NLSC 2013/2014 Open Source Roster for NBA 2K14

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:30 pm

I figured I was overdue for getting into the NBA 2K modding scene, so here we go.

DOWNLOAD V0.1

What's is all about?

In a nutshell, I've been wanting to do something for NBA 2K14 PC, but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to provide a roster update for the game. However, I thought it might be useful to start a community project in which we develop an open source current season roster (the current season of course being 2013/2014) that not only offers a satisfying gameplay experience, but also provides anyone with a base to start their own current roster. Basically, I'm putting this out there not only to update the game, but also to give a head start to anyone who would like to update the rosters on a regular basis, by making a few updates and corrections to the official rosters. As the project progresses, I'd also like to add missing historical players, for a more complete and well-rounded update to work from.

What can the community do?

Anything and everything! Feel free to suggest edits and corrections, make edits and corrections, re-release an edited version of the rosters, contribute art updates...you name it. I'd like to make these rosters a solid base for anyone wanting to make regular updates, so anyone who's willing to make rosters updates has a good place to start.

There's just one catch: again, this is an open source project, so if you're looking to get involved, I ask that you keep your contributions open source and let anyone use them in any re-edited releases. If you do release a roster based on the roster, a small mention of the project somewhere would be appreciated, but no need to ask permission first. Feel free to just take the roster and get started on your own release!

Key Features of v0.1

Here's what's in the roster so far:

• 2013/2014 season rosters, accurate as of February 9th, 2014
  • Updated lineups and rotations, based on the games from February 9th, 2014
  • Corrected jersey numbers
  • Injuries removed
  • East and West All-Star lineups updated (Anthony Davis added in place of Kobe Bryant on the West squad)

To Do List

Here are the things that the project needs to develop into a solid base roster for anyone who wants to make their own updates:

• Updated ratings
  • Remove Skill Boost arrows
  • Add missing historic players (with art)
  • Updated team data such as playbooks etc, for better performance
  • A set of slider suggestions
  • Art updates
  • Anything else that could enhance the roster

I guess that's about it for now. Hopefully, we can make this project work. At the very least, I might be able to give a small leg up to someone who wants to maintain a current season roster update by doing a little bit of the work to get them started.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC 2013/2014 Open Source Roster for NBA 2K14

Postby wikisaiyan on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 am

Wow, been on this site for years and didnt know you were a modder , Just the admin of the forums!

Quick question will your update files in you open source roster interfer with UBR 2K14?
wikisaiyan

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:59 am

I guess you haven't ever checked the NBA Live sections. ;) I've been patching the NBA Live series since the 90s, but this is the first time I've actually gotten around to doing anything with NBA 2K.

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any problem. Those files are just the ones from yesterday's official roster update and the save file won't interfere with any other saves.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MadbaLL on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:26 am

wow, great to see you back in action andrew :applaud:

i hope this will not be just basic and time by time addon, i hope in the future you will be improving it and making regular updates of this.

we needed something like this, like in good old nba live days and nlsc roster :wink:

keep it up! (Y)
MadbaLL

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:34 am

Andrew, It's nice to see you here at the 2k section, sir. :)

We will support you. (Y) (Y)
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Medevenx on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:49 am

My rosters have complete retro players in the 1240 IDs, WITH CFs. I've also removed the CAPs for the retro teams. Skill Boosts Arrows is in the Skill Boosts tab. slimm4 has updated playbooks.

May I just ask, what would be the difference between this roster and the other community rosters (Med, slimm, laker92)? A lot of the features you wish to add are already included in some of those community rosters, including mine.

Prominent Features in my roster are unlocked Blacktop players, Accurate Arena Names, Shoe Brands Unlocked, Removed Retired/Overseas Players which would be good ideas to add too.

Also, you mentioned that you've changed the East and West All-Star lineups. Does this mean, you changed the values in the Overriding Rotations tab and also changed the Team Types of both All-Star teams so they are playable in Exhibition? Because that means they won't be available for Association and MyCareer.

I also suggest that you separate the Art Files from the Roster Files because some of us like to test the rosters first, before proceeding to download large amounts of art files. :) Thanks Andrew and good luck!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:04 am

Medevenx wrote:My rosters have complete retro players in the 1240 IDs, WITH CFs. I've also removed the CAPs for the retro teams. Skill Boosts Arrows is in the Skill Boosts tab. slimm4 has updated playbooks.

May I just ask, what would be the difference between this roster and the other community rosters (Med, slimm, laker92)? A lot of the features you wish to add are already included in some of those community rosters, including mine.

Prominent Features in my roster are unlocked Blacktop players, Accurate Arena Names, Shoe Brands Unlocked, Removed Retired/Overseas Players which would be good ideas to add too.

Also, you mentioned that you've changed the East and West All-Star lineups. Does this mean, you changed the values in the Overriding Rotations tab and also changed the Team Types of both All-Star teams so they are playable in Exhibition? Because that means they won't be available for Association and MyCareer.

I also suggest that you separate the Art Files from the Roster Files because some of us like to test the rosters first, before proceeding to download large amounts of art files. :) Thanks Andrew and good luck!

The key to this roster is, as it says in the title, that it is Open Source. People are free to edit and use it for their own works. I can't imagine you would be okay with somebody taking your roster, tweaking it, and releasing it. Andrew is saying that this is okay with this particular roster.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Medevenx on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:35 am

bigh0rt wrote:The key to this roster is, as it says in the title, that it is Open Source. People are free to edit and use it for their own works. I can't imagine you would be okay with somebody taking your roster, tweaking it, and releasing it. Andrew is saying that this is okay with this particular roster.

I see, Open Source. I always thought my rosters were Open-Source, just that, nobody bothers to release versions of it. Then again, it IS true that I like to handle my own edits and uploads. I hope Andrew implements the features I recommended.

Also, Andrew, if you want to grab the missing retro players, they're all packed together in my roster's players tab and their files are in one of my uploads.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:29 am

Thanks Med, appreciate the advice and any contributions.

As for the All-Star steams, Overriding Rotations. I haven't made them playable in exhibition mode, though in future releases I may include a second file that allows that.

MadbaLL wrote:i hope this will not be just basic and time by time addon, i hope in the future you will be improving it and making regular updates of this.

I can't promise anything there, unfortunately. That's why it's open source. I hope to work on it when I can, but I envision it as a community project and resource.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding