NBA2K11 2013-2014 Season COMPLETE UPDATE!!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K11 2013-2014 Season COMPLETE UPDATE!!

Postby mtdub on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:32 am

^^ Levy i will keep trying to find a version of reditor that works, i dont know what im doing wrong, i thought that maybe i was registering it wrong because my name doesnt show up registered to in the register section, but when i try to reregister it says registration completed restart but still a no go. I cant even get the demo version to open up a roster file for the 2k11 version so i dont know if there is much that can be done. Theres other tools i can use to do faces, courts and etc. i just cant find a way to add faces to my created players or even be able to figure out the created players id without being able to open up the roster file. The 2k13 free version is the only one that will work for me but i have the 2k13 roster editor for that if i just wanted to open the file. I would like to be able to stay current with 2k11 as i feel its the best of the series as far as gameplay goes, tho I do believe when someone comes up with the right settings 14 will eclipse 11. Nba 2k14 has nice gameplay. i love my retros also but i leave that up to the 2k12 ubr team. i just downloaded the latest roster and i must say im enjoying it big time. The gameplay in there roster has been greatly improved if you find the right sliders in which i believe i have. I had 2k12 off my cpu for almost a year because as barkley would say the gameplay was just turrible, i mean the ai was just flat out stupid,a player would just hold the ball for 15 seconds and jack up a shot at the end of the shot clock. i just reinstalled it to try the newest ubr roster since seeing that they went all away back to the 1970 season and i must say im like a little kid on christmas morning right now, they really have taken that roster to a whole new level since i played it last about a year ago. Im getting 2k11 gameplay and stats now on 12 with the ubr and with them going all away back to the 1970 season i must say is quite impressive.
mtdub

Postby levynagy on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:31 am

OK I am back with some good news (mainly). :)

I've spent a whole day trying to fix the issues with the roster file... I updated each team's roster (I haven't touched their ratings nor the rotations), added a handful of players (Nick Calates, Dennis Schroeder whom I applied Rondo's CF, etc.) but still can't fix Karasev (he appears on the HOU roster NO MATTER what you do, so now he is a FA and also part of HOU but you can move him to CLE but that won't change the issue!). If anyone has a solution to this problem I welcome him to give us a shout.

I also fixed many minor irregularities in the roster file especially with the rookies (names, bio and draft info) in a big attempt to solve the above mentioned bug. But I have to stop here because this hasn't been my project from the beginning. Anyway I hope you will enjoy a somewhat playable 2013-2014 season! For the CFs to show up in the game you will need the files from the previous Chinese patch from the link provided by siraulo23. :wink:

Here is my fix for the roster file: http://rapidshare.com/share/2FC3E1D74B0 ... AAD33A7E61
levynagy

Postby mtdub on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Could someone download that latest link that siraulo23 provided and upload it to mediafire with the other links. I cant for the life of me download from the latest link. I think thats the patch that has the missing cyberfaces. it would be greatly appreciated.
mtdub

Postby aslanhasan on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm

levynagy wrote:OK I am back with some good news (mainly). :)

I've spent a whole day trying to fix the issues with the roster file... I updated each team's roster (I haven't touched their ratings nor the rotations), added a handful of players (Nick Calates, Dennis Schroeder whom I applied Rondo's CF, etc.) but still can't fix Karasev (he appears on the HOU roster NO MATTER what you do, so now he is a FA and also part of HOU but you can move him to CLE but that won't change the issue!). If anyone has a solution to this problem I welcome him to give us a shout.

I also fixed many minor irregularities in the roster file especially with the rookies (names, bio and draft info) in a big attempt to solve the above mentioned bug. But I have to stop here because this hasn't been my project from the beginning. Anyway I hope you will enjoy a somewhat playable 2013-2014 season! For the CFs to show up in the game you will need the files from the previous Chinese patch from the link provided by siraulo23. :wink:

Here is my fix for the roster file: http://rapidshare.com/share/2FC3E1D74B0 ... AAD33A7E61

So I put the files of the patch of siraulo23 link + the file of the patch of gentwo3three ? ans i put the roster file you just give today ?

mtdub wrote:Could someone download that latest link that siraulo23 provided and upload it to mediafire with the other links. I cant for the life of me download from the latest link. I think thats the patch that has the missing cyberfaces. it would be greatly appreciated.

the Link don't work at your place ? I dowload this patch 2-3 month ago and is working,tell me how upload it to mediafire and i do
aslanhasan

Postby levynagy on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm

aslanhasan wrote:
levynagy wrote:For the CFs to show up in the game you will need the files from the previous Chinese patch from the link provided by siraulo23. :wink:

So I put the files of the patch of siraulo23 link + the file of the patch of gentwo3three ? ans i put the roster file you just give today ?

