Patch #4 Out Now (PC, PS4, X1)

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Patch #4 Out Now (PC, PS4, X1)

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:12 am

The fourth official patch is out for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One versions of NBA 2K15.

Patch Notes

• (XB1) Online games will no longer disconnect during gameplay when one or more users had minimized the title and returned while sitting on the Team Select screen prior to playing.
  • Made a number of improvements to the player progression/regression systems that drive player ratings in MyGM/MyLEAGUE/MyCAREER.
  • Fixed a rare case where the user team would trade for the upcoming pick mid-draft (MyGM/MyLEAGUE), but the team that traded away the pick would retain the rights to the player.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to access specific Online Leagues.
  • Removed “auto-hesitation” dribble animations that played when driving near defenders. Smoothed out the sprint to jog transition in the back court.
  • Tuned shot percentages for a more obvious distinction between open and covered shots. Slight increase to contact dunk frequency for high level dunkers.
  • Corrected an issue in MyTEAM where improved player badges were not appearing in the correct color when viewing a head-to-head game. The correct badge level with appropriate gameplay adjustments are now being made.
  • The ‘Bruiser’ and ‘Hardened’ badges will now unlock properly in MyCAREER when the appropriate conditions are met.
  • Fixed a rare case where some users would occasionally see the title hang during the series of legal screens at the start of the game.
  • (XB1) Corrected an issue where Park Chat through the My NBA 2K15 app would not work for some users.
  • (XB1) Fixed an issue where a user’s gamertag would not update in the Roster Creator interface when the gamertag was changed outside of the title.

Be sure to post any impressions and issues with the latest update here in this thread!

(Also, in case anyone's looking for it: Patch #3 Discussion Thread)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Patch #4 Out Now (PC, PS4)

Postby aguifs on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:04 am

WOW... I was not expecting it... I hope the stutters are completely gone!!!
aguifs

Postby eko718 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:12 pm

I now have invisible players in my game. Anyone else experience this? Could be the patches perhaps?
Donations are welcome and appreciated || Cash App me at $eko718 ||

Or through Paypal @ https://paypal.me/eko718?locale.x=en_US
eko718

Postby TBM on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Yes. You have re-download the whole game, basically, unless you did the smart thing and backed up your whole game.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby eko718 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 pm

TBM wrote:Yes. You have re-download the whole game, basically, unless you did the smart thing and backed up your whole game.

Smh... Thanks. So we have to re-install patches with every patch update...wow.
Donations are welcome and appreciated || Cash App me at $eko718 ||

Or through Paypal @ https://paypal.me/eko718?locale.x=en_US
eko718

Postby TBM on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:54 pm

This isn't an issue exclusive to 2K. Almost every game requires re-installation of mods with new patches. Hell, with certain games like Minecraft, the mods have to be re-written entirely to support the games updates. We were just spoiled with last-gen 2K as far as modding goes.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jmmontoro on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:00 pm

I feel like I regained control over driving and shooting, anyone else? Got a few A's on HoF which never happened before and was able to keep momentum on contact drives.
jmmontoro

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:18 pm

The game movements feel more fluid to me. No fps drops, no court-skating, no instant movements into the animation

@TBM. You said something about my logic in the last thread. Actually, gameplay updates are things that satisfy me in a new patch. Some new face updates would be nice since before the game was realeased, it was confirmed that 2k would update player looks "regulary" to match the real life. That happened once and 2k had bad luck. They've updated players that after the patch came back to their default looks (Gortat and Andersen) or ended their season ( Carmelo and Larry Sanders). Lillard is on point though

Also, 2k should remember about the pride and update some damn courts. AA Arena still has bad logo colours, Oracle Arena is not even close, TD Garden and Barclays Center look like some bad replicas in Las Vegas.

