How to Sub during Rising Star mode

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

How to Sub during Rising Star mode

Postby leepersc on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Hey guys, lets just say Live 15 is not all that I expected. Not even close. Here's my problem. While playing RISING STAR mode I am unable to get ANY subs into the game. I'm not a starter, but when I get into the game, approximately the first 2-3 minutes, there are ZERO subs into the game from there on. Shit, guys will foul out in the first half and still no overall subs, just for the guy that fouled out. This blows because most of my starters are taken out for when I am on the court. The AI doesn't even allow an option to sub anyone, much less get the starters back in.

Any solutions?

I realize the "coach" is in charge because it's rising star, but not subbing out for the starters is just ridiculous. I guess it's just another SHITY flaw with the almighty NBA Live.' Should of kept it under wraps until 2016 until the game was actually READY I guess. They already lost me forever until I can edit rosters!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my last ditch effort to actually, partially enjoy the game. To be honest, I'm gone after this year if they don't bring back the editing options.

Jesus, someone help before I loose all hope in this BETA game forever and EBay it! After all, I've been playing this series of games since 1998.

Thanks all,

Scott
leepersc

Re: How to Sub during Rising Star mode

Postby leepersc on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 am

Anyone? I'm leaning more and more towards 2K at this point.....
leepersc

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:16 am

I don't believe there's a way to override the coach and make subs yourself in that mode.

If a career mode is what you're interested in, then NBA 2K15 is definitely the way to go. MyCAREER has its own issues, but it's a lot deeper and more polished than Rising Star. Rising Star is a good start, a solid foundation, but NBA Live's game modes do need some attention. As per our interviews with Sean O'Brien, the depth modes and customisation options are priorities for NBA Live 16, so that's good news. For this year though, especially for the career mode, 2K15 is probably more likely to offer what you want.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby leepersc on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 am

Thank you VERY much ANDREW! I REALLY, REALLY appreciate your response and information! This is just a really crummy deal. I've been a LOYAL fan of LIVE since the 90's. The last 2 years have been such a disappointment for the LIVE franchise. I just don't have the patience for this anymore. I'm done with it. I'm going to 2K15 just as you suggested. This game is really a joke in my opinion. Sure I enjoy SOME of the game play but the rest is garbage.

Andrew, thank you again for your thoughts on this matter you truly are an asset to this great forum! :bowdown2:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you,

Scott
leepersc

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:51 am

You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words!

The NBA Live series has been through some tough times; we've documented it, and we've spoken to Sean O'Brien about it on our Podcast. Changes in direction and turmoil with turnover in the development team have set them back in recent years, so to coin an apt sports analogy, they're in a rebuilding phase right now. There are good things in NBA Live at the moment, but still a lot of room for improvement, particularly in terms of the modes. The foundation is there, and NBA Live 15 was a big improvement over NBA Live 14, but it feels like it'll be another iteration or two before it's really rolling. I'd disagree that the game is a joke, but it isn't where it wants or needs to be, no argument here. The current dev team seem pretty serious about it though, and Live 15 feels like it's on the right track, to say the least.

To that end, we'll keep covering the series and providing constructive feedback, as well as reporting on all the details as we always do during the preview season. But definitely check out NBA 2K15 if you want a deeper career mode. Note that you can't override the coach's substitutions in 2K either, and MyCAREER is very story-driven these days which isn't to everyone's liking, but it is further along than Rising Star. In any case, the benefit of having two games on the market is that you have a choice. We basketball gamers are luckier than most, in that regard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 am

I haven't played RS much but I'm about to start since I finished my personal mission of finishing all the set Ultimate Team challenges. My opinion on MyCareer for 2K is only based on 2K14 which I played a ton last year on PS4 and if 2K15 is anything like 2K14 with the story driven, set outcomes, be prepared to RAGE LIKE A MOTHERF*CKER like I did in 2K14. That mode was singlehandedly the reason I gave up on 2K as a whole. At least in Rising Star, the focus is your gameplay not some BS story you have no control over. Just my two cents.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:59 am

I'm not playing a whole lot of Rising Star, but something I did like was the ability to land on the team of your choice straight away, if desired. I think both games should offer that option, moving forward.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TBM on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Izzy Snow wrote:I haven't played RS much but I'm about to start since I finished my personal mission of finishing all the set Ultimate Team challenges. My opinion on MyCareer for 2K is only based on 2K14 which I played a ton last year on PS4 and if 2K15 is anything like 2K14 with the story driven, set outcomes, be prepared to RAGE LIKE A MOTHERF*CKER like I did in 2K14. That mode was singlehandedly the reason I gave up on 2K as a whole. At least in Rising Star, the focus is your gameplay not some BS story you have no control over. Just my two cents.

There's no scripted gameplay this year.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:30 am

The personality they went with for your MyPLAYER is pretty unappealing, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 15