Cleveland Cavaliers (S3): [37-23] (Trade Deadline)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: What's So Good About Cleveland? (NBA 2k13)

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 am

Dwight to Milwaukee? Ok :P Will follow man, good luck!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mark. on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 am

Oooooooooooooh you signed JJ? :bowdown:
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Kenny on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Dmastawwe, it was truly the hardest decision I had to make in the off-season. Hopefully T-Mac and Villanueva can fill that void.

#thierry, my problem with that deal is that they already have Larry Sanders. Here's hoping he gets pissed off, demands a trade and somehow winds up in Cleveland :cheeky:

Mark., he was pretty much a priority signing for me. I've wanted him on my team since Live 10, but his player rating was pretty average in that game IIRC.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Upset in the Bay Area, Cavs Win First Game

In their second game of the season, the Cleveland Cavaliers came up with an upset win away from home, beating the Golden State Warriors 113-106.

Kyrie Irving (27) and Dion Waiters (22) did the majority of the damage for the Cavs, combining for 49 points on offense. Tristan Thompson continued his solid start to the season, registering his first double-double, with 18 points and 10 rebounds. His backup also had a productive night, as Marreese Speights had 11 points and 5 rebounds off the bench.

The Cavs had to withstand a streaky Klay Thompson performance, as he scored 33 points off 5-8 shooting from beyond the arc. Golden State's hero of the 2013 Playoffs - Steph Curry - had good numbers (19 points, 9 rebounds), but had a hard time handling the ball, with 5 turnovers. David Lee (16 points, 7 rebounds) and Harrison Barnes (13 points) also had solid contributions for Golden State.

Two keys aspects of the game were rebounding totals and bench scoring. The Cavaliers were +10 in total rebounds for the game, while their bench outscored the Warriors' reserves 31-17.

CLE@GSW

CLE: 113 (Irving 27, Waiters 22, T Thompson 18)
GSW: 106 (K Thompson 33, Curry 19, Lee 16)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 27 points (11-17 FG) 4 rebounds 13 assists 2 steals

Rebounds

CLE: T Thompson 10
GSW: Lee 7

Assists

CLE: Irving 13
GSW: Curry 9

Record: 1-1

Around the League

Kobe Adds One More Year

Kobe Bryant extended his contract to the end of the 2014-2015 season, ending speculation that this season would be his last. He's taking a significant pay-cut in the final year, as he'll earn a poultry 17.27 million.

Calderon Heads to Milwaukee

The Detroit Pistons completed a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks, sending Jose Calderon in exchange for Ekpe Udoh. This clears a logjam for the Pistons, who currently have Chris Paul, Nate Robinson, Jonathon Baker, Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey at their disposal.

Coming up next: Five Simmed Games
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Kobe Bryant extended his contract to the end of the 2014-2015 season, ending speculation that this season would be his last. He's taking a significant pay-cut in the final year, as he'll earn a poultry 17.27 million.

Team first. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Andrew, yep. There's no "I" in Kobe Bryant.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Five Simmed Games

CLE@LAL

CLE: 101 (Irving 32, Waiters 15, Thompson 13)
LAL: 80 (Bryant 22, Gasol 13, Jamison 12)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 32 points (11-26 FG) 5 rebounds 6 assists 3 steals 1 block

Rebounds

CLE: Varejao 18
LAL: Gasol 12

Assists

CLE: Irving 6
LAL: Nash 7

CLE@DEN

DEN: 111 (Chandler 23, McGee 21, Brewer 18)
CLE: 88 (Waiters 18, Thompson 16, Shaw 14)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Wilson Chandler 23 points (9-12 FG) 9 rebounds

Rebounds

DEN: Faried 10
CLE: Shaw, Thompson 11

Assists

DEN: Lawson 14
CLE: Irving 9

Injury report

Chuck Shaw (SF) - Bruised Heel, 1-2 Weeks. Can play through.

Game note: Kyrie Irving was a rebound and an assist away from a triple-double. He had 12 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists.

CLE@SAC

CLE: 97 (Miles 19, Waiters 18, T Thompson 16)
SAC: 75 (Fredette 12, Patterson 11, Thornton 11)

Jordan Performer of the Game: C.J. Miles 19 points (7-12 FG) 1 rebound 5 assists 1 steal

Rebounds

CLE: Varejao 17
SAC: J Thompson 13

Assists

CLE: Irving 12
SAC: Evans, Rice 6

Game note: Alonzo Gee came into the starting line-up, as Chuck Shaw was DNP-CD, due to his Bruised Heel. It's likely that he won't be back until it's fully healed.

