Request for feedback regarding micro-stuttering

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Request for feedback regarding micro-stuttering

Postby Larrysbird on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:47 am

Disabling audio fixed the micro-stutter. Now, the question is, how do we fix the audio?
Larrysbird

Postby Kevin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:54 am

Turn it on? :roll:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:56 am

KevinParker13 wrote:Turn it on? :roll:

Ha. He obviously means getting the stuttering fixed with the audio on.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby exrxixxx on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:18 am

I can confirm that disabling audio drivers completely fixes all lags and micro freezes (at least for some PC's)
Nothing else worked for me (believe me I have tried everything possible and impossible :)

Sound enabling brings back all the stuttering.
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread

Postby astro on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:14 am

Disabling audio drivers completely does not fix micro-stuttering. I also think it is wrong way to go, it is the game that does not work, not audio drivers... In any case, during cut-scenes I can also see some screen tearing although VSync is ON (full screen mode). Because of this, my impression is that VSync is broken in this game.

When I run the game in windowed mode, micro-stuttering decreases significantly in my case. My graphic card is gtx 765m, processor is i7 4700HQ, 16 GB RAM (asus g750JW laptop).
Settings: medium crowd, medium texture detail level and other things are set on high. Special effects are on. FRAPS reports constant rate of 60 frames per sec.

If I set everything to low, micro-stuttering is still present.

Note: I had the same problem with FIFA 15. I solved it by turning off VSync in game and forced adaptive VSync in NVIDIA control panel. However, the same strategy does not work in my case because my settings in NVIDIA control panel are somehow ignored by NBA 2K15.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.
astro

Postby deluxxe on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:04 am

Brianbscotty wrote:I had a minor breakthrough this morning, and it appears to be in turning off the in game vsync setting. Immediately, my stutters dropped almost to nothing. I use adaptive vsync with my Titan Black and when I turned off the in game, stutters dropped and even the graphical quality improved dramatically. It's still there , but not to the point of being distracting. I'm also going o try the "run as admin" that people have been saying is causing the game to run better. But I will say that turning off vsync in game did wonders. There are still some problems when I play with the AA options. With it on 2, the game gets really wonky. I'm going to try a full manual profile in Control Panel this evening, and use the override program settings option. Thanks for the help Leftos!

I've had to do this with every version of 2k on PC since since i can remember. The in-game v-sync has always caused micro stutter for me. I always disable it in-game and force it in drivers.
I haven't had to do that this year though. I am also using a different computer now. It must be only specific gpus.
deluxxe

Postby pistonnation on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:39 am

biggyca wrote:Damn, stuttering with Titan...

Exactly ^^ Does not make any sense. A Titan?! No way that stutters with this game. It's just an optimization thing with the game itself. Can't wait for a fix so I can actually PLAY the game it was meant to be played. (Y)
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:32 am

Okay people, thanks. I've forwarded your feedback to our core engineers to help them track down issues and hopefully figure out how to iron out a few things for this year.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kevin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:34 am

Leftos wrote:Okay people, thanks. I've forwarded your feedback to our core engineers to help them track down issues and hopefully figure out how to iron out a few things for this year.
Good to know, Leftos
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Brianbscotty on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks, Leftos. I really hope they can fix this. Other than all of this headache, I love the core game. Best 2k ever. Which makes me really hoping they can get it smooth. Please.......
Brianbscotty

Postby odiomoratti on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:42 am

MSI GTX 970 gaming
i5 2500k

solid 60fps.....but the microstuttering is there.
odiomoratti

Postby Loco50 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Leftos, How do we edit the substitution lineups? Quick, Tall, FT, Bench, Defense...Also can you please add Sim Bhullar(SAC), Clint Capela(HOU), Glenn Robinson III (Min) and other missing rookies to the roster list? Thnx...
Loco50

Postby Realag24 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:08 pm

x4 645 and gtx 680 2gb 1080p monitor

Nvidia control Panel- vsync on tripple buffering on
Everything high ,2xAA, 1080p v sync off, ratio off
solid 60 no stuttering when set to medium player detail.
when set to high player detail. camera cuts stuttering and variable fps 45-60.

I think the optimization/stuttering issues lie in player high detail settings.
or my weak cpu
Realag24

Postby Lagoa on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Guys, i made one think and works to me...

I use this method since NBA 2k11..... ever play 2k games with AMD video cards, so, i dont no works on nvidia.

Here we go:

1 - Go to your GPU settings and put V-sync ALWAYS ON.
2 - With game running, send CTRL+ALT+DEL, windows will back to desktop (game still running)
3 - Now, select the game in windows bar and back to play. Here, stutterring is 90% gone.

