NBA Live 2004 Current Rosters v1.04 - Ratings/Classic Teams

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

NBA Live 2004 Current Rosters v1.04 - Ratings/Classic Teams

Postby benji on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:51 am

Yes, it is the best, and it's even better. The Tim Duncan of roster patches continues it's journey to greatness. The Most Detailed and Deepest Roster Update has been updated again...

Updates in version 1.04:
- Current rosters updated as of January 9th, 2004
- Corrected positions based on starting lineups and for better sub patterns
- 95.7% of all player ratings have been updated
- A bunch of bums created using the crappy create player the game has
- Chicago and Washington's team set changed to Motion
- Frank Johnson replaced with Mike D'Antoni (face resembles him, but generic speech)
- Added '87 Lakers, '89 Pistons, and '96 Bulls to go with '92 Bulls and '95 Rockets (Currently there is a five team limit)
- Dennis Rodman player update (by Tony) included so he has his tatoos and wacky hair
- All numbers corrected
- Hand corrected: Adrian Griffin (HOU, Right to Left); Stacey King (92CI, Right to Left)
- Recommended Patches: Tony's Legends Updates, '95 Houston Rockets Patch

Continuing Features:
- Salaries and Salary Cap updated to the real life ones (you will need to start a new dynasty to get the new salaries)
- Sliders (at the end of this file)
- Team sets so teams play like they should
- Scott Skiles replaces Bill Cartwright (real face and speech), Johnny Davis replaces Doc Rivers (uses generic face and speech)

Also, during the install, there is a slight pause at the end, it has not crashed, just wait a minute or so and it will finish updating files.

My roster update fixes the Training Camp Dynasty thing where you could lose points for not training. Ratings are lower than most people are used to, they look fine to me (especially if you convert to the old scale) but don't worry, after one year in dynasty they auto-adjust to fit with the new rookies.

http://www.nbalive.org
benji

Postby ckenda1 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:33 am

great job ben... awesome!
ckenda1

Postby Lenkbron on Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:11 am

great work ben :!:

best roster out there!!
Lenkbron

ya!!!

Postby euro41 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:02 am

great work but now every time i play a game it quits the game goes back to the windows this didn't happen before.
euro41

Postby benji on Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:07 pm

Well, if it does that, then it's not great work.

If you have problems, you might want to delete and redownload the patch because earlier versions may have had a bug that affects certain systems and causes problem with Rodman's face. It has been fixed in all downloads after this point.
benji

Postby Ole on Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:12 pm

Well, after i try it, i really have to say, this is the best roster updated i test until now..... i really fell the it, the teams are playing theirs games, and i keep having some amazing score... no mora 100+ games... i really apreciate the efort, the original style of play for each team is a A+!!!!!!!

Maybe in yours others roster, you can try to update the teams acc color to maych for home, away and alternate uniforms..!!!!

Thank you!
Ole

Postby Filip on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:43 pm

I have downloaded both the NLSC roster update and the NBALIVE.org update, and don't know which one too use but after the reading the following line.
95.7% of all player ratings have been updated

I have decided to use yours.
Filip

Postby #12 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:50 pm

Slam harder wrote:I have downloaded both the NLSC roster update and the NBALIVE.org update, and don't know which one too use but after the reading the following line.

you can use both. go install bens roster and rename the save folder to 023. then install andrews roster

Postby shaq34 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:16 pm

#12 wrote:
Slam harder wrote:I have downloaded both the NLSC roster update and the NBALIVE.org update, and don't know which one too use but after the reading the following line.

you can use both. go install bens roster and rename the save folder to 023. then install andrews roster

dude..it didn't work..i renamed bens roster and then install andrew's and it overwrites it
shaq34

Postby Filip on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:36 pm

Well I was thinking to download both (which I did) and then decide which one to use, I installed Ben's.

I did the right choice.
WOW :shock: what an excellent rosterupdate, almost every players rating is changed, the sliders settings is great, the classic teams are sensationall.

I played a Rocket '95 against Bulls '96 game and lost but I gotta say, that was the most entertaining game I ever played on Live '04.

Though Jordan scored like 12points and Luc Longley about 18 (N)
But it's different game to game I guess.

