Things to Fix in NBA Live 14 (Constructive Posts ONLY)

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: Things to Fix in NBA Live 14 (Constructive Posts ONLY)

Postby starz24 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Better rim interaction...

Free throws should be done with the analog stick.

We need contact at the rim that creates highlight dunks and blocks.

Flashy passes.... and passes should be faster...

More under the rim layups to many stand still dunks while guarded.

Better lighting for better graphics.

More camera angles.

Big man shouldnt be able to dribble ...

Better button response!!!!!!!!!
starz24

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Nice post and welcome to the forums.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dez on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:33 am

Some sort of shot feedback would be amazing, still have no idea how to f***ing shoot.
Dez

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:50 am

Phreak50 wrote:They are the masters at saying stuff that never pans out though...

In terms of patching Live 14... I can see it now.

With the face scans only taking place in Orlando, EA will say the simply didn't get them all done and we need to wait till Live 15 for the new faces.

The promise (during the EA apology) of new animations and fixed graphics... will not happen.

We will get tweaked AI and a practice mode. And while I am a fan of this game and will stand up for it in the areas it deserves, that is still not good enough. EA lied to us yet before the launch and have yet to fulfil their promises.

If they do the same in backing out of the fixes suggested in their apology, they deserve to have their NBA license revoked tbh.

There's some new animations in the game, there's a fake pass that I've never seen before, and I've been playing this game consistently since launch, so they're adding little things here and there. Also the player models you can tell look a lot better than before. To me, this game is shaping up positively
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:10 am

Dez wrote:Some sort of shot feedback would be amazing, still have no idea how to f***ing shoot.

Basically the release on the shoot button is very quick, almost immediately when you're in the air. I'd definitely like to have shot feedback too, something similar to the player indicator flash that 2K utilises.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby starz24 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:39 pm

thanks pdub...... other fixes better rim and ball sounds..

post shots should be a little more fluent they seem like they just throw it up there..

i want break away steals.

player off the ball movement needs a boost...

jumpshot variety . unguarded shot are relaxed. why guarded shots has more elevation thus making you shoot differently...

brighten the crowd up...

player body weight needs a huge upgrade ex...if im exploding to the rim with lebron an dthe defense comes late my momentum should create a dunk, strong layup or charge depending on the defenders size and position.

body types should be re-done players on nba live seem abnormal ...not a big problem but it would help the game through my pov..

player lock and team play needs to be back in....

franchise mode should consist of live practices.... in dept player coaches and personal firing hiring and sit downs...training should be done by the user in a real gym ala nba live 09.... to be able to relocate and create a new stadium .

rising star should use things from the franchise mode... just add more depth to it...

create a team mode its time to put that in....

different game intros for play now . franchise etc... some games should have intros, some should show players warming . some should just be different it makes the game fresh at every moment.

player emotion.. hand shakes after a free throw... hyped after a dunk , cross over block alley oop....
starz24

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:53 pm

More great stuff there. Welcome indeed! :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:35 pm

I don't know about those ideas being added to live 14, but with live 15 development under way, this thread is evolving to a wishlist anyways.

With that said, I would like some of the modes to have similar features as options. So, you could do a dynasty with your created team, or ultimate team, as an expansion team. Or you could play rising star with dynasty elements.

For example, meet with the coach or gm and ask for more playing time. This could alienate the teammate(s) that get reduced minutes or just by learning that you asked for more time could hurt the chemistry. The same thing could happen with trade requests and press rumors involving trades or free agency.

What if you had a strong relationship with a coach that gets fired, and the new coach had different ideas? That could effect chemistry and morale and playing time.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:36 pm

We do need to start compiling a Wishlist as well, so we can sort some of the ideas into there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby starz24 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:42 pm

get rid of the post spin move cheese....

contact should be in at all times on dribbling penetration ,post ups, layups, and more....

a new steal and block system/animation should be put in....

dive animations need to be better .....

jersey"s need a re-haul to me ...could just be the lighting or player models....

players speed and quickness need a re-haul ....

players fall sometimes on shots , block and lays up ....i think you guys can put that in...
starz24

Postby KennyJ1976 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:27 am

Since most of my suggestions have already been mentioned, I only have a few things to add. The first thing is the rosters. Where in the world is Ryan Kelly for the Lakers? There are a few other players missing from teams as well but me being a Lakers fan, that one is the most notable missing player. Plus Kelly is a starter now so I hope he as well as others like Roger Mason Jr. with the Heat, who by the way is a free agent in the game when he has been on the Heat roster for the whole season, Rasuol Butler with the Pacers, and Isaiah Canaan with the Rockets, just to name a few are part of the next roster update. Without the rosters being completely accurate, it makes playing some game modes like Rewind unplayable with all the generic players on the team. Another small gripe is shoes. Update the players shoes please, unless the brand they wear is not in the game. I hate looking at those generic shoes, they suck. Finally this last fix is geared more towards Live 15, but since E A Sports has the ESPN licence, how about putting more ESPN personalities in the game like Lisa Salters doing sideline reporting and another crew like Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown to keep the commentary fresh. Also, how about adding the countdown crew to dynasty and be a pro modes and have a brief but entertaining studio show every week or two during the season. That's it for now, can't wait for the big patch.
KennyJ1976

Postby starz24 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Ea please fix your in game pause menu navigation.....
starz24

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:34 pm

What exactly do they need to fix there? We've got to give them specifics there, otherwise we're leaving them to guess the issue we're talking about. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 pm

He's probably referring to the delay in response. I wouldn't mind am option to turn of the animations if it slotted up the navigation.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 14