CLE@MIN

MIN: 102 (Budinger 17, Rubio 17, Williams 15)
CLE: 98 (Irving 25, Varejao 18, Miles 13)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Ricky Rubio 17 points (6-9 FG) 3 rebounds 3 assists

Rebounds

MIN: Love 14
CLE: Varejao 11

Assists

MIN: Shved 7
CLE: Miles, Waiters 5

CLE@DAL
(OT)
DAL: 135 (Kaman 29, Nowitzki 26, Marion 23)
CLE: 130 (Irving 36, Thompson 31, Waiters 22)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 36 points (16-29 FG) 10 rebounds 17 assists 1 steal 1 block

Rebounds

DAL: Kaman 12
CLE: Varejao 16

Assists

DAL: Collison 13
CLE: Irving 17

Record: 3-4

Around the League

Trades:

Pacers receive: Jason Richardson
76ers receive: Tyler Hansbrough

Suns receive: '15 1st round pick, John Lucas
Raptors receive: Marcus Morris

Signings

76ers: Ishmael Smith 1yr/2.96M
Clippers: Eric Bledsoe 5yr/40.82M
Clippers: Daniel Orton 1yr/3.01M
Grizzlies: Kyle O'Quinn 1yr/1.59M
Nets: Hassan Whiteside 1yr/1.06M
Raptors: Samardo Samuels 1yr/1.32M
Raptors: Linas Klieza 5yr/5.54M
Suns: Robert Sacre 1yr/1.25M

Coming up next: The Cavaliers return home to play the Minnesota Timberwolves
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Pretty decent start to the season, especially that blowout road win against the Lakers. (Y)

Will you be following a similar strategy to your Nuggets dynasty with the simulated games? (play one, then sim a few)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Phil89, that win made me smile. I'm interested to see if Kobe's contract ends up being detrimental to the Lakers this season.

I plan on simming a lot more games in this one. I trust the engine more, plus it'll keep me honest and even up the stats. I'm a horrible three point shooter at the moment.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Cavs Hold On For First Home Win

The Cavaliers held off a surging Minnesota Timberwolves to win by the barest of margins. The final score was 102-101.

Kyrie Irving was everywhere once again for the Cleveland Cavaliers, registering another double-double with 25 points and 12 assists. The biggest surprise of the game was bench warmer Charlie Villanueva. After running hot in the minutes he was given, his playing time got extended and he ended up with 22 points off 9-11 shooting. Anderson Varejao also had a solid night, with 16 points and 8 rebounds, while Dion Waiters also scored 16.

For the Timberwolves, Derrick Williams was their best performer, scoring 18 points and grabbing 8 rebounds, while Kevin Love also scored 18. Chase Budinger added 16 and Alexey Shved had 15 points and 6 assists.

The Cavaliers looked comfortable at half-time, leading by 12 points. But a huge third quarter by the Timberwolves (32-21) saw the momentum shift their way in the fourth quarter. Luckily for the Cleveland fans, the Cavaliers managed to hold on.

MIN@CLE

CLE: 102 (Irving 25, Villanueva 22, Varejao 16)
MIN: 101 (Love 18, Williams 18, Budinger 16)

Jordan Player of the Game: Kyrie Irving 25 points (10-15 FG) 3 rebounds 12 assists 3 steals

Rebounds

CLE: Varejao 8
MIN: Williams 8

Assists

MIN: Shved 6

Note: I had to sim til end due to a glitch in the game.

Knicks Destroy the Cavs in New York

The Cavaliers were embarrassed in New York by a score of 109-85. It was a night that Dion Waiters would want to forget. The second year guard scored only 3 points off 1-9 shooting from the floor.

For the Knicks, Carmelo Anthony (25) and Iman Shumpert (21) did the most damage, scoring 46 between them. But Raymond Felton was arguably the most influential for the Knicks. Even though he only scored 9 points, he led the Knicks in rebounding (7) and assists (12). New recruit Vince Carter and Amar'e Stoudemire also had solid outings, scoring 12 each, while Eugene Ervin added 10.

The Cavaliers didn't have much to write home about in this game, as only two players registered double-digit points. Kyrie Irving once again led the way with 21 points and 10 assists. While he had an inefficient night (6-15 FG), J.J. Redick was a better option than Dion Waiters, as he scored 13. Both C.J. Miles and Tristan Thompson added 9 points each, while Tyler Zeller (6 rebounds) and Charlie Villanueva had

CLE@NYK

NYK: 109 (Anthony 25, Shumpert 21, Carter 12)
CLE: 85 (Irving 21, Redick 13, Miles 9)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Carmelo Anthony 25 points (12-20 FG) 6 rebounds 4 assists 3 steals 1 block

Rebounds

NYK: Felton 7
CLE: Thompson, Zeller 6

Assists

NYK: Felton 12
CLE: Irving 10

Record: 4-5

Coming up next: More pretty pictures! (hopefully)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Cavs Win Despite Huge Numbers

Kyrie continued his career-season.

The Cleveland Cavaliers won 114-107 against the Orlando Magic, despite big games by J.R. Smith and Jameer Nelson. Smith dominated Orlando's offensive game, as he scored 45 points (19-40 FG) and also managed to grab 8 rebounds, while Nelson dished a career-high 22 assists.

But a dynamic duo for the Cleveland Cavaliers ensured that they came away with the win. Kyrie Irving was outstanding once again, with 28 points, 5 rebounds and 9 assists, while being extremely efficient, hitting 13-17 from the floor. He had excellent help from six-man J.J. Redick. He sparked the Cavs off the bench with 27 points (11-23), 6 rebounds and 5 assists. The Cavaliers had 6 double-digit scorers for the night, with Anderson Varejao (14), Chuck Shaw (11), C.J. Miles (10) and Tristan Thompson (10) all contributing.

Aside from J.R. Smith, the Magic only had two other players in double figures. Arron Afflalo scored 16 off the bench, while Tobias Harris chipped in with 14.

On the injury front, Chuck Shaw came back into the line-up after missing a few games with a bruised heel and he managed to get through the game without any issues. Tristan Thompson also played through after he sprained his wrist at practice. C.J. Miles however pulled up lame after attempting to challenge a J.R. Smith jumpshot. He played on, but was noticeably effected by the injury.

ORL@CLE

CLE: 114 (Irving 28, Redick 27, Varejao 14)
ORL: 107 (Smith 45, Afflalo 16, Harris 14)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 28 points (13-17 FG) 5 rebounds 9 assists 2 steals 1 block

Rebounds

CLE: Varejao 7
ORL: Smith 8

Assists

ORL: Nelson 22

Injury report

C.J. Miles - Back Spasms - Hurt

Record 5-5

Injury report

Tristan Thompson - Sprained Wrist - Hurt - 2-4 weeks
C.J. Miles - Back Spasms - Hurt - 1-2 weeks

Rookie to be Activated Against 76ers

Cesar De La Cruz will get his first opportunity in the NBA. He'll be activated in the place of the injured C.J. Miles.

Coming Up Next: My ten game player summary. Who do I like? Who is annoying me? What do I think of Charlie Villanueva?
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Ten Game Player Review

For anyone unfamiliar with my last dynasty story, this is the time of the season where I offer my initial thoughts about each player on the team, as well as some stats.

The Starters

Kyrie Irving

PPGRPGAPGFG%

Kyrie's been everything I've wanted in a franchise guy and he currently has career highs in both scoring and assists. He was predicted to be the next big superstar of the league, and this season could very well be the start of that prediction being realised.

Dion Waiters

PPGAPGFG%3PT%

There are games where I think Dion Waiters could be the next Dwyane Wade (without the flopping). It's the other games that concern me - the ones where he looks like garbage warmed up. From his last two starts, Dion has slumped to a combined 4-21 shooting from the field. For a guy who I originally envisioned as my second scoring option, he's far too inconsistent at this point of his career to carry out such a role.

Chuck Shaw

GamesPPGRPGBPG3PT%

Chuck missed 5 games through injury, but from the small sample I've seen, he looks to be a good fit for the Cavs. Overall his shooting percentage has been poor (.389), but that should get better as long as he improves his shot selection. He runs the floor well and is a great finisher at the basket.

Tristan Thompson

PPGRPGBPGFG%

I've been pretty impressed by Tristan. He's one of those guys who can put up 15 points without you even noticing it. He hits the offensive glass hard and has a solid mid-range game that makes him difficult to guard. With Dion Waiters struggling at the moment, Thompson could be a viable second option.

Anderson Varejao

PPGRPGBPGFG%

His numbers are down across the board from last season, but keep in mind, he also only played 25 games in the 2012-2013 season. Anderson is an important piece for the Cleveland Cavaliers and I love what he brings to the defensive end. If he stays fit, Anderson should be a walking double-double by the time the regular season ends.

The Bench

J.J. Redick

PPGAPG3PT%FT%

J.J's best games have been the first and the tenth game and he has shown glimpses of how effective he can be from the bench. His percentages of 41.6 from the field and 31 from beyond the arc haven't been ideal, but his ability to play both the two and the one have allowed the Cavs to play a tight rotation, and over the last couple games, he's been much better than the person he's been backing up.

Marreese Speights

PPGRPGFG%FT%

Speights has been a solid backup for Tristan Thompson. His low points per game totals are really based on how little plays are run for him. He gets most his points from second chance opportunities and shots from mid-range. When the Cavs go small, he also plays his fair share of minutes at centre. He's been a very reliable player so far and has yet to have a bad game.

C.J. Miles
PPGAPGFG%3PT%

C.J. Miles has been the most transparent as far as being dismayed about his lesser role. He came into this season as the Cavaliers sixth man and was quickly reduced to being a bench warmer after the Cavs drafted Chuck Shaw and signed J.J. Redick. But with the injury of Chuck Shaw, C.J. Miles earned a higher role in the team after a string of productive games.

Tyler Zeller

GamesPPGRPGFG%

I looked at the stats and I was surprised that Tyler Zeller only played 4 games in this 10 game stretch. It has to do with the fact that the Cavs play small a lot, with Marreese Speights slotting in at the centre position. Zeller really hasn't been that bad. In fact, I believe I underrated him coming into this season. He should pick up some additional minutes as the season goes on. Let's just hope he doesn't get them because of an injury to Anderson Varejao.

Alonzo Gee

PPGRPGFG%3PT%

Gee has managed to take quite a fall this season; and he's done so without playing too badly. And his minutes continued to decrease after a good stretch of games by C.J. Miles. But with Miles likely to miss a few games with a back injury, Alonzo will get his opportunity to claw his way up the rotation.

Charlie Villanueva

GamesPPGRPGFG%

There are games where Charlie can light it up and you begin to question: why doesn't he play more?
The answer: rebounding and defense. Charlie's microwave style offense is overshadowed by those other deficiencies in his game. He's an effective scorer, but Marreese Speights is the superior all-round player.

Tracy McGrady

GamesPPGFG%3PT%

During the off-season, McGrady expressed his desire to play as a 6th man; and now, it's easy to see why he jumped at the chance to be a bench warmer on the Cleveland Cavaliers. It's sad to see a player that was once so great struggle the way he has in the scarce minutes he's been given. Perhaps this season should be the swansong of Tracy's career.

Inactive

Cesar De La Cruz

Cesar has not played a game yet. But with C.J. Miles sitting out a couple of games due to back spasms, the chances of him getting time on the floor have greatly increased.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:32 pm

The Young Sixers Dominate

The Cleveland Cavaliers fell to the Philadelphia 76ers, with a final score of 112-90. Both Thaddeus (24) and Nick (23) Young combined for 47 points, while Evan Turner also provided problems for Cleveland's perimeter defense, as he scored 20 points.

For the Cavaliers, Kyrie Irving registered another double-double with 18 points and 11 assists. Cesar De La Cruz had an impressive debut, scoring 12 points, while grabbing 4 rebounds and blocking 4 shots. Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters also scored twelve points, but the latter once again struggled from the field, shooting 5-14.

PHI@CLE

PHI: 112 (T Young 24, N Young 23, Turner 20)
CLE: 90 (Irving 18, De La Cruz 12, Thompson 12)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Thaddeus Young 24 points (12-15 FG) 7 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals 1 block

Rebounds

PHI: Hansbrough 8
CLE: Shaw 7

Assists

PHI: Holiday 9
CLE: Irving 11

Cavs Get Blown Out by Resurgent Magic

Cleveland dropped their second consecutive game, as they got thrashed by the Magic by 121-95. Reigning 6th man of the year J.R. Smith appears to be enjoying his starting role with the Magic, and in this game, he led the scoring with 28 points. However, Nikola Vucevic ended up being the real game-changer, with 19 points (9-12 FG) and 12 rebounds. Arron Afflalo and Doron Lamb both scored twelve, while Glen Davis had 10 points and 5 rebounds. Jameer Nelson had another outstanding game distributing the ball, with 15 assists to go with his 9 points.

J.J. Redick was the top scorer for Cleveland, as he dropped 25 points off the bench. Kyrie Irving kept his double-double streak going with 24 points and 12 assists, while Alonzo Gee also got going with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Anderson Varejao added 10.

CLE@ORL

ORL: 121 (J.R. Smith 28, Vucevic 19, Afflalo 12)
CLE: 95 (Redick 25, Irving 24, Gee 15)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Nikola Vucevic 19 points (9-12 FG) 12 rebounds 2 assists

Rebounds

ORL: Vucevic 12
CLE: Gee 10

Assists

ORL: Nelson 15
CLE: Irving 13

Record: 5-7
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 pm

5 Simmed Games

BOS@CLE

CLE: 103 (Irving 27, Gee 19, Thompson 19)
BOS: 85 (Pierce26, Crawford 18, Bass 15)

Jordan: Tristan Thompson 19 points (8-18 FG) 15 rebounds

Rebounds

CLE: Thompson 15
BOS: Bass 13

Assists

CLE: Irving 8
BOS: Rondo 10

Notes: Rajon Rondo was two points from a triple-double with 8 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists. Dion Waiters had a far more efficient night, scoring 12 points from 3-5 field goals.

CLE@TOR

CLE: 94 (Irving 41, Waiters 22, Thompson 11)
TOR: 91 (DeRozan 24, Bargnani 21, Gay 12)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 41 points (16-21 FG) 4 rebounds 4 assists 2 steals 1 block

Rebounds

TOR: Gay, Fields, Valanciunas 6

Assists

CLE: Gee 6
TOR: Lowry 11

Notes: Kyle Lowry had a double-double with 12 points and 11 assists.

POR@CLE

CLE: 104 (Waiters 23, Irving 21, Redick 17)
POR: 96 (Alridge 25, Batum 18, Lillard 11)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Dion Waiters 23 points (10-19 FG) 3 rebounds 2 assists 3 steals 2 blocks

Rebounds

CLE: Thompson 14
POR: Alridge, Leonard 6

Assists

POR: Iguodala 6

Notes: Tristan Thompson had the only double-double of the night, with 14 points and 14 rebounds.

GSW@CLE

GSW: 100 (K Thompson 22, Curry 17, Lee 16)
CLE: 75 (Irving 19, Waiters 17, Redick 8)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Klay Thompson 22 points (7-19 FG) 8 rebounds 4 assists 1 block

Rebounds

GSW: Bogut 11
CLE: T Thompson 7

Assists

GSW: Curry 9

CLE@HOU

HOU: 120 (Harden 23, Brooks 22, Hickson 15)
CLE: 81 (Irving 30, Waiters 10, Speights 9)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Aaron Brooks 22 points (8-16 FG) 6 rebounds 7 assists, 1 steal

Rebounds

HOU: Hickson, Parsons 10
CLE: Varejao 12

Assists

HOU: Harden 8
CLE: Irving 5

Notes: As well as J.J. Hickson, Chandler Parsons had a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.

Record: 8-9
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 pm

November 2013 Summary

The Cavaliers have been an interesting case study at the start of the season, as they've been incredibly inconsistent. They've been a hard team to scout; some nights, they have been blown out by the Orlando Magic. On others, they can come out with a blowout win against the Los Angeles Lakers. But one constant factor for them has been Kyrie Irving.

Kyrie is developing into one of the league's elite players. In the first 13 games of the season, he's averaging career-highs across the board and was judged as the Player of the Month in the Eastern Conference. But the problem has been the consistency of the players around him. Dion Waiters and J.J. Redick have been hot and cold. And while Tristan Thompson has been a solid contributor on the offensive end, he hasn't been assertive enough to demand the ball when he should. With this in mind though, both Thompson (22) and Waiters (21) are still very young and have plenty of time to iron out these deficiencies in their games.

Despite opening with a record below .500 (8-9), the Cavaliers currently find themselves 7th in the Eastern Conference.

Standings

East

Heat 10-4
Magic 8-6
Bulls 8-6
Bucks 8-7
Wizards 8-7
Cavaliers 8-9
Bobcats 6-7
---
Pacers 6-7
Knicks 7-9
Nets 6-8
76ers 6-9
Celtics 6-10
Hawks 5-9
Pistons 4-11

West

Nuggets 12-4
Warriors 10-6
Mavericks 9-6
Jazz 8-6
Thunder 9-7
Trail Blazers 8-7
Suns 8-7
Rockets 7-7
---
Timberwolves 8-8
Clippers 7-8
Kings 6-8
Spurs 5-9
Lakers 5-10
Hornets 5-12

Monthly Awards

Players
East: [CLE] Kyrie Irving
West: [OKC] Kevin Durant

Rookies
East: [WAS] Matthew Burks
West: [PHX] Toby Robins

League Leaders

PPG

[LAL] K Bryant 26.9
[OKC] R Westbrook 26.8
[OKC] K Durant 25.8
[MIA] D Wade 25.2
[POR] L Aldridge 24.6
--- [6] K Irving 24.5

RPG

[ATL] J Smith 12.1
[MIN] K Love 11.2
[LAL] J Hill 10.1
[ORL] N Vucevic 10
[SAC] J Thompson 9.8
--- [16] A Varejao 9

APG

[PHX] G Dragic 10.4
[DEN] T Lawson 10.1
[TOR] K Lowry 9.9
[BOS] R Rondo 9.7
[NO] G Vasquez 9.4
--- [6] K Irving 9.4

SPG

[NY] I Shumpert 2.6
[LAC] E Bledsoe 2.4
[OKC] R Westbrook 2.4
[SA] K Leonard 2.3
[GSW] S Curry 2.1
--- [14] K Irving 1.7

BPG

[IND] R Hibbert 2.7
[MIL] D Howard 2.6
[OKC] S Ibaka 2.6
[ATL] J Smith 2.1
[CHA] T Thomas 2
--- [50] T Thompson 0.9

PER

[MIN] J.J. Barea 33.1
[BKN] D Williams 26.7
[OKC] R Westbrook 26.4
[MIA] L James 25.8
[HOU] J Harden 25.6
--- [26] K Irving 21.1

Trades

Suns receive: '15 1st round pick, John Lucas
Raptors receive: Marcus Morris

Jazz receive: Corey Maggette
Hawks receive: Kenyon Martin, Pat Collier

Celtics receive: Amir Johnson, '15 2nd round pick
Raptors receive: Jason Terry
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Nice to see Orlando, Washington, Cleveland and Charlotte doing so well for a change. I'm assuming that you are secretly pleased about Denver's 12-4 start as well.

If Kyrie keeps this form up he could well be headed to the all-star game as a reserve, if not a starter. :applaud:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Phil89, I do enjoy that the Nuggets are on top of the West. Since I only play two games a year against them, I'm probably going to sim both games. The AI has already made me hate a few select players *cough* Monta Ellis *cough*, so I wouldn't want that to happen with Denver :lol:

I hope he makes it in. He's arguably the best point guard in the league at the moment in my game, but he's got Chris Paul and a fit Derrick Rose to contend with.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Cavaliers Run Over Grizzlies in Fourth

Kyrie Irving and J.J. Redick combined for 57 points.

An inspired 4th quarter effort by the Cleveland Cavaliers saw them cause another major upset, as they beat the Memphis Grizzlies 100-93. The Grizzlies held a 4 point lead starting the fourth quarter, but the Cavaliers brought their a-game, winning the final quarter 31-20.

