NBA Street 2K14 Finale Released - Thanks to RICH72601 & HAWK23!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA Street 2K14 - Early Release w/ Placeholder Courts

Postby carlo1254 on Fri May 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Nice!It's very enjoying. But im wondering, you solely tweak the gameplay using the roster file, so it means the default slider set is the best to use? It's unusual & Im new to your Street mods so... that. Another, I just noticed East All-Star uniform is missing. Not a big deal tho, just in case u haven't seen it yet. (fixed by renaming uxh007 to sxh007)
carlo1254

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 23, 2014 8:45 pm

thanks for the east uniform messup, i missed that

I actually use casual sliders still, on top of all the edits. I also turn off all rules except for out of bounds and shot clock. Its all what you want to experience though
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Reaperwolverine on Sat May 24, 2014 2:33 am

awesome mod

although you missed some nicknames (Jeff Green - Ironman, Avery Bradley - Zero Tolerance)

Also suggestion - Kevin 'Muffins' Durant
Maybe You Don't Remember How NASTY Vince Carter used to be....

Frederic Weis Does.
Reaperwolverine

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 24, 2014 3:05 am

the nicknames were the toughest part of this tbh. You can search and find a nickname for probably every player, so I used b-r as the limiter since it seemed to only have the nicknames that have truly stuck with a player (other than Greatness and I think one or two others). I might make a Google doc that is publicly editable though and get a full list with help from you guys and hopefully /r/nba too, maybe.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby carlo1254 on Sat May 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Im not sure if this problem is w/ my PC, 2k14, or this mod itself. This was the time i experienced this though.
In these last 2 games, I encountered something weird. In the 1st game, 3 players from d opposing team suddenly stopped moving after changing possession (my ball now). Then, after eventually getting back the ball, player indicator disappeared and at the same time I couldn't pass/inbound the ball. Calling a timeout didn't help and no choice but to quit the game. In the 2nd game, one player from opposing team was disappearing and stopping momentarily. I think both happened about late in the 1st Q. I didnt do anything except the uniform solution, changing sliders to casual and turning off some rules to my liking. Thanks. :roll: :crazyeyes: :?:
carlo1254

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 24, 2014 10:59 pm

carlo1254, yea there is something screwy that goes on in 2K14 with bench players staying on the court. I think I have a fix for it but it requires RED MC, meaning we still have to wait....

anyway, when that happens you can switch sides to the other team, resub out or in the stuck players, then call a timeout. Once you inbound the ball switch back.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby caverabbit on Mon May 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Love the mod and the idea of the nickname 20% boost! One thing, Greg Monroe's nickname is MOOSE but other than that a spectacular mod!
caverabbit

Postby JaoSming on Tue May 27, 2014 1:46 am

caverabbit wrote:Love the mod and the idea of the nickname 20% boost! One thing, Greg Monroe's nickname is MOOSE but other than that a spectacular mod!

Wasn't in the basketball-reference database, even though he uses that as his Twitter handle. All the inconsistencies really make that part of this mod tough. We'll figure it out.

Some more gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFVtBWwaAjY
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kevin on Tue May 27, 2014 1:46 am

Just saw the Lakers vs Philly game and it was awesome.The Noel dunk should be included in the top 10 :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby randallb21 on Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Just downloaded it and loving it. Great work jao

Noticed that during game when starting five was in it ran fine. As soon as subs came in players started teleporting. That's the only bug I have found. Might just be my computer. IDK
Currently Playing:
NBA 2K14 (PC)
FIBA 2K14 (PC)
Madden 16 (PS4)
NBA 2K16 (PS4)
NHL 16 (PS4)
The Golf Club (PS4)
randallb21

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 28, 2014 1:54 pm

randallb21 wrote:Noticed that during game when starting five was in it ran fine. As soon as subs came in players started teleporting. That's the only bug I have found. Might just be my computer. IDK

Not your computer, known bug is the best way to describe it I guess...I'm going to experiment with the arena collisions and having an actual bench to fix that issue....eventually.

I put some time into the mod this evening. Brought back the NBA uniforms, so the defaults are the street ones, practice unis second, then the normal section from the vanilla game. I fixed necktypes, number colors for the warriors, and a few name fixes. I am hoping to add at least 1 bigh0rt shirt uniform to each team, and then 2-3 generic recolored ones from r4zor's blank pickup ones. I am going to look into adding teams after some of the basic stuff is done, starting with decade teams and zzcool's Street legends, maybe celebs, coaches, and whatever else too. Depends on time. I also want to make "Blank" uniforms like the ones I have - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaJ8WC4hYXc Due to time though, I may not do HD stuff....yet....maybe.

Thanks to bigh0rt's comments, I have added the 2K12 courts to the main mod. I also fixed the light bug that caused framerate issues on that rec center court and I removed the walkers from the rooftop court.

I added the practice gym, which is really just a color swap of the under armour gym.

I also brought back the pickup series tiny gym, with a crowd.

So that is 11 courts right there, with Rucker Night being reserved for the All Star teams, which may change because.......I can convert the _lo courts from NBA 2K12. Unfortunately the ones from 2K10 still don't work, but I did get the "PS2" quality versions of the practice gym, attack athletics (with a broken 2K-made crowd file), vegas summer circuit, Rucker Day and Night, and that 2K11 Blacktop court working.

For whatever reason, the models of these arenas/environments don't work properly with the 2Kx tool or 3DM tool, so I can't customize them. What these files do give me though is a fully customizeable backboard that does not have "glass" associated with it. So with HD textures via RED MC, I can do pretty much anything backboard wise now, which is amazingly awesome :mrgreen: Once I clean up the conversions and make floor files, I will include these arenas in the main mod. Then with a fully customizable backboard, 1 texture courts, and a handful of bases to go off of, I may end up focusing on new courts rather than other stuff like HD unis. We'll see what I end up with for time though, as always and of course right?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 29, 2014 10:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhdarqX8D-g
phpBB [video]

Pickup Gym (before the light/framerate fix) with the pickup unis. I love this AI so freakin much.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bigh0rt on Thu May 29, 2014 10:52 pm

This is awesome, how does it look from a different camera angle during gameplay?
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 29, 2014 11:04 pm

bigh0rt wrote:This is awesome, how does it look from a different camera angle during gameplay?

I am actually pretty proud of that little gym. I made sure all walls were transparent when the camera goes behind them and everything outside of the gym is blacked out

So with all those fixes in place, I think my next step is converting and adding the PS2-quality courts in, and if I am doing multiple Ruckers I may as well add in the 2K12/2K13/2K14 ruckers as well and make the night one not exclusive. Then making custom backboards for some of the courts to get some variation.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby TGsoGood on Fri May 30, 2014 12:01 am

how did you get rid of the framerate issue?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 am

if you are familiar with the "feel mod" and its framerate issues, its due to that. Its done by moving the stadium's light models in the ceiling, which causes the lights to "explode" and can cause rendering issues. So even though my light textures are completely transparent, the game was still rendering like that. So i moved the light models back to their original position to take care of that, same with Rec Center 2k12
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby pastrami1993 on Fri May 30, 2014 1:18 am

Quick question, can I pull just the ratings and everything from the players tab and apply it to a 360 roster? Do you think there might be any hiccups there?
pastrami1993

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 30, 2014 1:28 am

should be no issue at all (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: NBA Street 2K14 - Early Release - PS2 Versions of Courts too

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 31, 2014 1:48 am

Got the Rucker Night _lo file from 2K12 converted, used the midnight ballers current rucker floor because the 2k12 floor cant have their reflections turned off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnWJPcDb5i0
phpBB [video]

So yea, I have no idea what the count of courts is right now, but its higher than I expected.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 31, 2014 4:23 am

Went through and counted up all usable courts for this mod
Code: Select all
2K11 Blacktop
2K11 Blacktop_lo

2K12 Rucker Day
2K12 Rucker Night
2K12 Rucker EBC
2K12 Street NBA Live 2000
2K12 Street Rec Center
2K12 Street Rooftop
2K12 Rucker _lo Day (2013)
2K12 Rucker _lo Night (EBC Wood)
2K12 Practice Gym _lo
2K12 Attack Athletics _lo
2K12 Summer Circuit _lo

2K13 Rucker Day
2K13 Rucker Night
2K13 Under Armour
2K13 Pickup Series Gym

2K14 Rooftop (Crowded)
2K14 Rucker Day
2K14 Rucker Night
2K14 Attack Athletics
2K14 Practice Gym
2K14 Summer Circuit

Too lazy to count? 23. 9 different Rucker Parks. A lot of dups too.

I may or may not try to make 7 new courts, it depends on how the conversion process of the PS2 courts goes. And with 8 different Rucker parks, I would not be mad at myself if I cheap out and make some basic alternatives like I did with the 2K12 Street courts I use year after year... So we'll see.

I plan on removing the numbers, names, logos, and all that from the uniform tops of the current "Street" uniforms to line up with my Blank ones I wanted....I may make them alternative and not default though. Depends on whether or not I follow through with remaking the Homecourt style uniforms from 2K12 again or not.

With the new/old _lo backboards, I also want to remake all the backboards for variation, but again we'll see where time puts us. Then of course I want to remake the career modes, make a generic version for fantasy drafts, and other fun stuff like that, in the future.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat May 31, 2014 5:28 am

JaoSming wrote:Went through and counted up all usable courts for this mod

Too lazy to count? 23. 9 different Rucker Parks.

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby GloryD on Sat May 31, 2014 5:34 am

Would you consider making organized basketball type of Uniforms for this mod as well? like a YMCA Jersey type.

"Can A Butterfly Sing?"

Check out my YT Channel...317 Subs and Counting! https://www.youtube.com/user/vVvGloryD/
GloryD
"Dr . Drain Is Calling For Rain"

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 31, 2014 5:53 am

GloryD wrote:Would you consider making organized basketball type of Uniforms for this mod as well? like a YMCA Jersey type.

I would consider including such uniforms if someone else makes them, for sure
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby tjangel07 on Sat May 31, 2014 8:28 pm

Wow nice courts bro!
Specs: Ryzen 3600. GTX 1070 Ti. 16gb RAM.
tjangel07

Re: NBA Street 2K14 - Early Release - Help Wanted (Unis & Courts)

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOnfoJ2dxNM
phpBB [video]

Help wanted/needed/appreciated. If you have made or have any interest to make uniforms or courts I would love to include them in the mod. It can be for 1 team, a set of teams, or all 30 if you want. I recently remembered that I had 'guest' uniforms in NBA Street 07 so I wanted to make it available again. If you want your work in this mod to not be open source for anyone else to edit, please let me know beforehand.

Some basic overview tutorials here
Jerseys - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS19PA3Ef5w
Arenas - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfArH3osGUQ
Courts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIrIR1OoVM
and of course the main tutorial thread with detailed video tutorials is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS19PA3Ef5w

It goes not need to match any quality (lol) standards of the current mod, or anything like that. Have fun! That is all that matters.

That said, all courts are now converted and good to go. I did want to make custom backboards for each to vary things up a bit though. I have now realized that the 2K14 and 2K13 Rucker Park day and night files are exactly the same, I may do something custom with 2K14's with a reskin or I may not. I dont know.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding