FULL ARENA MUSIC MOD RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

FULL ARENA MUSIC MOD RELEASED!

Postby melomanu20 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Ok guys.. so here is Version 1 of my Arena Music Mod. This is the 1st time im releasing something so be easy on me and let me know what you think for those of you who try it.

I would like to give a huge thanks to Nesa & Leftos :bowdown2: Without their amazing tool, none of this would be possible! So major credit to them. I also would like to give alot of credit to the guys over in the operation sports forums. They have done some amazing things over there with arena music. And lastly Jaosming for posting a link here in this forum which allowed me to find that site. Thanks to all.

I decided to try and make a mod like this cause no one has released anything like this at all from what i've seen. When Leftos and Nesa made the tool i was certain someone was going to release something like this but to my surprise it hasnt happened. So im excited to be the 1st. But of course with that there will be some flaws. Theres still things to be tweaked.. but im happy with it thus far which is why im releasing it. I hope to improve it anyway i can (if possible)

* Please note there are some important things to keep in mind with this mod.

Of course i cannot control what sound or song is played or how often is gets played. I tried to evenly distribute certain sounds so that you dont get many repeats. But 2k made it difficult because there any many sounds that all 30 teams share. So of course i had to find sounds to replace those that would be ok for all 30 teams.
And 2k didnt give me much to work with (especially with certain teams) when it came to exclusive arena sounds.

Some examples of what im talking about are:

*Memphis, Miami, LA Clippers are some examples of teams that dont have lots of exclusive arena sounds. Even though they have plenty in real life.. 2k decided to give them crap that they can all share. I was able to give them their real defense music.. but on offense its rare to hear some exclusive stuff which im not happy about.

*New York, LA Lakers, Boston, San Antonio, Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta, OKC etc etc... where much better when it came to giving me options to work with. 2k gave these teams alot more exclusive arena sounds so i was able to hook them up :cheeky:

It really boils down to exclusive arena music to give that specific arena its own authentic real life feel. Every team in the league has its own set of exclusive sounds, and then they have some that are heard league wide. So i tried.. and will continue to try :D

Depending on how you guys like this, ill release a 90s and maybe even 80s music mod.

With those decades i would silence about half the sounds cause arena music wasnt as popular back then (especially during the 80s) So i can make less sounds play and try to find older organ music... etc.. And for timeout music i would do it by its decade. So theres some ideas i have with that.

Ok so heres the link:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23718724 ... MOD+V1.zip

There are two files:
1. 2k12's default Broadcast Music

2.NBA on ABC/ESPN Broadcast Music

So let me know what you guys think AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO BACKUP ORIGINAL FILE in case you wanna change it back (Y)
melomanu20

Re: FULL ARENA MUSIC MOD RELEASED!

Postby NIB on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:33 am

Melo, can you update this on mediafire, cause i can't download gamefront anymore.

Thx by the wonderful and splendid work man! :applaud:
ATECUBANOS...
Yesterday... Carried the Piano - Today, Right Now... Playing the Piano - Tomorrow... Will Listen the Piano.

Working Here, Working There... Working Everywhere!

"Michael, you're not doing today! You ain't go doing today!!" - Dennis Rodman
NIB

Postby melomanu20 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:06 am

thx nib.. how about sendspace? cause mediafire isnt letting me right now
melomanu20

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 am

melomanu20, Will you add other links? I have no luck with gamefront.

Job well done. :applaud: (Y)
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby NIB on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:46 pm

More then okay Melo...
ATECUBANOS...
Yesterday... Carried the Piano - Today, Right Now... Playing the Piano - Tomorrow... Will Listen the Piano.

NIB

Postby USMarineSoldier on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm loving this arena music MOD. You did a great job with exclusive stadium sounds too. Looking VERY!!! forward to the 90's music MOD. This will work well with Hawks rosters. Hope you add NBA on NBC music with that also (Y).
USMarineSoldier

Postby NIB on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 am

USMarineSoldier wrote:I'm loving this arena music MOD. You did a great job with exclusive stadium sounds too. Looking VERY!!! forward to the 90's music MOD. This will work well with Hawks rosters. Hope you add NBA on NBC music with that also (Y).

Along with the new download link, Marine's idea is just perfect! NBA on NBC will be the final touch on your masterpiece Melo. :D
ATECUBANOS...

NIB

Postby melomanu20 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 am

For those who cannot dl off of gamefront:

http://www.mediafire.com/?16j9doy3jfjsvj9 (abc)

http://www.mediafire.com/?24jkykn6fxi5bi5 (default)
melomanu20

Postby melomanu20 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:53 am

NIB wrote:
USMarineSoldier wrote:I'm loving this arena music MOD. You did a great job with exclusive stadium sounds too. Looking VERY!!! forward to the 90's music MOD. This will work well with Hawks rosters. Hope you add NBA on NBC music with that also (Y).

Along with the new download link, Marine's idea is just perfect! NBA on NBC will be the final touch on your masterpiece Melo. :D

Yea i already have an NBA on NBC broadcast music mod finished..

The only thing is.. i have not yet put together the arena sounds of the 90s.. i think thats gonna take me awhile

I dont think it would go right with the current day arena sounds.. or even the current day rosters for that matter
melomanu20

Postby USMarineSoldier on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:16 am

melomanu20 wrote:
NIB wrote:

Yea i already have an NBA on NBC broadcast music mod finished..

The only thing is.. i have not yet put together the arena sounds of the 90s.. i think thats gonna take me awhile

I dont think it would go right with the current day arena sounds.. or even the current day rosters for that matter

True but I know a lot of people Is playing with the retro roster and the throwback music with the NBA on NBC is perfect. We can fully relive the Jordan era :D
USMarineSoldier

Postby NIB on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 am

Yeah Melo, Marine is definitely right! Great work by the way... (Y)
ATECUBANOS...

NIB

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:02 am

great job on this melomanu20! i'm digging all the music you input into this. (Y)
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby USMarineSoldier on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:39 am

Do you plan a making a arena music MOD for 2k13? The current music would go great with Alby's roster.
USMarineSoldier

Postby melomanu20 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:16 am

I never bought 2k13 so i wouldnt be able to do that :?

im hoping it can work with 2k13. Try and see.. :wink:

Im also working on the 90s version
melomanu20

Postby USMarineSoldier on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:28 am

melomanu20 wrote:I never bought 2k13 so i wouldnt be able to do that :?

im hoping it can work with 2k13. Try and see.. :wink:

Im also working on the 90s version

Nah I tried already doesn't work :( But cant wait to check the 90's version :D
USMarineSoldier

Postby KG#5Beantown on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:01 am

This is so great Buddy! Wow... :bowdown:

as always...great work melomanu! (Y) (Y) (Y)
KG#5Beantown

Postby oilertitanfan on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 am

Very good work with realistic stadium sounds. Some are too quiet and a few too loud but overall a great addition to the game. Thanks!
oilertitanfan

Postby melomanu20 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:42 am

oilertitanfan wrote:Very good work with realistic stadium sounds. Some are too quiet and a few too loud but overall a great addition to the game. Thanks!

thanks man (Y) yea its really hard to nail everything perfect.. especially volume wise..

but if u tell me which teams youre finding too low and which teams are too loud.. ill see if i can tweak it
melomanu20

Postby NIB on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:07 am

I think NY is near perfection, maybe you can improve the lakers, and pacers too.

But in overall they're very good. Hope you rlz the 90's stadium trailer asap. :cheeky:
ATECUBANOS...

NIB

Postby melomanu20 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:32 am

NIB wrote:I think NY is near perfection, maybe you can improve the lakers, and pacers too.

But in overall they're very good. Hope you rlz the 90's stadium trailer asap. :cheeky:

lol thanx for the feedback..

glad u like it :D

So is Indiana & LA too loud? or too low?
melomanu20

Postby NIB on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 am

There's no way to put more effects on them... Btw, i think the volume can be a lil louder. We wanna feel the pressure, don't you?

Thx for the answer Melo. (Y)
ATECUBANOS...

NIB

Postby oilertitanfan on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Most of the music that plays during game intros and timeouts is loud enough but certain chants and arena sounds could use some more volume. Some chants that the Knicks/Lakers have where there is a voice before the organ plays is too loud. I'd like to see those voices taken out if possible and add a little more sound to the organ that plays
oilertitanfan

Postby Erchamion on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Great job man, thanx a lot.

Are you still working on the 90s version?
Erchamion

Postby StormsWarning on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:06 pm

n/m i seen the new link thx again. (Y)
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby Culture Games on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:44 am

Just curious, How does the Mod differentiate between ABC and ESPN broadcasts?
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Next

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding