Inside the NBA studio will be featured in NBA2K15

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Should Leftos remove Clark Kellogg from the game?

Hellz Yeah
77%
Nope
23%

Total votes : 39

Re: Inside the NBA studio will be featured in NBA2K15

Postby crazy_me_87 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 am

StompTheCourt wrote:We are getting Next Gen everything else is a bouns!
anyone that uses the word disappointed in the direction
of this years game should be banned jk (Y)

so true
crazy_me_87

Postby StompTheCourt on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Ernie does a great Shaq impression :lol:
phpBB [video]
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 pm

lol so many hating on Kellogg. I like him very much
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Kevin on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Ernie with the best Shaq impression ever :bowdown: :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby d-fish on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:42 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:lol so many hating on Kellogg. I like him very much

Well, I don't think people are hating him enough. In fact, I believe we should have him removed from the game, the country and possibly the planet. Am I being too harsh? If we launched his ass to another planet, I think it would be good for--not just for us--but him as well. Maybe aliens in other worlds would appreciate his inability to convey his own thoughts and his food metaphors… He talks like someone who's just had a stroke. Sad, really…

And as people have stated before, it kind of doesn't make sense for him to be on an NBA game when he doesn't really analyze or do color commentary for pro games in real life. If he was good at it, we could forgive him, but he just isn't. 95% of all other NBA color commentators are better than him, so why can't they grab one of those guys--hell, any of 'em.

All of my high praise aside, I'd still rather have Kellogg than ANY of the broadcasters from ESPN… I'm so glad they aligned with TNT. Every damn one of the idiots on ESPN suck eggs on wheat toast. Jalen Rose is a moron and that little turd Bill Simmons--how the hell did he get on the show? I like Magic Johnson as a player, but he makes the worst observations and, again, is just not a great communicator. I like Doug Collins okay, but that's about it.
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Postby Kevin on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:48 pm

I like Shaq. Peace out.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Spree#8 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:28 am

Vlad2010 wrote:Why in the poll do not have a neutral response such as "don't care"? I think it needed :D

I think it also needs a "not if his replacement would be Reggie Miller/Magic Johnson/Jalen Rose/Bill Simmons, otherwise go ahead" option.
Spree#8

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:56 am

Spree#8 wrote:
Vlad2010 wrote:Why in the poll do not have a neutral response such as "don't care"? I think it needed :D

I think it also needs a "not if his replacement would be Reggie Miller/Magic Johnson/Jalen Rose/Bill Simmons, otherwise go ahead" option.

Why is everybody hating on Bill Simmons? He might not be very likable but I think he is entertaining.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby [Q] on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:43 am

D-Fish wrote:
SoF'nAwesome wrote:lol so many hating on Kellogg. I like him very much

Well, I don't think people are hating him enough. In fact, I believe we should have him removed from the game, the country and possibly the planet. Am I being too harsh? If we launched his ass to another planet, I think it would be good for--not just for us--but him as well. Maybe aliens in other worlds would appreciate his inability to convey his own thoughts and his food metaphors… He talks like someone who's just had a stroke. Sad, really…

And as people have stated before, it kind of doesn't make sense for him to be on an NBA game when he doesn't really analyze or do color commentary for pro games in real life. If he was good at it, we could forgive him, but he just isn't. 95% of all other NBA color commentators are better than him, so why can't they grab one of those guys--hell, any of 'em.

:applaud:
columbusbobby23 wrote:
Spree#8 wrote:

Why is everybody hating on Bill Simmons? He might not be very likable but I think he is entertaining.

He's a Boston homer
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:38 pm

D-Fish wrote:Well, I don't think people are hating him enough. In fact, I believe we should have him removed from the game, the country and possibly the planet. Am I being too harsh? If we launched his ass to another planet, I think it would be good for--not just for us--but him as well. Maybe aliens in other worlds would appreciate his inability to convey his own thoughts and his food metaphors… He talks like someone who's just had a stroke. Sad, really…

Come on, man. You don't dig "why does it always come back to food, Clark?" :lol:

I want the commentary to be entertaining. Name one guy that cracks more jokes than Clark. There are a lot who are more observant and on-point than him, sure. But the soup jokes are gold, if you get what I mean.

But I understand where you are coming from. To each their own I guess.

Qballer leading the "remove Kellogg" bandwagon I see. :evil:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:23 pm

I could take or leave Kellogg's style myself. I'm not overly bothered by it, but I certainly wouldn't say that I love it, either. However, I think it makes sense to remove/replace him from an authenticity standpoint; I know he does (or did) work broadcasts of Pacers road games, but he's not what I'd call a prominent NBA commentator, not to the level of Kevin Harlan, or Steve Kerr before taking the Warriors job.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby d-fish on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:07 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Come on, man. You don't dig "why does it always come back to food, Clark?" :lol:

I want the commentary to be entertaining. Name one guy that cracks more jokes than Clark. There are a lot who are more observant and on-point than him, sure. But the soup jokes are gold, if you get what I mean.

But I understand where you are coming from. To each their own I guess.

haha! I honestly think he gets on Steve Kerr's nerves. I mean, in the setting, Steve can't say "Dammit, Clark! What the hell are you talking about, man?!" So, I do actually think that food comment might be more sincere than acting on Steve's behalf. And yeah, we all like who we like for whatever reasons… but I think he's just not an NBA guy and it makes less sense for him to be there. But that beady-eyed little twerp, Bill Simmons… ugh… I'd like to pick Jalen Rose up by the feet and smash Bill. When a game is on ESPN/ABC, I turn it till the half-time is over. That whole crew makes me physically ill. Oh God! I just thought about Bill Simmons smiling… I'm gonna be sick… I gotta go!
d-fish

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:09 pm

What about Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby d-fish on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Andrew wrote:What about Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy?

Breen is fine, but Van Gundy is insane--sometimes it can be entertaining, but sometimes I'm not sure if he's being wacky or if he's just stupid. Like his rule-changing rants. Overall, I don't know what it is… I'm just not big on any ESPN sports broadcasts… I'm glad I have LEAGUE PASS, cause I almost ALWAYS like the local color commentators than any of the major cable networks and definitely ABC. But all of the TNT crew are entertaining, and after seeing the latest game trailer, I'm so glad they are aligned with the TNT crew and not ABC/ESPN.
d-fish

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:23 pm

I'm a fan of Van Gundy, but I do kind of agree with you. He does take it a bit too far sometimes. As far as play-by-play goes, I do really enjoy Breen's work.

Mark Jackson though...yeah, not a fan of him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBulls on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I love Van Gundy and his rule changing rants, probably because I've always agreed with him lol.
JBulls

Postby d-fish on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Andrew wrote:Mark Jackson though...yeah, not a fan of him.

Yeah, I was going to say something, but I was already hatin' on everybody, I didn't figure I needed to start on Mark Jackson.

JBulls wrote:I love Van Gundy and his rule changing rants, probably because I've always agreed with him lol.

haha! Wow… I'd keep that to myself, JBulls… All kidding aside, I sometimes agree with him too (SOMETIMES, mind you), but there are times he sounds like a mad man, and I think they're going to have to wheel him out of there in a Hannibal Lecter dolly...
d-fish

Postby JBulls on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 pm

D-Fish wrote:haha! Wow… I'd keep that to myself, JBulls… All kidding aside, I sometimes agree with him too (SOMETIMES, mind you), but there are times he sounds like a mad man, and I think they're going to have to wheel him out of there in a Hannibal Lecter dolly...

For example? I agreed with him about the 2-2-1-1-1 finals format, not resetting the shot clock to 5 seconds in a jump ball situation if the team with last possession already had less time than that, and something else I can't remember. :oops:
JBulls

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:19 pm

JBulls wrote:
D-Fish wrote:haha! Wow… I'd keep that to myself, JBulls… All kidding aside, I sometimes agree with him too (SOMETIMES, mind you), but there are times he sounds like a mad man, and I think they're going to have to wheel him out of there in a Hannibal Lecter dolly...

For example? I agreed with him about the 2-2-1-1-1 finals format, not resetting the shot clock to 5 seconds in a jump ball situation if the team with last possession already had less time than that, and something else I can't remember. :oops:

Flopping? Flopping pisses him off more than anybody I know.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby d-fish on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 am

JBulls wrote:For example? I agreed with him about the 2-2-1-1-1 finals format, not resetting the shot clock to 5 seconds in a jump ball situation if the team with last possession already had less time than that, and something else I can't remember. :oops:

Yeah, those are some good ones. Ones that I remember as well… but when he's wrong or off point, though… it gets scary.
d-fish

Postby ChicagoBulls24 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:43 am

I wouldn't mind having this added to the game if it was possible to, Alternate commentary duos or trios. Like for example Kevin Harlin-Reggie Miller-C-Webb as the main guys, then Marv Albert-Mike Fertello-Greg Anthony as the back up group that comes in from time to time,and for special events like All Star Weekend have Kevin Harlin,Shaq and Maybe Kenny,C-Webb or Chuck pop up doing the special events during ASW. But it's a thought of mine that I thought would be good to share. Also one last thing the enthusiasm and atmosphere needs to be improved in the game. Hopefully this could added on to NBA 2K16 and beyond............
ChicagoBulls24

Postby JBulls on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:40 am

columbusbobby23 wrote:Flopping? Flopping pisses him off more than anybody I know.

What did he say about flopping in terms of rule changing rants? lol

D-Fish wrote:Yeah, those are some good ones. Ones that I remember as well… but when he's wrong or off point, though… it gets scary.

I guess I haven't come across his broadcasts enough times to experience that lol.
JBulls

Postby Manni Live on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:49 am

KevinParker13 wrote:I like Shaq. Peace out.

Really? Dont you think he tries to hard sometimes?

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:37 am

JBulls wrote:
columbusbobby23 wrote:Flopping? Flopping pisses him off more than anybody I know.

What did he say about flopping in terms of rule changing rants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMY7IWVX0JA
ColumbusBobby23

Postby JBulls on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:53 am

columbusbobby23 wrote:
JBulls wrote:

What did he say about flopping in terms of rule changing rants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMY7IWVX0JA

Haha, that was hilarious :lol:. I will agree that flopping is still a problem, even after they implemented fines for doing it. But to accuse the NBA of condoning it, come on now :roll:
JBulls

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15