Anyway thumbs up for Ben and everyone on NBALIVE.org (Y)

NLSC = Best forum
Live.org = Best player and roster updates

EDIT: Forgott to mention Dennis Rodman, you have really done a great work on him, he evan has those short shorts.
He is coming up on my "pic of da week" sig next week BTW :wink:
Filip

Postby Cesco on Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:42 pm

Great Roster Update Ben!

Just a glitch I noticed using Orlando... Pat Garrity is listed as C as primary position and AG as secondary. Is it correct?

Thanks for the great work!
Cesco

Postby benji on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:53 am

I had Garrity listed as a center because that's where Orlando was playing him. Now that he's out of the season I will switch him back to Forward in the next version so he plays that position if you do a dynasty. Sorry about that, he's easy to forget about. ;)

Thanks for the support everyone. I just try to make what I want for a roster, a realistic and accurate one that represents the NBA as it is currently. Then I just share it with everyone so they can use it too.

Re: Jordan only getting 12 points. He should've take the most shots on the team in every game and he usually does but if you focused your defense correctly he would shoot a low percentage and not be able to score in bunches.
benji

Postby Filip on Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:10 pm

Ben wrote:Re: Jordan only getting 12 points. He should've take the most shots on the team in every game and he usually does but if you focused your defense correctly he would shoot a low percentage and not be able to score in bunches

In other words, I'm a kickass defender :)
Filip

Postby Mark Nordstrom on Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:34 am

I object to minnesota being worse then Milwaukee, they have 2nd best record in west. They have beat sac and San. Why so low of rating for there bench ???
Mark Nordstrom

Postby Cesco on Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:24 am

I don't know why people complain just by looking at team ratings.

I restarted my dynasty with this super roster update and Minnesota is already leading its division after 5 games with a 4-1.

And I just lost to Chicago with Orlando by 2 points, even if there's a difference of almost 10 in the two team ratings.

Ben, you've done a superb job with this update. Now you can really see the difference of superstar player. When TMac is on the bench it's always a struggle to keep up with the other team.

Thanks!
Cesco

Postby benji on Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:28 am

Mark Nordstrom
Milwaukee's bench is better than Minnesota's. Milwaukee keeps a similar level of production throughout their entire team. Minnesota has phenominal starters but the bench is a sharp drop off. In real life Minnesota is better because their starters play 75+% of the time, but since the game calculates the overall out of all 12-15 players they suffer an overall rating drop. But when you do a season or dynasty this usually evens out because the starters are playing big minutes.
benji

Postby Micchy_boy on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:20 am

Hi just want to say that ben roster patch is the best!!! especially retro teams like bulls 96 and lakers 87 (i hope next roster patch there will be boston 86 and knick 94). but i noticed when i play using or against bulls 96 ron harper is the star player? it must be mj or if we goes to bench its scottie, but it ron harper or stece kerr and even bill wennington. ben how to fix it. thanks GOD BLESS!!!
Micchy_boy

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:11 am

Hey Ben great roster by the way, Just one error. Tayshaun Prince of Detroit is right-handed in your rosters, when He's a lefty. Thx.
Uncle Drew

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:26 am

I tried to rename Ben's roster to 023 and nothing happened. Where do you rename it at? The folder itself or in the game? Thx.
Uncle Drew

Postby Millennium on Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:01 am

Just curious, Ben, did you do all of the team offensive sets in the DBF editor for this file, or is that something you will do in a later release?
Millennium

Postby benji on Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:14 am

I set all of the team sets three versions ago and have been updating them since.
Hey Ben great roster by the way, Just one error. Tayshaun Prince of Detroit is right-handed in your rosters, when He's a lefty.

That's not my roster then. Prince is left-handed in mine.
benji

Postby redz on Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:50 pm

Pistol wrote:I tried to rename Ben's roster to 023 and nothing happened. Where do you rename it at? The folder itself or in the game? Thx.

in-game!:)
redz

Re: NBA Live 2004 Current Rosters v1.04 - Ratings/Classic Teams

Postby riofaco16 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:59 am

why i can't open the link? always show chinese characters? pls help
riofaco16

Postby Murat on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:32 am

Unfortunately the website has went down a few years ago. It's horrible to see that the precious, incredible mods inside are all gone.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:50 am

Not a good bump here at all. Check the dates: this thread is over 11 years old. This release was a long time ago. Please pay attention to the dates on threads when searching through the archives, and keep in mind that files do get lost over the years...especially when we're going back more than a decade.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2004