Med's NBA Roster v12.1c Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster for 2K14 BETA v0.2 RELEASED

Postby Moazam on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:18 am

Jordan could lock-up LeBron easy.

"Heroes come and go, but legends are forever."
Moazam

Postby Medevenx on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:42 am

Moazam wrote:bEST ROSTER EVAR

jenksalot wrote:SHIT JUST GOT REAL

lol thanks guys!

slimm44 wrote:Here is a link to the plays that are color-coded by how effectively the AI can run them. I thought this might save you a few hundred hours in determining which plays you want to use. Probably 80% of all the plays in the game have been tested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =drive_web

Does green means it always works? What about the plays that don't have colors? Thanks for this!

slimm44 wrote:
TorukMakto wrote:nice share mate! (Y) :D :applaud:

That's what it's about, man. I'm not interested in trying to have the "best roster". I'd rather help everybody have the best experience possible. I have a few other shared items in my roster thread if you want to take a look. They're usable for whoever wants them.

Like I said in my last post here, I want everyone to have the best overall experience this season and we both need to work on our specialties to bring that to the public this season!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby giolove143 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:22 pm

the roster i use for 2k13. nice man ! one question: are those compatible with association ? like the rotation/mins of players accurate ? its bothers me when 2k change the rotation/mins of all team when playing in association mode. all 12 players play, but that doesn't seem right when we see it in a real nba games. maybe miami and some teams go with 12 player rotation in some cases but in regular basis it should be 9-10 player rotation. I hope you can address this particular issue bcos your roster is very good.
Image Image
giolove143

Postby [Cam] on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:26 pm

excellent work as always (Y) (Y) glad to see you back man
[Cam]
✪ Baby-faced Assassin ✪

Postby buzzy on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Good stuff, I'm gonna try these out later. (Y)
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby thelorn on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Great work, plays very smooth, enjoying it.
Last edited by thelorn on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thelorn

Postby Tha King on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:34 pm

welcome back man! hope you saw my message on fb.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby NateG on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:01 pm

By far best rosters out! :applaud: No offense to other modders (as I lack the time, and talent to mod lol) but this should be the official community roster project with contributions from all. Take your time with ratings changes because I feel 2k has done a decent job so far and only time will tell who needs to be edited...but please PLEASE add Vitor Faverani in the next update. He's starting for the Celtics and BALLED the other night 12 points, 18 rebounds, and 6 blocks. Once the playbooks are edited, I'll personally be ready to start my Association. Once again, thanks you for this!
NateG

Postby DroseMVP2011 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm

GREAT ROSTER BRO! derrick rose should not be with a slim body his actually pretty big could you maybe leave him to normal?
DroseMVP2011

Postby mlp111 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:15 pm

I haven't used your roster yet, but i'm hoping you updated dwight howards body type as well.... He isn't as muscular as he use to be, I would say normal body type
mlp111

Postby Medevenx on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:51 pm

giolove143 wrote:the roster i use for 2k13. nice man ! one question: are those compatible with association ? like the rotation/mins of players accurate ? its bothers me when 2k change the rotation/mins of all team when playing in association mode. all 12 players play, but that doesn't seem right when we see it in a real nba games. maybe miami and some teams go with 12 player rotation in some cases but in regular basis it should be 9-10 player rotation. I hope you can address this particular issue bcos your roster is very good.

Thanks! That's never really possible with any roster. I think that needs a modified association file. However, it's not guaranteed that the CPU coach won't change the rotations.

[Cam] wrote:excellent work as always (Y) (Y) glad to see you back man

buzzy wrote:Good stuff, I'm gonna try these out later. (Y)

thelorn wrote:Great work, plays very smooth, enjoying it.

Thanks guys!

Tha King wrote:welcome back man! hope you saw my message on fb.

I did! Updating a lot of colors now.

NateG wrote:By far best rosters out! :applaud: No offense to other modders (as I lack the time, and talent to mod lol) but this should be the official community roster project with contributions from all. Take your time with ratings changes because I feel 2k has done a decent job so far and only time will tell who needs to be edited...but please PLEASE add Vitor Faverani in the next update. He's starting for the Celtics and BALLED the other night 12 points, 18 rebounds, and 6 blocks. Once the playbooks are edited, I'll personally be ready to start my Association. Once again, thanks you for this!

Don't worry I just finished adding all the 18 missing players. Thanks btw!

DroseMVP2011 wrote:GREAT ROSTER BRO! derrick rose should not be with a slim body his actually pretty big could you maybe leave him to normal?

If anything, Westbrook and Rose should have the same body type. However, Rose is really a toned ripped guy with broad shoulders.

If we make his body type normal because of this case, we have to change a lot of players like George Hill, etc. A lot of globals have modified body types that have larger shoulders and 2K14's Next-Gen models have large shoulders for the slim body types that reflect what they really intended with that body type.

Just compare him with other players like James Harden who have the Normal body type.

mlp111 wrote:I haven't used your roster yet, but i'm hoping you updated dwight howards body type as well.... He isn't as muscular as he use to be, I would say normal body type

I'm thinking of making an adjustment to his muscle tone instead. I'll probably make him Buff instead of Ripped, but with that, I'll have to do that with Wade too.

I've also started developing my own Game Sliders set for this year's game. The same stuff is still there like CPU Hall of Fame Speed cheese, etc. I'll need to play a lot more and simulate more, gathering data, etc.

I've also made some adjustments to the signature skill assignment 2K did. A lot of progress has been made today, in fact. Now, onto jump shots!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby allenencomienda071804 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 am

Hey kabayan! Good job on your roster Meds. I just want to ask if you change Jordan Farmar's body? Coz he is not on the list above but his head got really big. I also notice that his tattoo at his back is gone (im using scarface cf for farmar). I also tried the default cf but still its very big. You might want to check that out. Best roster out there! Thank you kabayan!
allenencomienda071804

Postby boodahistheone1 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:12 am

Amazing roster. I hope you hook up with jampasir again for his shoes. I'm glad you let us test it too. One thing, Jordan Farmer, of the Lakers, cyberface is wrong. I can post a screen shot later, I'm on my phone right now. I'll post more corrections as I go through each team. Everything else is perfect so far. Glad you decided to do this again. Peace
boodahistheone1

Postby boodahistheone1 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 am

Sorry, I didn't notice the post above me also addressed Farmar..I'm gonna look up scarface's cyberface for Farmar and see if it works.
boodahistheone1

Postby boodahisthe1 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:51 am

I applied scarface's Jordan Farmar cyberface and its still wrong. In the game it looks like a mixture of michael conley and someone else. I couldnt post a screenshot. Is anyone else's Farmar wrong in Med's Roster? Need to see if its just me.
boodahisthe1

Postby Medevenx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:01 am

That issue is not roster-related. The cyberface for Jordan Farmar is large by default, similar to a lot of cases before (John Wall, Jeff Green) and with the newer players. We need cyberface patchers to make new cyberfaces or shrink their heads. Look at Chris Johnson (Center) from the FA pool.

Also, I changed my mind about Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose. Both now have Normal body types.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby allenencomienda071804 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:32 am

Medevenx wrote:That issue is not roster-related. The cyberface for Jordan Farmar is large by default, similar to a lot of cases before (John Wall, Jeff Green) and with the newer players. We need cyberface patchers to make new cyberfaces or shrink their heads. Look at Chris Johnson (Center) from the FA pool.

Also, I changed my mind about Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose. Both now have Normal body types.

Thanks for the reply kabayan! When i used other roster (cams, kova and 2k default) Farmars head is normal. Only on your roster his head gets big. Anyway waiting for your update with new sig shot and plays! Im very excited to see you in 2k14!
allenencomienda071804

Postby Medevenx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:58 am

allenencomienda071804 wrote:Thanks for the reply kabayan! When i used other roster (cams, kova and 2k default) Farmars head is normal. Only on your roster his head gets big. Anyway waiting for your update with new sig shot and plays! Im very excited to see you in 2k14!

I just found out that my roster base (October 25) uses another Jordan Farmar cyberface and portrait ID for some reason. Fixed this in the next version, thanks!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Angelo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:19 am

I really would like to help out with the roster edits but i don't know where to start :lol: . I think ill just wait till the plays will be incorporated correctly then ill gladly help :D. I have been doing some edits on the roster especially the ratings and the tendencies part but still i cant seem to really get out the best gameplay as possible. :(
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby boodahisthe1 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 am

Medevenx wrote:
allenencomienda071804 wrote:Thanks for the reply kabayan! When i used other roster (cams, kova and 2k default) Farmars head is normal. Only on your roster his head gets big. Anyway waiting for your update with new sig shot and plays! Im very excited to see you in 2k14!

I just found out that my roster base (October 25) uses another Jordan Farmar cyberface and portrait ID for some reason. Fixed this in the next version, thanks!

Thanks for the answer. This is not a big problem for me. Your roster is the only one I use so I'll take what I get. Cant wait for the next update but this roster is just fine for now. PEACE
boodahisthe1

Postby Medevenx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Kris wrote:I really would like to help out with the roster edits but i don't know where to start :lol: . I think ill just wait till the plays will be incorporated correctly then ill gladly help :D. I have been doing some edits on the roster especially the ratings and the tendencies part but still i cant seem to really get out the best gameplay as possible. :(

Thanks lol

boodahisthe1 wrote:Thanks for the answer. This is not a big problem for me. Your roster is the only one I use so I'll take what I get. Cant wait for the next update but this roster is just fine for now. PEACE

You're welcome bro!

Expect v0.3 to be released soon (within the next 1~3 days)! Just finished touching up the missing players. Now I need to add the missing legends and fix the rotations finally. A lot of animations have been updated!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby iamravegfx on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Hey meds, You will add a team in this roster ? like you did in 2k13? the retros ?
iamravegfx

Postby mmq on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Euroleague Teams fix please :)
Without creating players, if you don't think is neccesary. Only trading players that are in Euro teams would be good. If you want I can give you a list.
mmq

Postby golasahaifa on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm

what sliders you recommend with this roster?
golasahaifa

Postby Medevenx on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 am

iamravegfx wrote:Hey meds, You will add a team in this roster ? like you did in 2k13? the retros ?

Not right away. Not sure though. I'll most likely wait for REDitor when I finally decide to add teams.

mmq wrote:Euroleague Teams fix please :)
Without creating players, if you don't think is neccesary. Only trading players that are in Euro teams would be good. If you want I can give you a list.

Give me a list please, thanks! I'll try to do this but there's no guarantee.

golasahaifa wrote:what sliders you recommend with this roster?

Haven't tried other sliders but I'm developing my own slider set for the roster.

BAD NEWS

The Fantasy Star Trainer is buggy as hell and is incredibly inconvenient. Then again, at least we have something to edit with. However, I encountered a bug that cannot be undone and I have to use my backup from November 2, 12 nn and the bug occurred today at November 3, 11:30 pm. That's an entire day of work that got completely undone. I have university this week too (also it's my birthday today November 4) so the release will be delayed a bit. Luckily, I still have the changelogs I did along with the other buggy roster that I can still use for reference. It'll take a while but at least I'll make sure that this time it won't be buggy.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding