Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby rafikomp on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:17 pm

My game is still crashing when I open My Team. Neither first patch nor second patch has fixed it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rafikomp

Postby JoeG on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Leftos wrote:carcheever, JoeG, are you on the latest driver for your graphics card? Can you try setting FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0 in your VideoSettings.cfg file?

i did as you said and changed that value to a 0 and it is working now. I didn't try any game modes but i will play some more later and let you know if there are any more issues.

Thanks.
JoeG

Postby blodklat on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 pm

ok, so the game WAS working after first patch, not anymore..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blodklat

Postby theonlyother on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:48 pm

i played my team all day yesterday after i beat the lakers in domination i went to open the 3 reward packs and only got to open 2 of them now it crashes every time i click on My Team....

I also notice in the task manger when it crashes it says NBA 2k15 Not Responding AND it says my volume mixer (High Def Audio device) is Not responding as well. Im pretty sure this has something to do with it guys. If ANYONE knows how to fix this please let us know! I hope this helps get it fixed!! Thanks for your time!!
theonlyother

Postby h3roz on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:01 pm

I hope you can help me the game crashes right after the KD intro video ends. I've tried everything and I don't know what is causing the problem.
h3roz

Postby carcheever on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:22 pm

"carcheever, JoeG, are you on the latest driver for your graphics card? Can you try setting FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0 in your VideoSettings.cfg file?"

Works for me. Thanks.
carcheever

Postby h3roz on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Turning FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0 also fixed mine for the moment.
h3roz

Postby Ramjet on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:03 am

I will just add that after the patch a couple of days ago, I started having bad crash problems, including crashing my whole box twice.

But, I played a while last night after the 2nd patch, and haven't experienced any crashes yet. I am not one of the ones who has encountered stuttering issues, or crashes in general (except for in-between patch 1 and patch 2).
Ramjet

Postby jxc on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:51 am

When I want to change default lineup in MyTeam, game crashes to desktop. It was working fine before patches, now I can't play MyTeam (it works, but rarely). Also, I have a problem with a controller. When I am trying to move in menu, it jumps two fields at the same time. When I am starting a game, it shows 2 controllers instead of one (digital and analog separately).
jxc

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 am

Do those of you that try FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0 and have it work for you have NVidia cards, or is there anyone with AMD that had this work for them?

Also, from now on, please also include your VideoSettings.cfg file in your zipped crash reports. Do not set it to read-only, we need to see what settings the game is using or trying to set due to your configuration, if any.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Heinrich on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:25 am

Heinrich wrote:here is my crash report. the game works fine when steam is in offline mode. when steam is online, it crash nearly instantly after starting the game (via steam or exe file)

hi guys, just wanted to inform that after 2nd patch i am still having the same problem. steam offline = game works without problem. steam online = instant crash at start.

fast_texture_transfer change has no impact. same behavior.

attached the new crash report (different from previous one) and the videosetting.cfg (resolution is the one which the game wants to use. but i can lock it for 1080p)

thx for yr active support, very appreciated! (Y)
Heinrich

Postby rafikomp on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:43 am

My game crashes when I open My Team. I think I have tried everything to fix that.
rafikomp

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:30 am

Heinrich wrote:
Heinrich wrote:here is my crash report. the game works fine when steam is in offline mode. when steam is online, it crash nearly instantly after starting the game (via steam or exe file)

hi guys, just wanted to inform that after 2nd patch i am still having the same problem. steam offline = game works without problem. steam online = instant crash at start.

fast_texture_transfer change has no impact. same behavior.

attached the new crash report (different from previous one) and the videosetting.cfg (resolution is the one which the game wants to use. but i can lock it for 1080p)

thx for yr active support, very appreciated! (Y)

The issue with not being able to start the game when online but being able to offline is a known one and there's a fix in the pipeline, but I don't have an ETA on it.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:32 am

rafikomp wrote:My game crashes when I open My Team. I think I have tried everything to fix that.

Even FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:32 am

jxc wrote:When I want to change default lineup in MyTeam, game crashes to desktop. It was working fine before patches, now I can't play MyTeam (it works, but rarely). Also, I have a problem with a controller. When I am trying to move in menu, it jumps two fields at the same time. When I am starting a game, it shows 2 controllers instead of one (digital and analog separately).

Are you using the mouse and keyboard to navigate MyTEAM when this crash happens? What menu are you on when it happens? Have you tried updating to the latest driver for your controller?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rafikomp on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:35 am

Leftos wrote:
rafikomp wrote:My game crashes when I open My Team. I think I have tried everything to fix that.

Even FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0?

Yes, game still crashes after that.
rafikomp

Postby theonlyother on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:23 am

same here Leftos my "my team" worked great until i beat the Lakers in domination ... What would cause this???? :? thanks for all your help Leftos! (Y)
theonlyother

Postby hrbulls on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Experienced my first 2K15 crash since the game first came out. (N)
hrbulls

Postby vbn71 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Game freezes (mostly during the games) in MyTeam and MyCareer modes.
vbn71

Postby jxc on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Leftos wrote:
jxc wrote:When I want to change default lineup in MyTeam, game crashes to desktop. It was working fine before patches, now I can't play MyTeam (it works, but rarely). Also, I have a problem with a controller. When I am trying to move in menu, it jumps two fields at the same time. When I am starting a game, it shows 2 controllers instead of one (digital and analog separately).

Are you using the mouse and keyboard to navigate MyTEAM when this crash happens? What menu are you on when it happens? Have you tried updating to the latest driver for your controller?

When I'm using gamepad, it crashes when I am trying to edit my lineup, when I use keyboard it crashes when I am trying to play the game. As far as I know I have the latest driver.
jxc

Postby Braydz on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Constant random crash to desktop at random times between 30 seconds to 10 minutes.
Braydz

Postby virulent0o on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:48 am

Crash report attached.
Happened during a match in myCareer in online mode (VC).
It's simply crashed to desktop without warning.
virulent0o

Postby Ramjet on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:59 am

Still seem to be crashing quite a bit (didn't really crash much before the first patch, but have been lately).

Most recent crash report attached. Happened in 4th quarter while playing a game in online league
Ramjet

Postby theonlyother on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:32 am

Here are the other files you ask for Leftos.

Game freezes every time I click on "My Team" from the main menu. I got to play it fine up until I beat the Lakers in Domination Mode.

I hope this helps get things "patched" up. Big thanks for all your help!!!
Last edited by theonlyother on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theonlyother

Postby basketballstar24 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 am

The game freezes in game (2 times today) on MyTeam. Please give me a solution! Thanks in advance.
basketballstar24

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15