So...look what I've found.

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

How's it working on your game?

Just fine. Runs well, with some hit on performance.
100%
Not working. Or too much hit on performance.
No votes

Total votes : 2

So...look what I've found.

Postby Cpt(K) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:56 pm

I've been trying to get an ENB series to work with this game for a long time, needless to say I wasn't very successful in finding one for what seemed like an eternity. However, I have now found an ENB series that works and is editable, I found it from this thread http://www.forumkorner.net/thread-38739.html and downloaded it from here http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewf ... 6&start=15 after putting this inside the game's root directory it has worked absolutely great!

I also had to download the enb injector found here http://enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm I am not sure if the enb with the converter can run without it. I do not truly understand why I wasn't able to get it to work earlier without the dx8 converter, but it is working great now. I just figured I'd share this.

Check this out! This is an unmodified version of the original enb. The person(s) responsible for this have been appropriately noted in the link (though ultimately Boris is).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cpt(K)

Re: So...look what I've found.

Postby Cpt(K) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:12 pm

More Screenshots of an edited version! Using a different Palette texture and modified Depth of Field, Bloom, and motion blur (disabled).
I am not sure why the backboard has a strange color to it though, I'll have to figure that one out. Might be the palette textures actually. Oh, and I have seen some distortions of the automatic replays where the "EA" logo appears. Nothing game breaking though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cpt(K)

Postby Murat on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:06 am

Looks really nice.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 am

Thanks, I thought it looked a lot better myself. At the cost of a few frames per second though, hardly noticeable for me. Well, the modified version that is; the depth of field usually lags a lot in a 5 vs 5 game. Almost about 30-35 fps with it on. However I did decide to use a different ENB series from Live 08 with it, I must say that it looks pretty good.
This series in particular gives a bigger performance hit, I am using a bluesharpshift effect in an older format. It performed better in Live 08 however, I did experience nearly the same Frames per second drop but not as much as in Live 03.
PS: The ENB series WILL NOT work without the ENB injector, I have tried and it failed. <-- This statement is now obsolete.
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cpt(K)

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 am

I just went and swapped my effect.txt with another one and got this! (hint: I used this unmodified version in Live 08 as well, over in my other thread) I have successfully managed to understand how to edit the bloom in this effect.txt. I have a screenshot of the original (lotsa bloom) and some of a modified version with less bloom (no eye hurt). One effect I have been wanting to use in the live series is film grains, yet I have not found a suitable effect or enb series to download. This will have to do for now.
Cpt(K)

Postby Cpt(K) on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:14 am

Okay, I have been working at it for a while and have decided to release more screenshots. I also have been considering releasing the ENB series with 2 palette textures to choose from! I present to you, screenshots of my latest editing and I think it looks pretty good! The first screenshot is similar to the ones in my first post, with the elimination of motion blur and Depth of Field (it bogged down the frame rate in 5vs5).

Cpt(K)

Postby Murat on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:44 am

The 2nd post (Stanton dunking) and the last 2 pictures look nice, you may release them
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 am

Alrighty, then I shall release them via the NLSC download center. (Lack of other user comments prompt me to do so) However, I have to go run an errand for someone so they should be uploaded sometime in the afternoon or evening.

EDIT: It has been released, a version I am working on (BETA) and some other previous versions (like the last 3 screenshots). Oh, I also included the version I am most comfortable with (current version).

PS: Murat, sorry bro I seem to have lost the configuration for the picture with Stanton Dunking in it. I'll try to find it or reproduce it and release it. (That one has a lesser performance hit I think, the Stanton one)
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt(K)

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Some screenshots of the beta version, and of my current version that I am using.

BETA:

Current Version:

NBA Live 2003 ENB Series <- Download link
Cpt(K)

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 am

I have reduced the performance impact on the game by removing some effects that I feel were not necessary to begin with. I couldn't even notice a change in the quality, but having them enabled was a mistake. I have updated the ENB with a modified configuration file (enbseries.ini) in the "current version folder." Enjoy a better framerate. (Y)
Cpt(K)

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 am

You should try fxaatool. It has tabs for different effects and sliders for the values. You can also keep the game running as you make changes.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Pdub, ok thanks, I will look into that and see what can come of it. I usually just CTRL + ESC or ALT TAB to desktop though.

Oh, I said this in the read me, but I have gotten the ENB series to work without the injector. This was after I made a fresh install and extracted the ENB series with a converter, it mediates the Dxdx8.dll and dxdx9.dll I guess. Since Live 03 runs on some build of Direct X 8 I believe. This is probably why it would crash or not be detected sometimes.
Cpt(K)

Postby ize on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Looks great! thanx :!:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ize

Postby MovesLikeShit on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Looks Cool :cool:
le me try that!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ME GUSTA!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
MovesLikeShit

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 pm

I've been having some difficulty with my old computer, so my future releases are put on hold.
Cpt(K)

Postby Cpt(K) on Tue May 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I had downloaded fxaatool, however, it is not exactly to my likening as far as familiarity goes - especially when I'm modding Live 2003. Instead I have been using that on Live 08, I still favor my traditional method of editing the enbseries.ini though. Perhaps I'll get used to the former soon enough.

I picked up Live 2003 and started tweaking the enbseries.ini some more, I'm not exactly prepared to release anything else just yet though. I'll also be browsing the web for more palette textures to use with the enbseries. I have also looked at the enbseries without palette textures as well, looks different I'll say.
Cpt(K)

Postby hz995641350 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:23 pm

I want to know how to download? :D
hz995641350

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun May 18, 2014 9:45 am

Okay, so I've made a little return to modding these EA sports titles. I have uploaded a newer, higher quality version with some tweaked Depth of Field (I didn't overdo it I promise). The updated version will be in the link I have provided at the top. I'll try to provide some screenshots too.

There are two different palettes to choose from, the two I thought were the best that I have found. I may try creating a custom palette for the Live titles myself, but that's another time.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Sun May 18, 2014 11:35 am

Nice. Feel free to put it up in the Downloads database, too. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 pm

I'm not sure what you mean, are you referring to the download section? I always upload my content there. :D
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:30 pm

My mistake, on second glance I noticed it was an update to an existing release and thus in the database at the previously posted link. All good. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2003