[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

Postby Leftos on Sun May 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Such a minor mistake. Sorry for that. New version is up (v1.12.0.18), no problems with importing or saving box scores anymore.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 am

Absolutely BIG things are coming for NBA Stats Tracker!

v1.13 released!

Version 1.13 introduces the Play By Play Editor! You can now insert play by play information for any of the games you keep track of. This is merely a preview of a series of upcoming features, including calculating the box score based on the play by play information, and using that information to do analysis such as partial stats calculations. Soon, queries such as "How well does Player X shoot between 10 and 16 feet when guarded by Player Y and when there's less than 8 seconds on the clock?", or "What happens when Player X and Player Y are on the floor together in the 4th quarter?" will be doable, providing an unparalleled level of analysis.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Eaglerock562 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks buddy,

Just downloaded the new version, such a great addition to this tool. Can't wait to see how it works.
Eaglerock562
NBA 2K Roster Editor - TRIFECTA Roster Set
Association Mode Guru
Eaglerock562

Postby Andrew on Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 am

Awesome. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BrotherJRB on Mon May 13, 2013 11:20 am

Rotation statistics was what I was craving. Man this is ringing 82 games.com to life. Thanks for the work Leftos.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby albidnis on Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh Dam.. I am back to playing NBA2K
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Sat May 25, 2013 2:28 am

Version 1.14 (out now) introduces the new, improved Advanced Stats Calculator, which can now calculate partial stats based on play by play criteria, allowing you to go deeper than ever before.

The example shown in the screenshot would make the following query to the database:
"What happens in games that Greg Monroe scores more than or exactly 17 points, Drummond picks up less than 4 rebounds and Jose Calderon starts, when Jonas Jerebko attempts a shot from between 16ft and the 3pt line with less than 2 minutes left on the clock?"

Another example could be "What happens when players X, Y and Z are all on the floor at the same time during the 4th period, in games that player D was injured and didn't play more than 5 minutes?"

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buddaking on Sat May 25, 2013 2:36 am

hey leftos. congratulations on being apart of the 2k team. im not to sure if you are able to give us the answer. but do you know if 2k14 is being release to the pc this october?. im very curious to know. if you can't provide that information. then it perfectly fine.
buddaking

Postby johnbuckeyefan on Sat May 25, 2013 2:50 am

Wow, great work on all of this Leftos and congrats on the new gig with 2K. I'm not really familiar with how this works, but will it work at all with single games? Basically what I'm asking is there any way to export statistical data from single games into excel or something? I'm wondering because my College Hoops mod does not work with Association mode, and some people were wondering if they could set something up to play a modified "Season Mode" via quick games? Is it possible to automatically export quick game stats and scores that I could complile in excel and have a modified association mode to play a full season of College Hoops?

Thanks again sir, I can't begin to thank you enough for everything you've done for this site and 2K modding. Good luck at 2K, you are certainly deserving of this amazing new job.
johnbuckeyefan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Sat May 25, 2013 3:14 am

johnbuckeyefan, I think I answered that same question via PM. AFAIK, there's no way to export single game stats from the game, as there's neither any facilities in-game for that, nor do they get saved anywhere REDitor can read them. IF, and I say IF, future iterations of NBA 2K come to PC and I get to work on specific features, I'd definitely work on something like that. However, I can make no promises about anything right now.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hova- on Sat May 25, 2013 4:39 am

So, sorry for asking, but how can I use this one for NBA 2k13. I read you save your association data with reditor and then open it with stats tracker? Somehow I cannot open my association save files with reditor though ..
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Leftos on Sat May 25, 2013 4:52 am

You need the appropriate license. The free version of REDitor won't suffice. You'll need a license that can open your Association saves, plus the Players, Teams, Team_Stats and Player_Stats tabs.

Once you get that, you open your save in REDitor, click Export to CSV -> Whole File, then open NBA Stats Tracker and import into it.

These videos should help:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 25, 2013 4:58 am

is there any way to have a player statistic that tracks how many games they've played with another particular player? Obviously that would be a box score reliant thing.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat May 25, 2013 5:20 am

Player Overview > Head-To-Head > Each Other

or

Advanced Stats Calculator. Add Player X, MINS > 0. Add Player Y, MINS > 0. Should work. The criteria work on an AND basis, so for a game to be included in the Met Criteria tabs, it should fulfill all of them. So unless both players played more than 0 minutes in a game, that game won't be counted (actually it will be, in the Unmet Criteria tabs).

If you mean they should both be on the floor at the same time, then use the "Set Players On The Floor" feature.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat May 25, 2013 7:39 am

So simple, yet it took more than a year for me to get around to implementing it. Oops! Well, it is there now. NBA Stats Tracker features Quick Find. Just press Ctrl-F at the Main Interface, and type away.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Eaglerock562 on Sun May 26, 2013 1:31 am

Hey Leftos,

Quick questions since you have the pc version of 2k13. When you are about to play your team's game and the "advance thru game" screen pops up when you hit yes, do you have an option to simulate using Hoopcast? Just was curious if the pc version had that because on the 360 when I use hoopcast to sim one of my games if I'm not up to playing it I noticed that toggling through the options and features that it has a play by play screen that might not be quite a in depth play by play, but for those like myself who are enjoying the play by play feature to NST, you can sim to the end of the game, quarter, dead ball and it won't cut the play by play off, it'll have it for the entire game so if you sim to the end of the game you can toggle through til you get to the play by play and scroll all the way down and input from the start of the game all the way to the end, although I'm sure it would take maybe half an hour for those quick on the keyboard to get through, just was curious if you had that feature on the pc version and if you've used it before.
Eaglerock562
Association Mode Guru
Eaglerock562

Postby Leftos on Sun May 26, 2013 1:56 am

Simulate via Hoopcast is there on the PC. I don't use it as I play all my games in full, but it is there.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hova- on Sun May 26, 2013 1:57 am

Oh my bad. Thought it was for free. Dunno about spending money for Reditor although stats tracker would be very cool. Then, it is only just for stats in my virtual game. Not really worth a dollar I geuss.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Leftos on Sun May 26, 2013 2:11 am

It's all a matter of perception. For me, the hours I spend on NBA 2K every year are well worth the price of both the game and REDitor. NBA Stats Tracker has made my experience so much better by giving it levels it never had before. I see paying for REDitor the same way I would pay for an expansion to a game I love, because it adds so many more possibilities and cool stuff.

But that's just the way I see it. Well, up to you!

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Eaglerock562 on Sun May 26, 2013 10:36 am

Leftos wrote:It's all a matter of perception. For me, the hours I spend on NBA 2K every year are well worth the price of both the game and REDitor. NBA Stats Tracker has made my experience so much better by giving it levels it never had before. I see paying for REDitor the same way I would pay for an expansion to a game I love, because it adds so many more possibilities and cool stuff.

But that's just the way I see it. Well, up to you!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Reditor is by far the expansion pack to this NBA 2K, it gives you the ability to fully edit and make things correct and accurate. No more blank spaces in teams records, no more blank spaces in the awards section or hall of fame. You can correct players colleges and draft information that 2K had inaccurate from the beginning as well as correcting statistics, bio information and for me the biggest thing, taking out the generic staff members and adding ALL the coaching staffs from every team into your association file giving you a coaching staff free agency of incredible options.
Eaglerock562
Association Mode Guru
Eaglerock562

Postby A$AP-Pookie on Sun May 26, 2013 10:27 pm

how to get association CSV , for poor man , who can't affort a REDitor ?
http://www.forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=90858
Comment me and you'll be commented too.
A$AP-Pookie

Postby Leftos on Sun May 26, 2013 10:42 pm

No other way. Sorry.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby zyco187 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:38 pm

does anyone know how to use this wil 2k13 Assocation ? i read thru readme and i dont understand

thanks
zyco187

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 30, 2013 12:42 pm

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby zyco187 on Thu May 30, 2013 12:49 pm

JaoSming wrote:try starting with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67E4pwc1OM