I use this method since 2k11 and i dont no why....WORKS! lol I think it´s something with vsync for the game and vsync for the GPU software.

Waiting for a fix from 2k, anyways,
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby TBM on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:05 pm

So I guess the problem is the audio syncing with the video.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Turn V-Sync on in Nvidia Control Panel. Turn it off in-game ===== Maaaaaaaagic.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:54 pm

I think some of you guys got the priorities and expectations mixed up blaming and constantly jabbering about what 2K needs to do.......
2K did their job and released a product that plays SOLID, and it's up to Nvidia and AMD to make it PERFECT !

That's the way PC gaming goes, if you don't know that then you don't know PC gaming.... games get released and then AMD/NVIDIA put out a proper driver for it soon after... sometimes they work together and have a good driver on release day, but those are usually AAA titles like Battlefield and Call of Duty series

All the finger pointing being done at 2K is really the wrong way about it
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Ballyoop on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:23 pm

worked for me...

is this it, that's what it's all about, manny?
Ballyoop
collywobbles

Postby kobebryant24 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Hey Leftos :), Im glad you are here man. I just wanna say a few words that I think I have to say to you and every single member and modder in this forum (my heart and mind wanted me to say it:)), because I've heard you work on this game Leftos...... NBA 2K15 PC... is everything I have ever wanted from a basketball game and that is, to be the same as real basketball..... and for me you guys did it !! I am completely satisfied...happy....with this gameplay and visuals.... I mean you guys did it... you made it. I love the movement, the courts, the players, the coaches, the ball, the passes, the shoots, the dunks, the layups, the alley-ops, the collisions, the crossovers, the hesitation, the dribble animations.
I mean, I don't know how you guys did it, but I think every player in this game is real... I mean Lebron moves like Lebron.... Melo is Melo.... Harden is Harden.....and all other superstars move like they are real.... their movements, their shots, dribbles it's like THEY ARE COMPLETLY REAL MAN !!! FUCK !! I CANT BELIEVE IT SOMETIMES... even guys like Tyreke Evans, Victor Oladipo, Nerlens Noel, Lance Stephenson and others they come as real as the real nba ! :) I'm just so happy.... because I play NBA games... since NBA Live 2000..... and every year is like I don't like this, this,this..... and since 2k9 came for PC, basketball is upgraded every year.. and now NBA 2K15 comes out.... and for me THIS IS IT !!!! I THINK THIS IS THE BEST THAT IT CAN GET ! and just wanna congratulate you and your colleagues and everybody that loves NBA games and basketball, every single modder from here of course for every NBA 2K, they have modded through the years. I appreciate you guys a lot ...Leftos, jaosming, Andrew and every single modder from this forum that makes every NBA 2K game better !! Now let's celebrate NBA 2K15 !
To be THE BEST...... you have to be THE BEST !
kobebryant24

Postby seanbarkley on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:53 pm

MY feedback:

MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU: I7 3770K
RAM: 16 gb
GPU: Asus GTX 780 OC DCII
SDD: Crucial M4 256 gb
HDD: Seagate barracuda 1tb
PSU: Corsair AX 760

Like many others I've play the game maxed out but suffer microstuttering ingame and in shortcuts. I've tried different things from the forum (haven't tried turning audio drivers off yet) but nothing worked. In my case stuttering happens ALWAYS in the first inbound pass after a basket; don't know if someone else have noticed this too.
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
seanbarkley

Postby elsoulas on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:15 am

Intel I5-2600
AMD 7970
8gb Ram
Win 7 64bit

Stutters not all the time but at times it takes the pleasure out of playing the game. Tried lowering detail still stutters.Needs a fix.
elsoulas

Postby strobox88 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:15 am

I went into task manager and set my priority for NBA 2k15 to "Above Normal". Also, I set the affinity by unchecking a core, clicking OK, and then resetting it to use all cores again. Used to be a trick to solve micro-stuttering in NBA 2k13 and 2k14 and it seems to work for me on NBA 2k15 as well. Can anyone else confirm this works for them as well?
strobox88

Postby skoadam on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:54 am

ive got question? users with high end graphic card like 780/970/980, can u please tell me how much ghz runs your cpu?
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby jay-r on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:13 am

kobebryant24 wrote:Hey Leftos :), Im glad you are here man. I just wanna say a few words that I think I have to say to you and every single member and modder in this forum (my heart and mind wanted me to say it:)), because I've heard you work on this game Leftos...... NBA 2K15 PC... is everything I have ever wanted from a basketball game and that is, to be the same as real basketball..... and for me you guys did it !! I am completely satisfied...happy....with this gameplay and visuals.... I mean you guys did it... you made it. I love the movement, the courts, the players, the coaches, the ball, the passes, the shoots, the dunks, the layups, the alley-ops, the collisions, the crossovers, the hesitation, the dribble animations.
I mean, I don't know how you guys did it, but I think every player in this game is real... I mean Lebron moves like Lebron.... Melo is Melo.... Harden is Harden.....and all other superstars move like they are real.... their movements, their shots, dribbles it's like THEY ARE COMPLETLY REAL MAN !!! FUCK !! I CANT BELIEVE IT SOMETIMES... even guys like Tyreke Evans, Victor Oladipo, Nerlens Noel, Lance Stephenson and others they come as real as the real nba ! :) I'm just so happy.... because I play NBA games... since NBA Live 2000..... and every year is like I don't like this, this,this..... and since 2k9 came for PC, basketball is upgraded every year.. and now NBA 2K15 comes out.... and for me THIS IS IT !!!! I THINK THIS IS THE BEST THAT IT CAN GET ! and just wanna congratulate you and your colleagues and everybody that loves NBA games and basketball, every single modder from here of course for every NBA 2K, they have modded through the years. I appreciate you guys a lot ...Leftos, jaosming, Andrew and every single modder from this forum that makes every NBA 2K game better !! Now let's celebrate NBA 2K15 !

You couldn't have said it any better. I am as amazed as you are by the game. Its just looks so good (Y) (Y) and am fine with other minor setbacks and the usual suspects (online still sucks :D). I like the game so much that I've finally decided to upgrade my 1080p monitor (16:10 aspect ratio) to 1440p monitor (16:9 aspect ratio), since I am quite sure that the aspect ratio issue (stretched out image for monitors with 5:4, 16:10 aspect ratios) is not a patch-able thing.

skoadam wrote:ive got question? users with high end graphic card like 780/970/980, can u please tell me how much ghz runs your cpu?

Tomorrow when I get back home I can check it. What actually are you willing to see? What is the max ghz the game squeezes out of the processor? I am quite sure it hits 100% at times, so its rather pointless. RAM amount/speed and timings also might be an interesting issue to look at. I have rare samsung ram sticks (they came cheap as fuck since the seller was not aware what he had :D, but they are as fast as some superoverpriced ramkits by corsair and so on) that are great overclockers running on low timings, so that also helps to squeeze the best out of it.
jay-r

Postby skoadam on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:22 am

Im just wondering and i would like to report my observations about stuttering and fps drops WITHOUT ANY REASON. When i played first match on my desktop(once again, i7(2,93ghz no OC)+470gtx+6gb RAM) i was very happy, because i set all high+AAx2 and quality 2, special effects on in 1920x1080. Ofc with drops in cutscenes+ micro stuttering but all other 60fps. So i was so happy that i quit from first quarter because i want to choose other teams. Started again, game runs again smooth as hell.....but at the end of first quarter(6minutes) game starts to drops fps, second quarter was even worst, third was unplayable. I said to mysefl damn it looks i had to upgrade my spec and i forget about this and try ither things. Today is third day with this game, i try everything from whole web. NOTHING. So i start intense test.Install Core Temp, MSi Afterburner and run 2k15 again on my desktop with the same sets for the game, but with OC of my i7. Without changing of voltage i get easily 3,4ghz. I start the game+ monitoring of temperature. First quarter, full stable 60fps and whats more important no stuttering. But after breaks between quarters here we go, slowly drops of fps, started with to 50, next huge to 20 or even 10. I re-run match once again, but right now i quickly react on changing fps and checking temperature. Game start to drop fps when my CPU gets 76degrees of C or/and my card is 78 degrees of C. Buuuut i7 930 is well known as very hot cpu and temperatures around 80 is simple nothing exciting for i7 old gen. Same situation with 470gtx(gigabyte OC version). The other thing through all 4 years i never had problems with droping fps because of this temperature. And now is the question whats wrong. In my opinion there must be something in game code, i dont know shit about this, but its immposible that game run smooth through 6minutes and sudenly start droping fps like CRAZY. Another thing is nvidia drivers, i dont know how much it can causes so much troubles. Please Leftos share with us some knowledge because really, many of us lost 3 days on checking and testing all sets for nothing. I dont know what about guys with really poor spec, expecting to run full details. Im talking about guys like me, where game runs smooth like butter through 1 quarter and sudenly my computer looks like calculator. Waiting on you Leftos, give us something. Sry for long post but i want to be clear as much as i can.
jay-r, so you already know why im asking u guys with high end card. Your cpu can hold down your card. If u got something around 3ghz, put this up to 3,5 or 4ghz and stuttering should gone. Ofc this is only my example but maybe it can work for others. I run 2k15 with my 4 year unit without stuttering.
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15