If the shoe glitch was the only thing getting fixed in a patch, it would've been a baaad thing for 2k. Not everyone plays my career. But as long as I am right and the patch also features some minor gameplay updates, I am happy it was released and I will reinstall all the mods
I Hate Mondays

Postby initiald on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:11 pm

TBM wrote:Yes. You have re-download the whole game, basically, unless you did the smart thing and backed up your whole game.

I have this invisible player glitch too. How do you fix this problem asap? Thanks.
initiald

Postby Lagoa on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 pm

For all guys with invisible players...

Go to game on steam library and select "check files" Steam will download again files with u patch and works normal again.

Of course, patches are gone.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:09 pm

Or restore any backups you might (and should have).

Like TBM said, it's very common for games to remove any mods after official patch. Unless it directly supports mods like Bethesda's games or Workshop enabled titles.

I am definitelly looking forward to see the patch notes (once released), though I'm gonna play MyCareer mode of LocalCityLeague 2K15 in the evening :lol:
Ronnie 2K said he's gonna release the notes probably after he returns to US. He should be in Europe for 2 more days though.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby tjangel07 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:53 am

This happened to me with the 3rd patch. Good thing I backed up. Restoring my backup now.
Specs: Ryzen 3600. GTX 1070 Ti. 16gb RAM.
tjangel07

Postby ThePointForward on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:49 am

Though if the files in question were modified you'll still have to redownload some stuff. Probably much less than if you had heavily modified files.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Venoms on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:46 am

hopefully with the 4th patch comes out ,...you must update also..... Boston,Denver,Clippers,Miami,Pacers,Dallas,Utah,court........see it for yourself,....comparing from LIVE 15 there are all current court and realistic.... :) :D
Last edited by Venoms on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venoms

Postby TBM on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:56 am

What?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:16 am

I think what he is trying to say is the boston, denver... and all the courts he mentioned, need an update in patch 4 because live 15 courts are superior
I Hate Mondays

Postby initiald on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Lagoa wrote:For all guys with invisible players...

Go to game on steam library and select "check files" Steam will download again files with u patch and works normal again.

I went to Steam, go to Library tab, right click on NBA 2k15 but I see no option for "check files". Help!
initiald

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:18 pm

initiald wrote:
Lagoa wrote:For all guys with invisible players...

I went to Steam, go to Library tab, right click on NBA 2k15 but I see no option for "check files". Help!

Right Click on the game on library - Properties - Local Files - Verify integrity of game cache.
That should do it. The game will scan the whole game for missing or corrupted files and will replace them all. It could take a while
I Hate Mondays

Postby Joern III on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:49 pm

:oops: :cry: :x

i deleted the game , because it always crashes or hang after the 4th patch.
what i can say to 2k is... thanks for nothing.
www.hsv.de ...thats my favorite team. i hope for win the german championchip in the next future...
Joern III

Postby jk31 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Shooting mechanics got changed drastically! Wide open jumpers, regardless of perfect release or not, will get much better grades and thus go in much more often. On the other side, if a shot is contested, the shooting grade goes down to D or less very quickly.

I like it!
jk31

Postby Kevin on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:02 am

Waiting for the patch notes. I hope they fixed a shit-ton of bugs
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:02 am

I am 100 % the foul tendencies have been updated. Finally, I can attempt some blocks or defensive contact without the opposing team going to the free throw line 2k15 times a game
I Hate Mondays

Postby FreeAtLast on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:50 pm

The Free throws have also been fixed.
MJ & Gervin (User Controlled Timing) were shooting 60% FT inspite of Near Perfect Release.

The hotspots / 3 pt shooting has been OPed.
Kyle Krover went 7/7 3pt from the corner. After the first 4 i basically started chucking inspite of the D coverage.
Maybe its just 1 game thou
FreeAtLast

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:01 am

Well, after the patch, I am not getting any VC out of quick games or NBA Today games. I am not choosing another side during the game
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kevin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 am

Welp, I think the patch broke the 3-point shooting. Got my first triple-double (I was averaging 15ppg-10rpg) in MyCareer. Korver and Bazemore just can't miss.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Next

Return to NBA 2K15