really like the turn based combat system, which is similar to the latest XCOM titles. I would have liked it more if there was a more "hardcore" difficulty that accounted for food n' stuff like that. Canteen water is somewhat immersing, but they could do better.

Love turn based strategy games. Jagged alliance was my shit back in the day
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:18 pm

[Q] wrote:
Cpt(K) wrote:Wasteland 2 has now got me occupied. I really like the turn based combat system, which is similar to the latest XCOM titles. I would have liked it more if there was a more "hardcore" difficulty that accounted for food n' stuff like that. Canteen water is somewhat immersing, but they could do better.

Love turn based strategy games. Jagged alliance was my shit back in the day

I've heard of that game, but haven't played it. I've played a game called "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action," but it was a flop if you were to ask me. I just don't understand why they couldn't implement a good cover system (even obscure games like UFO:Aftermath had a cover system). Wasteland 2 actually has a decent one, although I believe more objects could be utilized.
Cpt(K)

Postby [Q] on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:35 pm

The last official jagged alliance game was jagged alliance 2 in 1999 and they released the source code for the game so there are some crazy mods for it. You should check that one out. Exceptionally great voice acting and writing

Back in action was essentially a company's poor attempt at creating a newer, 3D version of jagged alliance 2
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:00 pm

New Super Mario Bros U, in preparation for Super Mario Maker this week. Grabbed the Mario & Luigi disc off Amazon and well, probably least favorite 2D Mario. I remember liking the NSM on the DS and Wii, but this fell flat for me. Wall jumps and such never really played into the action and the racoon power up was meh compared to the propeller and large/small mushrooms. Bosses started getting interesting (finally) halfway through, but overall, eh.

Doubly so since the Luigi normally $40 DLC is just a remix of the existing levels with less time and Luigi jumpers/sliding.

Well, at least I'm prepared for all the SMM levels now.

....oh, and Rocket League, lots of Rocket League.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:21 pm

I played Super Mario 3D World on Wii U and it was actually pretty fun despite it not being 2D.

I'm having a hard time getting myself to play Rocket League once I finally beat the season mode. Might give it another go with a longer season eventually if i get bored
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 pm

Online man, online.

I really enjoyed 3D World...not caring too much for the rainbow road world now, but the main game was pretty damn good IMO.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:11 am

I only play rocket league online now and although it's fun, I feel like I need something to work towards, like getting promoted in fifa or something like that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Dem ranks thoooo

Ultrawide monitor capture test, with random games I've been playing lately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWR6pYrQUu4
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lamrock on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:30 am

After putting too many hours into the dreadful phone NFS, I was excited to rent the new one. My favorite games in the series were the first three black box ones (UG1, UG2, MW) and this looked like a return to that.

The driving is arcadey with some rubber banding and it doesn't take long to afford a car that smokes the competition (3 hours in I have a Nissan gtr). Always online is a drag and there is like no traffic on the road. Still, it's fun. I like the modding, the graphics are beautiful and it's pretty addictive. Probably not a purchase despite promises of free dlc but is the funnest racer I've played since forza horizon.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic