DAT TRAILER

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

DAT TRAILER

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:05 am

phpBB [video]

IM SORRY EA WHY DID I EVER DOUBT YOU DO YOU FORGIVE ME?!
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Re: DAT TRAILER

Postby chicagoRAW on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:23 am

I'm liking the player body models. Way better than 2k. Noah's arms actually look realistic. Skin texture also better.
chicagoRAW

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 am

chicagoRAW wrote:I'm liking the player body models. Way better than 2k. Noah's arms actually look realistic. Skin texture also better.

BUT THE DUNKS MAN!

the dunks.... :shock:
zzcoolj21

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:38 am

Man, This is like, what we've been waiting for, for like 5 years LOL
ThaLiveKing

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:44 am

Let me know if I missed any accessories in this!
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Yo1 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:58 am

meh... not impressed!!!
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:59 am

NBALIVEFernando wrote:Let me know if I missed any accessories in this!

I cant see anything wrong! You guys got everything right down to the proper proportions of the new Kobes! amazing man :applaud:
zzcoolj21

Postby tatlopuyo on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 am

The graphics are awesome and very detailed but the animations and player movements feels like its nba live 2003 based on the trailer.. its 2014 now. Sorry.
tatlopuyo

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:09 am

NBALIVEFernando wrote:Let me know if I missed any accessories in this!

Don't really care about accessories, but two things

1. Can you get rid of that ugly wind mill dunk lol
2. There's a low "bass-like" sound from the dunks, can you get rid of it, makes the game sound too arcady
3. I hope you limited the amount of times the who back board shakes, not everyone is a power dunker

That is all..... for now
ThaLiveKing

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:10 am

Yo1 wrote:meh... not impressed!!!

Well at least explain WHY its not impressive :lol: You cant just say your not impressed without giving the reasoning. Just doesn't make sense if you don't give your full opinion. :)
zzcoolj21

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:13 am

-- :17 shoes look ok at a glance, but then you realize they're one completely flat texture, the laces and other various materials that could have at least been embossed to give it a realistic 3D effect are NOT...

-- :20 you see DeRozans foot with that same old Live ice skating effect that's been plaguing the series forever, or maybe it's his foot slipping back, we can hope it's slipping back but history has taught us it's probably ice skating back

-- :22 Kobe's layup he makes, it looks fine, but we can still see glimpses of the same old awkward automatic unnatural path the ball takes going through the hoop, it's as if neither Live nor 2K motion captures the actual ball path on layups that happen in real life, so that's why we get these weird layups where the ball absolutely MUST go vertical high up in the air before going down through the hoop, as if finger roll layups where the ball rolls off your finger directly into the hoop or very lowly off the backboard and into the hoop, as if they don't exist in real life

-- :27 I see they brought back contact dunk animations that they first introduced in I think Live 2007 and then took out for the next few years, I think I saw a few in Live 2014 maybe...

-- :33 the windmill done by Blake Griffin doesn't even look like it was motion captured, it looks like the motion was literally generated by a EA tech guy who used a mouse to move each body part bit by bit until he completed the animation.... also still same awkward slingshot physics we saw in 2014, Blake literally looks like a 500 pound man dunking a basketball, as soon as he puts the ball through the rim it looks like he is literally being dragged to the ground by an anchor.... this tells me that sling shot dunk physics are still "IN THE GAME" at least for some dunks

-- EVERYONE LOOKS LIKE THEY STILL TOOK A DIP IN A HUGE VASELINE JAR BEFORE STEPPING ON THE COURT, nobody at EA knows the difference between a player looking sweaty and one looking like he is covered in vaseline and glowing under the lights

-- CAN THEY EVEN GET THE GAME TO RUN AT A CONSTANT 60FPS, how pathetic is that on a game that isn't even graphically intensive and with all the power of the next gen console

I do see a glimmer of hope though, the last Damian Lillard crossover and dunk.... when he crosses over his defender it actually looks like the defender is following the rule and law of physics and shifting his body weight and feet in a realistic manner and then the great body contact with that dunk Dame does, that whole sequence looked more realistic than anything I've ever seen from any sports game, EVER
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby chicagoRAW on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:18 am

I want to see the raw file.

And why did they give Griffin black hair?
Last edited by chicagoRAW on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicagoRAW

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:18 am

That windmill dunk was poor, imo. Only because Blake can get so much higher than that.

Is it just me or is that dunk-on animation at 0:27 an old one from a previous game?

Lots of interesting scenarios in the trailer. Lillard dunking over Live 10 cover boy. Lebron shooting over D-Wade. Irving and Lillard fist-bump. I like the creativity.

This is the visuals trailer. I am assuming they will be doing a gameplay trailer, since that is one of the three focus areas for this year.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maximus89 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:20 am

Meh..beautiful graphics, but im sorry, i just can't into their animations. Seems so mechanical to me compared to 2K. That's always been a big problem for me with LIVE, and it seems that won't be changing any time soon.
Maximus89

Postby ssp0929 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:36 am

Animations look a hell of a lot better, still prefer 2K's.
But wow the visuals. Live scanning the shit out of everything makes a huge difference hahaha.
ssp0929

Postby buzzy on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:42 am

They definitely have the player models down pat.

I'm still baffled they haven't gotten the chance to get a new dunk sound in like 4, 5 years.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:48 am

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:-- :17 shoes look ok at a glance, but then you realize they're one completely flat texture, the laces and other various materials that could have at least been embossed to give it a realistic 3D effect are NOT...

still looks better than 2k's tho. 2k have the shoe res almost the same as last gen.
PLUS THE KOBE's MAN.
zzcoolj21

Postby xKrNMBoYx on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:44 am

Man if I still had a PS4 I would get Live 15 for PS4 and 2K15 for PC...Them Shoulder Muscles...

Oh well. Can't wait to see more.
xKrNMBoYx

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:46 am

I remember a few years ago someone posting mocap videos of both 2k and ea and it showed that ea uses less mocap dots on players' backs than 2k and the stiffness of most of their animations is due to the lack of flexibility of the models torso. They may have been on to something.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby xKrNMBoYx on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:57 am

Pdub wrote:I remember a few years ago someone posting mocap videos of both 2k and ea and it showed that ea uses less mocap dots on players' backs than 2k and the stiffness of most of their animations is due to the lack of flexibility of the models torso. They may have been on to something.

That's an interesting thought. I think of those dots kind of like joints. The human body has a lot of joints, so the lack of several mocap dots compared to 2K could (makes sense) lead to stiff animations.
xKrNMBoYx

Postby Manni Live on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:09 am

Demar in those Raptors 7s though :shock:

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby TBM on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:12 am

The graphics are looking really good. I'm really disappointed in the animations, though. As mentioned above, they're still really not very good. That seems to be a problem with EA in general. Madden's animations are also pretty bad. EA UFC's too. But yeah, the graphics are on point aside from some bad cyberfaces like Blake's. I wish 2K's shoes looked that good.

I'm uploading the raw file as we speak, by the way.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JBulls on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 am

Animations look as stiff as ever, sigh.
JBulls

Postby kingpnp on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 am

xKrNMBoYx wrote:
Pdub wrote:I remember a few years ago someone posting mocap videos of both 2k and ea and it showed that ea uses less mocap dots on players' backs than 2k and the stiffness of most of their animations is due to the lack of flexibility of the models torso. They may have been on to something.

That's an interesting thought. I think of those dots kind of like joints. The human body has a lot of joints, so the lack of several mocap dots compared to 2K could (makes sense) lead to stiff animations.

lol at you guys actually remembering that post. it was me. i think i had another user name and lost that info back then. i also posted the same thing on OS and got banned for breaking down what live did right back when Elite was about to drop. not fan boy ish. but literally breaking it down. and signed up again on that site did the same thing with this last live 14. broke down some in game video i posted to youtube. showing how live was on to something with their animations/physics. not that the overall game was even close to 2k. but i could see the light. got banned again. they tried to use the "when you're banned you cant sign up again" as an excuse. they let me post for months. but the moment i started breaking it down, with video evidence. bye bye. lol. so i had to come back home to here where people dont see someone with an opinion and a legit breakdown as a troll.
kingpnp

Postby kingpnp on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:58 am

JBulls wrote:Animations look as stiff as ever, sigh.

this is just a trailer. not actual game play. so we're just talking about what we saw. i didnt see "as stiff as ever" animations. i mean as stiff as ever is early build live 14, elite, etc. these were not those animations. are they great? cant call it yet. but are they just as bad as ever? Not on this trailer they're not.

Lets say live 14's animations early build was a 5 outta 10. This trailer has to be no less then a 7. and thats even if you say 2k is a 9 or 10. So again, i see progress. ReAL progress.
kingpnp

Next

Return to NBA Live 15