[Current Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Re: [Current Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby cjthepinoy on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 am

There is no all star game on mycareer. It's disappointing 2k can never develop a patch for NBA 2k users, but can easily make the patches for the game consoles. I'm sure it's a bit less complex resolving issues on there, but I guess as a fan of 2k, I'm starting to dislike the attention they give for PC patches. It's not a big deal, but I like to look at my player card and see I've been a 5 time all star, but..Looks like that's not happening anytime soon...
cjthepinoy

Re: Bugs & Glitches (aka the Blame Leftos! thread)

Postby cjthepinoy on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 am

jojo708 wrote:
AnthonyShaw wrote:
Neplou wrote:
hot_wyre21 wrote:
AnthonyShaw wrote:
Neplou wrote:
justinpot wrote:
Shing wrote:Bug description: All fixtures in a season disappear after the 3PT Contest, after you've participated.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC

Game Mode: My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Participate in the 3pt Contest or Dunk Contest.

What a massive kick in the balls this was. Not sure I want to keep playing the game at all now.

THIS IS A NASTY BUG. just happened to me after winning the slam dunk contest,im curious to see what if i selected play next game,look it up you can see the calendar for the next seasons until year 20?? (?? meaning 13-infinity not sure) hope someone finds a workaround

EDIT: after how many games in a season i tried selecting the play next game, ended up simming the entire 2nd half of the season (after all-star weekend) until the playoffs,seems i can play a game again but it kinda sucks to think i missed alot of games

NNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This just happened to me! Exited from winning the 3pt. Contest and hit start to play the next game (All Star Game). It "simmed" the rest of the regular season. That was bad, but even worse it did not really sim. It completed the regular season and didn't add to any player's stats. This would likely have made me uninstall my game due to an unplayable glitch in my favorite mode. HOWEVER, I had just received my RED MC license keys and had resolved to restart the MyCareer after inserting my created players in the game. Hopefully this will be resolved by the time I get back around to the All Star Weekend.

I'm so f***ing mad at 2k!!! This so terrible!! It won't be so big problem if this happend for the first time but no! It happaned to me also in 2k13 and still there is no f***ing official fix and neitrher fan made fix (I was looking for it about 1,5 hour). I am so pissed of... If anybody know what to do with it please PM me.. Thanks a lot in advance!

I have noticed that if you go through the 3 point and dunk contests in one shot (not restarting if you lose) then you will be able to play out the rest of the season.

Good to know. I was just going to skip them if I got to them again!

No thats not working for me wvwn if I play it in one shot still the season is ending. F**k 2k for that. They are starting to be like EA...

Edit: After few hours of attempts I realize thats possible to play ALL games of season if you do it through "play next keygame" and push "sim all games" (you will play 3pt contest or/and dunk contest anyway) and everything is working..

Got solution! I'am in 3 point contast. I choose play next kay game and show me a window with: play all star game or go to the next kay game. You can play all star contast (becouse a would like to play in all star game) and after contast everything is ok. Work for me two times on two.

I been asked to participate in the 3 point contest as well but it doesn't show on my schedule at all on mycareer. This seriously ruins the fun playing NBA 2k14. I don't know if there's a resolution or a way to fix this on mycareer because I'm already on my 3rd season and do not plan on starting over.
cjthepinoy

Postby TDD91 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:02 am

Bug description:
Crash To Desktop

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC

Game Mode:
My Career & Association

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:

Association Mode crashes to desktop in 1st year of a new Association shortly after the trade & re-sign deadline. Doesn't matter what team I use or what roster is loaded.
MyCareer crashes to desktop prior to 2nd key game, same as above with respect to team/roster.
TDD91

Postby fasz on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Bug description:
Sim games after allstar weekend skip games and playoff and pre season

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC

Game Mode:
My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:

1 year , just played 3pts contest, and wasn't selected for the all star game , pressed start and then it starts sim untill october 28th 2014.( I don't know what's going to happen If I haven't pressed alt F4 , maybe it will sim until the end of time )
fasz

Postby justinpot on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:31 am

fasz wrote:Bug description:
Sim games after allstar weekend skip games and playoff and pre season

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC

Game Mode:
My Career

1 year , just played 3pts contest, and wasn't selected for the all star game , pressed start and then it starts sim untill october 28th 2014.( I don't know what's going to happen If I haven't pressed alt F4 , maybe it will sim until the end of time )

found a vid on youtube but i don't have the link but what he did was finished rookie sophomore game then when the bug appears go to a previous box score and that should bring back all the scheduled events (in all-star weekend) and remaining games of the season
justinpot

Postby lurker26 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Bug description: Some sort of glitch or bug in MyAssociation where you progress through your games and all of the sudden you see either a HUGE DROP or BOOST in your player's attributes on your team. Ex: Playing as Mavs, Monte Ellis 3PT drops to 28, Orb +99 Drb +99.

Game Mode: MyAssociation

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Bug happens as you progress through your games. Your players on your team gets either a huge drop-off or huge boost in attributes. For example, I picked Bobcats as my team, 30 games in, Ben Gorden gets 99 in Rebounding, 99 in Blocks?!. Same goes for Kemba Walker who gets 99 Rebounding.

I made an account to let you all know. It's pretty annoying bug and I can't even play this game because of it. I've seen a few posts about it on Google with no solutions. Please help me out guys.
lurker26

Postby info-0 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:38 am

Bug description: When switching to isomotion/shot or shot/isomotion, you can not longer pull alley oops off.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC (but all are involved :P)

Game Mode: All modes

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: switch the Pro stick from Default to old style one.

Ok, this was bound to get patched AFTER release as a lot of people moaned to 2K about it. Nada. PC didn't receive ANY gameplay patch since release date! (if I am wrong show me detailed log of the patch).

I, myself, like to use Pro Stick the way it was designed, but sometimes, I would love to switch to old style. Unfortunately, when you do that, you can no longer pull Alley Oops with LT+X (as in old right stick style, this = shot or dribble switch). Really annoying at times and even more so if you like to use X to shoot, while using right stick only for dribble/isomotion movement.
My YouTube Channel - Go and check it out ;)
info-0

Postby christophlin on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Bug description: Signature skills display box won't go away. Not sure if that's what it's called, but a box that shows the skills for my selected player will randomly pop up in the upper right corner, and refuse to go away. Only fix is to restart the game.

Game Mode: Any Gameplay

Seems to happen frequently after manual timeouts, though it's also completely random at other times. Anybody else getting this or know of a solution? Does it have anything to do with the watermark remover I have installed? Thanks!
christophlin

Postby jerad916 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:55 am

Bug description: game crashes to desktop on loading screen after it says "Loading User Profile".

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC (i dunno about the others)

Game Mode: BEFORE all game modes

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: i'm not sure, but i think it may be because i updated the online data folder.

i also noticed that the contents of the online data folder keep getting deleted every time this happens. the game won't EVER start. *sigh* i wouldn't want to reinstall the game again. PLEASE HELP!!!
jerad916

Postby info-0 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Download latest Official Update.

Unpack to %Appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2k14\ (just drag and drop Online Data, you don't need to drop Saves).

Delete Cache folder.

If you have downloaded custom shoes, delete shoedata.dat from the folder.

;)
My YouTube Channel - Go and check it out ;)
info-0

Postby realstyla on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:27 am

had the same problem with the crash after slam dunk contest.. tried the whole day all different kind of things... i solved the problem by doing one drill in mycareer mode.. after that went straight to "play next game" and boom no crash.. now i'm at the playoffs..
realstyla

Postby Eirsej on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:35 am

Bug description: Association crash

Game Mode: Association

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: When loading association, the game instantly crashes.
Eirsej

Postby buckfoston824 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:26 am

Bug description: Creating a new association in NBA 2K14 on XBOX-360 with the "current date" as the starting date for the association does not allow the user to choose to use a custom draft class.

This has basically made destroyed my only purpose for playing this game which is starting associations on the current day and playing with created draft classes to try to make things as realistic as possible. Anyone know a workaround?

Platform XBOX 360

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Creating an Association on current date (playoffs)
buckfoston824

Postby Bear on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:42 am

I've experienced a few of the bugs mentioned in this thread (season sim after dunk contest, social media challenge to name a couple) but I'm rather surprised nobody has mentioned the ones I'll post here. It's partly venting because it's so frustrating but I genuinely think these are bugs.

Bug description: Player always jumps twice for rebound/block.

Game Mode: MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Using Official Wired XBox 360 Controller for Windows attempt to block or rebound by pressing Y. If player is unsuccessful he will automatically, without input, jump a second time. This often causes the player to foul or prevent him from getting back in position to defend/shoot again.

Bug description: Rebounding next to impossible

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: EVERY SINGLE PLAYER is able to box out my player perfectly on every loose ball. I even made a 7' 1" PF with 90 OR and 90 DR with Rank 3 Tenacious Rebounder and he is unable to get around defenders for a rebound. Even guards are boxing out perfectly. Sometimes I'm in perfect position for a rebound and my defender will just grab me, pull me away, and box me out.

Bug description: Teammates NEVER defend 3-pt shot unless Pressure Shooters is on (still not 100%)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Start career with a front court player and play against any team that shoots a lot of 3-pt shots. Teammates always give them all the room they need to shoot an easy 3.

Bug description: Player is shoved around like a child

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: On offense try moving through the paint without the ball. Your defender will often push you back and refuse to let you pass. Often you will bounce off every opposing player you come across. On defense simply try to stay with your defensive assignment. They pretty much move where they want and push you aside/along for the ride.

Bug description: Layup glitch

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Big men attempting layups will often miss due to the ball losing all momentum once it leaves their hand. This is true for NPC teammates as well as created players.

Bug description: Dunk Contest Input Glitch

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: During the Dunk Contest attempt a dunk that requires multiple inputs at the same time using the Official XBox 360 Wired Gamepad for Windows. If multiple inputs are required at the same time neither input will be accepted. Commands such as LT/RT, LB/RB, or even <-LS/RS-> are not accepted, resulting in a failure.

Those are the big ones I can think of right now. Upgrading attributes doesn't help any of these issues. I've become frustrated several times due to issues such as these because they seem unpreventable and illogical.
Bear

Postby Anteehk on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:27 am

Bug description: Game crashing when i start a game.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):PC

Game Mode:All

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:MIght it be because i have to many mods?
Anteehk

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:15 am

Quite possibly. This thread is for issues that occur with a vanilla and modded game alike.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:18 pm

Anteehk wrote:Bug description: Game crashing when i start a game.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:MIght it be because i have to many mods?

You might have a faulty global or file installed there. Try reinstalling, it fixes everythang
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby fusjon on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Bug description: After playing like two or three seasons in association mode the number of games is changing from 14 to 82 and I'm unable to change it back.

Platform: PC

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen It happened to me twice in two different associations. First after three seasons and then after two seasons. It always happens after I'm simulating pre season games and auto generate draft class. Then i look at calendar and its 82 games. I choose 14 when i was creating association off course.

EDIT: FIXED
fusjon

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:11 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:
Anteehk wrote:Bug description: Game crashing when i start a game.

You might have a faulty global or file installed there. Try reinstalling, it fixes everythang

Or you can try going into the saves folder, and deleting the shoe files, this caused the game to crash for many users.
Uncle Drew

Postby PhillyJackson on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:08 am

Bug description: When ever I go on to the playoffs and I beat a team 4-0 and when I press enter to go on the next matchup but then it goes back all the way to the begining, PLEASE HELP.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Mods? Files that are effecting playoffs?
PhillyJackson

Postby Ayano123 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Bug description: Only happens randomly during the draft day, after one pick the whole game goes crazy by that i mean
i can't press anything at all i tried skipping but it just won't i can't press anything the draft won't continue
but the camera angles do change.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Offseason Draft Day
Ayano123

Postby MegaDavidcar on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:38 am

Bug description: All player reflections have sleeved uniforms on

Game Mode: Any Gameplay

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: After first quarter game shuts down
MegaDavidcar

Postby Rapherino on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:44 am

Bug description: Screeching sound randomly produces

Game Mode: Any Gameplay Except Blacktop

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: If I'm not playing any game mode the sound seems fine, but when I play any gamemode except blacktop this screeching sound I don't know what causes it.
Rapherino

Postby kira1 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:50 am

Bug description: Game track (play-by-play) is incomplete; most of the time, only the 2nd half play-by-play is shown.

Game Mode: Any mode that has game track in its menu

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: When I get to the 2nd half of any game, the game track/play-by-play for the 1st half totally disappears (and this is not just 2K14-specific, it had also happened in 2K13)
kira1

Postby CSA on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 am

Bug description: Unable to play All Star 3 Point Contest in MyCareer offline mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: It's my 2nd season in MyCareer and skipped thru the All Star Weekend when I try to play Rising Stars or All Star Game, I can play but even though my player has chosen to be on 3 point contest, Play button doesn't exist. I can only simulate it.
CSA

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14