[Tool] Roster Workshop

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[Tool] Roster Workshop

Postby Leftos on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:27 am

Roster Workshop
by Lefteris "Leftos" Aslanoglou

Just so you guys know, I've started and done a lot of work on what's going to be this year's version of Roster Merge & Repair, which is going to be called Roster Workshop.

Roster Workshop will work with REDitor (no support for Roster Editor is planned for now) and allow you to combine 2 or more rosters, as well as do automated repairs in your rosters. It's a complete rewrite of the code rather than an upgrade, so it does things much better and faster, as well as allowing me to easily do a lot more things that what Roster Merge & Repair could.

REDitor's release shouldn't be too far now, and I will have tools ready for it day 1.

===============================================================
UPDATE (June 18, 2013): I decided to go ahead and release a compiled version. Mind you, it's VERY untested, and it could ruin your rosters if you don't make backups. I just wanted to give you guys something to play with, and if I have the time, I'll try to offer some support.
===============================================================

Here's a screenshot to wet your appetite:

Download
Binary 7z: Roster Workshop
Source Code: https://github.com/leftos/roster-workshop

You'll need the .NET Framework 4.5 to run this tool. You can get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30653

To learn more about last year's Roster Merge & Repair (compatible with REDitor II), click here.

If any of you have any ideas, features they'd like to see, roster editing automations or repairs, let me know and I'll do my best to incorporate them.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Workshop [Preview]

Postby daninoz on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 am

How the app relate players from different rosters?
daninoz

Postby Leftos on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:29 am

Based on a variety of factors. First it matches them by name, and gives you all the available matching players. You can then set it to only bother you if all matching players are in other teams, to only bother you about current versions of players if the player to be replaced is in one of the current 30 teams, and to prefer unhidden players over hidden, which automates the process a lot.

Using all the above 3 options I only get pestered 3-4 times each time I merge 2 rosters about manually resolving a conflict, and even then it's something like this:

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby daninoz on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 am

What about some 'premium' things like Coach profiles and Jerseys?
daninoz

Postby Leftos on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:44 am

Staff is merged and missing staff is copied over if you do Teams, so Coach Profiles are in there because of that.

Jerseys are on my ToDo list, although it's not going to be so much merging as much as it's going to be replacing.

If you mean "premium" as in requiring a REDitor license to be edited/saved, Roster Merge won't help you circumvent that, as it only edits the REDitor-exported CSVs. You still have to import those CSVs back into REDitor and save what you're able to save based on your license. So for the full Roster Merge experience, you also need a REDitor license.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 am

This... looks... awesome...

It appears to be yes based on last year's thread, but I still want to ask, will I be able to take shoe values from one roster and merge it into another with it?
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Yup.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Just so everyone knows, I had completed an initial version of the tool earlier about 2 months ago, but never got around to testing it with the final version of REDitor and releasing it. So, if anyone's interested, the source code is up at https://github.com/leftos/roster-workshop. Anyone can compile the project, test it out, release it, do with it whatever they like, as long as I'm given proper credit (license and all).

As I've announced, with my upcoming position at 2K Sports, I won't be working on NBA 2K-specific tools anymore, but all my work, all my tools are open-source and on quite unrestrictive licenses, so you can continue my work freely. Just because I won't be working on them doesn't mean they won't get released or that work won't continue. It only takes someone interested to take them up.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Workshop

Postby Leftos on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:05 am

I decided to go ahead and release a compiled version. Mind you, it's VERY untested, and it could ruin your rosters if you don't make backups. I just wanted to give you guys something to play with, and if I have the time, I'll try to offer some support.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:22 am

Good stuff. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 am

v0.1.0.1 released!

- Fix: Fixed crash due to the different data provided by the final version of REDitor MC

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby javierrr13 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:27 am

I can't for the life of me get this to work -_- I followed the instructions on last year's Merge and Repair thread exactly, and no changes take place upon importing the .csv? Just to be sure, the "base" roster is the one you're copying from, and the "merge with" is the one you're copying to?
javierrr13

Postby Leftos on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:59 am

Nope, other way around. You're copying from one or more rosters in "Merge With" to "Base Roster". I should've made that clearer.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby javierrr13 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:48 am

Ahh... Lol good stuff, thanks :D
javierrr13

Postby ayarauuf on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Sir Leftos i encounter this error when i press the merge button.
Code: Select all
Unhandled Exception Error Report for Roster Workshop
Version 0.1.0.3

Exception information:
LumenWorks.Framework.IO.Csv.MalformedCsvException: The CSV appears to be corrupt near record '35' field '0 at position '2908'. Current raw data : '   ·       ¸       ¹       º       »       ¼       ½       ¾       ¿       À       Á       Â       Ã       Ä       Å       Æ       Ç       È       É       Ê       Ë       Ì       Í       Î       Ï       Ð       Ñ       Ò       Ó       Ô       Õ       Ö       ×       Ø       Ù       Ú       Û       Ü       Ý       Þ       ß       à       á       â       ã       ä       å       æ       ç       è       é       ê       ë       ì       í       î       ï       ð       ñ       ò       ó       ô       õ       ö       ÷       ø       ù       ú       û       ü       ý       þ       ÿ    

!    
"    
#    
$    
%    
&    
'    
(    
)    
+    
-    
/    
:    
;    
<    
=    
>    
?    
@    
A    
B    
C    
D    
E    
F    
G    
H    
I    
J    
K    
L    
M    
N    
O    
P    
Q    
R    
S    
T    
U    
V    
W    
X    
Y    
Z    
[    
\    
]    
^    
_    
`    
a    
b    
c    
d    
e    
f    
g    
h    
i    
j    
k    
l    
m    
n    
o    
p    
q    
r    
s    
t    
u    
v    
w    
x    
y    
z    
{    
|    
}    
~    

€    
    
‚    
ƒ    
„    
…    
†    
‡    
ˆ    
‰    
Š    
‹    
Œ    
    
Ž    
    
    
‘    
’    
“    
”    
•    
–    
—    
˜    
™    
š    
›    
œ    
    
ž    
Ÿ    

¡    
¢    
£    
¤    
¥    
¦    
§    
¨    
©    
ª    
«    
¬    
­    
®    
¯    
°    
±    
²    
³    
´    
µ    
¶    
·    
¸    
¹    
º    
»    
¼    
½    
¾    
¿    
À    
Á    

à   
Ä    
Å    
Æ    
Ç    
È    
É    
Ê    
Ë    
Ì    
Í    
Π   
Ï    
Р   
Ñ    
Ò    
Ó    
Ô    
Õ    
Ö    
Ø    
Ù    
Ú    
Û    
Ü    
Ý    
Þ    
ß    
à    
á    
â    
ã    
ä    
å    
æ    
ç    
è    
é    
ê    
ë    
ì    
í    
î    
ï    
ð    
ñ    
ò    
ó    
ô    
õ    
ö    
÷    
ø    
ù    
ú    
û    
ü    
ý    
þ    
ÿ                                                          

!     "     #     $     %     &     '     (     )     *     +     ,     -     .     /     0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     :     ;     <     =     >     ?     @     A     B     C     D     E     F     G     H     I     J     K     L     M     N     O     P     Q     R     S     T     U     V     W     X     Y     Z     [     \     ]     ^     _     `     a     b     c     d     e     f     g     h     i     j     k     l     m     n     o     p     q     r     s     t     u     v     w     x     y     z     {     |     }     ~          €          ‚     ƒ     „     …     †     ‡     ˆ     ‰     Š     ‹     Œ          Ž               ‘     ’     “     ”     •     –     —     ˜     ™     š     ›     œ          ž     Ÿ           ¡     ¢     £     ¤     ¥     ¦     §     ¨     ©     ª     «     ¬     ­     ®     ¯     °     ±     ²     ³     ´     µ     ¶    '.
   at LumenWorks.Framework.IO.Csv.CsvReader.HandleParseError(MalformedCsvException error, Int32& pos)
   at LumenWorks.Framework.IO.Csv.CsvReader.ReadField(Int32 field, Boolean initializing, Boolean discardValue)
   at LumenWorks.Framework.IO.Csv.CsvReader.get_Item(Int32 field)
   at LeftosCommonLibrary.CSV.dictionaryListFromCSV(CsvReader cr) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\LeftosCommonLibrary\CSV.cs:line 192
   at LeftosCommonLibrary.CSV.DictionaryListFromCSVFile(String path, Boolean useCultureSeparator) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\LeftosCommonLibrary\CSV.cs:line 83
   at RosterWorkshop.RepairTools.FixSorting(String path) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RosterWorkshop\RosterWorkshop\RepairTools.cs:line 41
   at RosterWorkshop.MainWindow.btnMerge_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RosterWorkshop\RosterWorkshop\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 406
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception information:
No inner exception information.
ayarauuf

Postby Leftos on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Can you pass the CSVs you're trying to merge? As you can see, the tool is crying foul about their contents, so I'd like to take a look.

P.S. Use [code] tags instead of [quote] tags when posting errors.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ayarauuf on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Sir Leftos i attach the Roster file including .csv file that I exported from RED MC free version.
Thanks. and by the way sir, i hope you receive my PM and I'm hoping for your consideration. :pray:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ayarauuf

Postby hotjabur on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:07 am

Sir Leftos need help.. what to do?
Version 0.1.0.3

Exception information:
System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at RosterWorkshop.RepairTools.<FixSorting>b__0(Dictionary`2 dict1, Dictionary`2 dict2) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RosterWorkshop\RosterWorkshop\RepairTools.cs:line 42
   at System.Array.FunctorComparer`1.Compare(T x, T y)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.InsertionSort(T[] keys, Int32 lo, Int32 hi, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.IntroSort(T[] keys, Int32 lo, Int32 hi, Int32 depthLimit, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.IntrospectiveSort(T[] keys, Int32 left, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Comparison`1 comparison)
   at RosterWorkshop.RepairTools.FixSorting(String path) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RosterWorkshop\RosterWorkshop\RepairTools.cs:line 42
   at RosterWorkshop.MainWindow.btnMerge_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RosterWorkshop\RosterWorkshop\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 408
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
hotjabur

Postby Leftos on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 am

ayarauuf, hotjabur, download v0.1.0.4 and see if you get the same error. I think I've fixed it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ayarauuf on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Sir leftos, i think you fixed the error from the previous version but i have this message after using the new version.
please see the attachment. Thanks :) .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ayarauuf

Postby hotjabur on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:03 pm

got this new error
Version 0.1.0.4

Exception information:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at RosterWorkshop.MainWindow.btnMerge_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RosterWorkshop\RosterWorkshop\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 868

No inner exception information.
hotjabur

Postby Leftos on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:26 pm

ayarauuf, I'll look into it.

hotjabur, can you please upload your CSVs and tell me exactly what I need to select to make that happen?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hotjabur on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:21 pm

hotjabur

Postby Leftos on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 pm

ayarauuf, actually, you selected "Team Rosters: Current", but then didn't select which roster to copy Team Information from. So with the roster you want to merge from selected, scroll down the list, go to Teams, check the box next to Rosters. "Team Rosters: Current" isn't enough, because it just tells the tool that you'll select the "Team -> Rosters" merge option in one roster and that it should only try to merge the current teams. Unless you specifically set "Team -> Rosters" in one roster, the tool won't know which roster to copy from.

hotjabur, yeah, but what did you select in the Main Window to make that happen? I need the exact steps to reproduce the bug so I can fix it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hotjabur on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 pm

try to replace, nothing happens, try to skip this error pops up.. what should I select on main window?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/strong21/error_zpsf959deac.jpg
hotjabur

Next

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding