NBA Jam 2k17 - AVAILABLE NOW! THANK YOU NLSC!

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Re: NBA Jam 2k14 - SNES NBA Jam Mod - NEW: College Slam 2k14

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 am

Andrew wrote:With the way those guys are playing, I think that'd be a good switch in both cases.

agreed
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Millertime2325 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Just spent over two effing hours in the library working on this.. Attempting to fix ONE PORTRAIT took up that entire time, and guess what? It looks worse than it did when I started. Beyond frustrated right now, hopefully the weekend will bring a little more success... :x
Check out my NBA Jam 2k14 mod!
Millertime2325

Postby lilredwagon on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:25 am

If I could get the password as well I would be very grateful. I'm a huge NBA Jam fan so updated rosters would be unreal. Thanks
lilredwagon

Postby ContraBT on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:37 am

Same here could a get a PW also? BOOMSHAKALAKA!
ContraBT

Postby BigWillie54 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:05 am

can you shoot me a pm. i want to play this badly.
BigWillie54

Postby Emojigod on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 am

Would love it fi i got a password sent to me also it really doesnt matter when since your very busy!
Emojigod

Postby Millertime2325 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:40 am

Hey guys! As you can tell, I haven't really been working on this project over the last couple of months. Between school and some of the portraits just plain not importing properly, it kind of got put on the back burner. Fortunately, now that the semester is over, I have a bunch of free time to put into the game. I just had a bit of time to mess around with it today, and I have successfully imported 4 portraits without a single issue. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. I have about 20 more that need to be fixed, and there are a few others that are mostly fine, but the shoulders look a little awkward. I'd like things like that to be fixed by the time I'm ready to release the final product.

As far as the password goes, I may change the password and redistribute it to everyone who has been keeping up with the thread if there are any future beta type releases. Unfortunately, I have given the password out to a bunch of people, hoping that they would in return provide feedback on it, and I haven't really heard back from a majority of them. Sorry to anyone who would actually contribute, but I would prefer not giving out the password for now. Fear not! Hopefully I will be ready to drop this like it's hot within a couple of weeks. :D

Thanks again for all the help and support so far, guys. I plan on being a little more active on this thread now that the summer is here. Cheers!
Millertime2325

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 am

Glad to hear it's still in the works. Looking forward to the public release. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Millertime2325 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:57 am

So here's a little bit of what I've been working on:

OLD

NEW

I think it looks a lot better when all of the players on each team have the same colored uniforms on. Maybe it's just the OCD in me, but I think the final product will definitely benefit from making sure these minor details are on point. The new pictures just look better too as far as size for whatever reason.

Still have about 15 more portraits to edit, and a couple players to add/remove after the trade deadline and what not (Caron Butler, Big Baby, and half of the 76ers off the top of my head). Might start working on the menus and credits soon as well.

Slowly but surely...
Millertime2325

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:28 am

HES NOT DEAD :bow: :bow2: :pirate: :lol:
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 am

Looking good! (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Stephenson in for Turner? and you better hurry up before guys like Luol Deng aren't even on the team anymore :lol:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby SHG_StarskyP on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:50 am

I have people waiting for this game including me I neeeeed that password man :bowdown:
SHG_StarskyP

Postby holcombz on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Wow this is the first time I've stumbled on to something like this! Looks great man! If anyone would be kind enough to share the password with me I would love that! If not, that's totally fine and I will wait for the official release!
holcombz

Postby orangejuice on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:19 am

Hi, I would like the password. I appreciate all the work you've put into this!
orangejuice

Postby law56kerx on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Just saw this post, was searching for old school NBA Jam mods. Dear creator of this great mod Millertime2325 could you pm the password, much thanks!
law56kerx

Postby Millertime2325 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Hey guys, just checking in. First off, I just want to apologize for leaving this project in an incomplete state. I ended up giving up hope for a variety of reasons, such as the draft, roster cuts, and general errors I was getting while trying to finish off the final touches. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the project last season, from the roster selections to statistics. I'm truly appreciative of the contributions you all have made, and I'm deeply sorry I was unable to finish and release the project.

With all of that said, I think I would like to give it another shot for the upcoming season, but I'm willing to admit that it's probably a bigger task than I'm able to complete on my own. I have all of my data saved from last years project, and I think that a lot of things like portraits / name tags (which is probably the hardest part) can carry over to this year. If any of you guys are interested in collaborating on NBA Jam 2k15, please let me know. Most of the work is basic hex editing, with a bit of photoshop and some other rom editing programs for the graphics. If you're able to do work on the 2k series for the PC, this stuff should come as child's play. Hell, the fact that I figured it out goes to show just how easy it is. :D It's mostly just time consuming, really. If we combine the information I have already compiled through last years research (such as hex offsets and general how-to stuff) with the bright minds on the NLSC forums, I think we can really do something great here.

