(63-19) First Round Wraps Up [4-0]

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Youngsters Turn in a Thriller

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Yeah no doubt. I was extra surprised when I made that game-winner with Turner. I really didn't trust his shooting ability, but he came through there. (Y)

Next is the All-Star game. I actually played it quite a while back but never really got down to writing up the recap. Now I just hope I haven't forgotten the details of the game. :lol: I should post it within the next few days if time permits.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby rise on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 am

Woah, nice to see this still going on! (Y)

It's been a while. I need to go back and refresh myself. :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 am

Welcome back, rise/z02. :) Take your time, updates are slower than molasses currently.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Cruzerr on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Agreed with Rise, really awesome to see this going. Gotta get on track aswell.

Must have been a really fun game.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 am

Thanks for the kind words, Cruzerr! Nice to see you back too. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby mp3 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Melo snub WTF !!

This wouldnt happen in the East lol

Impressed this is still going and without Harden too!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Stress Fracture on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Kevin Martin has been the established go-to guy for this team. I think Harden's not needed as of the moment.

Might as well re-read this at work. Nothing to do there, that's why :lol:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 02, 2013 6:44 pm

mp3 wrote:Melo snub WTF !!

This wouldnt happen in the East lol

Impressed this is still going and without Harden too!

I too was surprised that Melo was snubbed. That happened to me with Kevin Martin last season because he sat out a few games with an injury and I guess that took him out of the database for most All-Star votes. Also, more along the lines of what Fracture said, Harden isn't necessary here because we have K-Mart and Yao!

I will probably be resuming this in about a week. I anticipate that it may take me the whole summer to wrap this up. As this is probably my last story, I hope you guys enjoy what's left of it! :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Take down Stern ASAP! :lol:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Mark. on Mon May 06, 2013 9:23 am

Wait..... why is this your last story?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Axel The Great on Wed May 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Mark., I just don't see myself continuing to update a story due to the lack of time I have. Having to juggle uni, work, and here and there, a social life, I just don't have the free time I used to have when I first started this story. :(
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

All-Star Saturday Events

Postby Axel The Great on Mon May 13, 2013 5:17 pm

All-Star Weekend 2012: All-Star Saturday

Posted by Axel Gomez, February 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM
After an epic finish to the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, the All-Star festivities continued in Orlando. First was the Taco Bell Skills Challenge, which tested the point guard skills of some of the league's best point guards. Then was the Foot Locker Three-Point Contest, which pit six of the league's best three-point shooters. All-Star Saturday was capped off with the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest.

Taco Bell Skills Challenge

The Taco Bell Skills Challenge, which is an obstacle course that contestants attempt to go through in the least amount of time as possible, saw San Antonio Spurs veteran Tony Parker take it. Kyle Lowry of the Houston Rockets, Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics, Xavier Nelson of the Los Angeles Lakers, Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs, and John Wall of the Washington Wizards also participated. The results of the first round are below.

Irving, Lowry, and Parker advanced to the second round. The results for that round are below.

For Parker, having participated in this event twice before, the third time was a charm. What many thought would be his biggest struggle, as seen in past events, was the 20-foot jumpshot from the top of the key. In both rounds, he got his first attempt to go down, which is evident of his determination to win this event.

"Going in, I knew I could do everything else right. Make a layup, dribble, and pass, those are give-me's for us in this event. The trick is always the 20-foot jumpshot, which I'm happy to say did not present a problem to me this time around," the 10-year Spurs veteran said.

Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout

After the Skills Challenge, next came the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, which saw the Denver Nuggets' Danilo Gallinari win. In a much better contest compared to last year's, almost everyone scored a healthy amount of points. Ray Allen of the Boston Celtics, Kevin Martin of the Houston Rockets, Danny Granger of the Indiana Pacers, Brandon Jennings of the Milwaukee Bucks, and Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors all participated.

The lowest score in the first round, which was last year's high score, was 14, done by Curry. The third-year player out of Davidson wasn't able to find a rhythm, despite being an odds-on favorite to win the competition. Granger became the third player to hold the record for most points in one round, scoring 25 to tie Craig Hodges and Jason Kapono, both of whom scored that much in 1986 and 2008 respectively. The results from the first round are below.

Granger, Gallinari, and Jennings advanced to the second round, three players I think nobody thought were going to get there. I myself had Allen, Martin, and Curry moving on but it just goes to show the unpredictability of the competition and three-point shooting. This round was close, as all three participants scored over 20 points, but in the end, it was Denver's Gallinari who took home the hardware. The results for the second round are below.

Sprite Slam Dunk Contest

This year, the format of the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest was changed, with all participants getting three dunks with no second round. From there, the winner was decided strictly by fan voting, which saw Utah's Jeremy Evans just edge out Phoenix's Chase Budinger. Paul George of the Indiana Pacers and Derrick Williams of the Washington Wizards also participated.

The contest, in vital need of a revival, was definitely lacking in some areas. However, it did have its share of great dunks. Evans's two-ball dunk and Williams's 360 dunk were the best ones in my opinion. Evans won the contest with 30% of the fan vote.

So with All-Star Saturday's events in the books, the 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend in Orlando will come to a close upon the conclusion of the highly anticipated event: the All-Star Game. The West, having won last year's game, will look to come out on top again. The West is the favorite to win it this year, but will the East have something to say about that?

Note: I only played the three-point contest. The other contests are either a mock of what happened in real life, my imagination, or a mix of both.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: All-Star Saturday Events

Postby Mark. on Tue May 14, 2013 10:15 am

Few surprises there. Not aimed at this association, but the ASW as per usual..... underwhelming :lol: I sometimes wish they just didn't bother with it to be honest.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

2012 All-Star Game

Postby Axel The Great on Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am

2012 NBA All-Star Game

Kevin Durant was the high-point man in this year's All-Star Game, again.

Posted by Axel Gomez, February 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM
In the first half, it was all Kevin Durant. He had a 30-point half, and the East had no answer for him. Durant's dominance was what kept the West in the lead throughout the first half, as the East was led by LeBron James. Durant finished with a game high 41 points.

"Our team was more potent offensively. And when it came to the closing minutes, we were able to lock them down and take the win," Kevin Martin said. Speaking of Martin, he had 14 points, five assists, and four rebounds off the bench. I know I boldly predicted him to take the MVP, but hey, at least he had a good all-around game. Meanwhile, our Yao Ming also had 14 points and grabbed three boards.

The West's lead grew to 15 in the second half, as they were riding a team effort to keep the East at bay. Chris Paul left his print on the West's teamwork as he notched the only double-double of the game with 10 points and 17 assists.

The East didn't lay down without a fight, however. A nice scoring run by Dwyane Wade, whom had 17 points, led to the East trimming down the margin to as low as five before the West was able to close out the game with free throws. The West won this year's All-Star game 142-135.

Durant took home the All-Star Game MVP award, this his second consecutive honor. His 41-point game approached the record for most points in an All-Star game, almost besting Wilt Chamberlain's 42-point game in 1962.

So with the All-Star weekend gone and the trade deadline in the rear view mirror as well, the final stretch of the regular season is here. With the playoffs looming, games will become more competitive as teams look to put themselves in a good situation for the playoffs.

Box Scores:
East 135-West 142

Image Image

Image Image

Highlights:

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Axel The Great on Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

2012 All-Star Game

Postby Axel The Great on Tue May 14, 2013 10:38 am

Mark. wrote:Few surprises there. Not aimed at this association, but the ASW as per usual..... underwhelming :lol: I sometimes wish they just didn't bother with it to be honest.

I know what you mean, but I actually like the Skills Challenge and the Three-Point Contest. The Slam Dunk Contest is in need of a revival. If that happens, we'd be in for a solid ASW. (Y) I also feel like I shouldn't have bothered with the ASW here because my coverage was rather sub-par compared to what I did for last season. Oh well, I'm just glad I powered through it.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: 2012 All-Star Game

Postby Mark. on Tue May 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Yeah that is always a relief once you have got through it!
I agree, I like the skills and 3pt. Dunk comp is always a let down, and ASG is often a bit of a blow over as well. To be honest I actually like the rookie challenge just as much if not more.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Overtime Bull Run [44-15]

Postby Axel The Great on Wed May 15, 2013 11:10 am

[43-14] Houston Rockets 114-96 Milwaukee Bucks [22-35]

Image Image
Goran Dragic contributed 14 points and eight assists off the bench. | The Bucks' new acquisition, Enes Kanter, torched the Rockets for 26 points.

In the first quarter, the Rockets could not find a way to contain Milwaukee's offense. Offensively, the trade deadline deal the Bucks pulled the trigger on was working to perfection. The seventh overall pick of the 2011 draft, Enes Kanter, led the Bucks with 26 points and 17 rebounds, 10 of his points coming in the first quarter. The Bucks scored 36 points in the first quarter.

In the second quarter, the Rockets managed to slow down the Bucks through excellent defense. Yao Ming patrolled the paint well, blocking five shots, scoring 19 points and grabbing seven boards. Meanwhile, Houston went all out on the inside. They scored a blistering 80 points in the paint, exposing Kanter's lack of experience. Despite their regrouping, Houston still trailed by two at halftime.

Houston came out on a rampage in the third quarter, outscoring the Bucks 38-18 and ending the game early. They were up 18 going into the fourth, and it was through the efforts of Yao and Kevin Martin. Martin scored a game high 29 points and shot 11/20 from the field. The Rockets also got a valuable contribution from Goran Dragic as he picked up the slack for Kyle Lowry's foul trouble. Dragic had 14 points and eight assists off the bench. Houston cruised to an easy 114-96 win in Milwaukee.

Notes: As stated earlier, Houston scored a season high 80 points in the paint, and shot 51% from the field. Milwaukee meanwhile, shot just 37% from the field.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 29 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 11/20 FG, 6/6 FT
Yao Ming - 19 points, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 5 blocks, 9/11 FG
Kyle Lowry - 16 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 7/10 FG
Goran Dragic - 14 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 6/15 FG
Luis Scola - 12 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 6/15 FG
Courtney Lee - 9 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 4/10 FG

Bucks:
Enes Kanter - 26 points, 17 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 12/22 FG
Monta Ellis - 23 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 10/28 FG, 3/4 FT
Corey Maggette - 12 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 4/11 FG, 4/4 FT
Brandon Jennings - 10 points, 6 assists, 1 rebound, 2 steals, 3/18 FG

Image28 24 38 24 114
Image36 18 18 24 96

[44-14] Houston Rockets 120-123 Chicago Bulls [36-20]

Image Image
Kevin Martin and Yao Ming scored 33 points each, but unfortunately, it wasn't enough to beat the raging Bulls.
Image Image
Derrick Rose had a sub-par shooting game. | Deng seems to enjoy playing the Rockets, he went for a career high 41 points.

The Rockets beat the Bulls in almost every category you can name. They had more assists, more rebounds, shot better from beyond the arc and from the free throw line, had more blocks, more points in the paint, etc... There was just ONE dictating category that lost them this game: turnovers. The Rockets had a season high 22 turnovers leading to 20 Chicago Bulls steals. And yet, the Rockets were able to take this one into overtime.

This game had periods in which either team dominated. After a tough time scoring in the first quarter, the Rockets scored 37 points in the second, but then slumped to start the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, Chicago's lead was eight with about four minutes remaining. At 101-93, Shane Battier scored a triple to shift the momentum in Houston's favor.

Luol Deng dominated the Rockets, scoring a career high 41 points on about 90% jumpshots. His stellar offense made up for Derrick Rose's sub-par 8/22 shooting night.

"The rim looked like a hula-hoop to me tonight. The farther away I took my shots, the bigger the rim seemed to get," Deng said. "It was a weird sensation, but it got us the win."

Despite his efforts, Houston did not go down without a fight. The Bulls missed some key free throws (they went 14/21 from the free throw line for the game) and left the door open for the Rockets to tie it at 104. After Deng scored the go-ahead basket, Luis Scola was fouled on the next possession with 1.6 seconds remaining. He calmly swished both free throws to tie it at 106. After Deng failed to make a desperation three off a timeout at the other end, the game went into overtime.

Overtime was a high-scoring affair. Yao Ming and Kevin Martin gave the Rockets the bulk of their 14 OT points, both scoring 33 points each for the game (a season high for Yao). However, Chicago was able to attain a firm seven-point lead at one point, but the Rockets still managed to bring it.

Martin knocked down a three to make the score 122-120, and Rose was subsequently fouled and sent to the line with six seconds left. He made one out of two, and with no timeouts remaining, Scola grabbed the rebound and passed it up ahead to Martin. However, the outlet pass was picked off by Ronnie Brewer, and the game was over. Chicago just held off Houston 123-120.

Notes: Both teams shot 47% from the field. The Rockets went 10/19 from beyond the arc and 22/24 from the charity stripe. Despite Chicago's sub-par 7/25 from beyond the arc and 14/21 from the line, they held on thanks to their 20 steals. The Bulls sweep the season series against the Rockets 2-0, having won their last contest against them 96-94.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Yao Ming - 33 points, 11 rebounds, 2 steals, 4 blocks, 14/18 FG, 5/5 FT
Kevin Martin - 33 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 13/27 FG, 2/6 3P, 5/7 FT
Goran Dragic - 13 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 5/8 FG, 3/4 3P
Courtney Lee - 13 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 5/5 FG, 2/2 FT
Luis Scola - 10 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1/8 FG, 8/8 FT
Shane Battier - 8 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 3/8 FG, 2/2 3P
Kyle Lowry - 8 points, 14 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 3/12 FG, 2/6 3P

Bulls:
Luol Deng - 41 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 18/35 FG, 5/15 3P
Derrick Rose - 23 points, 8 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 8/22 FG, 7/10 FT
Ronnie Brewer - 16 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 5/11 FG, 6/8 FT
Carlos Boozer - 14 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 7/12 FG
CJ Watson - 11 points, 5 assists, 1 rebound, 5/7 FG
Taj Gibson - 10 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 5/7 FG

Image19 37 27 23 14 120
Image24 27 26 29 17 123
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Overtime Bull Run [44-15]

Postby Axel The Great on Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am

Mark. wrote:Yeah that is always a relief once you have got through it!
I agree, I like the skills and 3pt. Dunk comp is always a let down, and ASG is often a bit of a blow over as well. To be honest I actually like the rookie challenge just as much if not more.

It's the opposite for me. I like the ASG better than the Rookie Challenge, since the latter tends to be less competitive defensively. Not taking anything away from the Rookie Challenge of course, since it's always entertaining to watch the highlights the NBA's youth can come up with.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Overtime Bull Run [44-15]

Postby Mark. on Thu May 16, 2013 9:12 am

Yeah I just see both as a highlight show to be honest and the rookie one is just a bit more intriguing for me as it show cases some players I may not have seen much of.

Nice win over the Bucks (Y)
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Re: Overtime Bull Run [44-15]

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 30, 2013 5:28 am

Mark., yes, good point. It also showcases the future talents of the NBA. :)

Update coming up, at last! Geez, I'm going much slower than I thought I would. I don't know if I'll be able to speed it up anytime soon.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Mellow Victory [45-16]

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 30, 2013 6:08 am

Part I

[44-15] Houston Rockets 104-90 New York Knicks [29-29]

Image Image
Houston's bench scored 34 points to contribute to the easy win. | Carmelo Anthony scored 33, but it wasn't enough.

The New York Knicks are in a bit of a slump lately having lost four consecutive games to sit at .500. It was obvious in this game why they were in such a slump. Both teams struggled to make shots early on, as the Rockets were forcing New York to difficult shots and the Knicks congested the paint and didn't allow easy inside points. However, as the game progressed, Houston found a rhythm and ran away with it.

Kevin Martin, now the league's leading scorer, top scored for the Rockets with 27 to go along with five boards and five assists. Kyle Lowry accompanied him with 13 points and nine assists. The Rockets also witnessed hot shooting from Shane Battier and Yao Ming as they scored 11 (5/6 FG) and 10 (5/5 FG) respectively.

Meanwhile, Carmelo Anthony had a game high 33 points and shot 7/9 from beyond the arc. Amar'e Stoudemire scored 18 and grabbed 13 boards, and Landry Fields was the last double-digit scorer with 17.

"We did the two things we wanted to do this game. We forced Carmelo (Anthony) to take outside shots, and we shut down everyone else," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. True to his word, Anthony attempted nine three-pointers and did not attempt a single free throw in this game. With only three Knicks players in double figure scoring, the Rockets completed their defensive goals in this one. Steve Nash was awfully quiet in the game, only scoring six points on 3/9 shooting.

Houston's lead grew as big as 26 before New York made a run in garbage time. It was a case of too little too late for the Knicks as they drop their fifth consecutive game.

Notes: Houston shot 48% from the field, New York shot 38%. Houston also shot 8/20 from beyond the arc, New York shot 8/12, Anthony making seven out of New York's eight three-pointers.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 27 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 9/17 FG, 6/6 FT
Kyle Lowry - 13 points, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 4/10 FG, 2/5 3P, 3/3 FT
Shane Battier - 11 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 5/6 FG, 1/1 3P
Yao Ming - 10 points, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 5/5 FG

Knicks
Carmelo Anthony - 33 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 13/30 FG, 7/9 3P
Amar'e Stoudemire - 18 points, 13 rebounds, 1 steal, 3 blocks, 8/17 FG, 2/5 FT
Landry Fields - 17 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 4/12 FG, 8/10 FT

Image23 30 29 22 104
Image19 24 24 23 90

[45-15] Houston Rockets 99-102 New Orleans Hornets [31-29]

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 33 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 11/15 FG, 10/10 FT
Yao Ming - 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 6/10 FG, 4/4 FT
Kyle Lowry - 11 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block, 4/11 FG, 2/2 FT
Luis Scola - 9 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 4/9 FG

Hornets:
Jarrett Jack - 19 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 7/17 FG, 5/5 FT
David West - 17 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 6/9 FG, 5/5 FT
Chris Paul - 15 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 5/16 FG, 5/8 FT
Trevor Ariza - 14 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 5/9 FG, 2/3 3P
Willie Green - 12 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 4/5 FG, 2/2 3P
Emeka Okafor - 12 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks, 5/7 FG, 2/2 FT

Image16 18 38 27 99
Image20 19 34 29 102
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Mellow Victory [45-16]

Postby Mark. on Thu May 30, 2013 10:58 am

A good win followed by a tough loss. I forget the Hornets once had a roster that looked like that!
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Mark. wrote:A good win followed by a tough loss. I forget the Hornets once had a roster that looked like that!

Yeah it's easy to forget how the Hornets once looked before the Chris Paul trade drama. That definitely was a solid roster. (Y)

I don't know if many are still following, given the recent limited feedback I've received, but I've reconsidered my statement about this being my last story. I'm still not so sure about that. I know I won't continue this one, as I have fallen too far behind with the times (which probably explains the relative lack of feedback???). I currently have a pretty good offline association going in 2K13 that I may consider doing a story over. I may make up my mind sometime this month or next, but for now everything's still in the air.
Last edited by Axel The Great on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Mark. on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 pm

IF you are enjoying your current one and feel up to posting you might as well, just do a brief recap of what has happened and pick up from where you are at (Y)
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 am

Waiting for your new association man :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood