done

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: COLLEGE HOOPS 2k14 PROJECT: TEAMS LISTED in MOD

Postby skoadam on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:43 am

jerseys working 2
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby ngwilli411 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 am

I have a feeling that this year's mod will be the most complete and detailed one yet
ngwilli411

Postby Phreezy P on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:44 am

Amazing to know (almost) all the mods still work. A lot should be accomplished this time around.
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby Behindshadows on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Yes I am waiting on a valid roster editor so I can get started on the database and teams.....

We are going to do amazing this year guys, I've already told 2ksports and the former College Hoops developers about this project.

Let's make it amazing!!! Let's do this as if its the last in the series....going big this season..
Live Life Don't Let Life Live You!
Behindshadows

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Behindshadows wrote:Yes I am waiting on a valid roster editor so I can get started on the database and teams.....

We are going to do amazing this year guys, I've already told 2ksports and the former College Hoops developers about this project.

Let's make it amazing!!! Let's do this as if its the last in the series....going big this season..

You might as well set a hard date right now as a deadline for whether or not you're actually going to forge through with the project this year, with respect to the release of REDitor or another roster editing tool. That way at least people can be aware, and if the date draws near, make other plans for pushing forward without you if need be.

Also, if you set a date not too far off into the future, somebody else can start piecing together the aspects of this mod that you contribute, since you're not big on sharing your work or granting permission. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby johnbuckeyefan on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 am

Once you get the complete list of players I can have ratings and tendencies done in a few days
johnbuckeyefan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Behindshadows on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:02 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Behindshadows wrote:Yes I am waiting on a valid roster editor so I can get started on the database and teams.....

You might as well set a hard date right now as a deadline for whether or not you're actually going to forge through with the project this year, with respect to the release of REDitor or another roster editing tool. That way at least people can be aware, and if the date draws near, make other plans for pushing forward without you if need be.

Also, if you set a date not too far off into the future, somebody else can start piecing together the aspects of this mod that you contribute, since you're not big on sharing your work or granting permission. (Y)

No and No and No....

No date as it's done when it's done.

No leaving the project...this has been mine for years and when I stay with it, it turns out great. I only pick reliable and the most talented patchers to be apart of it. As they are respectable young men, with the same passion for the series that I have. (I had a family crisis last year that took me away.) I am here to bring my baby back to it's greatness.

and No permissions, etc, etc. So people can still our damn cf's just to make Draft Classes like they do every year....Won't contribute to the project, but always want to take stuff and make their own projects with the files...it's unfair to my team and unfair to the CH project, year after year....

Besides false dates leave negative expectations....(It will be done, when it's done)

Full player rosters with numbers will be posted next Wednesday...
Behindshadows

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Behindshadows wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

No and No and No....

No date as it's done when it's done.

No leaving the project...this has been mine for years and when I stay with it, it turns out great. I only pick reliable and the most talented patchers to be apart of it. As they are respectable young men, with the same passion for the series that I have. (I had a family crisis last year that took me away.) I am here to bring my baby back to it's greatness.

and No permissions, etc, etc. So people can still our damn cf's just to make Draft Classes like they do every year....Won't contribute to the project, but always want to take stuff and make their own projects with the files...it's unfair to my team and unfair to the CH project, year after year....

Besides false dates leave negative expectations....(It will be done, when it's done)

Full player rosters with numbers will be posted next Wednesday...

I believe you missed my point. I don't mean to set a release date for the mod, but a deadline that, if REDitor is not released by, that you won't be participating in it, so that there is not a repeat of last year where two days before the tool was released, you decided you did not want to put in the work anymore (and understandably so; certainly nobody can blame you). You've got to have some date in your head that, if you don't have the roster tools necessary by, you're going to bail on the project as you did in 2K13. You might as well just state that date now, so that if it draws near, people aren't disappointed and somebody else can step up and keep it going for those who are interested. It's not something that you get to just shut down or open up, as you see fit. It's a community project. Last year there were several people putting in countless hours of work to put together a mod, and then you just decided you didn't want to do it. If not for a computer catastrophe, it would have been released, good as ever, with minimal input on your end; thanks to great work by johnbuckeyes and others (not to mention the work put in by Jao initially, which generally seems to go overlooked and under-appreciated).

Aside from all that, the general self-promotion and self-righteousness and feeling that as you do this, you make it more about you than the actual community, definitely rubs me the wrong way (I can't speak on behalf of anyone else; maybe I'm alone here). You seem to like to hold the cards, and feel important ("This has been mine for years and when I stay with it, it turns out great"). Yours? What's yours? I understand you're buddies with the CF makers and other contributors, but certainly nothing here is "yours", aside from what you specifically make, if you want to be technical, which is still just fluff nonsense. To me, it reads plain as day in your posts. "I only pick reliable and the most talented patchers..." -- the reality is you'll accept any quality work from anybody willing to contribute, as should you. You're not picking anything, and if you either believe you are, or at any point actually are, then again, you've missed the mark by miles. Just call a spade a spade. You do some of the work and organize all of the work that others contribute. It's important for big undertakings like this; I get that. I've played that role before, back in 2006 and 2007 in this very community for the SUM mod with Jao, PDub, c0nrad, etc. Only I didn't pretend that I was doing more than I was, or that the mod was mine, and not the collective work of the entire NLSC. The reality is that this mod can be made with or without you (not a criticism of you, but it's a fact), whether or not you'd like to believe that. It can be made without any single person here. It's a community project. You claiming ownership of it, and trying to hold work hostage over the heads of others is a big reason you don't actually have more people contributing. It's extremely off-putting. I have no dog in this, since I don't make Draft Classes or anything of that nature, so I'm not rallying for a cause or anything here. But it's lame. It was lame when people were looking to pick back steam on the NCAA 2K13 work that had been done via countless hours of people other than yourself, and you felt you had the right to chime in that nobody had permission to use anything, as if that were even something within your power. It's something I would expect my teenage students to do. The 'I'm taking my ball and going home, so now no one can play!' mentality.

You seem like a good enough guy, and I wish both you and everybody else contributing to this project the best of luck this season, and hopefully massive success. Looking forward to hopefully playing it in the future. But you desperately need a realignment of priority. Because you're not as important as you seem to believe you are (this is something a lot of people here at the NLSC could stand to learn -- people love to pretend that A+ mods haven't been being made long before their arrival, or long after their departure. There's always someone else who can either already do or will learn to do what you can do, and may do it better. It's something I've accepted for a long time, and it's helped me appreciate everyone here a lot more as a member for the better part of the last decade). And you've certainly turned me off from wanting to contribute anything to this only to have you later on feel you have the power to not grant permission to others to use the work, or pretend like it was some massive undertaking on your end alone.

Either way, I'm done here. Again, best of luck. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby BEAST10 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:44 am

Edit
Last edited by BEAST10 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard!
BEAST10

Postby Behindshadows on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:44 am

I understand everything you said, I quoted your post and highlighted a lot of things you said and was going to comment in a negative smartass way, and then realize I'm going on 40 years old and should be more mature about this conversation.

So I'll just comment on the points that make sense to me. First this is my project, just like Eda is seen for doing the FIBA projects, just like Tsogood is now seen for doing the WNBA Project, etc. Even though he has a team every year that helps with CF's, Graphics and more. It's still him as the project lead. Means he builds the database, does some graphics work, and so forth and tries to keep things in order and from crashing.

It doesn't discredit all the people who put time into helping with the project and creating majority of the files. As you see I posted in the first post. everyone's name and what they contribute to the mod. It's just as much their mod as it is mine. We are a team.

I talk to my team mates away from NLSC in email and a lot on Facebook, we talk almost every week and some every day. Even after you posted that long winded comment, a lot of them sent me messages on Facebook laughing about it. Because all I do is say the things they tell me to post, and on some notes I agree with them.

I had to ask a few of them to contribute to the 2k13 mod, because even though the torch was handed to Johnbuckeyefan, a lot of them didn't want to help with the project, because I wasn't over it that year. Even John kept in touch with me throughout on edits and ideas. That's why I said I worked in the background on it. I almost lost my father 2 years ago in a fatal accident, I spent majority of last year helping him finish his recovery. My family and my father came first, the 2k13 wasn't that important to me over his life and health.....RED MC coming out late, just crippled the little time I did have to contribute, it's why John was working on it. Now people need to get over the fact that his CPU crashed and lost the next and final patch. Things happen and this was just one of those things.

Bassman58 is the guy that made almost every team file for the project since 2k11, Pepis21 (Jerseys from Day 1), Amarowaade, Pooh, tree66262, R4zoR, KingDareal, etc. Have been with me on this project since 2k11...I constantly keep up with all of them and talk with them in private. They aren't happy with how their files are used with other projects and they get no credit.

How R4zoR creates CF's and Pooh creates CF's and people alter or messed them up, and edit them into draft classes and never attempted to help us with a 100 plus team mod of College teams....I get messages from them all the time, telling me they are tired of the selfish people on NLSC and how they just want to quit sometimes! And I play the advocate and try to convince some of them to keep patching and not stopping their great talents.

Me and Brian aka Bassman, spent almost 6 months discussing ideas and teams files, logos and more....I created over 238 team logos from scratch, designed my own scripts and stuff from scratch using logo maker pro...and my stuff got used in 2k13 project along with others and none of them got credit. Later they did and wasn't happy about it...I got irate message to speak on it with John and he later added their names.

So yeah I'm the just the lead developer lol, so to speak and my team makes work on graphics, etc. And I just try to create some kind of organization to it..When RED MC comes out soon or later, this project will get done...especially since it seems files that are already made don't have to get redone...

- Peace...

Now bigh0rt stop causing trouble and drama....lol

Let's keep this thread on a positive note and move forward...
Behindshadows

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 am

As I said, best of luck with this project on 2K14. Looking forward to see how it develops. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Behindshadows on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Great news, not only have I got 80% of our original team back, but a lot of new comers and previous guys from 2k13 project...

Been contacting them in private and they are rejoining and going to help be sure this project grows the right way..

Thank you so much guys, still waiting on about 5 more guys to respond and we will be 110% back....
Behindshadows

Postby Ebraam101 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:57 am

We will never be 110% back. Maybe 90% but never 110% without bigh0rt. For all the new-comers go back to the NBA2k13 project and look on how many stuff he helped us with.
I know i am not best modder here, but on behalf of this project i say sorry and BEG to bigh0rt to come back. Because we truly need him.
By the way, i am not on anybody's side i am just on the community's side.
xoamberxo222 wrote:"We choose to mod 2k15 and other things not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

Kccitystar wrote:"You underestimate a modder's willpower.
Nothing is a waste of time. Where there is a will, there is a way."
Ebraam101

Postby Roberto on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:01 am

it would be great if Koresh joins this project, his cfs are amazing¡¡¡¡¡¡
Roberto

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:18 am

Ebraam101 wrote:We will never be 110% back. Maybe 90% but never 110% without bigh0rt. For all the new-comers go back to the NBA2k13 project and look on how many stuff he helped us with.
I know i am not best modder here, but on behalf of this project i say sorry and BEG to bigh0rt to come back. Because we truly need him.
By the way, i am not on anybody's side i am just on the community's side.

This project can, should, and I believe will be incredible, and won't miss me in the slightest. Have no worries. (Y) So there's certainly no reason to let that have any impact on your expectations. There's incredibly talented people putting lots of effort into this already, so no reason to have any expectations other than what you would otherwise. I only hope that the proper roster editing program is released soon enough for things to really get rolling.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Ebraam101 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 am

Thanks for the encouragement, bigh0rt. And it is true we have the best modders in the community.
xoamberxo222 wrote:"We choose to mod 2k15 and other things not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

Kccitystar wrote:"You underestimate a modder's willpower.
Nothing is a waste of time. Where there is a will, there is a way."
Ebraam101

Postby monta8curry on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:33 am

Really looking forward to this!
monta8curry

Postby vnardella5 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:41 am

if u need a title page or a cover or custom covers...monta8curry and i are the ones to go to...
vnardella5

Postby Behindshadows on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:31 pm

vnardella5 wrote:if u need a title page or a cover or custom covers...monta8curry and i are the ones to go to...

We will definitely be needing those...both of you guys are getting added to list...Thanks in advance..appreciate it..
Behindshadows

Postby KingDarealHD on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Quinn Cook with Newest Look. Created by Me and RaZor. The Greatest collab team ever lol.

KingDarealHD
LOOK AT ME

Postby vnardella5 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Behindshadows wrote:
vnardella5 wrote:if u need a title page or a cover or custom covers...monta8curry and i are the ones to go to...

We will definitely be needing those...both of you guys are getting added to list...Thanks in advance..appreciate it..

great!! we make some nasty covers if anyone remembers
vnardella5

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:10 am

That looks awesome. Great work, guys.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby .aristotle on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:20 am

Started a new job in NYC so time is not on my side. But willing to help out by doing a few jersey's here and there. Once I have extra time I can redo the jersey's i made last year if you guys want.
.aristotle

Postby Behindshadows on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 am

.aristotle wrote:Started a new job in NYC so time is not on my side. But willing to help out by doing a few jersey's here and there. Once I have extra time I can redo the jersey's i made last year if you guys want.

Hey Aristotle that would be great, me and Pepis21 were just discussing that yesterday...if you would shoot him a PM and let him know which jersey's your going going to work on so we don't have duplicates.

Thanks in advance and your name is also added to the list...
Behindshadows

Postby vnardella5 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:58 am

i can help out with a few jerseys too....i dont really care which ones, as we have most of them anyway..i could maybe whip up some like concepts, unless u wanna keep it realistic
vnardella5

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding