Hands-On Impressions (MMGN.com)

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Hands-On Impressions (MMGN.com)

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:16 pm

NBA Live 15’s transition could win back fans: Hands-on preview

It’s been a long road back for a franchise crippled by a lack of innovation. Throughout the ‘00s, NBA Live’s annual releases stagnated as it struggled in the transition to the Xbox 360 and PS3. This lead to its eventual demise in 2010 as 2K Sports’ NBA 2K series blitzed ahead quicker than a Clippers fast break.

It was heartbreaking for me, someone that had grown up playing the NBA Live series since its beginnings in 1994, right as Jordan mania spread across the globe. Ironically, just as the series had lampooned itself to the top on the back of Jordan’s Bulls, the series’ 2010 collapse was just as rapid and crushing as the Bulls’ fall from grace after Jordan’s retirement.

Five years since NBA Live 10, and after disastrous launch attempts with NBA Elite 11 and NBA Live 13, not to mention last year’s frustratingly poor reboot, NBA Live 15 has a lot of ground to make up. Thankfully, this year’s game is more than just a step in the right direction: it’s a late-season push for that final playoff spot.

Sounds promising, confirms a few of the things that Sean mentioned in his interview with us.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Hands-On Impressions (MMGN.com)

Postby Kevin on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Hyped for nba live 15. I hope this is a good one
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:05 am

After last years gamespot review of 4.0, I'm surprised to see some quite positive comments.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 am

Too bad we have to wait a little bit longer to hear about the in-game atmosphere, that's something I'm looking forward to see if it was improved, especially celebrations after game winners, and big shots. It hit two big shots in Live 14 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10lw5_ ... FnywpW_jdg) and it felt so lack luster. Little things like that matter
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 15