J.J. Redick was 1 point shy of his career-high, scoring 30 points to lead all scorers. But Kyrie Irving managed to steal the show. His disruptive defense saw him get within 2 steals of a triple-double, as he had 27 points, 5 rebounds, 12 assists and 8 steals. Chuck Shaw also continued on his solid rookie campaign, scoring 13 points and grabbing 9 rebounds.

With both Mike Conley and Jerryd Bayless injured, Tony Wroten stepped up with 26 points and 6 assists. Tayshaun Prince turned back the clock, netting 24 points. But Wroten and Prince were the only two double-digit scorers for the Grizzlies, with the next highest being Tony Allen, with 8.

CLE@MEM

CLE: 100 (Redick 30, Irving 27, Shaw 13)
MEM: 93 (Wroten 26, Prince 24, Allen 8)

Jordan: Kyrie Irving 27 points (12-25 FG) 5 rebounds 12 assists 8 steals

Rebounds
CLE: Varejao 10
MEM: Gasol 5

Assists
MEM: Wroten 6

Monta Scores 42, Bucks Edge Cavaliers

Monta Ellis was unstoppable.

A huge performance by Monta Ellis saw the Milwaukee Bucks come away with a 112-108 win in Cleveland. Ellis scored 42 points off 14-30 shooting and made 12 of his 13 free throws. Brandon Jennings had a big game as well, with a nice stat-line of 23 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists and 3 steals. Marquee signing Dwight Howard also contributed with 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks.

It was the Kyrie and J.J. show once again for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Kyrie Irving filled up the stat sheet with 33 points, 5 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks. Redick also provided contributions all over the floor, with 26 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and a steal, as well as hitting all 8 of his free throws. Dion Waiters had one of his better nights, with 14 points off 6-13 shooting, while Chuck Shaw (13) and Tristan Thompson (12) also contributed on the offensive end.

Unlike the previous game against Memphis, the Cavaliers this time had a 4 point lead going into the fourth and were steam-rolled by the Bucks in the 4th 36-28.

MIL@CLE

MIL: 112 (Ellis 42, Jennings 23, Howard 12)
CLE: 108 (Irving 33, Redick 26, Waiters 14)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Monta Ellis 42 points (14-30 FG) 3 rebounds 4 assists

Rebounds
MIL: Howard, Sanders 8
CLE: Varejao 9

Assists
MIL: Jennings 10

Record: 9-10

Kyrie Leads East Guards in Votes

The results from the first votes are in and Kyrie Irving leads all guards in the Eastern Conference. With 674,199 votes, he trails only LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Kobe Bryant in overall votes.

East
Centres: Dwight Howard (462,548), Andrew Bynum (324,287), Brook Lopez (313,712), Kevin Garnett (310,231), Greg Monroe (299,960)
Forwards: LeBron James (722,672), Josh Smith (541,100), Carmelo Anthony (514,691), Rudy Gay (381,985), Paul Pierce (332,653)
Guards: Kyrie Irving (674,199), Derrick Rose (511,230), Chris Paul (510,928), Brandon Jennings (500,422), Rajon Rondo (497,047)

West
Centres: DeMarcus Cousins (462,330), Al Jefferson (275,548), Marc Gasol (270,856), Andray Blatche (238,985), Andrew Bogut (218,059)
Forwards: Kevin Durant (776,061), Blake Griffin (524,507), Kevin Love (516,245), LaMarcus Aldridge (457,680), Dirk Nowitzki (368,242)
Guards: Russell Westbrook (700,087), Kobe Bryant (676,577), Stephen Curry (628,919), James Harden (539,144), Ty Lawson (472,738)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Kenny wrote:I hope he makes it in. He's arguably the best point guard in the league at the moment in my game, but he's got Chris Paul and a fit Derrick Rose to contend with.

It's tough to get them in the all-star game when they play in the position with the most quality and depth in the league.

I also hate Monta Ellis on this game. :x He always scores a bunch of points against me every time I play the Bucks.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 am

Phil89, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds him just about impossible to guard. He's to NBA 2k what Steve Nash was to NBA Live.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:29 am

Cleveland Out-muscled by Phoenix

Goran Dragic was involved in just about everything.

The Cleveland Cavaliers dropped their second consecutive game, losing to the Phoenix Suns 106-98. The story of the game was the second chance opportunities for the Suns, as they were allowed 18 offensive boards, in comparison to the Cavaliers, who only had 5.

Goran Dragic was the Suns best performer, registering a double-double with 19 points and 14 assists. Jared Dudley was also strong for Phoenix, scoring 19 and grabbing 7 rebounds. Shannon Brown scored 18, while Toby Robins was another Phoenix player with a double-double, with 17 points and 10 rebounds.

It was another great game for Cleveland's star and super-sub. Kyrie Irving filled up the stat sheet with 28 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. J.J. Redick also had a great all-round game, with 27 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals. They were the only two who scored in double-digits for Cleveland, as Alonzo Gee, Chuck Shaw and Tristan Thompson scored 9 each.

PHX@CLE

PHX: 106 (Dragic 19, Dudley 19, Brown 18)
CLE: 98 (Irving 28, Redick 27, Gee 9)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Goran Dragic 19 points (9-15 FG) 5 rebounds 14 assits 1 block

Rebounds
PHX: Gortat 11
CLE: Irving, Varejao 5

Assists
PHX: Dragic 14

Cavs Beat Rose-less Bulls

Kyrie Irving had 18 points and 8 assists.

The Cleveland Cavaliers registered a 96-90 win over a weakened Chicago Bulls.

Tristan Thompson was the highest scorer for the Cavaliers, as he scored 22 points. He dominated Carlos Boozer early, but came back down to Earth a little when Taj Gibson was guarding him. Kyrie Irving once again had another great all-round game, with 18 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 steals, while J.J. Redick added 17. Alonzo Gee made the most of his opportunities, scoring 14 points off 6-7 shooting.

The Bulls were always going to struggle without Derrick Rose, but they managed to find a scorer in Jason Smith. He added 14 points off 7-9 shooting. Carlos Boozer was a beaten man in this game, but he still managed 14 points and 7 rebounds. Jimmy Butler added 12 points and 5 rebounds, while Joakim Noah had 11 points and 7 rebounds.

CHI@CLE

CLE: 96 (Thompson 22, Irving 18, Redick 17)
CHI: 90 (Boozer 14, Smith 14, Butler 12)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 18 points (7-11 FG) 4 rebounds 8 assists 4 steals

Rebounds
CLE: Varejao 9
CHI: Gibson 8

Assists
CHI: Hinrich 10

Career High For Waiters in Win

Did someone order a Dion Waiters poster?

After enduring a lot of criticism throughout the start of this season, Dion Waiters dropped a career best 46 points against the Milwaukee Bucks, leading Cleveland to a 113-104 win. Waiters was on fire from the field, shooting 18-24, as well as 7-7 from the charity stripe. The guard rotation was firing for the Cavaliers, as J.J. Redick and Kyrie Irving both added 20 points each on top of Dion Waiters' effort. Irving completed another double-double, with 12 assists, while Anderson Varejao was only one point away, with 9 points and 12 rebounds.

For the Bucks, Monta Ellis had another big game against the Cavs, scoring 32 points off 14-25 shooting. Dwight Howard was also productive, with 15 points and 6 rebounds. Drew Gooden came off the bench with 10 points, while Luc Mbah a Moute also scored 10.

While the Cavaliers' season has been mostly about Kyrie Irving's all-star form, Dion Waiters truly stole the show in this one. It was a statement game for the sophomore guard, as a lot of people around the league speculated that his starting job may be jeopardy, due to his lack of form and the emergence of J.J. Redick.

CLE@MIL

CLE: 113 (Waiters 46, Irving 20, Redick 20)
MIL: 104 (Ellis 32, Howard 15, Gooden 10)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Dion Waiters 46 points (18-24 FG) 3 rebounds 6 assists 2 steals 1 block

Rebounds
MIL: Sanders 9

Assists
MIL: Calderon 10

Cleveland Win Third Straight

Dion Waiters continued his hot streak.

Cleveland came away with a 99-89 win against the New York Knicks.

Dion Waiters followed up his 46 against the Bucks, as he led the scoring once again with 27. Kyrie Irving was also in fine form, with 20 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists. J.J. Redick continued his strong form off the bench, with 16 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists, while Tristan Thompson (12) and Chuck Shaw (10) both contributed on the offensive end.

Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with 22 points. But Raymond Felton was once again their best player. Not only did he scored 15 points, but he got the players around him involved, as he tallied 10 assists. Iman Shumpert scored 14, while Amar'e Stoudemire had 12.

CLE@NYK

CLE: 99 (Waiters 27, Irving 20, Redick 16)
NYK: 89 (Anthony 22, Felton 15, Shumpert 14)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 20 points (9-19 FG) 6 rebounds 9 assists 1 block

Rebounds
NYK: Anthony, Carter, Chandler 6

Assists
NYK: Felton 10

Record: 12-11
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:30 am

5 Simmed Games

DEN@CLE

DEN: 77 (Brewer 17, Chandler 14, Gallinari 14)
CLE: 76 (Irving 22, Waiters 16, Redick 14)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Corey Brewer 17 points (7-13 FG) 4 rebounds 4 assists

Rebounds
DEN: Faried 12
CLE: Varejao 17

Assists
DEN: Lawson 8
CLE: Redick 6

Injury Report
Marreese Speights - Broken Jaw, 6-8 weeks

Notes: With the severity of Marreese Speights' injury, the Cleveland Cavaliers might have to use up one of their roster spaces to account for his absense. Currently Charlie Villanueva is set to gain some minutes from this.

CLE@BKN

CLE: 118 (Irving 30, Varejao 20, Waiters 19)
BKN: 103 (Johnson 25, Lopez 22, Watson 22)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Kyrie Irving 30 points (12-26 FG) 7 rebounds 15 assists 1 block

Rebounds
BKN: Arthur 8

Assists
CLE: Irving 15
BKN: Johnson 8

DET@CLE

CLE: 95 (Thompson 24, Redick 22, Waiters 20)
DET: 89 (Knight 23, Monroe 13, Paul 10)

Jordan Performer of the Game: J.J. Redick 22 points 2 rebounds 5 assists 1 steal

Rebounds
CLE: Varejao 19
DET: Monroe 9

Assists
CLE: Waiters 7
DET: Paul 6

Injury Report
Kyrie Irving - Separated Shoulder, 2-4 weeks

Notes: With the injury to Kyrie, not only do the Cavs lose their star, but the 3-guard rotation is broken up. Redick will come into the starting line-up, with Dion Waiters moving to the point.

LAC@CLE

LAC: 118 (Billups 25, Griffin 24, Butler 16)
CLE: 94 (Waiters 22, Redick 16, Varejao 14)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Blake Griffin 24 points (11-16 FG) 14 rebounds 4 assists 3 steals

Rebounds
LAC: Griffin 14

Assists
LAC: Bledsoe 8
CLE: Gee, Redick 5

CLE@BOS

CLE: 111 (Waiters 34, Redick 21, Gee 14)
BOS: 86 (Bradley 20, Pierce 19, Green 9)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Dion Waiters 34 points (12-23 FG) 4 rebounds 7 assists 3 steals

Rebounds
BOS: Garnett, Green 8

Assists
CLE: Waiters 7
BOS: Rondo 8

Record: 15-13

Cleveland Sign Another NBA Champion

Gary Neal signed a one year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers worth 1.57 million.

According to a source close to the franchise, other candidates Cleveland considered included Leandro Barbosa, Patrick Mills and former Cavs guard Daniel Gibson.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Good signing in Gary Neal. I guess everybody would say that now after watching the Finals. 15:13 is good and I doubt you 'll stay there, but let's see if you can sneak through the season right into the playoffs.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Kenny on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 am

hova-, I couldn't go past Gary Neal. Not only do I rate him, but he also only asked to be a bench warmer, while others like Mills and Barbosa wanted to be role players. I don't know how Neal will fit into the system once Kyrie gets back, so I didn't want to promise a role for him or anyone. He makes the team deeper though.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:41 am

King James, Heat Triumphant in Cleveland

LeBron James continues to break the hearts of the Cleveland fans.

The Miami Heat came away with a 108-93 win in Cleveland. Despite the final score, the game did have a bit of life in it, as the Cavaliers cut down a 12 point half-time lead to 5 with a 28-21 third quarter.

But Miami showed their class in the 4th, winning the quarter 30-20. LeBron James led the scoring for Miami. The former number one pick of the Cleveland Cavaliers had 31 points, 3 rebounds and 5 assists. The real surprise came from Mario Chalmers. He had his way with the Cavaliers, scoring 29 off 19 shot attempts. Chris Bosh also had a solid game, as he was 2 rebounds away from a double-double, with 10 points and 8 rebounds.

For the Cavaliers, J.J. Redick made the most of his starting opportunity, with 29 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists. With the absense of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters played more of a distributing role, with 13 points and 9 assists. New recruit Gary Neal was thrown into the deep end and had a solid first game for the Cavaliers, scoring 12. Chuck Shaw also added 10 points and 5 rebounds.

MIA@CLE

MIA: 108 (James 31, Chalmers 29, Bosh 10)
CLE: 93 (Redick 29, Waiters 13, Neal 12)

Jordan Performer of the Game: Mario Chalmers 29 points (13-19 FG) 7 assists 2 steals

Rebounds
MIA: Bosh, Miller 8

Assists
MIA: Chalmers 7
CLE: Waiters 9

LeBron Takes Over in Miami

LeBron was unstoppable once again.

The Heat returned to South Beach and picked up a 103-90 win over Cleveland in the back-to-back.

LeBron James had an incredible game for the reigning Eastern Conference champs, scoring 43 points. Supporting him, Norris Cole also had a solid game, with 14 points off 7-11 shooting, while Shane Battier and Chris Bosh both had 12.

For the Cavaliers, it was J.J. Redick who was the high-point man once again. He scored 26 points off 10-19 shooting. Dion Waiters had a more assertive game, scoring 20. But him and Redick were the only two double-digit scorers for Cleveland. Gary Neal and Charlie Villanueva scored 8 each, but for the most part, the Cavs offense was stifled by the excellent defensive pressure that Miami have become known for.

CLE@MIA

MIA: 103 (James 43, Cole 14, Battier 12)
CLE: 90 (Redick 26, Waiters 20, Neal 8)

Jordan Performer of the Game: LeBron James 43 points (19-30 FG) 8 rebounds 4 assists 4 steals 1 block

Rebounds
MIA: James 8
CLE: Varejao 5

Assists
MIA: Chalmers 8
CLE: Waiters 6

Record: 15-15
Last edited by Kenny on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood