Video Tutorials - How To Make Cyberfaces+Headshapes The Easiest Way

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K14.

Video Tutorials - How To Make Cyberfaces+Headshapes The Easiest Way

Postby R4zoR on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Just wanted to share this, no point of me keeping this anymore, because i don't know if i'll even be patching next year.

The will to help out everyone is just better for me at this point, this technique will help out the people

Who want to get better at cf making in general and just help out the mod's like NCAA have better cf's quicker and better, so the later mods won't be unfinished.

And atleast give me a thanks for making this, always great to see people showing atleast some respect for the spent time.
I'm thankful to KingDareal, cause we were the first one's knowing about such thing, atleast from the old pes days. But yea i'm not going to keep this away from everyone anymore, i'm not getting any money from this anyways.

But yea i'll try to answer any questions from these 2 videos. If you don't undestand something, feel free to ask. I'll might add some video responses to those questions, it just depends if it's late at my place or not lol.

The cf making in general has gotten easier this past year for me, because of the new blender being compatible with the nba2k models.
I was listening to some music btw, i always do that when i'm making something, just saying, it makes you relaxed lol.
The video is in 2 parts.
First Part:
Main Knowledge from this:
Headshape editing, what i'm using, getting the real pic to load on blender, using it to get better results, UV Map
45 Minutes Long
phpBB [video]

Second Part:
Main Knowledge from this:
Blender texturizing, using the new made texture to match the colors up with the default 2k texture, alpha making(green,white, gray), DDS talk, making the textures look better.
18 Minutes Long

phpBB [video]

UPDATED 7/11/2014
CORRECT io_n2km included

Also the files that you will need(CF Id's,blender files,texture files,headshot links,what programs to use, where to get them)
Last edited by R4zoR on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 Modding by JaoSming on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:51 am.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Re: Video Tutorials - How To Make Cyberfaces+Headshapes The Easiest Way

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm

Thank god for this. This will surely help me and others. Thank you so much R4zoR
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Healer2k on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:08 am

thanks R4zoR, (Y) (Y)
Healer2k

Postby Angelo on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:12 am

Now more cf patchers will come :lol: good job bro Rytis :)
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby R4zoR on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:32 am

KevinParker13 wrote:Thank god for this. This will surely help me and others. Thank you so much R4zoR

No problemo man, let me know, if you'll have any problems later on.

iamej17 wrote:thanks R4zoR, (Y) (Y)

Thanks for replying.

Kris wrote:Now more cf patchers will come :lol: good job bro Rytis :)

Sure thing my brother, that's the first thing for me atleast.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby monja on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:39 am

Finally, something that explains headshape editing. Thanks a lot for this tutorial! (Y)
Consider supporting my work by donating here:
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/mnjpata ... le.x=en_US
monja

Postby retromanas on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:19 am

Good job man (Y)
retromanas

Postby R4zoR on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:58 am

MONJA. wrote:Finally, something that explains headshape editing. Thanks a lot for this tutorial! (Y)

retromanas wrote:Good job man (Y)

No problem, glad to help out.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Vash.B on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:09 am

This is an awesome video man and it'll definitely help out a lot of people. Thanks for the contribution.

One thing I want to say: Looks like you were only using Edit Mode for the duration of that Blender video. I don't claim to be an amazing CF maker or anything like that but I highly enjoy using sculpt mode and it allows you to drag around and transform parts of the headshape pretty easily and quickly. Curious as to why it seems very little people in the CF community use the sculpt tool. Is there something I'm missing?
Vash.B

Postby R4zoR on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:16 am

Vash.B wrote:This is an awesome video man and it'll definitely help out a lot of people. Thanks for the contribution.

One thing I want to say: Looks like you were only using Edit Mode for the duration of that Blender video. I don't claim to be an amazing CF maker or anything like that but I highly enjoy using sculpt mode and it allows you to drag around and transform parts of the headshape pretty easily and quickly. Curious as to why it seems very little people in the CF community use the sculpt tool. Is there something I'm missing?

Just 100% real talk to you, sculpt mode is total garbage, that's why no one uses it, because most of the time you use it, it messes up the edges and the head looks like it got beaten up a few times. And why would you use sculpt mode, if editing with proportional editing is just as easy as it can get. Just my mind on it. Stick with the basics, that's why i made it like that, don't want people to make monsters or sth lmao.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Vash.B on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:55 am

R4zoR wrote:
Vash.B wrote:This is an awesome video man and it'll definitely help out a lot of people. Thanks for the contribution.

Just 100% real talk to you, sculpt mode is total garbage, that's why no one uses it, because most of the time you use it, it messes up the edges and the head looks like it got beaten up a few times. And why would you use sculpt mode, if editing with proportional editing is just as easy as it can get. Just my mind on it. Stick with the basics, that's why i made it like that, don't want people to make monsters or sth lmao.

I think sculpt mode can be highly effective if used properly. If you have the Symmetry options on everything you do to one side of your CF will happen to the other in order to keep things proportional. And the smooth tool prevents all the issues you could run into with jagged polygons and beat up looking faces. But it's just preference here.
Vash.B

Postby R4zoR on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

Well u pretty much answered your own opinion. "Preference here". So i prefer the edit mode more..
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Rob Owen on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 am

Wow! Thanks for this bro. (y)
Rob Owen

Postby suirad on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 am

Awesome. u always were a leader my friend (Y)
suirad

Postby RICH72601 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:26 am

Man, it's crazy because I was just about to PM you to see if you could direct me to a good UV mapping tutorial. Great stuff bro. Can't wait to try this out.
RICH72601

Postby R4zoR on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:47 am

Rob Owen wrote:Wow! Thanks for this bro. (y)

suirad wrote:Awesome. u always were a leader my friend (Y)

RICH72601 wrote:Man, it's crazy because I was just about to PM you to see if you could direct me to a good UV mapping tutorial. Great stuff bro. Can't wait to try this out.

Thank you guys for watching and listening to my fucked up english for an hour lol.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby vnardella5 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:17 am

nice man really nice and i know i appreciate it a lot...will definitely try to get one out using something like this method
Last edited by vnardella5 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
vnardella5

Postby vnardella5 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:16 am

i seem to be having a prolem with placing my python files in the blender folder..i dont have a .blender folder when i installed..

im so confused on this..it seems like u renamed the files..
Last edited by vnardella5 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
vnardella5

Postby Wilt Chamberlain on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 am

Great work :applaud: thanks (Y)
Wilt Chamberlain

Postby vnardella5 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:32 am

vnardella5 wrote:i seem to be having a prolem with placing my python files in the blender folder..i dont have a .blender folder when i installed..

im so confused on this..it seems like u renamed the files..

if u make a short tutorial on how to get the files u included in the zip and make them work..ill love you forever lol...idk what to rename them, where to put them, how to get them on etc..the current vids ae a lil confusing
vnardella5

Postby Kevin on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:17 am

Watch Jao's videos on installinng blender files correctly
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby vnardella5 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:22 am

KevinParker13 wrote:Watch Jao's videos on installinng blender files correctly

i know but it is different with this version it seems
vnardella5

Postby vnardella5 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:30 am

nvm on that..razor just included the wrong files for thaat..i did a quick searc for io_n2km and i found the correct file
vnardella5

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Excellent stuff R. Thanks for the work. Great for the community.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to NBA 2K14 Tutorials & FAQs