Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

NBA 2K14 Developer Diary: Gameplay

Postby jiplatino on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:03 am

phpBB [video]

Latest Dev Diary of CG NBA 2k14
jiplatino

Re: NBA 2K14 Developer Diary: Gameplay

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 am

I'm excited for the release but still contemplating pre-ordering with just over two weeks left before the release. The games sounds as if it will be a solid current gen release but I will be playing strictly pc version. If I can not use mods day 1 then I can deal with waiting until the game is 50% off or some other kind of deal.

I think this is the year to try to really combat the pirated version and report stuff like that because I would love for 2K to have a successful pc release so that they will be motivated about continuing the series on pc
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Solid insight. I like that they emphasised the improvements in NBA 2K14 without completely trashing NBA 2K13. As noted many times before, the game doesn't look remarkably different from last year, though the clips do show off what appear to be some of the new animations here and there. Sounds like they've put some good work in, hopefully the results are pleasing and the new right stick controls work out alright.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

They should've have made more changes to the presentation and icons because people see that before they even try to notice the gameplay. Even if the gameplay really is much different or better than last year they make themselves look bad by having the same overall look to the game.

To me it is a bit disrespectful to the customers to not change the presentation of a yearly release game. Your customer already played the game for a whole year so atleast make the new one look a bit fresh to him.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Well, they did get rid of the swirls and other Jay-Z inspired designs that a lot of people disliked. What I'd really like to see them to do is form a partnership with TNT as EA Sports has done with ESPN, to really enhance the authenticity of the presentation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dascoot on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 am

I agree forming a partnership with TNT would be awesome. I would love to see them showing something after the game or highlights. The highlights would be discussed by Shaquille O Neal, Ernie Johnson, Kenny The Jet Smith and Charles Barkley. I also think they should show a mock draft during the season just like NBA Live does and not just during the offseason.
dascoot

Postby fjccommish on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:41 am

All the post game highlights in the world don't matter, if the game play isn't solid. Czar's video showed solid pick and roll for only half a play, then the AI descended into chaos.
fjccommish

Postby chicagoRAW on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:27 am

Wonder what the reason is for them not teaming up with TNT. It's definitely not money, I'm sure it can't cost more than what they dished out to Jay-Z. I think it's marketing, they don't think a partnership with TNT will sell as much as having some random Celeb.
chicagoRAW

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:18 am

It could come down to money or the terms of the deal being unappealing. They'd also have to throw out some assets, including all of Doris Burke's lines as she's ESPN.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:01 pm

chicagoRAW wrote:Wonder what the reason is for them not teaming up with TNT. It's definitely not money, I'm sure it can't cost more than what they dished out to Jay-Z. I think it's marketing, they don't think a partnership with TNT will sell as much as having some random Celeb.

I think it was the other way around, Jay-Z throwing buckets of money at 2K to have him on board as executive producer. Probably one of his plans to make noise for the newly moved Brooklyn Nets since his affiliation with the team made him synonymous with it even though he's a minority owner and his shares were probably just gas or whore money (money used to buy ho's!) for Prokhorov.

I also imagine having Jordan on a long term deal is expensive. Then LeBron as cover player.

Maybe 2K used that Jay-Z money to finally snag LeBron.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Yes, one department EA is always ahead at is the $$$ one. Weird how they didn't choose Kobe, Melo or any other superstars for cover. But still, I'm sure it would have been a good deal for both 2K and TNT. Maybe the 2K guys are not just giving that much attention to the presentation section for now. They are just focusing on the gameplay & next gen stuff.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby BrotherJRB on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:05 pm

I have never liked the idea of having TNT presentation unless it is only used like it is in real life (Thursday nights best two games and then the playoffs).

NCAA Basketball 10 was great with the two different presentation types (ESPN and CBS) too bad the game was pretty much awful to play.

I love everything I have seen from the gameplay. More contact. Realistic CPU decisions depending on how the defense is playing (CPU looks fluid not scripted).

I can't wait until I ge the game next week.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby KingDarealHD on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:46 am

Hey after watching the 2k14-2k13 Player comparisons. 2k Made the lighting better and some skintone fixes.
KingDarealHD
LOOK AT ME

Return to NBA 2K14