Video Tutorials - How To Make Cyberfaces+Headshapes The Easiest Way

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K14.

Re: Video Tutorials - How To Make Cyberfaces+Headshapes The Easiest Way

Postby molinadhominick on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks Bruh for the help i'm now a cf maker thanks fella.
molinadhominick

Postby molinadhominick on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 pm

can i use other versions of blender? :)))
molinadhominick

Postby chirobee on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:06 am

finally someone made this tutorial that i've been looking for xD .. now i can continue creating my own CF :v .. thank you very much for this bro :D .. really hope that i can make some good 1 and share it here in the near future xD
chirobee

Postby R4zoR on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:22 am

molinadhominick wrote:can i use other versions of blender? :)))

Well i'm not telling you to get it 100%, like forcing you into it, but i'm preferring it, to have no problems when editing.

chirobee wrote:finally someone made this tutorial that i've been looking for xD .. now i can continue creating my own CF :v .. thank you very much for this bro :D .. really hope that i can make some good 1 and share it here in the near future xD

Well as i said, that was the point of making this, to help each other out, maybe when i'll be out of patching, you'll come up and fill in the spot, good luck. ;)
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:39 am

R4zor Ive been trying but i cant really ley the picture show in blender. I mean I can put textures to the model but I cant figure out how to put the picture. Any thoughts?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby R4zoR on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:21 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:R4zor Ive been trying but i cant really ley the picture show in blender. I mean I can put textures to the model but I cant figure out how to put the picture. Any thoughts?

Watch the video lol? i showed it a few times on how to get it on. :)
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:11 pm

R4zoR wrote:
KevinParker13 wrote:R4zor Ive been trying but i cant really ley the picture show in blender. I mean I can put textures to the model but I cant figure out how to put the picture. Any thoughts?

Watch the video lol? i showed it a few times on how to get it on. :)

Trust me, that was exactly what I did and it was still a no-no.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Are you loading the picture but it just isn't showing up on the mesh editing window? There should be a toggle setting for viewing and hiding the background image.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chirobee on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:20 pm

have the same problem with kev .. but i manage to view the image the 1st time i tried this then the next day i just dont know what happen and nothing showing up now .. tried to follow your video the possible that i can but still nothing is showing ..
chirobee

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 am

Does this help?

Yahoo Answers by GOOGLING wrote: Make sure when you activate your background reference and load it in blender first then switch to the Orthographic viewport which can be accessed by pressing "5" in the numpad which will turn you from perspective view to orthographic view and vice versa.
And you may need to press "1" or "3 or "7" while in orthographic view which are the front view, the side view and top view respectively in order to see your background reference and start modeling.
Hope this help out!
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am

Will try this out later. Thanks Pdub
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby R4zoR on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:56 am

KevinParker13 wrote:Will try this out later. Thanks Pdub

Let us know on the progress u make with it later on ;)
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:06 am

will this tutorial teach me how to make super mega ultra realistic 6666x6666 made out of carved stone from Egypt faces?
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby R4zoR on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:15 pm

zzcoolj21 wrote:will this tutorial teach me how to make super mega ultra realistic 6666x6666 made out of carved stone from Egypt faces?

Yes :D pretty much.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby JohnnyTest on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Could this be used in 1024x1024 faces?
JohnnyTest

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Ive done it. So, yeah
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby JohnnyTest on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Same procedure?
JohnnyTest

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm

Yes. Make the image size larger tho.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:49 am

Pdub wrote:Does this help?

Yahoo Answers by GOOGLING wrote: Make sure when you activate your background reference and load it in blender first then switch to the Orthographic viewport which can be accessed by pressing "5" in the numpad which will turn you from perspective view to orthographic view and vice versa.
And you may need to press "1" or "3 or "7" while in orthographic view which are the front view, the side view and top view respectively in order to see your background reference and start modeling.
Hope this help out!

Sadly, that didnt fix it. May I know if the version you are using is 2.69? Oh and what format should I save the hair dds file.?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:23 am

I searched the issue on Google and that was the best I could find. Try YouTube. There might be some tutorials that show an image in the 3d window. Try looking up the keyword "tracing"
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 1373 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 pm

i have a question.
what i should do in order blender look likes yours when i import the file??

Postby TBM on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Am I the only one who noticed the SmackDown vs RAW/DoR soundtrack going on in the background of the videos? Haha.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Vespasian92 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:59 am

I'm running into a problem I can't find an answer to online. I'm trying to create a brand new face for someone not in 2k already, which might be the cause of my issue.

After I put in my png. of the face that matches my headshape (Gibson), get my desired face as the background image (Eric Moreland), and align the elements, I cannot clone the UV map. UVmap is not even an option in the settings for the texture paint. Both in the 'stencil' and the "Clone from UVmap" dropdowns, the only option is 0-1. The texture tool obviously doesn't work correctly when I try it as 0-1.
Vespasian92

Postby R4zoR on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 pm

Vespasian92 wrote:I'm running into a problem I can't find an answer to online. I'm trying to create a brand new face for someone not in 2k already, which might be the cause of my issue.

After I put in my png. of the face that matches my headshape (Gibson), get my desired face as the background image (Eric Moreland), and align the elements, I cannot clone the UV map. UVmap is not even an option in the settings for the texture paint. Both in the 'stencil' and the "Clone from UVmap" dropdowns, the only option is 0-1. The texture tool obviously doesn't work correctly when I try it as 0-1.

I had shown that in the video 100%, just press the plus on the drop down list on the right side next to the 0-1. Look at the video again, cause i can't help much anymore, cause i'm too busy atm.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Vespasian92 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:35 pm

R4zoR wrote:
Vespasian92 wrote:I'm running into a problem I can't find an answer to online. I'm trying to create a brand new face for someone not in 2k already, which might be the cause of my issue.

I had shown that in the video 100%, just press the plus on the drop down list on the right side next to the 0-1. Look at the video again, cause i can't help much anymore, cause i'm too busy atm.

I don't know what I did wrong before, but something got fucked up on the UV map itself somehow. It's working ok now after I restarted everything. The tutorial's excellent btw, so thanks.
Vespasian92

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Tutorials & FAQs