Real Draft Classes - Making a Comeback?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real (2014-21) And Fictional NBA Draft Classes Project | 2015 DC - Updating!

Postby Alpha_ on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:52 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:I would like to work on this helping you, but if this is not possible I may ask some requests to be done.

a) You should lower the potentials a little bit, every draft class has like 12 potential 80s. I recommend making 1/2 stars (for example Okafor/Towns), 2/3 solid starters (Mudiay,Johnson,Russell) and then possible starters and solid role players (from pick 6-12). Then you should put 1/2 busts (but future role players or normal starters) between 12-20, and 1 bust in the second round (role player or normal starter).

Every year ballislife and all this webpages/youtube channels overhype the rookies, and only 6-10 from every draft class end having a regular NBA career. You should work on making that.

All other players on every draft class end being on the D-league, Bench Warmers or not being signed. I think there has to be a form that teams don't sign every rookie they draft, but this is the game programming so not possible.

b) Lower all the ratings. From the past drafts only Irving and Lillard have make a star impact in a 2 year-time. Your rookies end up being 80 by the end of the first year. If you lower the ratings maybe rookies would be long-term projects, developing their full potential when they are 24-26. And this will help the role thing, because rookies are angry of not playing in the first year, when they are rated 60.

c) I don't know if there is a way to fix this, but normally draft selection has no logic. I've been playing around on how to fix it and the only way to make the CPU select logically is to make huge differences when it comes to rating. Make all the draft selections after 15 lower than 60. Top 5 pick should be 70 or lower, and the other from 5 to 15 should be 65 as high.

Anyway, if you want any help be sure to contact me, but if you want to explore it by yourself it justs consists on playing a little bit.

Thanks for the suggestions but I can't really lower the ratings below 70 ( especially for the top 5 picks).

I'm just following this formula for the ratings:

Strong Draft Class
--->76-79 = Top 5 draft picks
--->71-75 = Lottery Picks
--->67-70 = Mid Late 1st Round Picks
--->62-67 = 2nd Round Picks
--->57-62 = Probable Undrafted
Average Draft Class
--->74-77 = Top 5 draft picks
--->69-73 = Lottery Picks
--->66-69 = Mid Late 1st Round Picks
--->62-66 = 2nd Round Picks
Weak Draft Class
--->72-75 = Top 5 draft picks
--->70-72 = Lottery Picks
--->66-68 = Mid Late 1st Round Picks
--->60-66 = 2nd Round Picks
--->57-60 = Probable Undrafted

Anyways, I might do this one.
a) You should lower the potentials a little bit, every draft class has like 12 potential 80s. I recommend making 1/2 stars (for example Okafor/Towns), 2/3 solid starters (Mudiay,Johnson,Russell) and then possible starters and solid role players (from pick 6-12). Then you should put 1/2 busts (but future role players or normal starters) between 12-20, and 1 bust in the second round (role player or normal starter).
Alpha_
Night Knight

Re: Real (2014-21) And Fictional NBA Draft Classes Project | 2015 DC - Updating!

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 pm

King Mellow wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:I would like to work on this helping you, but if this is not possible I may ask some requests to be done.

Every year ballislife and all this webpages/youtube channels overhype the rookies, and only 6-10 from every draft class end having a regular NBA career. You should work on making that.

All other players on every draft class end being on the D-league, Bench Warmers or not being signed. I think there has to be a form that teams don't sign every rookie they draft, but this is the game programming so not possible.

b) Lower all the ratings. From the past drafts only Irving and Lillard have make a star impact in a 2 year-time. Your rookies end up being 80 by the end of the first year. If you lower the ratings maybe rookies would be long-term projects, developing their full potential when they are 24-26. And this will help the role thing, because rookies are angry of not playing in the first year, when they are rated 60.

c) I don't know if there is a way to fix this, but normally draft selection has no logic. I've been playing around on how to fix it and the only way to make the CPU select logically is to make huge differences when it comes to rating. Make all the draft selections after 15 lower than 60. Top 5 pick should be 70 or lower, and the other from 5 to 15 should be 65 as high.

Anyway, if you want any help be sure to contact me, but if you want to explore it by yourself it justs consists on playing a little bit.

Thanks for the suggestions but I can't really lower the ratings below 70 ( especially for the top 5 picks).

I'm just following this formula for the ratings:

Strong Draft Class
Average Draft Class
Weak Draft Class

Anyways, I might do this one.

For me a straight 80 rating straight from college means something like LeBron or Durant or Oden. Just check nowadays rookies, they barely play, i think 75 as high is the correct one.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Alpha_ on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:06 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:For me a straight 80 rating straight from college means something like LeBron or Durant or Oden. Just check nowadays rookies, they barely play, i think 75 as high is the correct one.

That is why I posted this:

Strong Draft Class
Average Draft Class
Weak Draft Class

i think 75 as high is the correct one.
And HAWK23 won't like that.
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby SaKred1 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:13 am

Maybe I am not seeing him, but do you have D'Angelo Russell in the 2015 Draft?
SaKred1

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 am

SaKred1 wrote:Maybe I am not seeing him, but do you have D'Angelo Russell in the 2015 Draft?

Nope, he isn't there.
big-shot-ROB

Postby Alpha_ on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:15 am

SaKred1 wrote:Maybe I am not seeing him, but do you have D'Angelo Russell in the 2015 Draft?

No. But he's here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3bbtvi
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby SaKred1 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:45 pm

King Mellow wrote:

Thanks man! I downloaded it, but Towns, Russell, and Winslow's faces are not showing up. How would I fix that?
SaKred1

Postby mjtheslambam323151 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:29 pm

King Mellow have you had any progress on the 2018 draft class? My franchise is doing great with draft classes 2016 and 2017. 2018 draft class would be amazing.
mjtheslambam323151

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 pm

SaKred1 wrote:
King Mellow wrote:

Thanks man! I downloaded it, but Towns, Russell, and Winslow's faces are not showing up. How would I fix that?

Read the page before this one, don't be so lazy.
big-shot-ROB

Postby Winsanity7 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Where is the introduction? :(
贾森の王
--"the King of Wisdom"
Winsanity7

Postby Winsanity7 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:32 pm

I do agree with the idea,but for Okafor,Towns and Mudiay theratings should be the level of Superstars or will be the superstars in the future. :o
贾森の王
--"the King of Wisdom"
Winsanity7

Postby WorldBeFree on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:54 pm

i just downloaded the extra version or the not offical version of the 2015 draft from the last page and started my assoc. some players have no face (like russel), i have a cf for him but i dont find his iff in the excell file and now i wonder i how to edit him. There is no excell file for this dc, i hope someone can post it! i could successfully change someone like towns or oubre.
Thanks for your work and time!!
WorldBeFree

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:11 am

WorldBeFree wrote:i just downloaded the extra version or the not offical version of the 2015 draft from the last page and started my assoc. some players have no face (like russel), i have a cf for him but i dont find his iff in the excell file and now i wonder i how to edit him. There is no excell file for this dc, i hope someone can post it! i could successfully change someone like towns or oubre.

Read, for the sake of god.
big-shot-ROB

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:06 am

I wanted to join in on the ratings conversation.
I have been following drafts for a few years now and I do agree with big-shot-Rob, every year several players are overrated due over exposure/ highlights on the internet.
King Mellow's system is a good foundation for creating a draft class. Predicting player's future outcomes is very difficult due to many factors including injuries, team the player goes to, chemistry w/ team, chemistry w/ coaches, direction of the franchise, draftee's maturity/ mindset.

Jalen Rose talks about players being drafted to the wrong team all the time.
Take Hassan Whiteside as an example. He was drafted by Sacremento Kings.
The Maloofs, owners of kings, had no direction. They also had a younger Jason Thompson and Demarcus Cousins.
Whiteside was leaving school after freshman year. He could have easily had a better career by being drafted by another team.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:52 am

TGsoGood wrote:I wanted to join in on the ratings conversation.
I have been following drafts for a few years now and I do agree with big-shot-Rob, every year several players are overrated due over exposure/ highlights on the internet.
King Mellow's system is a good foundation for creating a draft class. Predicting player's future outcomes is very difficult due to many factors including injuries, team the player goes to, chemistry w/ team, chemistry w/ coaches, direction of the franchise, draftee's maturity/ mindset.

Jalen Rose talks about players being drafted to the wrong team all the time.
Take Hassan Whiteside as an example. He was drafted by Sacremento Kings.
The Maloofs, owners of kings, had no direction. They also had a younger Jason Thompson and Demarcus Cousins.
Whiteside was leaving school after freshman year. He could have easily had a better career by being drafted by another team.

What I usually do is I activate the trade override during the draft and I make trades between the rookies selected and the teams, I mean, how can New York or any other team with the 1st pick draft Cliff Alexander every f*ckin' time.

And I adjust the potentials, I mean most of the top10 picks lasts years are now role players or just not being important anymore, here are the top10 picks from 2011 and the underrated picks that have transformed into good players.

2011 Has to be tha draft with more steals

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Derrick Williams
3 Enes Kanter
4 Tristan Thompson
5 Jonas Valančiūnas
7 Bismack Biyombo
8 Brandon Knight
9 Kemba Walker
10 Jimmer Fredette
11 Klay Thompson
15 Kawhi Leonard
16 Nikola Vučević
17 Iman Shumpert
19 Tobias Harris
20 Donatas Motiejūnas
22 Kenneth Faried
23 Nikola Mirotić
24 Reggie Jackson
30 Jimmy Butler

36. CHANDLER PARSONS
60- ISIAH THOMAS!!!

1 Anthony Davis
2 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3 Bradley Beal
4 Dion Waiters
5 Thomas Robinson
6 Damian Lillard
7 Harrison Barnes
8 Terrence Ross
9 Andre Drummond
10 Austin Rivers

2013 None of the top10 picks are really important now apart from Mclemore/Oladipo and CZeller/Noel

Basically steals:

11-MCW
15-The GreakFreak
17- Dennis Schroder
24-Hardaway
27-Gobert

2014 Great expectations but injuries have killed this class on their rookie season.

Gordon, Exum, Smart, Vonleh, McDermott, Warren... High expectations because of overhype

Steals:

21. Mitch McGary
30- Kyle Anderson
32-Kj McDaniels

Basically what I'm trying to tell is that only 3/5 players from every draft class end up being what they were suppose to be, and 10/15 are just busts caused by the overhype. And other 5 players are selected late but are the steals because they are solid role players and that should be reflected on your draft classes if you want realism. But that loses all the excitement because CPU selection is dumb and you can go and watch players potential in the edit mode, would be cool if you hadn't any opportunity to see them. I hope this improves in 2k16 as a fan of Association Mode.
big-shot-ROB

Postby WorldBeFree on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:56 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:
WorldBeFree wrote:i just downloaded the extra version or the not offical version of the 2015 draft from the last page and started my assoc. some players have no face (like russel), i have a cf for him but i dont find his iff in the excell file and now i wonder i how to edit him. There is no excell file for this dc, i hope someone can post it! i could successfully change someone like towns or oubre.

i did and i said i could fix the problem with someone like Towns who is in the excell file of the 2015 v2.4 dc, but russel isnt. But in the dc he posted on the last page (i think its from HAWK23) there is russel in the game with a png number i dont know. I tried to find the dc in the original thread, but couldnt. Its not like i dont read , but he provided us the dc with no excell file (not that he has to, i dont hate i am gratefull for the time and work!!). I am sorry if i seem lazy but i tried to find him (btw its not only him i think i didnt find a couple of guys, but at the same time fixed a coule of guys. So i know how to do it).
Sorry for my english btw and thanks for the time and help. Just want to play some 2k again :D
WorldBeFree

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 am

big-shot-ROB, TGsoGood, So, what should I do now? Should I change the ratings system I'm using?
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:25 am

What about these ratings:
2015 DC:
Lottery Picks - 75-67
Mid to Late First Round - 64- 61
Early to Mid Second Round - 61- 58
Mid to Late Second Round - 58-56
Undrafted - 55 - 53
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:37 pm

WorldBeFree wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:

i did and i said i could fix the problem with someone like Towns who is in the excell file of the 2015 v2.4 dc, but russel isnt. But in the dc he posted on the last page (i think its from HAWK23) there is russel in the game with a png number i dont know. I tried to find the dc in the original thread, but couldnt. Its not like i dont read , but he provided us the dc with no excell file (not that he has to, i dont hate i am gratefull for the time and work!!). I am sorry if i seem lazy but i tried to find him (btw its not only him i think i didnt find a couple of guys, but at the same time fixed a coule of guys. So i know how to do it).
Sorry for my english btw and thanks for the time and help. Just want to play some 2k again :D

There is a guy asking the same thing as you in this page, and my answer was that the numbers are in the page before, btw i also asked the same thing on UBR thread and the answer is there, so basically you HAVEN'T read.
big-shot-ROB

Postby WorldBeFree on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:02 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
WorldBeFree wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:

There is a guy asking the same thing as you in this page, and my answer was that the numbers are in the page before, btw i also asked the same thing on UBR thread and the answer is there, so basically you HAVEN'T read.

no i did read, thats why i could change towns oubre and winslow so thanks for those guys. But guys like turner or russel still have no face, their old number isnt in the excell file of the 2015 dc and the number of russel in the 2017 dc is not the same number of HAWK23 dc (i use the HAWK23 dc so i need the number in this dc)
I dont want to border you, so you dont have to reply thanks anyway!
And again thanks for the dc!!!
WorldBeFree

Postby WorldBeFree on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:17 pm

In case someone wodners what my problem was. I didnt include the iff files from 2016 and 2017 draft! Only guy who has no CF now is Jakob Pöltl but he will not declare to the draft because his mom wont let him.
Any chance you would inculde Gary Payton the second in the 2016 draft?
WorldBeFree

Postby real_rp3 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:58 am

I'm new to this. I have Xbox 360. How to I get these rosters from here to Xbox 360? Is there a gamertag I search or?
real_rp3

Postby JAWSFreelao on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 am

You can't get these on 360, silly goose. PC gaming only.
Been on the thinnest of ice and I turned myself into Gretzky.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
Primary modder for NBA 2K14 D-League conversion mod.
JAWSFreelao

Postby real_rp3 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:55 am

Damn what a shame :(
real_rp3

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 pm

JAWSFreelao wrote:You can't get these on 360, silly goose. PC gaming only.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding