[Tool] Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor

Postby znooz2 on Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

can anyone help me find myplayer id in this roster editor coz im trying to change my shoe brand. please help :cry:
znooz2

Postby Leftos on Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 pm

NBA 2K13 > NBA 2K13 Tutorials > Video Tutorials by JaoSming > NBA 2K13 Roster Editor > Add a CF to your MyCAREER Player

viewtopic.php?f=150&t=89054
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ap18 on Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm

can someone please help me
im trying to change team colors but there are 6 colors and i dont which number is the team color 1 and 2 and shich is the head band and such
ALL STEPH CURRY THREE POINTERS IN 2013 SEASON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKARZf4ywE&feature=youtu.be
ap18

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 pm

it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
the first one does headbands. other than that, info here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6_BazcTpMg
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby fouryearpuma on Sat May 25, 2013 4:13 am

Let's say I want to lower potential by 15 points across the board - on every player. Is there a way to do this without having to change each individual player one at a time?
fouryearpuma

Postby Leftos on Sat May 25, 2013 4:22 am

Yup. Find & Replace.

Find:
ID >= 0

Replace:
RPot -= 15

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby fouryearpuma on Sat May 25, 2013 4:56 am

Leftos wrote:Yup. Find & Replace.

Find:
ID >= 0

Replace:
RPot -= 15

OK, cool. I'm sure it will make sense once I'm home and have the tool up and running :) Thanks for the prompt reply
fouryearpuma

Postby fouryearpuma on Sat May 25, 2013 10:38 am

doesn't seem to be working. changes aren't taking
fouryearpuma

Postby fouryearpuma on Sat May 25, 2013 10:51 am

got it to work. thanks!
fouryearpuma

Postby paparapapat on Sat May 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Leftos, I need some help sir. I keep getting this error whenever I try to open the exe. I tried downloading it again and run it as administrator, still nothing...

Code: Select all
Unhandled Exception Error Report for NBA 2K13 Roster Editor
Version 0.23.0.4

Exception information:
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Window' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.FrameworkElement' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Documents.TextElement' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MS.Internal.FontCache.Util' threw an exception. ---> System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString, UriKind uriKind)
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.Util..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.Util.get_Dpi()
   at System.Windows.SystemFonts.ConvertFontHeight(Int32 height)
   at System.Windows.Documents.TextElement..cctor()
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement..cctor()
   at System.Windows.Window..cctor()
   at System.Windows.Window..ctor()
   at NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow..ctor() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 211
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception information:
The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Window' threw an exception.
paparapapat

Postby Leftos on Sat May 25, 2013 8:29 pm

I have no idea, as it's the first time I've ever encountered this issue. One possible culprit is that your PATH environment variable could be too long.

The default PATH variable for Windows 7 is
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

You may try to change it by right-clicking My Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Advanced > Environment Variables and checking the PATH variable both for the User and the System. Changing these while not being careful may cause various programs in your computer, and even parts of Windows, to stop working, so do it at your own risk.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby didimos on Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Λευτερη αμα ανοιξω το roster editor και ανοιξω my career.cmg θα μπορω να αλλαξω τα χρωματα απο τα παπουτσια του παιχτη μου που δημιουργησα?

Leftos if i open my career.cmg can i edit the shoe colors for my player that i have created?
didimos

Postby T-Wave on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Leftos wrote:T-Wave, feel free to release the updated version. I have no issue with that, and I love to see people continuing my work.

If you're familiar with how Git works, I'd rather you did a Pull Request on my GitHub repo so that I could merge your changes into the main codebase and allow others to grab them as well, instead of having two separate projects. In any case, since I won't be working on Roster Editor anymore, feel free to start your own fork if you want to. Whether you do the Pull Request is up to you.

Hi Leftos,

sorry for getting back to you so late, but I haven't had (and still do not have) anytime. No, I haven't ever used Git, but it shouldn't be very different from other version control systems, right? However, I don't have time to experiment with Git right now, so I'll just upload my visual studio solution here and hope you can integrate the changes into Git (just this one time ). For any future modifications, I promise to work with Git :wink: .

I think the changes are found in the TradedPlayersView.xaml and the MainWindow.xaml, where I added the 3 buttons (Previous, Current, Compare). How it works is as follows:
1- Choose the roster which is your original roster where the trades HAVE NOT yet occurred.
2- Click on the "Previous" button. A message box pops up acknowledging that the previous roster has been noted
3- Now choose your current roster where the trades HAVE occurred.
4- Click the "Current" button. Again, a message box pops up acknowledging that the current roster has been noted
5- Click "Compare". A new window pops up showing all the players that have been traded between both rosters.
6- Select all the players whose trades you want to undo, then click "Undo", and the trades will be undone.

There's a button in the Undo window called "Toggle all". Its purpose is to Select all or Unselect all players who have been traded between both windows. Clicking it works, even though the checkboxes in the "Undo" column of the grid do not appear selected. I haven't looked into why it doesn't get checked because I know it works and that's all I want.

Also, I changed part of your code from
Convert.ToInt32(typeof (PlayerEntry).GetProperty("ContractY" + j).GetValue(pe, null)) == 0

to
Convert.ToInt64(typeof (PlayerEntry).GetProperty("ContractY" + j).GetValue(pe, null)) == 0

because in the second season of myCareer, I had some players whose value couldn't fit in an Int32.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T-Wave

Postby CjRice on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:22 pm

How to change players name on NBA 2k13?

A random example, ponerler Air Vince Carter Carter, for example
CjRice

Postby ap18 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 pm

you cant chnage names with roster editor inly with reditor
ap18

Postby CjRice on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:03 pm

ap18 wrote:you cant chnage names with roster editor inly with reditor

Ok, thanks!
CjRice

Postby Gigabyte on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:13 am

ap18 wrote:you cant chnage names with roster editor inly with reditor

You can, actually. Change someone's player type to 6 and he will be editable in-game. When you're done, change it back to 2. Don't forget to save after every use of Roster Editor and make backups just in case. :)

The best of the best — all in ONE roster. Check it out! (Y)

C'mon, click here: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=90375. You know you want to. :cheeky: ;)
Gigabyte

Postby Leftos on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 am

I remember in-game name editing being buggy, but what Gigabyte said is true.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ap18 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 am

thanks man i will try it myself :)
ap18

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 am

if you are editing a roster file, the REDitor does the players tab, and player name editing, for free
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ap18 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:11 am

one qustion if im editing names in reditor will it effect on players?
i mean i changed all playes typs in roster editor and them went to the games and chaged chris andersen names but when i tried to change chris bosh name his first name (chris) was the same
ap18

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:20 am

with REDitor you edit the name of the specific player and only that player
when doing bank of names hex editing, and possible with the player type switch thing mentioned before, you have the possibility of changing all "Chris" names to something else.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ap18 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:22 am

ok thanks man im editing names with reditor and its really nuch easyer :)
ap18

Postby CjRice on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 am

It´s possible edit an association? For example, if I play one association with Bulls and I have been 20 games played and at the next days Howard go to Rockets, Kirilenko go to Nets, etc., I can edit this in my association? And not having to start a new ... ie my association to update as things happen.
CjRice

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 am

yep, just trade players in the tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUFJMdkMNw
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding