[Tool] Roster Workshop

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Workshop

Postby Leftos on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 pm

hotjabur, there was a legitimate bug (a column had been renamed in the final version of REDitor), but you shouldn't just select all the player data and have it merged. For example, if you copy all the information in the Status category without copying team rosters over, you may end up with players in the wrong teams or wearing wrong jerseys or duplicate players or the game crashing altogether.

This video should help explain how NBA 2K12's version worked, which is similar to this year's one, including what you should and what you shouldn't pick:

phpBB [video]

Let me know if you encounter any other bugs.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ayarauuf on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:25 am

ayarauuf, actually, you selected "Team Rosters: Current", but then didn't select which roster to copy Team Information from. So with the roster you want to merge from selected, scroll down the list, go to Teams, check the box next to Rosters. "Team Rosters: Current" isn't enough, because it just tells the tool that you'll select the "Team -> Rosters" merge option in one roster and that it should only try to merge the current teams. Unless you specifically set "Team -> Rosters" in one roster, the tool won't know which roster to copy from.

Thanks for your response sir. now everything is fine. (Y)
Sir i try to merge or copy Portrait_ID and CF_ID from my roster to another Roster but not all the ID's has been copied. i think maybe 50%-60% of the ID'S only has been copied.
any idea Sir?
ayarauuf

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 am

Did you select Current or did you select All under Players? Did you select "Skip Free Agents" or "Skip Hidden"?

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ayarauuf on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:34 am

i only select CURRENT. Skip Free Agents or Skip Hidden is uncheck.
i also found some duplicate players after copying/merging.
ayarauuf

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 am

ayarauuf, that's what I get for releasing a completely untested tool. I'll take a look at it tomorrow, try to do some test merges of my own, fix what I can, but I can't promise I can keep working on it for much longer. I want to spend some time studying to prepare for my upcoming job at 2K, so you might need someone else with programming knowledge to take a look at my code and see what they can fix. I hope that all my tools so far being open-source helps leave a good legacy behind.

Did you select anything under Teams? Did you select the "Status" category for Players? Overwriting things in Status can mess up rosters pretty bad with duplicates and so on, as I mentioned above, if you don't do it carefully by combining it with merging the actual team rosters. Take a look at Roster Merge's tutorial video for v0.4. As I said, it's for last year's tool, but it has some good information and instructions.

If I don't find the time to actually fix Roster Workshop, I'm very sorry. I wasn't planning on releasing it at all as I don't like to release stuff that I just developed and didn't have time to test, but I changed my mind later on. I was thinking of only leaving the source code out there, but then I realized that a released version could either just work (yeah, right) or get someone interested in fixing it, developing it further, or creating a similar tool.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ayarauuf on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I didn't select any category under the TEAMS OPTION.
These are the category that i select under the PLAYERS OPTION.
APPERANCE:
PortrID
CF_ID
Skintone

Number
TeamID1
TeamID2

Skills: ALL
Tendencies: ALL

I understand sir. Don't worry I'm not complaining anything about your work :) . I only share what i experience using your tool.
Good luck sir and thanks for sharing your work anyway. (Y) Take Care. :) Have a Great Day!
I'm looking forward for my request if ever you will consider on it.
ayarauuf

Postby javierrr13 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Could you think of any reason that my rosters aren't merging? I open up the .CSV file of the "merge to" roster, and the changes I implemented have not taken effect (just simple sig shot animations and ratings). Have latest versions of RED MC and Roster Workshop.

Additional thanks for the great tool. Much faster and more convenient than TURK scripts (that is, when I can get it to work).
javierrr13

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:17 pm

ayarauuf, you shouldn't be merging TeamID1 and TeamID2 since you're not merging the team rosters but rather just player information. Changing TeamID1 and TeamID2 is not enough to get a player to another team, you need to exchange him in the Teams tab as well. So either don't merge TeamID1 & TeamID2, or merge both Status and Team Rosters. That's why I said you should watch the video tutorial, I explained that last year.

javierrr13, please give me your CSVs, tell me which categories you're picking and the exact options you chose in the Interface, and I'll try to see what's going wrong.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby javierrr13 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:34 am

Here they are. I'm just trying to merge Bodytype, Skills, Signature Skills, Animations, and Gear from my previous roster onto the new roster version with rookies. Nothing under anything but the Players tab, but I went ahead and exported the whole file CSV. Thanks in advance.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zd2a0r1c0mptrz9/Roster_Workshop_Folders.rar
javierrr13

Postby Syncinatti on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:39 am

wont work for me either. im not merging teams just simple skills animation and gear. from old med roster that i edited to new med roster. but when i import the csv files no changes. im not getting any error messages. I followed the directions perfectly. ive used the old roster merge quite a bit. please help Leftos
Syncinatti

Previous

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding