NLSC Podcast: Questions & Topic Suggestions

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: NLSC Podcast: Questions & Topic Suggestions

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:15 am

being that 2k6 on the xbox 360 was mostly just the xbox version with better graphics and a few added animations, what are your early expectations on how 2k14 will be different on next gen than current gen?

Do you think the implementation of player personalities will continue to grow with next gen? (ie players reacting on court to being subbed out, losing, winning, being in a contract year, getting their big break, etc)
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:20 pm

We're recording in a little under 12 hours, if anyone has any mailbag questions or reactions to NBA 2K14 they'd like us to read out/react to.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:46 am

I am ... T---> G----> so good. Everytime someone gives me credit on the podcast or on youtube they say " T S so Good". I dont get it :roll:
Having said that I would like to thank Jaosming for first promoting the "girls in the open court" mod. It open the door for me to have a lot
of help with the WNBA mod.

---------------------------------
(first question)

what do you guys think about the idea of integrating mods?
I am working with others on the Generic High School mod. Do you guys believe that we will be able to integrate rosters with NCAA mod,
and do you think People would like to then integrate to other leagues.

Last year I created to mods with children. "kids on the playground" and "backyard basketball" which featured girls and boys.
I really think the replay value of the game would be greatly increased if you could play different mods taking a character and going
from a child, to high school, then college, then overseas or D-League, and finally NBA or Olympic/National teams.
Also you could take the path of a fallen high school star and go from kid, to high school, maybe college, and then become a street legend
using some of the street mods. This type of integration can be used with female characters also. I proved last year with the WNBA mod
that there is some interest there. Modding has come a long way. With the uncertainty of getting a next-gen type game on pc, I think we
need to really push the limit on modding this year in order for the pc title to stay relevant.

--------------------------------------------------------------
(second comment)

I just watched the NBA 2k14 OMG trailer and there is no way mods are recreating that type of gameplay or graphics. We may get close but
next-gen will only get better. Just think of how "REAL" 2k7 looked on xbox 360 and ps3. The player models, faces, arenas, skin colors, jersey/ shoe textures and models, court spacing, animations, etc have all been greatly refined and improved since the "Realistic" 2k7 release. So I imagine a similar trajectory with these next gen games coming. Yes they look "So REAL" now but the games and feel of the games will only get better. If we don't see a pc basketball game from 2K or EA for a few years, we will be left trying to mod 2k14. Just wait until we adjust to seeing those graphics on next gen. We will look at current gen 2k14 like we look at nba live 08 on pc.
Last edited by TGsoGood on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:50 am

-------
( another comment)
I don't think next gen graphics are coming to the pc any time soon unless 2k is able to line up the dollars i.e. pre-orders for pc. Pirating I believe would be too great for a sports game with next gen graphics on the pc. Maybe Soccer could pull it off in terms of making a good number of sales for pc, but I don't believe basketball can produce enough buyers for the PC version to justify a release on PC as soon as next year.
Maybe they can release ALL-Pro Basketball for the PC with next gen graphics and gameplay but make it very generic and basic.
Then the NBA would not be upset and we could still mod it to be an NBA game. But seriously I doubt anything next gen is coming our way unless they have a very good reason for it.

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:25 am

In your opinion, who was the worst player to ever play for your favourite team?

This can either be the worst basketball player or your least favourite.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby athozoan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:51 am

nba 2k Next gen install sizes quote from this blog http://m.xboxone.mmgn.com/news--nba-2k14s-next-gen-download-is-bigger-than-le

Both NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14 came in at under 8GB for a digital download on PS3 and Xbox 360, but the next gen version of the game -- which will be unveiled tomorrow with a new gameplay trailer -- will put a huge dent in your monthly download quota.
Two listings on Amazon for the PS3-PS4 and Xbox 360-Xbox One Super Fan Pack reveal both the PS4 and Xbox One versions will require at least 50GB of free harddrive space.
The news, however, is unsurprising: back in February, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida said PS4 games will be 50GB.
But considering how good NBA 2K14 already looks, the jump in download size demonstrates just how amazing the game's going to look on next gen hardware.
Let's also not forget this screenshot from the other day.
athozoan

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:59 pm

We're recording in about 24 hours so if you have any questions or topic suggestions, please post them ASAP!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:27 pm

do you think that NBA 2K14 will have any chance at all for GOTY?
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Appreciate the question, we did answer it in this week's show, which will be up in a few hours.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 am

We'll be recording Episode #55 within the next few days, so we invite you to send in your questions about NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, as well as any other questions or topic suggestions that you may have for us. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 am

- 3 most and least favorable early impressions of the next-gen basketball games, and I expect a follow-up from Andrew and Ben on this when they have the games and consoles. If you want to wait until you all have it, by all means.

- PS4 vs X1 launch line-up, revisited. After the delaying of some games to next year, which one's the king right now? Again, just game lineups, not talking about the consoles themselves. How does it compare to previous generation launch lineups?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 am

As long as we can pry Jon away from the console, I expect he'll be able to deliver that this week. Ben and I will have to come back to that after the 29th, of course.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Add to that favorite camera angle to play with, and whether you change based on the mode. I for one have been a Broadcast guy for full team control and slowly shifting myself to Beluba slightly zoomed out. As for player-lock (MyCAREER, for example), I've been using 2K. No idea why, I just felt more comfortable with it when using just my guy. How about you fellas?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ziyaad on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 am

can you guys give your opinions on Sean OBrien saying they will improve graphics and animations with patches?
ziyaad

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 am

We'll definitely be doing that, we always cover what's in the news at the top of the show. Any other questions for the mailbag?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bonbonguy123321 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:27 pm

nba live 14 needs some arcade features
bonbonguy123321

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 am

Both Arcane and JaoSming have had to take a rain check on this week’s Podcast, which of course reduces the panel to yours truly. Hopefully, we’ll all be available to bring you a regular episode next week, but in the meantime I thought I’d invite the community to send in some mailbag questions, so that I can try my hand at a solo Q&A session.

Worst case scenario, I’ll hold onto the questions for all of us to answer in an upcoming episode. However, if there are enough questions, I’ll record a short episode and post it a little later on today. We also have a few more goodies to give away, so if I do end up recording a Q&A episode, I’ll probably have another giveaway to go along with it. Otherwise, listen out for that in a future episode.

With that said, if you’ve got some questions you’d like me to answer, topics you’d like me to give some quick thoughts on, or predictions you’d like me to embarrass myself with, let me have them!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:52 am

We're still looking to have another installment of the mailbag in this week's episode, so if you have any submissions, be sure to get them in ASAP!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Sat May 03, 2014 5:56 pm

If this is still available...
Questions:
1.) Who do you think will be the cover of 2k15?
2.) What do you think is gonna get added from next-gen to the PC version? Is it the Park?
3.) Will NBA 2k follow NBA Live's face scan?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Sun May 04, 2014 11:05 pm

It's still open as long as we're doing the Podcast, and we're still doing the Podcast. :) Thanks for the submissions!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BAROCKAFELLA on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:34 am

Ben and Andrew...smh.
You guys love to crap on the MyPlayer portion of NBA2K14. You argument is that your Career is dictated by a Linear story and you ultimately lack control of what your player is able to accomplish in the game. That's a fair argument in terms of story. Where I disagree with you is in terms of gameplay. Ben stated there are games that the outcome is predetermined and there is no way to overcome a deficit created by the CPU. That may be the case if you haven't already purchased and equipped The ONCOURT COACH perk for your MyPlayer. This perk is a game changer! No longer are you stuck running a flex offense with inept cpu defenders on defense. With this perk you run EVERYTHING regardless of your position. You set the offense and defense for every position. If you run multiple defensive sets on every possession, there is little chance for the CPU to beat you unless you give up the 3pt shot. If you want Real control in your My Career, I highly suggest picking up the ON COURT COACH perk and equipping it to your MyPlayer. Sure it costs 10000VC, but its worth it. Trust me. Completely different game once its equipped to your MyPlayer. And once again it works for every position. Not just PG. If you're still getting hammered with this perk equipped, well than at least it'll be on you and NOT your CPU teammates. Try it out.
BAROCKAFELLA

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:02 am

BAROCKAFELLA wrote:Ben and Andrew...smh.
You guys love to crap on the MyPlayer portion of NBA2K14. You argument is that your Career is dictated by a Linear story and you ultimately lack control of what your player is able to accomplish in the game. That's a fair argument in terms of story.

...and that's basically the only criticism I've personally made of the next gen approach to MyCAREER. Well, that and the grading system, which I still think needs to be tweaked a little as it looks to punish the player more than reward, and the VC rewards are too stingy in general. Ben has his own criticisms of the mode, as that's what he's been playing the most this year. Perhaps he can try out your suggestion, though.

The reason I "crap on" MyCAREER in NBA 2K14 next gen so much is because the linear story approach really disappointed me, as I enjoyed the mode so much in NBA 2K13 on PC. I had my reservations about it during the preview season last year, and my worst fears were confirmed. I understand if it isn't an issue for other people, but for me, it's prevented me from playing a mode I really got into. It's no different from so many YouTubers who constantly "crap on" the new Crew mode, because it isn't exactly what they wanted. Pet peeves and major annoyances alike tend to come up a lot in conversation. ;)

Also, just a heads up, this thread is for topic suggestions and mailbag submissions, the other thread is for responses and episode discussion...unless of course, that was intended to be a mailbag submission. In that case, I guess we could always clarify our position further.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am

BAROCKAFELLA wrote:Ben and Andrew...smh.
You guys love to crap on the MyPlayer portion of NBA2K14. You argument is that your Career is dictated by a Linear story and you ultimately lack control of what your player is able to accomplish in the game. That's a fair argument in terms of story. Where I disagree with you is in terms of gameplay. Ben stated there are games that the outcome is predetermined and there is no way to overcome a deficit created by the CPU. That may be the case if you haven't already purchased and equipped The ONCOURT COACH perk for your MyPlayer. This perk is a game changer! No longer are you stuck running a flex offense with inept cpu defenders on defense. With this perk you run EVERYTHING regardless of your position. You set the offense and defense for every position. If you run multiple defensive sets on every possession, there is little chance for the CPU to beat you unless you give up the 3pt shot. If you want Real control in your My Career, I highly suggest picking up the ON COURT COACH perk and equipping it to your MyPlayer. Sure it costs 10000VC, but its worth it. Trust me. Completely different game once its equipped to your MyPlayer. And once again it works for every position. Not just PG. If you're still getting hammered with this perk equipped, well than at least it'll be on you and NOT your CPU teammates. Try it out.

This is the game mode I have spent 90+% of my time playing in 2K14 as well as 2K13 and 2K11 (I didn't get much time on 2K12 because my OG 40gb PS3 died only a few hours after playing 2K12). I enjoyed 2K13 myPlayer more despite a lot of the same frustrations in CPU and team mate AI and the dreaded VC. 2K14 has really really stepped up with making those frustrations more noticeable for me and it stands out like a baboons ass. I am not the only one who feels this is a problem with particularity the pre determined results there is a thread in the OS forums asking about it with other users here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... mined.html

I shouldn't have to download or purchase a side game or addon to counteract it it should never be there to start with. My own ability to play the game should be the only thing that can overcome an opponent to read and react to what they do and same applies to the CPU it should be able to beat me on a level playing field not go ok you will miss 70% of your layups in this quarter and team mates will be as useless as spraying windex on a sharks back. Outcomes should not be determined by cash grabs and linear experience or predetermined outcomes in a sports game.

I have said this a few times in previous podcasts I loved what NBA Elite 11 had with Become Legendary game mode that bounce back feature for if you had a bad game or missed a game winner or scenario allowed you to redeem yourself in another game so it still gave you a chance for that bonus reward that was fantastic because you missed those opportunities originally on your own and not by a pre determined outcome.

Also we have stated that the whole thing with the voice over intro to myCareer is about you telling your own story and not nobody else is well to be honest false advertising when aside from those outcomes you also have everyone having 95% of the same experience in the first year alone in how their career goes you get drafted you sit on the bench awhile team mate rolls ankle from a jumpshot you get your opportunity to play while he is recovering you stand up for a player in a fight situation you have their back so on and so on. I understand that this is their first year implementing such a big story line element to the game but yeah a bit more versatility and variety would of been nice.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Episode #86 has been delayed until next week. We'd like to run another listener mailbag, so get those questions, comments, and topic suggestions in ASAP!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Topic suggestions : FREE AGENCY and the nba team's future this season i.e. how good they will be this next season or how bad they'll be.
Questions:
-The Decision (part 2) Bron to cavs or heat?
- Next-Gen to PC? Or Current-Gen?
- New Features Predictions for NBA 2K15
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard