DREAM TO REALITY - 2014 NBA Draft... 1st pick is...

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- 2K14 Story

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:55 am

STEVE KERR: NO INTEREST IN COACHING KNICKS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Bernie Younger | ESPNNewYork.com | Updated: 8 June 2014

NEW YORK -- Steve Kerr has rejected Phil Jackson's approach to coach the New York Knicks.

Sources stated that Kerr is looking to other opportunities around the League and informed Jackson a few days ago that he wishes to stay on the west coast because of his family.

"My family is settled on this side of the country," Kerr told ESPN.com yesterday in a conference call, "I am humbled that Phil came calling for me first. I just cannot relocate right now." It is said that Kerr is in no rush to becoming a Head Coach and is currently enjoying his current position as an analyst.

Jackson could not be reached for comment but it is widely expected that the Knicks intend to wait until after the NBA Finals to be able to speak to Thunder point guard Derek Fisher about the opening. The Knicks will not speak to Denver's Brian Shaw, Clippers' Tyronn Lue, nor Luke Walton.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- 2014 NBA Playoffs: East + Kerr

Postby Martti. on Mon May 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Wow, trading that pick took balls. I'd take Wiggins/Parker/Embiid over real life resemblance any day. :D,

And hiring Derek Fisher would make sense, especially for you. #getderekfishertotheskillschallenge.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Martti. wrote:Wow, trading that pick took balls. I'd take Wiggins/Parker/Embiid over real life resemblance any day. :D,

And hiring Derek Fisher would make sense, especially for you. #getderekfishertotheskillschallenge.

Thanks bro. Yeah, I was crying when I decided to do it. :)

And man oh man is this part of the forum dead these days. Where is everybody?
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon May 26, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- calling NLSCers... Bye Mike...

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 26, 2014 9:47 pm

BULLS TAKE SERIES LEAD ON ROSE BUZZER BEATER
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 16 June 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Derrick Rose has put the Chicago Bulls ahead in the 2014 NBA Finals 3-2 with an amazing buzzer beating floater over Russell Westbrook on the Thunder's home court to cap a 115-114 win.

Kevin Durant explained the loss in one word, "devastating."

Derrick Rose scored 31 points for the Bulls but it was Carlos Boozer who led the side with a surprise 40 point explosion. Boozer's second highest points total in his playoff career was what kept the Bulls in the game allowing for Rose's late heroics.

The two teams were neck and neck for much of the game. Kevin Durant had 45 of his own points while Westbrook added 31 points, 8 rebounds and 12 assists.

The Thunder now must win away in Game 6 to keep the series alive and face a tough task to win the championship with Game 7 also to be played on the Bulls' home floor.

"We didn't capitalize on the opportunities we had tonight," Scott Brooks said, "We need to win the hard way now."

2014 NBA Finals

Game 1 – OKC at CHI – 90-101
Game 2 – OKC at CHI - 97-87
Game 3 – CHI at OKC – 108-112
Game 4 – CHI at OKC – 101–97
Game 5 – CHI at OKC – 115–114
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed May 28, 2014 1:16 am

Sit wrote:
Martti. wrote:Wow, trading that pick took balls. I'd take Wiggins/Parker/Embiid over real life resemblance any day. :D,

That's why I gave you and out by changing history of Melo deal to make that pick lottery protected this year then trade next year's pick to Nuggets. Up to you though. It is more realistic to see what you will do with current Knicks & harder without that top 3 pick but at the same time it's got to be fun.

Everybody is gone it seems. I have no time to read stories or even go on forums these days, let alone play 2K. I'm only on now because I did work from home late at night & procrastinating sleep.

But yep, I think it could be a number of things. 2K in both gens now has more robust Association mode than it ever use to, which includes historical information. It keeps you up-to-date on league happenings so you don't need to post to remember. You have to remember when we and other dynasty heads first played bball games they often only had season or very basic dynasty modes with no history kept. You had generic draft classes which you often couldn't edit (unless dbf edit on PC like we use to back in the day). We had to use our imagination to fill in gaps. There are also other game modes such as My Career and BIG moments that take people away from dynasty mode.

I'd love to be able to have a dynasty story again but I'd have to get really into a new 2K to do it plus give up sleep completely.

I think the section is a rolling ball & it'll just take a few dedicated indivduals (on top of the usuals who are still here) to get it moving again.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- ECF, Kerr, No pick, NBA Finals 2014

Postby Martti. on Wed May 28, 2014 1:30 am

2K's association mode on PC/XBOX 360/PS3 hasn't changed pretty much over the last 4 years, if next gen comes out on PC or more people get the Next-Gen consoles, perhaps it will pick up. It has been quiet.. We got like 5 stories by Thierry a month in the old days, now we get 5 in total a month.

I hope the Bulls win it, would be a nice change (as the Heat are out).
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby dare on Wed May 28, 2014 7:24 am

Actually more stories has been popping out lately. Which is good to see.

Chicago shows why defense wins championship.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Wed May 28, 2014 10:30 pm

ROSE INJURED, THUNDER STAY ALIVE

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 19 June 2014

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose got his hand to the ball in mid-air and knocked it forward. He landed on his feet and instead of getting the ball to finish the fast break - he grimaced in pain and held onto his finger. Rose left the game in the third quarter and didn't return after he suffered a dislocated finger.

That was the end of the game for the Bulls as the Thunder romped to a 107-91 Game 6 win to even the series at 3 games apiece.

Rose, the emotional leader of the team, had scored 23 points. The Bulls were down by just 4 points when he left the game. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook however made sure that they would have a chance to steal this one.

Durant finished with 26 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists and Westbrook added 24 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists. The Bulls have the home court advantage in Game 7 but given Rose's injury and the Thunder's super duo, Chicago's chances to win it all seem slim now.

"Man, I feel bad for D-Rose," Westbrook said after the game, "I know what he feels like when I think back to last season. But I'm still coming out hard next game because there's a championship on the line."

2014 NBA Finals

Game 6 – OKC at CHI – 107–91
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed May 28, 2014 10:32 pm

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:

That's why I gave you and out by changing history of Melo deal to make that pick lottery protected this year then trade next year's pick to Nuggets. Up to you though. It is more realistic to see what you will do with current Knicks & harder without that top 3 pick but at the same time it's got to be fun.

Everybody is gone it seems. I have no time to read stories or even go on forums these days, let alone play 2K. I'm only on now because I did work from home late at night & procrastinating sleep.

But yep, I think it could be a number of things. 2K in both gens now has more robust Association mode than it ever use to, which includes historical information. It keeps you up-to-date on league happenings so you don't need to post to remember. You have to remember when we and other dynasty heads first played bball games they often only had season or very basic dynasty modes with no history kept. You had generic draft classes which you often couldn't edit (unless dbf edit on PC like we use to back in the day). We had to use our imagination to fill in gaps. There are also other game modes such as My Career and BIG moments that take people away from dynasty mode.

I'd love to be able to have a dynasty story again but I'd have to get really into a new 2K to do it plus give up sleep completely.

I think the section is a rolling ball & it'll just take a few dedicated indivduals (on top of the usuals who are still here) to get it moving again.

Glad to know that maybe I can give you procrastination-worthy reading material late-night on top of your busy schedule. ;)

Martti. wrote:2K's association mode on PC/XBOX 360/PS3 hasn't changed pretty much over the last 4 years, if next gen comes out on PC or more people get the Next-Gen consoles, perhaps it will pick up. It has been quiet.. We got like 5 stories by Thierry a month in the old days, now we get 5 in total a month.

I hope the Bulls win it, would be a nice change (as the Heat are out).

LOL - Thierry's legend lives on.

dare wrote:Actually more stories has been popping out lately. Which is good to see.

Chicago shows why defense wins championship.

Yes - I hope I can get mines going online and consistent. :)
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- NBA Finals 2014 - Game 6

Postby The X on Thu May 29, 2014 5:57 am

I'd laugh if Rose doesn't play game 7 due to a dislocated finger :lol:

Hope Durant & OKC get it done. A few Steven Adams' elbows to Noah are all that is needed to finish the series (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri May 30, 2014 1:16 am

The X wrote:I'd laugh if Rose doesn't play game 7 due to a dislocated finger :lol:

Hope Durant & OKC get it done. A few Steven Adams' elbows to Noah are all that is needed to finish the series (Y)

Rose decided to sit out Game 7 :P
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Fri May 30, 2014 7:30 am

Let's go Bulls!!

Dynasty section has always had it's ups and downs, but yeah, it's pretty dead lately. I blame 2k not updating current gen and NBA live sucking. I might be tempted to get back in the game but it would be low key and maybe resurrecting an old story.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Sat May 31, 2014 12:13 am

Lamrock wrote:Let's go Bulls!!

Dynasty section has always had it's ups and downs, but yeah, it's pretty dead lately. I blame 2k not updating current gen and NBA live sucking. I might be tempted to get back in the game but it would be low key and maybe resurrecting an old story.

Yep. I recently went through ALIB III and man oh man was it going off in the heyday about 3 years ago. There was so much activity back then. Hopefully, we can boost it back up to that standard!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat May 31, 2014 2:47 pm

THUNDER ROUT ROSE-LESS BULLS FOR NBA TITLE

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 23 June 2014

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose will be criticized for the rest of his career as the Bulls came up short in their bid for an NBA championship. Rose sat out the game due to injury and this has already caused a stir in Chicago with its fans booing their star player during the first quarter of Game 7. It was this first quarter that sealed the Bulls' losing date as they were behind quickly and ended the first quarter down 26-6.

Chicago did try to manufacture a comebakc win and played stifling defence during the third quarter to mount a mini-comeback. They were able to pull the margin back to 10 points but couldn't sustain it as they were behind 67-53 at third quarter time. The Thunder ultimately completed the Game 7 win with a 90-74 scoreline.

Kevin Durant was named Finals MVP after averaging 26.4 ppg (52 FG%, 35 3PT%, 85 FT%), 8.9 rpg, 6.4 apg, 1.6 bpg, 1.2 spg for the series. Durant had 32 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists in Game 7. Russell Westbrook was not far behind as he had 19 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds.

Carlos Boozer heads into free agency after finishing with a respectable 24 points and 8 rebounds. DJ Augustin struggled mightily to fill in for Rose as he scored 12 points on 5 of 16 shooting.

The talk after the finals however will be all about Rose and his failure to suit up for Game 7.

2014 NBA Finals

Game 6 – OKC at CHI – 107–91
Game 7 – OKC at CHI – 90-74
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- NBA Finals 2014 - Game 7

Postby dare on Sat May 31, 2014 11:19 pm

Wow Rose did not play, that dislocated finger might be worse than we think. lol
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:38 am

Damn. 74 points. Sounds like the Rose-less Bulls we know and love!
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:06 am

:lol: classic, doesn't get much better than that
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:40 pm

dare wrote:Wow Rose did not play, that dislocated finger might be worse than we think. lol

Lamrock wrote:Damn. 74 points. Sounds like the Rose-less Bulls we know and love!

The X wrote::lol: classic, doesn't get much better than that

Yep - I was shocked he was not playing and listed as day-to-day. LOL
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:13 pm

FOREWORD

New York is such a great city and I came back knowing that the hopes of the people of NYC could be inspired by the on-court success of their basketball team - the New York Knickerbockers.

Nothing much had happened since those two championship titles in 1970 and 1973. The Knicks had years and years of Patrick Ewing trying to will the team to a title. It's a shame that he was playing in an era that just so happened to include MJ and the Bulls as well as Dream and the Rockets. That said, the Knicks just weren't good enough to get over the hump and salt was rubbed in Ewing's wounds when the Knicks contested the 1999 NBA Finals without their warrior leader.

Next came the Isiah Thomas era, which was a large chunk of Knicks history everyone wants to forget.

It's particularly forgetful especially if you have Stephon Marbury as your starting point guard/face of the franchise. How can a city be inspired by the likes of Starbury and the next great big men of the NBA: Jerome James and Eddy Curry. Later, Thomas was gone and the team hired Mike D'Antoni as their head coach. Amare Stoudemire signed with the team instead of Lebron James and Chris Bosh. Amare was a hit for a while but has since been missing in action. His suspected killer is Carmelo Anthony. Somewhere in between Isiah's rain and the arrival of Melo was Nate Robinson becoming a rich man thanks to playing for a shit team. That midget put up big numbers on a bad team. God bless him.

2014 was when I came to bring a change to the Knicks' culture. I came here thinking that I could help in making this franchise become relevant again. All of the 'big teams' have had their success. The Bulls, Lakers, Celtics, Heat had all performed since the 1980s and won championships. The only thing missing form there was our team.

I was asked to write and record my experiences throughout the years by my publicist. I was told it would be fitting to write another book that could be added to the collection of memoirs of famous basketball personnel. I suppose that, for myself, writing also acted as a release in tough times. This is what has kept me sane.

Now after all of these years of highs and lows, I have now been asked to make available my experiences. Looking back, I smile when I think about the uncertainty that we faced as a staff coming back to New York. I came to New York with a dream to help bring a championship to New York but most importantly to make a difference. I love the feeling of walking down the street and everyday New Yorkers thanking our team for bringing them some extra buzz in their lives.

And this story is how we made this dream into a reality.
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- NBA Champs + Foreword

Postby Martti. on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:59 am

Rose will be criticized, even in the virtual NBA. :D Sucks they lost though...

I think you'll do wonders with the Knicks, get rid of Amar'e and Bargnani first off.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:22 am

Missing a game due to dislocated finger wtf you've got to be kidding me 2K :turrible:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:40 pm

TIM DUNCAN RETIRES FROM NBA

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 25 June 2014

SAN ANTONIO -- Tim Duncan retired from basketball this morning and made it clear that he would likely live a post-NBA life of recluse.

The Spurs legend, 38 years old, just completed his 18th NBA season. He averaged a solid 18 points, 9.3 rebounds, 1.8 blocks, 2.7 assists over 70 games. He had started 66 of those games. His career statistics stand at a healthy 20 PPG, 11 RPG, 3 APG, and 2.2 BPG. Duncan started 1244 games for the whole of his career and finished with 1250 games played.

The 15 time All-Star, 3 time Finals MVP, and 2 time regular season MVP was also a 4 time NBA champion with titles coming in 1999, 2003, 2005, and 2007. Duncan is the reason that the San Antonio Spurs will go down as one of the best basketball franchises in the NBA.

"It's a sad day for the NBA," teammate Manu Ginobili reflected, "Timmy teamed up with Pop. They are one of the best duos the game will ever see."

Duncan is expected to be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Other Retirees

Shane Battier: Age - 35, Years Pro - 14, Draft - 2001 6th overall pick, Achievements - 2-time champion with the Heat, Career - 8.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1 spg, 39 3PT%

Jason Terry: Age - 36, Years Pro - 15, Draft - 1999 10th overall pick, Achievements - 1-time champion with the Mavs, 2009 Sixth Man, Career - 15.6 ppg, 4.4 apg

Derek Fisher: Age - 39, Years Pro - 19, Draft - 1996 24th overall pick, Achievements - 6-time champion with Lakers and Thunder (2000, 01, 02, 09, 10, 14), Career - 8.2 ppg, 3 apg, 371 3PT%
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- Updated 7-6-14

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:51 pm

JACKSON NOT IN HURRY TO TALK TO CARMELO ANTHONY

By Bernie Younger | ESPNNewYork.com | Updated: 25 June 2014

NEW YORK -- The Zen Master is teaching everyone to be calm before the storm. Jackson told press that he would be attending the NBA Draft even though the Knicks do not hold any picks. He also stated that he was not too worried about the prospect of losing Carmelo Anthony in free agency.

Many are worried that the Knicks to come up empty-handed this Summer but none of that angst has seemed to have gotten to Jackson. The man who guided the Bulls and Lakers to 11 NBA titles has everyone hoping that there is a method to his madness.

"I don't see the need to talk to Carmelo until after the Draft," Jackson indicated, "We don't even have a coach yet."
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- Updated 7-6-14

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:03 pm

SOURCE: ROSE MIGHT DEMAND TRADE

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 25 June 2014

LOS ANGELES -- There is increasing speculation and talk of Derrick Rose being on his way out from the Chicago Bulls after his controversial NBA Finals 'no-show' in Game 7 against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Sources have stated that Rose is unhappy since the trading away of Luol Deng. He is also unhappy of the thought of the Bulls playing at a 'lottery' level next season.

One source said on anonymity, "Rose does not have faith in the front office to build a strong contender. He thought his team was lucky to make the Finals." There has also been rumors that Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah and Rose have had a testy season with Noah insulting Rose by calling him 'soft' at the start of this year.

Rose has been deflecting criticism since missing Game 7. Many have questioned why he would sit out such an important game. Rose has insisted that he had been hurt with 'more than a dislocated finger'.

Two teams expected to be interested in Rose are the Minnesota Timberwolves and Memphis Grizzlies.
Fresh8

Re: DREAM TO REALITY - Updated 7-6-14

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:35 am

Trade Melo for Rose!
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood