NBA 2K15 Mods?

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby MkElite on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Has anyone analyzed the NBA 2K files yet?
Files look a lot different then those simple IFF files.

Lets see where this goes...hopefully the game will be moddable!

IF you know something that will help the modders, reveal it!
I MAKE CRAZY VIDEOS http://www.YouTube.com/MkElite
MkElite

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Medevenx on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Maybe only after people have decompressed the files can the game be modded. I guess the only things we can "mod" right now is just edit the roster files and sliders?
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 pm

We don't have .iff files, we just have FILES (YIPEEE). Just a matter of time before I get my copy of 2k15 and I'll try to do some magic.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby MkElite on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:34 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:We don't have .iff files, we just have FILES (YIPEEE). Just a matter of time before I get my copy of 2k15 and I'll try to do some magic.

That would be great man, that is the only reason I have this game. MODS!

The game is having too many problems...2K seems to not test at all, they just release a broken game.
I MAKE CRAZY VIDEOS http://www.YouTube.com/MkElite
MkElite

Postby kahoona on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Taking a look at the file types it seems when you extract the file using 7Zip or WinRAR it kinda works, it shows a few files inside of it. Good news, one of the files extracted is a .dds texture. So whilst I dont believe that we will be able to make the files work with our current modding tools, the textures are going to be the same formats and compressions as in previous games. Hopefully it won't be long before someone cracks these files so that we can have some texture mods, otherwise we can begin with texmod.
kahoona
Graphics Modder

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 pm

I came on ask about this as well... I know it's too early to ask for mods, but what's the exact status of the progress, and where can we monitor this progress.... shouldn't we have a dedicated modding section for 2K15 somewhere ??
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby benji on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Honestly, all modding information should probably be kept in a secret forum so JaoSming and Leftos can't patch it out of the game.
benji

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:55 pm

lol, (Y)

serious note though, I think part of the reason they both got hired is because 2K sees how passionate the PC crowd is and how much effort we put into making this game even better than it's default state....
A lot of companies *cough* EA *cough* would take the total opposite approach and not extend their hand to us the way 2K did by hiring some of our best and brightest....

also the fact they brought next gen to PC is great.... now I'm secretly hoping and it's probably too much to wish for at this point, but I hope in the future 2K releases official mod tools and we have the ability to see them in Steam like many other games have their own Mod workshops on Steam....

that would be official, legit and game over.......
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:00 pm

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:lol, (Y)

serious note though, I think part of the reason they both got hired is because 2K sees how passionate the PC crowd is and how much effort we put into making this game even better than it's default state....
A lot of companies *cough* EA *cough* would take the total opposite approach and not extend their hand to us the way 2K did by hiring some of our best and brightest....

also the fact they brought next gen to PC is great.... now I'm secretly hoping and it's probably too much to wish for at this point, but I hope in the future 2K releases official mod tools and we have the ability to see them in Steam like many other games have their own Mod workshops on Steam....

that would be official, legit and game over.......

Man that would be awesome..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Call_M3_Mr-T

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:35 pm

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:I came on ask about this as well... I know it's too early to ask for mods, but what's the exact status of the progress, and where can we monitor this progress.... shouldn't we have a dedicated modding section for 2K15 somewhere ??

Subsections will be created in due course. Right now, people are still figuring out what exactly can be done. In the meantime, a stickied thread might help.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Trying to learn how to texmod and get textures from the files. Will update if I bump into something.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby maumau78 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm from EU but my shop will receive the game Today so hopefully I can try to decode those big files in the weekend ^__^

Honestly the game looks terrific in terms of Global & Lighting so this year modding should be focused on:

- Courts
- CF
- Gamedata (Net movement, and so on)

Ciao
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby MadbaLL on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:31 pm

not exactly, future modding should be just focused on rosters, and adding extra retro mods like UBR, URB, rayhoops1 mod, etc. and maybe courts and cfs when needed or missing.

also, euroleague mods or fiba championsip mods with national teams would be more than welcome.
MadbaLL

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:31 pm

As always, modding should be whatever people are interested in making...while taking into account any limitations on what we can actually do with the game files.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Tha King on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:09 pm

hope we have somebody like Jao who can experiment on the files.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Tha King wrote:hope we have somebody like Jao who can experiment on the files.
IKR. :cry:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Tha King on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:29 pm

For now we should do it ourselves.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Who'll create video tutorials? :cry:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:25 am

You
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kevin on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:54 am

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:43 am

I've been taking a look at every tool used for 2K games (not limited to sports titles) so far.

Nothing.
Kccitystar

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:57 am

Andrew wrote:
ChrisCP3Paul wrote:I came on ask about this as well... I know it's too early to ask for mods, but what's the exact status of the progress, and where can we monitor this progress.... shouldn't we have a dedicated modding section for 2K15 somewhere ??

Subsections will be created in due course. Right now, people are still figuring out what exactly can be done. In the meantime, a stickied thread might help.

that sounds great, a sticky thread would be a good first start where we can all discuss the latest in modding progress.

How far are we though ? I know we have no mods right now, but do we even have an idea yet of what's possible ??
I mean do we even know the basics yet, like is it easier to mod now or harder ? I get we need totally different tools and the old ones don't work anymore (or did I misinterpret that from a post I read before ??)
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:06 am

This is probably the first DX11 game I have messed around with and these files are completely foreign to me.

So far, the files vary in size, and most do open in 7-Zip, but it isn't exactly what we're looking for. Case in point, there is one file that is a whopping 11 gigs in size, but when you open it in 7-zip all you get is metadata and a DDS file. Where's the other ~10GB? Nobody knows.
Kccitystar

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:09 am

Kcity, that bad eh ?? so we can't get any word on the nitty gritty from our boys Jao or Leftos ?

and I mean official word by the way, not asking them to spill 2K secrets or whatever.....
if we could just get a baseline, I mean just point us in the right direction explain to us what is possible this year and what isn't....

I find it hard to believe they went through all this trouble making the PC release so great and then not care about mods at all, I mean the majority of the people that got the game on PC is because of mods, I'm sure everyone at 2K including the office janitor would know that
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:18 am

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:Kcity, that bad eh ?? so we can't get any word on the nitty gritty from our boys Jao or Leftos ?

and I mean official word by the way, not asking them to spill 2K secrets or whatever.....
if we could just get a baseline, I mean just point us in the right direction explain to us what is possible this year and what isn't....

I find it hard to believe they went through all this trouble making the PC release so great and then not care about mods at all, I mean the majority of the people that got the game on PC is because of mods, I'm sure everyone at 2K including the office janitor would know that

To be fair, I don't think there is a place to start given that the files don't even have extensions. At all.
Kccitystar

Next

Return to NBA 2K15