NBA Action 14(HD)(NEW ROSTER UPDATE) & Q&A's

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Re: NBA Action 13 Mod Project (No Release date yet)

Postby Like A Boss on Tue May 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Oh so you're using texmod all along (Y)
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Devilish on Wed May 29, 2013 5:16 am

Mattan wrote:Oh so you're using texmod all along (Y)

Yes ive found it to be quite useful
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
(Y) https://www.facebook.com/ICanModByDevilishNLSC/ (Y)
Devilish

Postby S_Brat on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:41 am

gameply looks like it has improved from the latest video.... keep up your hard work....
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby Devilish on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:32 am

S_Brat wrote:gameply looks like it has improved from the latest video.... keep up your hard work....

Thanks bro,i'll have another update later on or by tomorrow.The only way i was able to get the score at the end of the quarter was to play 8 min games instead of 10 min games this seems to have the scores and stats at a realism level.
Also about your CF updates.I finally used them all but i think the problem was in the file size or them being 2x
i noticed your files were about 256kb well for some reason my Live 08 didnt accept them correctly and would crash so what i did was exported bmp and imported bmp 256x256 & ran thru fshx and they seem to work that way at 64kb so maybe in your Read Me file you should make a note to others that they should try to use 1x Faces if they have problems using multiple patches i think thats what caused my problems @S_brat Seems to fixed it tho
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
Devilish

Postby Dc311 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:15 am

Devilish wrote:Also about your CF updates.I finally used them all but i think the problem was in the file size or them being 2x
i noticed your files were about 256kb well for some reason my Live 08 didnt accept them correctly and would crash so what i did was exported bmp and imported bmp 256x256 & ran thru fshx and they seem to work that way at 64kb so maybe in your Read Me file you should make a note to others that they should try to use 1x Faces if they have problems using multiple patches i think thats what caused my problems @S_brat Seems to fixed it tho

That has been discussed many many many times before with 2x cf's and multiple patches.People just need to read the threads.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Devilish on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:19 am

I understand bro but i just never had a problem with that until now,i didnt have a problem with your tup12 mod with 2x jerseys and faces and i used multiples then also!!lol
Devilish

Postby Devilish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:52 am

phpBB [video]

I cant seem to key in on what this is guys any help???Could it be the plays the teams are running as primary offense plays???
The PF will bring the ball up the floor if the PG isnt back there but they are suppose to right? :lol: :x ???
Devilish

Postby Devilish on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:51 pm

So i havent posted many due to i've been working very hard on the gameplay bug in the video posted above.But i was able to get a few things done that i wanted to do to improve some things.
1.NEXT GEN PLAYER MODELS(XBOX360)
2.I've done alot of HEx editing to a number of files inside of the game so many i've actually lost count.
But some of the file i've edited are as follows.
dpckani
dpckhf
dpckpow
dpckreg
scenario
xplays
xscenario
tuning
ubi
simeng
etc,etc
just letting everyone know i have been working very hard at this because i want you guys to have a fun and new experience with an old game. :lol: But that is just some of the main things i've put my focus into,I'll have videos soon on the new gameplay soon as i can test out all of the teams and make sure the PF,C arent bringing the rock up the court!! :|
Devilish

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Good stuff! (Y)

Have you had much luck fixing the simulated stats in Dynasty Mode, or issues such as losing control after the last free throw?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Devilish on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Good stuff! (Y)

Have you had much luck fixing the simulated stats in Dynasty Mode, or issues such as losing control after the last free throw?

Well i havent had awhole lot of dynasty time yet but i just started one,i plan on getting around to that soon as i can i just wanted to get the release stuff ready because there will be a ton of updates and such.But load my dynasty and simulate a few games and post the box score screenshots
now teams score around 18-24 points a quarter.
Devilish

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:33 pm

The big thing has been individual player stats, with players scoring about 35-40 ppg and only getting around 0.2-0.3 spg and bpg. If that can be tweaked/fixed and a couple of the other gameplay quirks fixed, then that'll really enhance the game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Devilish on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Andrew wrote:The big thing has been individual player stats, with players scoring about 35-40 ppg and only getting around 0.2-0.3 spg and bpg. If that can be tweaked/fixed and a couple of the other gameplay quirks fixed, then that'll really enhance the game.

Yea i did notice that,and i'll get on that boss i'll play a game or two and post some screens of stats by quarters and such
Better yet i'll just simulate and let the CPU play that way im not doing any of the scoring
Devilish

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm not talking about gameplay there, I'm talking about simulated stats; the stats that are generated if you sim all your games, along with the stats that the game generates for all games between CPU controlled teams in Dynasty Mode. So that's something you'd test by simulating games in the front end. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Devilish on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Ok i got you i'll simulate the season i have and see the end of the year results and such i'll post back with a few game box scores real fast boss!!
and you can tell me if it looks about right give me one moment (Y)
Devilish

Postby Devilish on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:29 pm

8MIN QTR's
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hows this and i'll post back with standings and other season stats
Devilish

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Setting the Sim Quarter Length to 12 minutes would be the better way to go here. The numbers for the starters don't look too bad for a sampling of one game, but the issue has always been the overall season stats/leaders. The bench players obviously aren't getting enough playing time either, though that's often been the case with NBA Live's sim engine.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Devilish on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Oh ok well i'll continue to see if i can improve that aspect boss
12mins quarters never tried but at 10 mins the end of quarter stats were 25-30 pts
Devilish

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Ideally, 12 minute quarters would be best for sim length since it means proper minutes (in theory). As for gameplay, that's up to use preference.

Appreciate the efforts, keep up the good work!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Devilish on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 am

Andrew wrote:Ideally, 12 minute quarters would be best for sim length since it means proper minutes (in theory). As for gameplay, that's up to use preference.

Appreciate the efforts, keep up the good work!

Thanks i'll continue to work and see if i can fix that i also noticed that when i get to the all-star game the stats all look correct except the PF and C average 10.0+ assist per game?Anyone know what i could change to just change that it seems to be the only stat that doesnt look correct
Devilish

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah, that's another problematic stat, along with big men shooting (and making) too many threes in simulated games.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Devilish on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Well i've been trying to hex edit values inside of the data table under assist ratings in the simeng but i havent seen any changes as of yet,so it could be something else or im just not hitting the right values
Devilish

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:49 pm

From memory, it's not a precise science with NBA Live 08 compared to the simeng.txt file that the game actually did utilise previously (editing 08's simeng.txt file does nothing). Pretty much just a case of trial and error.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Devilish on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:37 am

Oh ok lol well if i can find the area of the problem hopefully i can fix it
i wont put a time on it tho. :lol:
Devilish

Postby genthru on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:37 am

can you add the free throw gameplay on live 04 in this project ?
to add some thrill when we free throw :)
genthru

Postby Devilish on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:57 am

genthru wrote:can you add the free throw gameplay on live 04 in this project ?
to add some thrill when we free throw :)

What do you mean change it to where it has the meter from left to right and your suppose to stop it in the middle to hit the freethrow??
I dont believe thats possible
Devilish

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 08