One more thing, I'm currently taking a programming class this semester. My knowledge base is pretty weak right now (been learning visual basic 2010), but I would love to make a player editing program to make things easier for any future iterations. If that's something you'd be interested in helping with, I'd love to try to get that started as well.

I'm not willing to give up hope on this project just yet, and I'd love to get a group of guys together to turn this thing into a reality.

In unrelated news, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SEASON TO START!!! Cleveland is going to be so exciting to watch for the first time in what feels like forever. Some of those plays in preseason were just incredible. Kyrie between the legs pass to Lebron for the jam... Kyrie between the legs to Love for the layup... It's going to be absolutely amazing. Don't think they'll win the title this season but the fact that they're even in the conversation is a breath of fresh air. Hope you guys are all doing well. Cheers! :)
Millertime2325

Re: NBA Jam 2k15? Calling All Modders -- Read Latest Post!

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 pm

Certainly understandable. If you were able to make a player editing program...any chance one could be developed for the PC version as well? As I've said before, I've always wanted to edit the PC version of Jam. ;)

Anyway, hopefully a few people can pitch in. If you've got anything that's in a condition to be released - even if the rosters are outdated - I think people would really like to get their hands on it. Traditionally speaking, Jam's rosters have seldom been complete/completely up to date, anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Marquisexb on Fri May 22, 2015 11:21 am

I would like the password to the .rar file please.

Also I would suggest that you make this public. Maybe by doing so, you'd get more help, forks, etc.
Marquisexb

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:56 am

no way to edit jerseys. Like long shorts?
Solaris Phase Two

Postby catkat on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 am

does anyone have the password? I PM'd with no luck. Thanks.
catkat

Re: RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE. NBA JAM IS BACK. NBA Jam 2k17 COMING SOON!!!

Postby Millertime2325 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:47 am

Hey guys, it's been a while, but I'M BACK!!! On a whim I decided to try to get back into this project again, and wouldn't you know it, I figured out how to fix those old bugs that ultimately caused me to abandon the project the first time around. I've been working on this for about a week and I'd say I'm about 75% complete - as it stands each team has 3 players, fully configured with 2017 portraits and stats ripped from NBA 2k17. Next up on the agenda is the 4th player on each team, secret characters, and misc menu items and graphics.

Here's a video of the roster from last week (I currently have all portraits with the correct uniforms and it looks even better. Because, you know, OCD).

If you have any suggestions on the ratings, I'd love to hear them - preferably changes that you think are off by 3+ (it's really not worth the hassle to change something from 7 to 8 for example, but 8 to 5 would be worth re-coding it). Like I said, all ratings came from this years version of 2K and some brief searching on basketball reference, so they should be alright, but probably not perfect.

phpBB [video]

Right now I'm just really working to get 4 players for each team in, I'll spend a little time on the secret characters and menus, then test the shit out it. I think we're about 2 weeks to completion here, but you never know. I'm looking to have some gameplay videos up soon.

Really looking forward to getting this out to the masses!

Cheers!! :applaud:
Millertime2325

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Awesome, nice to see an update! :applaud:
Just like the Heat a few years back, this Warriors team just isn't fair!!
That millsap/Howard combo will be brutal
Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that steals doesn't mean you're a good defender, but it's funny to see harden so high in steals but a defensive player like MKG at a 1. :lol:
I kinda expected Clarkson to be the 3rd Lakers player but I would imagine he'd be the next one right

Also, it's racist to give Lin a 1 in Power. He's 6'3" & 200 lbs for god's sake! lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Awesome news!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Millertime2325 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:30 am

[Q] wrote:Awesome, nice to see an update! :applaud:
Just like the Heat a few years back, this Warriors team just isn't fair!!
That millsap/Howard combo will be brutal
Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that steals doesn't mean you're a good defender, but it's funny to see harden so high in steals but a defensive player like MKG at a 1. :lol:
I kinda expected Clarkson to be the 3rd Lakers player but I would imagine he'd be the next one right

Also, it's racist to give Lin a 1 in Power. He's 6'3" & 200 lbs for god's sake! lol

Haha agree with a lot of what you said, I posted this on the 2k subreddit page and some people were bitching about Harden's stats but I was surprised to learn he was like top 15 in the league in steals. Too bad there aren't special defensive traits.

I've been playing it a bit, and the Hawks do have a fun team for sure. I also really like playing with the T'wolves and Sonics/Thunder as well, outside of the usual Cavs and Warriors choices that most people might decide to use. Overall it's shaping up nicely from that perspective. I tried to keep things balanced with the 4th players so almost every team has 2 decent guard/forward combos to use, but some are of course better than others.

I put Ingram in there because I wanted to have at least a few rookies in the game. I had Deng as my 4th but it would only take a couple minutes to change it to Clarkson so I'll probably go for that instead.
Millertime2325

PreviousNext

Return to Other Basketball Games