NBA Live 15 Hardwood Classic Edition

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

NBA Live 15 Hardwood Classic Edition

Postby Dr B on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:05 pm

an NBA Live '96 Sega Genesis Rom Modification

FEATURES

Player Modifications:
- All players renamed/replaced with current NBA players for 2014-2015 season based on ratings/skillsets (i.e. Jordan became LeBron)
- Player numbers and appearances updated
NOTE: Players have NOT been re-rated. I was aiming more to keep the classic game play than to make the ratings the same as NBA 2k15. If a player is dominating games that shouldn't be, post below and I'll update things in the next version.

Roster Modifications:
- All teams with 12 current players
- Depth charts based on information from nba.com and realgm.com
- Rosters updated through 3/1/2015 in v1.1
- All-Star teams updated with 2014-2015 rosters in v1.1

Team Modifications:
- All team names, cities and stadium names updated
- New Orleans Pelicans replace Custom Blockers
- Rookies, Sophomores and Prospects teams replace Custom Jammers, Slammers and Stealers

Palette/Color Modifications:
- All team jersey colors updated
- All court colors updated
NOTE: Updating actual on-court logos requires editing the rom's graphics and is not part of this modification.

Known Issues and Future Releases:
- Stat tracking during seasons is currently messed up. I'm assuming this has to do with some of the unknown "?" stats and ratings in the editor I used. I will try to figure this out for the next release
- I've been able to find where the team logos (in the menu screens) and the player head graphics are stored. I'm figuring out how to edit them. So far no luck finding the center court logos.

INSTRUCTIONS
Download Link: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=7366
Recommended Emulator: Fusion 3.64 (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/genesis/fusion.html)
The ZIP file contains a BIN file (the game file) an SRM file (SRAM/save file) and a readme.
The SRAM contains information such as depth chart moves and player trades, Grizzlies/Raptors rosters, custom team rosters, and season/playoff save infromation. If the SRAM does not load correctly you will be prompted to go through the expansion draft prior to playing or editing rosters and Pelicans players will be scattered across several teams. Please see the readme.txt file for instructions on how to set the SRAM up correctly.
NOTE: If you replace/upgrade your SRAM with future updates you will lose any season/playoff progress. I will try to make updates that will keep this from happening but always back up your SRAM file before replacing it.
Last edited by Dr B on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dr B

Re: NBA Live 96 Update (Genesis Rom)

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Sounds cool. You got any screens?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:00 pm

With this being the 20th Anniversary of NBA Live, nice to see some old school content. We're planning on doing a few things ourselves, but good to see the community getting in on the act. :)

Feel free to upload it to our Downloads section for safekeeping, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Qballer wrote:Sounds cool. You got any screens?

Rosters Screens & 1 Half of Gameplay (Chi vs Bos)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxRlrEo1nyM
phpBB [video]

Pretty sweet job rjb2585. Got Fusion setup pretty quick and mapped RT to A, A to B, and B to C for the 360 controller. 100% terrible at this though, never really played the old games but everything seemed pretty correct to me.

for the TL;DW
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Dr B on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:27 am

Thanks guys. Thanks for posting those JaoSming. I'll get some more posted as I add rookies and as more free agents move around.

You can also change your controller setting to a 6-button controller and run different plays/sets. I always played on arcade mode growing up so I never realized that the gameplay was actually pretty solid.

Andrew, looking forward to what you guys have cooking. Once I have a more finished/updated product I'll post it to the download section.
Dr B

Postby formx on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:00 am

jao got rekt lel

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:43 am

rjb2585 wrote:Andrew, looking forward to what you guys have cooking. Once I have a more finished/updated product I'll post it to the download section.

Sounds good. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sevin0seven on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm

awesome! i wonder if you can also edit the team names, background, fonts and sprites?
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby Kevin on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Never knew someone was still playing live 96.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Dr B on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:09 am

awesome! i wonder if you can also edit the team names, background, fonts and sprites?

Team names are edited. Background colors might be able to be edited them if I can find where they're located in hex. Fonts and sprites will require graphics editing which I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off.

Never knew someone was still playing live 96.

I'm living in the glory days man. It's been all Live '96, NHL '94, Tecmo Super Bowl and Ken Griffey Jr Baseball for me recently
Dr B

Postby TheOnlyJMaC on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Just downloaded an NBA Live 96 rom so I can use this. Will most likely download any updates. (Y) :)
"I always laugh when people ask me about rebounding techniques. I've got a technique. It's called just go get the damn ball." - Charles Barkley
TheOnlyJMaC

Postby Dr B on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:18 am

A couple pics of the top rookies in the draft during a game I just played. Will post a couple more as free agents get signed.

IntroWiggins.jpg

IntroParker.jpg

DunkWiggins.jpg

DunkParker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr B

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:19 am

Awesome. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Damn :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby law56kerx on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Awesome modification, any updates?
law56kerx

Postby Dr B on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:01 am

Getting close to the full update for the 2014-2015 season. Hopefully I'll have it done sometime in the middle of the pre-season.
Dr B

Re: NBA Live 15 Hardwood Classic Edition

Postby Dr B on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:04 am

Version 1.0 is completed. Updated the first post. Let me know if you find any errors/bugs.
Dr B

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:51 am

Thanks for the upload!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:56 am

Thanks for sharing this :applaud:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby ibprofane on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Fantastic work on this mod! :bowdown: :bowdown2: It looks like the rom in the zip file doesn't have the latest update. It's still consists of last season's rosters. Can't wait to play the updated version with the rookies and such! :mrgreen: Thank you, thank you Dr B!
ibprofane

Postby Dr B on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:15 pm

ibprofane wrote:Fantastic work on this mod! :bowdown: :bowdown2: It looks like the rom in the zip file doesn't have the latest update. It's still consists of last season's rosters. Can't wait to play the updated version with the rookies and such! :mrgreen: Thank you, thank you Dr B!

Oh damn, I must uploaded v0.1 instead of v1.0. Sorry to the people who have already downloaded it. I made the change and tested it out. It should be working now. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks!
Dr B

Postby Dr B on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:19 pm

Just added an update to the downloads section. Rosters are updated through 3/1 with depth charts according to RealGM.com (injured players are lower on the depth charts). I also added a prospects team with the 12 top prospects according to DraftExpress.com. There are probably some number changes that I missed but let me know if anything major needs to be changed/updated.

Also, I've was able to find some of the graphics in the game using a tile editor. I should theoretically be able to change the team logos for the menu screens and change some of the faces (new hair styles, add headbands etc) but it may take me a little while to figure out exactly how to do that efficiently. Still no luck finding the center-court logos. If anybody is interested in helping with future updates or even modding this game for themselves, let me know. I'll start a tutorial thread.
Dr B

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:18 am

Good stuff! Any resources or tutorials that you're able to provide certainly would be welcome. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby IgishaA on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 am

Can we expect any updates? :)
IgishaA

Postby Dr B on Tue May 10, 2016 11:10 am

IgishaA wrote:Can we expect any updates? :)

No, I've been working on some other projects. It was fun but there were several things I wanted to do that we're too difficult with the editing tools at my disposal, so I lost steam. Thanks for reminding me though, I was supposed to upload some tools/documents explaining how I edited this game in case anybody wants to pick up where I left off. They're going up into the downloads section now.
Dr B

Next

Return to NBA Live Vintage