Game Informer Article on myGM: 2k15 > life itself

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Game Informer Article on myGM: 2k15 > life itself

Postby Lamrock on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:05 am

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2 ... modes.aspx

Good article highlights how Visual Concepts has read our wish lists and answered our prayers. Main thing that stands out to me if course is SIM INTERVENTION
Lamrock

Re: Game Informer Article on myGM: 2k15 > life itself

Postby dreadd41 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:29 am

Stunning job, devs ! (Y) Can't wait try out MyGM :crazyeyes: So many details to tackle!
dreadd41

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:43 am

Great news, but this is what stands out to me the most:

Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take. You can still buy persuasive pitches, extra training camps, or the team you work for with VC, but these are optional and you can get these perks via the normal upgrade path as well.

In response to last year's backlash regarding basic functions being hidden behind the upgrade system, Visual Concepts has surfaced the vital skills that form the backbone of the GM experience. Every GM has full control of trades, free agency, player rotations, coach firings, etc. right from the start.

That was what prevented me from getting into MyGM last year, so that's very welcome news. Everything sounds amazing of course, but if the same VC issues were present this year, then that probably still would've been a barrier to me being able to get into the mode and enjoy them.

Great stuff, 2K. Great stuff, Leftos. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:45 am

I like the changes that they have added to the draft. I wonder if these changes will show up in MyLeague. I see the injury 2.0 system is not exclusive to MyLeague but will play a part in all modes.

I'm expecting to some positive changes to how MyCareer progresses now that they have noted the ability of the game engine to simulate an entire college season.
Also if this engine can simulate an entire college season while an nba season progresses this could mean that NBDL is a possibility for the future or at least sending players down to DLeague and DLeague callups even if you can't actually play any DLeague games.

Aside from all of my speculation. This iteration of MyGM sounds very inviting. I can't wait to see the differences between this mode and MyLeague.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rosque on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:59 am

TGsoGood wrote:I like the changes that they have added to the draft. I wonder if these changes will show up in MyLeague. I see the injury 2.0 system is not exclusive to MyLeague but will play a part in all modes.

All features are the same in MyLeague and in MyGM except MyLeague has more customization and MyGM has more RPG features like press conferences and such.
Rosque

Postby crazy_me_87 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:08 am

"Strategy-minded players who prefer a hands-off approach should check out SimCast. This new system allows you to manage rotations, strategies, sliders, and points of emphasis before hitting the start button on a sim. Once the sim begins, you can jump into the action at any time or pause to change up your strategies if need be. This is a great alternative for users who just want to sim to critical moments like the last two minutes of a closely contested game. "

help me here im not believing this :shock:

does that read that you finally can sim to any point of a SIm game, then jump in and PLAY????

:crazyeyes:
crazy_me_87

Postby Leftos on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am

Yes.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Alpha_ on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:19 am

That's a good news! :applaud:
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby dare on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:32 am

Really looking forward to this game. Hopefully with this features the Dynasty/Association stories will be active again.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Kevin on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:53 am

:bowdown: Leftos :bowdown2:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby seanjohn2525 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:33 pm

yo Leftos how about myPlayer?? :D :D
seanjohn2525

Postby TBM on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Ronnie2K said a MyCareer announcement is coming.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby fjccommish on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:12 pm

I wonder if the computer controlled teams set strategies. Will I run into teams that play me differently - including double teams, more zone vs man to man, and other reactions to my team and the way I play?
fjccommish

Postby Ese on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Thank you devs! I am excited about the injury feature. :twisted:
Ese

Postby Retroswald13 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:55 pm

2K Devs, Leftos :bowdown:
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Postby Spree#8 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:12 am

Sounds solid. I'm certainly glad to hear they're calming down with the VC paywalls and really happy to see the sim intervention feature (I suppose MyLeague also has it?).

Another thing that caught my attention is that players won't all progress in the exact same way anymore and we can have an impact on their development other than just offseason camps. The progression system has been one of the weakest points of Association and thankfully it's been adressed now.

Forced autosave is a bummer. Perhaps done due to VC still being part of the mode, even if it's not absolutely essential.

I'd be interested to hear about the player roles system. Haven't seen it mentioned in the article and it has been rather piss poor for a while. Hopefully something's changed there as well.
Spree#8

Postby Sauru on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:52 pm

this sounds amazing but i wonder if it account for the lebron effect. i mean if i get him on my team will everyone in the league suddenly sign for league min with me?
Sauru

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:00 am

I also wo der if it'll be possible to do what Popovich does: limit minutes of stars and give more minutes to bench players. This usually ended up with stars being angry in 2K.
MyGM is supposed to be more RP based, so I should be able to talk with those players and tell them that I want to limit their minutes to keep them around longer and see what they have to say about it - like if they just agree or say that they're fine with it as long as they get to play more with the game on the line, or they say no way.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:10 am

That may also depend on their "maturity". Tim and Tony know they need to rest and limit their minutes on the floor to stay healthy, young ambitious stars however wants to play the whole 48 min game.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:26 am

Yeah, "maturity", personality should be the factors.
But also sometimes there could appear exceptional players capable of huge minutes and not being worn down - remember Chamberlane's season average of 48.5 minutes per game? :D
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:38 am

Dommy73 wrote:Yeah, "maturity", personality should be the factors.
But also sometimes there could appear exceptional players capable of huge minutes and not being worn down - remember Chamberlane's season average of 48.5 minutes per game? :D
He's an ox ffs. :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Spree#8 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:56 am

I find myself wondering whether a player's performance now has an impact on his value - both in trades and in free agency. In previous games, I feel it's been a complete non-factor. A player could play 20 games in a season with averages of 2 points and 1 rebound on 35% shooting and then get a 5-year max in FA because he's young, has an 80 overall and good potential. Similarly, a player could be an All-Star and All-NBA member, lead the league in scoring and whatnot, but still not get more than the MLE in the offseason, because that's the value that his overall/age/potential combo dictates. It's horseshit.

If the devs weren't able to get it in this year, I believe it's worthy of consideration for 2K16.
Spree#8

Postby Leftos on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:28 am

Didn't have time for that this year as much as I wanted to get it done; didn't want to half-ass it. Definitely on our blue sky list for next year.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby PepsiWithCoke on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:49 am

Leftos wrote:Didn't have time for that this year as much as I wanted to get it done; didn't want to half-ass it. Definitely on our blue sky list for next year.

So 2k15 is a cash grab?

Good to know.
PepsiWithCoke

Postby crazy_me_87 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:10 am

PepsiWithCoke wrote:
Leftos wrote:Didn't have time for that this year as much as I wanted to get it done; didn't want to half-ass it. Definitely on our blue sky list for next year.

So 2k15 is a cash grab?

Good to know.

i assume that is sarkasm....

if not... o,O

Sry but we cant really complain THIS Year!

Next Gen on PC,Myleauge,Many Gameplayfixes,Deepest Injury System Ever,etc
crazy_me_87

Next

Return to NBA 2K15