Miami Heat Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Miami Heat Thread

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Kawhi's defense is just amazing. 40 year old Wade stood no chance. He had his fadeaway blocked by standing Kawhi just reaching his arm out. Insane.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Mandich on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Whiteside acts like an idiot on the court.

It's possible MIA and CLE end up facing off in the first round.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Kevin on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Wade gets injured again. GGWP
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby NovU on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:53 am

:facepalm2:

And that 40 points effort is a distant history.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Couple news...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13122 ... llion-deal
Heat plan to offer Goran Dragic a 5-year, $80M deal
Good deal if Riley can pull this off. Penny pincher Arison should be proud once again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... vin-durant
Heat want Wade to use opt-in clause to go after Durant
Not happening. Why would KD be interested in joining 35 year old Wade in Miami? LBJ's dumped bitch to be KD's gf? What a big pipe dream, but I guess so was 2010.

This build up in Miami, I get the feeling that there's realistic possibility Wade actually wants to leave.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Justise Winslow, lel. Some Heat fans are hyped.

Some analytics say he has no superstar potential and I am on board with them. But he does have that solid player potential. Nothing to rave about especially for a team that's in Win Now mode.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 pm

I really thought Deng was out but it seems like he opted in. This mean Justise Winslow is a bencher.

I really like the outlook though. A lot depends on Hassan Whiteside's development. Next one will be a fun season as long as they remain healthy (not likely but...)

center Hassan
power forward Bosh
small forward Deng
shooting guard Wade
point guard Dragic
6th man Winslow

birdman and rio should go, hopely to cavs.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:11 am

Dwyane Wade has reportedly accepted a one-year, $20 million deal to remain with the Heat.
Wade was reportedly looking for a multi-year deal, but it looks like he'll settle for $20 million instead. Wade put in respectable averages of 21.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.2 steals per game during the 2014-15 season, but he also only made it through 62 games. He's fun to own when healthy, but unfortunately he's just not healthy enough, and we'd recommend letting someone else deal with him on draft day. Jul 2 - 5:59 PM
Source: Tim Reynolds on Twitter

Riley wins again.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:04 am

Indeed. He gets his payrise, but they'll have to go through this all again next year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:32 am

benji

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:03 pm

The Spurs, Suns and Mavs are "out front" to sign LaMarcus Aldridge, according to Sam Amick of USA Today.

The Mavs are interesting here, but they're likely way behind the Spurs and Suns. Aldridge is having dinner with Pat Riley and he's already met with the Lakers. Hopefully, LaMarcus comes to a decision soon, but he's certainly getting his share of meetings and free meals.
Source: Sam Amick on Twitter Jul 3 - 12:09 AM

Riley working his magic. Aldridge's a Heat. Book it.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Axel on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:55 am

NovU wrote:
The Spurs, Suns and Mavs are "out front" to sign LaMarcus Aldridge, according to Sam Amick of USA Today.

The Mavs are interesting here, but they're likely way behind the Spurs and Suns. Aldridge is having dinner with Pat Riley and he's already met with the Lakers. Hopefully, LaMarcus comes to a decision soon, but he's certainly getting his share of meetings and free meals.
Source: Sam Amick on Twitter Jul 3 - 12:09 AM

Riley working his magic. Aldridge's a Heat. Book it.

Either Winslow or Whiteside would have be included in a potential sign and trade with Portland. I definitely don't want to see Whiteside gone after it took 5 years to get a rim protector, and we've been looking for someone to help carry Wade's slack (winslow) for several seasons. If Riley can make it happen without trading either of those two, I'd be completely on board.
Axel

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:54 am

Winslow's safe. Whiteside is also probably safe because his salary so low while Aldridge's a max.

Probably Bosh or Wade has to go, latter being highly unlikely. Or you could package a deal involving Andersen, Chalmers, Deng or something.

But i think it's the Spurs that will take him away though. And the Suns are probably next in line.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:42 am

Man, this summer league for the Heat is going pretty stale and boring. They've been winning because they got more NBA tested talents but Justise's struggle blows.

Seems like Ennis is always going to be a crap player, Zoran we know already that he's a Goran lite and likely not usable much because doesn't offer different style of basketball, Napier has been good but he'll highly likely struggle again with efficiency at NBA level, Tyler Johnson is solid but a back up level talent at best.

Now, I'm anticipating what will become of Andersen and Chalmers trade though the Heat probably won't get much more than cap relief.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Tremendous comeback by the Heat. Credits to the second unit and Hassan Whiteside.

Hope to see more Tyler Johnson. Kid just needs minutes.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm not a big fan of Whiteside's attitude at times, but he's certainly found a place in the league after a forgettable start some years back.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Me neither. I noticed his maturity level isn't quite there yet. Perhaps it's just his personality or character he wants to be portray to the audience but I definitely think he needs to tone it down a bit. Sometimes I scream we know you are Cinderella of the league, now just play the ball and stop acting like a spoiled star player already.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Axel on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:03 am

TJ needs more minutes. He's solid defensively, and aggressive on the offensive end.
Winslow is looking like the steal of the draft. He completely shut down Harden. I hope he's our Kawhi Leonard, just needs to keep working on his jumper.
Axel

Postby air gordon on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:57 am

what do you think is his best position on the court is?

"hollywood" harden sure did have a hard time putting the ball in the basket
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:25 am

Winslow? He's probably suited for typical low end SF role this year, typically spot up jump shooting and defense. I don't believe Win Now mode Heat have patience to develop his offense for now.

Axel wrote:TJ needs more minutes. He's solid defensively, and aggressive on the offensive end.

He's one of those guys that grows on you imo. Hard working, no baggage, a lot of effort, and surprisingly athletic, a type of guy that shines beneath the spotlights.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Axel on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:31 am

NovU wrote:Winslow? He's probably suited for typical low end SF role this year, typically spot up jump shooting and defense. I don't believe Win Now mode Heat have patience to develop his offense for now.

Axel wrote:TJ needs more minutes. He's solid defensively, and aggressive on the offensive end.

He's one of those guys that grows on you imo. Hard working, no baggage, a lot of effort, and surprisingly athletic, a type of guy that shines beneath the spotlights.

This is the conundrum the Heat are currently in. The youth movement has surpassed our vets in terms of importance for the future. It was Whiteside, TJ, and Winslow primarily leading the comeback. Spo showed surprising restraint and trust in his young guys to keep them in down the stretch - something I've never known him to do. I hope he shows patience in the young guys, because we're not going anywhere without them. I actually think we've subtly and under the radar acquired one of the best young cores in the league. Unfortunately our vets have played like shit. Dragic especially, looks horrible out there and did all preseason as well.
Axel

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Fair point there Axel. But I am one of those skeptical ones about Winslow. I don't think he would be logging this many minutes if things were looking up. How many contenders rely on their rookie to play heavy role? Not saying the Heat were definite contender but they were expected to be relevant in East with just about everyone coming back healthy from injuries.

Anyways, Hassan Whiteside is looking like the best Heat player now. Bosh and Dragic need to step up ffs.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Axel on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 am

Hassan is definitely our best player, an all-star this season, and one of the best centers in the League. I actually was higher on him than Gobert, because Hassan has such a great feel for the game on defense and offense. Last night was a great game for him; his post moves looked great and he wasn't reliant on assists from Wade. He has also been playing good defense without fouling. He's gone from D-Leaguer to max contract player in less than a season.
Axel

Postby NovU on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:40 pm

Only 5 games into the season but this Wade is seriously looking good.

To recap:
2 losses against: ATL, CLE
3 wins against: HOU, CHO, MIN

Beating the teams they're supposed to, but I'd like to see them beating the good teams. Next 3 is going to be Pacers, Raptors, Lakers. Probably Raptors one will be the toughest one.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Mario Chalmers having a new life as a Grizzly. I'd root for him hard if it wasn't the Grizzlies he's playing for but nonetheless I'm happy for him as he's taking advantage of opened up minutes and role which he deserves after dealing with Wade and LBJ hegemony for a decade.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball