NBA LIVE 16: Can i Please Please Get a 2K ish Camera Angle

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

NBA LIVE 16: Can i Please Please Get a 2K ish Camera Angle

Postby kingpnp on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:46 am

NBA LIVE 16: Can i Please Please Get a 2K ish Camera Angle.

I know they have baseline low/high. those camera angles are HORRIBLE. there is no other way to describe them. So the only way i can get my point across is to be specific. I want the exact same camera angle that is called 2K (in 2k15 and prior. ) its a baseline camera angle. But i also would like to have the ability to manipulate each camera angle and save it to my liking. Again, this is a feature that is currently in 2k. sorry i have to keep using 2k references but it is what it is. THese are some things i would personally like in 2k16. I know the devs have this ability. So similar to "sliders" which i heard were in this go around. Manually manipulating the zoom, and height of cameras would be great.

The one benefit of a 2kish- or a great baseline camera angle where you can actually follow your player is that everything is 1:1 as far as dribbling moves are concerned. up is up, down is down, right is right, left is left. This enhances your ability to do all of the dribble moves, post moves, and just move around the court on both ends.

am i crazy for asking for this? i asked for it in 15 but they had a lot of things they just couldnt do at that time so i let it go. but this new live is looking promising already.
kingpnp

Re: NBA LIVE 16: Can i Please Please Get a 2K ish Camera Angle

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:51 am

People were complaining about it last year, so hopefully they listened!! Custom cameras would also help, they have the Pacers and Bulls cameras too high on the ESPN cam
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:49 am

I personally prefer to play with the broadcast cameras myself, but I'm all for more options and anything that makes "gameplay" oriented cameras better.

Actually, I'd really like to see retro, isometric camera view, throwing back to NBA Live 95. That'd be fun for a bit of nostalgia, every now and again.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kingpnp on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 am

Andrew wrote:I personally prefer to play with the broadcast cameras myself, but I'm all for more options and anything that makes "gameplay" oriented cameras better.

Actually, I'd really like to see retro, isometric camera view, throwing back to NBA Live 95. That'd be fun for a bit of nostalgia, every now and again.

there was a time when i hated that baseline/2k type of camera. because i was a live for life fanboy. but once it was obvious i had to jump ship and play the other game. more and more it became apparent. THey didnt have that Nba live angle, not quite broadcast, i cant remember what it was called. i'm going way back. It wasnt exactly a sideways cam, but more of a slight angle. it was perfect. But more and more 2k without that option made me get use to the 2k camera. ANd i really like it. especially when i do my own manual zooming in or out and manual height settings. Its also great for playing my player on nba 2k. nba live's career mode would be perfect with that camera. because you can see the entire half court and some of the otherside of the court. just enough so you can get a fast break or you can deflect a long pass if need be. but also better zoomed to play in the half court.

in addition. that broadcast camera doesnt do the live graphics justice. it just doesnt. thats because unlike 2k, live's players are smaller and more realistic in size in comparison to the court and real life physical appearance. This means only when you zoom in do you clearly see the detail. a nice 2k like camera can make live look great.
kingpnp

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 am

No argument here, I just prefer broadcast for the larger view of the court, and the "watching a game on TV" aspect of it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kingpnp on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Andrew wrote:No argument here, I just prefer broadcast for the larger view of the court, and the "watching a game on TV" aspect of it.

and thats why they always push that angle because it "looks like live TV"

It's nice to watch if you're not playing. but there is no better angle then that angle where all of the controls are one to one. obviously the one bad part is if you turn on the thing where it has to do that flip screen so you wont have to get used to playing with the reverse controls.
kingpnp

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Again, your preference. Just as my preference is broadcast, and it suits me just fine. I'm not suggesting you're wrong, or disagreeing with your suggestion. But if we're talking personal preference...well, that's mine. I'm all for improvements that benefit anyone and everyone, regardless of my tastes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 am

Calling the angles horrible doesn't help the devs. What don't you like about them? The FOV? The height? The angle? The zoom? The panning based on the side of the court or where the player is? How far it moves left or right? How far it turns left or right? How it zooms? How it rotates during possession changes? All these things are adjustable by the developers and if you want them to change it you really need to explain your point. I like that you said you can follow your player and that the dribble controls correlate to the camera angle, but going into detail on your criticism is important if you want the devs to potentially take action. The way I would constructively criticize one of EA's cameras would be like this-

"I don't like the replay camera because of an issue when it is focused on the ball. The screen image jumps around every time a dribble or any ball movement is performed. Older games from the PS2 era locked on to the player with the ball so the camera didn't jump up and down, and when they no longer had the ball either from a pass or shot/other, the camera smoothly transitioned from the player to the ball whether it was a replay or during gameplay. With that said, I would like to have extra options for gameplay cameras such as FOV, height(and/or pitch), pan amount, dynamic zoom amount, and smoothness(for possession transitions)."

Not to mention your 1:1 control suggestion should be an option for the new freestyle controls. EA should give an option to bound the dribble controls to the camera angle.

If they really wanted to set the bar high, they would use some kind of in-game calibration that could allow them to detect the proper angles you use when attempting certain dribbling moves and directional movement based on what camera you chose.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16