No, if you want things to roll flawlessly:

1. Make a new install of 2K11

2. Unzip & copy everything from gentwo3three to your new installed game folder
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7a6r ... Part+1.zip
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rberz ... Part+2.zip

3. Unzip the patch from last season (2012-2013) made available by siraulo23 & aslanhasan, find and copy ONLY the cyberfaces/CFs from that package (basically you need the CFs starting with number 8000 onward because those are the rookies for last year).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zpg9s ... d+v2.0.rar

4. If you don't want to play with empty spaces instead of player names and squares instead of team names, then add my updated roster file for the actual NBA teams/players only (a few players might be still missing including some 2013 2nd Round Draft Picks).
2013-2014 Roster w/ Levy's updates

:idea: EDITED on 9th of February 2014: I've added the necessary links for each step to make things easier for people who are lazy to read the whole thread. DO NOT PM me about my uploaded work unless you are a Patcher as well and you want to share some of your ideas/projects. I can’t help you with basic PC operations or general questions you should address on the forum!
Last edited by levynagy on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
levynagy

Postby aslanhasan on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:54 pm

I did like you say and is work ! fix last years rookie cyberface and players and teams names thanks bro :bowdown:

Still have some little "bug" like coach but it's ok for now ^^

If i update some stuff like player contract and starting lineups the file gonna bug or not ?
aslanhasan

Postby levynagy on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 pm

aslanhasan wrote:I did like you say and is work ! fix last years rookie cyberface and players and teams names thanks bro :bowdown:

Still have some little "bug" like coach but it's ok for now ^^

If i update some stuff like player contract and starting lineups the file gonna bug or not ?

I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the changes! :D I also added Tinsley to UTH and copied his ratings from last season to this one. Turkoglu is still on the roster because they are still paying him his contract but he won't return to the NBA unless some other team will sign him later in the season.

I don't know about the coaches, I didn't check them to be honest but I would recommend staying away from them because it usually causes crashes to 2K11. You can surely change the rotation and starting lineups in the game but if you want to be 100% sure they will be saved the way you wanted them, do it IN your season/association just because every time you start a new season/association CPU automatically adjusts them according to the player's (best) ratings! You can test editing the contracts but carefully with that so no team goes over the cap limit - anyway this shouldn't crash the game unless you add contracts to free agents or something.

:idea: In case anyone is watching this and is about to replace players in REDitor with others from different roster files, here is a hint for you: :!: make sure you write down the HS_ID of the original player you are replacing and copy that value in the same column/same row for the new player - this will keep unique HS_IDs for each player so there won't be duplicate IDs and you won't have conflicts and the game won't crash. I also suggest you ALWAYS backup your files.
levynagy

Postby aslanhasan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 am

Ok i'm don't update so ^^

I'm make some compromise and play like that

Thank you again guys !
aslanhasan

Postby mtdub on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:10 am

aslanhasan to upload to mediafire all you have to do is sign up for the free 10gb free account if your not already a member and you will see a option to upload. The link that siraulo23 gave was for mega i believe and i have read that there are a few people in this forum that cant downlosd from mega, not just me.
mtdub

Postby aslanhasan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:18 am

I try to do it now but he takes 2h30 min to upload and i have to get up early tomorow morning so i do tomorow :wink:

Sorry bro but is already late here
aslanhasan

Postby Spicy P on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:20 pm

The roster was pretty good like the player overall ratings and Slam Dunk teams but some things could be fixed like the portraits. There are some players with the name "delete me delete me" and the legends are gone and their team names are still boxes.

gentwo3three, were the screenshots yours? I just wanted to know how Dwight Howard had red Adidas sleeves. Was it a global or a cyberface mod?

Also, where can i get James Harden's cyberface and the Piston's Motor City jerseys?
Spicy P

Postby jajarockitos on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

where ca i get the complete cyber face of all rookies for the 2012 and 2013
jajarockitos

Postby aslanhasan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Here the Mediafire link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/zpg9s ... d_v2.0.rar

And i'm looking for 4X12 superstar sliders if somenone have some idea ?
aslanhasan

Postby levynagy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:05 pm

-noob1337- wrote:The roster was pretty good like the player overall ratings and Slam Dunk teams but some things could be fixed like the portraits. There are some players with the name "delete me delete me" and the legends are gone and their team names are still boxes.

gentwo3three, were the screenshots yours? I just wanted to know how Dwight Howard had red Adidas sleeves. Was it a global or a cyberface mod?

Also, where can i get James Harden's cyberface and the Piston's Motor City jerseys?

Yes, the 'delete me' thing comes from me and it happened when I tried to figure it out why the hell the creator of this roster file cloned some players or whatever he did to a few spots on the roster so when you change the name of one player it automatically changes to the others too. I added names to the NBA players only after I recognized them by their portrait/bio so there a few but not many left without a name. Same goes for the team names: I changed the NBA teams only from Chinese (the squares you see are actually Chinese letters) to English. The rest of the names are untouched because you are not supposed to use them in your NBA season.

