NBA Live 2000 Franchise Mode/Offseason Crash -- Help!!!

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

NBA Live 2000 Franchise Mode/Offseason Crash -- Help!!!

Postby mortalsoul3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Forum,

Hope that all is well. I suffered a cpu crash during an NBA Live2000 offseason, an old, old version of the EA Game -- the very first Live entry to feature a Franchise Mode with a draft and free agency and the like -- so I'm reaching out to the "old school" for assistance.

My desktop crashed as I worked my way through free agency and then the offseason draft lottery (five selections in). I have the preceding playoffs saved with results, and I've identified the problem with the computer and corrected it in kind, but I'm wondering whether the data generated in my free agency and the draft is stored SOMEWHERE within the game's database (similar to the manner in which the database stores changes to the Live 2000 Default roster in an accessible file document without the user actively saving those roster changes)? If you recall, the user *could not* actively Save an offseason in Live 2000 while in the midst of use. But can such an updated database file be accessed/extracted/retrieved via dbf editor software? Any insight/direction/advice would be greatly appreciated here. In fact, you guys will have healed the headache raging real time in my poor skull via your assistance. Deepest thanks in advance!

Tell me something good, please!?!

THANK YOU,
MT
Last edited by mortalsoul3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mortalsoul3

Re: NBA Live 2000 Franchise Mode/Offseason Crash -- Help!!!

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 pm

As far as I know, it isn't stored anywhere that you could access now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mortalsoul3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm

D@rn it. Not good. Thanks, Alex. Seems the computer issue is more serious than I thought, besides . . . not a good start to a Sunday. Appreciate you weighing in, nonetheless.

Frightfully frustrating.

MT
mortalsoul3

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm Andrew, not Alex. ;) In any case, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, hope you can get your computer woes sorted.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mortalsoul3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks, Andrew. Your assistance over the years has been exceptionally valuable, and is greatly appreciated in this quarter. I'm sleepy and more than a tad bit frustrated with this computer and another electrical device here on the home front this evening/morning. Frustrated and tired, and stumbling about. Sorry.

Take Care,
MT
mortalsoul3

Postby hentzman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 am

@mortalsoul3

During a franchise season, all data are automatically saved to *.dbf files in the dbdata folder and then manually to a save folder. So, after a crash, it could be worth to check the dbdata files (e.g. players.dbf) for changes and copy them into the franchise's save folder. Sometimes my game crashes after a game, right before the schedule is displayed. Then I copy the relevant dbf files from dbdata to the save folder and the show can go on.

However, in your case, this wouldn't be successful because there has to be a schedule and a date from which such a restored game save can be resumed. So, in your case, it would be the end of the playoffs. In other words, it can only work during regular season or playoffs.

Another bad thing is, dbdata files are overwritten after every new start of the game.
hentzman

Postby mortalsoul3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 am

hentzman wrote:However, in your case, this wouldn't be successful because there has to be a schedule and a date from which such a restored game save can be resumed. So, in your case, it would be the end of the playoffs. In other words, it can only work during regular season or playoffs.

This makes perfect sense, @hentzman. Just curious: in more recent Live entries, does there exist a means by which Saving offseason work is facilitated in Franchise/Dynasty Mode? For instance, via generating the forthcoming season schedule before the offseason begins, and then "dating" offseason activity on that scheduling grid? Thanks, I really appreciate the insight and information.

Peace,
MT
mortalsoul3

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 am

No, unfortunately not. The game will prompt you to save before beginning an offseason in the more recent games, but you still can't save during the offseason.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mortalsoul3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Thank you, gents. As always, I greatly appreciate the insights forwarded in this forum.

Very Best,
MT
mortalsoul3

Return to NBA Live Vintage