If you guys read the whole thread in here you will understand there are issues with this file from the beginning (that's why I wouldn't recommend using it for your Association game). I already invited anyone who is very good with REDitor to come along and help us out to get rid of those issues once and for all or else this roster file should be used only as a base for making your own roster file. So please stop asking and start helping so to speak! :P
levynagy

Postby levynagy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:08 pm

aslanhasan wrote:And i'm looking for 4X12 superstar sliders if somenone have some idea ?

What do you mean by 4X12? If you just need 2K11 Superstar Sliders try mine (last post to that thread) :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=87482
levynagy

Postby aslanhasan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:20 pm

4x12 minutes ^^
aslanhasan

Postby levynagy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 pm

aslanhasan wrote:4x12 minutes ^^

I see, that's what I always use! I play real time matches. :) You might want to boost some of the CPU settings in my sliders if it is too easy for you. :wink:

I am using those Superstar sliders with my retro roster packages where I have a completely new formula for the players which makes the gameplay slower and more tactical and less arcade-like (players use the shot clock better, get in foul trouble more and dunk mostly when open under the basket or on a fastbreak which happens rarely because they all work as a team with many off/on-screen moves). But my sliders should work with the 2013-2014 roster. And you can always adjust the sliders to your liking and find the balance in there. I would really to hear you opinion and see your changes after you tested it. :!:
levynagy

Postby aslanhasan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm gonna start new association mkae 1 or 2 games a tell you in few hours :wink:
aslanhasan

Postby levynagy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:11 pm

aslanhasan wrote:I'm gonna start new association mkae 1 or 2 games a tell you in few hours :wink:

Cool, take your time! Btw, perhaps one major fact in my retro roster is adjusting the coach settings to match the sliders but I am not gonna bother you with that right now, first try my sliders with the 2013-2014 roster as it comes out of the box so to speak. But the last tip: if you find huge differences between you and CPU adjust the sliders and even numbers for both User and CPU by either lowering yours to theirs (mind that User values are a bit higher in my game) or raising CPUs to yours. Have fun! :)
levynagy

Postby aslanhasan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:54 pm

I play my first game with the mavs against the bobcats and i'm loose ! 90-88 ^^

I miss 4-5 open 3pts shot with ellington and carter so i think i have to up a little bit the 3pts succes same for the cpu
aslanhasan

Postby levynagy on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 am

aslanhasan wrote:I play my first game with the mavs against the bobcats and i'm loose ! 90-88 ^^

I miss 4-5 open 3pts shot with ellington and carter so i think i have to up a little bit the 3pts succes same for the cpu

Oh yeah, that proves the sliders work with the newest roster! :applaud: Because I get very close games decided mostly in the last minutes with a normal scoring (rarely above 100 points per team). I noticed the 3PTs are a bit low in my game too but FTs are quite many - and I like it this way just now.

Another thing: you will get different results playing against different teams and after a few games fatigue affects the overall performance in association mode. Sometimes you won by 15 and the next game you lose by 12 if your players don't rest! I'm at 34W-36L in my 1994-95 season at the moment. I have 2 or 3 sharp shooters on my team (Majerle, Ainge and Wesley Person on my 1995 PHX) but when they are tired/sluggish and play more than 30 minutes per game they will miss their 3PTs shots in the open. Which is absolutely natural, no arcade feeling to this at all like in 2K13/2K14!
levynagy

Postby aslanhasan on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:33 am

Looks greate !

Maybe i'm gonna start assoc with my bulls ! Everytime i want play with chicago but i score more than 100 pts and cpu to so is clearly not realistic ( Bulls have a great defense in real life ^^)
aslanhasan

Postby levynagy on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:04 am

aslanhasan wrote:Looks greate !

Maybe i'm gonna start assoc with my bulls ! Everytime i want play with chicago but i score more than 100 pts and cpu to so is clearly not realistic ( Bulls have a great defense in real life ^^)

Yeah, the high unrealistic scoring games is sadly the issue with 2K NBA games. :cry: And that was the 1st thing I tried to fix with my sliders. Of course it also depends on the coaching profiles (if Fastbreak is too high) and the roster itself (that's why I made my own retro roster where everything is under control). But you should start a CHI 'dynasty' and see how it goes. Have fun! (Y)
levynagy

Postby mtdub on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 am

Woo Hoo i came on the forum and seen that you posted the link for the cybers aslanhasan. Thanks a million, and thanks to you to levy for the work you have done to the roster. i have tried your sliders and they are nice. This a diehard bulls fan here since the jordan days, tho they need to get it together at the moment lol.
mtdub

Postby aslanhasan on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:14 pm

I upload the all patch,i didn't think upload just cyberface files ^^
aslanhasan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding